Subject: [Spridgets] Rustproofing sandblasted metal

From: Robert Weeks via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 13:57:30 -0400

--===============4628129907856451372==

--000000000000f5412e05aef94dca

Hi All,

I was finally able to track down a decent set of seat frames for the Midget
that my son has been working on. The old ones were rusted through.

After we sandblast these, what is the best way to attempt to rust proof
them? Since the backs of the frames set basically against the floor or
carpeting, they are very prone to rust through. I know that nothing will
totally stop rust, but what are the best products to help these last for as
long as possible? I remember POR 15 from back when I was working on cars,
but that had mixed reviews. I see Eastwood now has a bunch of different
rust encapsulating and coating products and I guess there is
powdercoating but my wife might not like me suing our oven for that.

In any event, what are people using nowadays for this? Is there any product
or solution that is clearly better than the others?

Thanks,

Robert

--000000000000f5412e05aef94dca
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi All,<div><br></div><div>I was finally able to track dow=
n a decent set of seat frames for the Midget that my son has been working o=
n. The old ones were rusted through. <br><br>After we sandblast these, what=
 is the best way to attempt to rust proof them? Since the backs of the fram=
es set basically against the floor or carpeting, they are very prone to rus=
t through. I know that nothing will totally stop rust, but what are the bes=
t products to=C2=A0help these last for as long as possible? I remember POR =
15 from back when I was working on cars, but that had mixed reviews. I see =
Eastwood now has a bunch of different rust encapsulating and coating produc=
ts and I guess there is powdercoating=C2=A0but my wife might not like me su=
ing our oven for that.<br><br>In any event, what are people using nowadays =
for this? Is there any product or solution that is clearly better than the =
others?<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Robert</div></div>

--000000000000f5412e05aef94dca--

--===============4628129907856451372==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============4628129907856451372==--

---

From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:47:05 -0400

--===============2902795407382628063==
	boundary="--_com.lge.email_5168001516450203"

----_com.lge.email_5168001516450203
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I hate to go on record saying this.   If you get the frames blasted , first rattle can primer , follow that with a good brushed on cost of Rustoleum semi flat black.  Let them sun dry ( bake) and do not look back from there!They are seat frames , not to be seen once covered by upholstery.   Rustoleum will preserve the metal nicely at a reasonable price.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From: Robert Weeks via SpridgetsDate: Thu, Sep 10, 2020 1:58 PMTo: Spridgets List;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Rustproofing sandblasted metalHi All,I was finally able to track down a decent set of seat frames for the Midget that my son has been working on. The old ones were rusted through. After we sandblast these, what is the best way to attempt to rust proof them? Since the backs of the frames set basically against the floor or carpeting, they are very prone to rust through. I know that nothing will totally stop rust, but what are the best products to help these last for as long as possible? I remember POR 15 from back when I was working on cars, but that had mixed reviews. I see Eastwood now has a bunch of different rust encapsulating and coating products and I guess there is powdercoating but my wife might not like me suing our oven for that.In any event, what are people using nowadays for this? Is there any product or solution that is clearly better than the others?Thanks,Robert

----_com.lge.email_5168001516450203
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html><head>

</head>
<body>
    <div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div dir="auto">I hate to go on record saying this.&nbsp; &nbsp;If you get the frames blasted , first rattle can primer , follow that with a good brushed on cost of Rustoleum semi flat black.&nbsp; Let them sun dry ( bake) and do not look back from there!</div><div dir="auto">They are seat frames , not to be seen once covered by upholstery.&nbsp; &nbsp;Rustoleum will preserve the metal nicely at a reasonable price.</div><div dir="auto">Chuck</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div><div dir="auto" style="font-size:9pt;"><i>Sent from my LG Mobile</i></div></div></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">------ Original message------</div><div dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Robert Weeks via Spridgets<[email-masked]></[email-masked]></div><div dir="auto"><b>Date: </b>Thu, Sep 10, 2020 1:58 PM</div><div dir="auto"><b>To: </b>Spridgets List;</div><div dir="auto"><b>Cc: </b></div><div dir="auto"><b>Subject:</b>[Spridgets] Rustproofing sandblasted metal</div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div><div dir="ltr">Hi All,<div><br></div><div>I was finally able to track down a decent set of seat frames for the Midget that my son has been working on. The old ones were rusted through. <br><br>After we sandblast these, what is the best way to attempt to rust proof them? Since the backs of the frames set basically against the floor or carpeting, they are very prone to rust through. I know that nothing will totally stop rust, but what are the best products to&nbsp;help these last for as long as possible? I remember POR 15 from back when I was working on cars, but that had mixed reviews. I see Eastwood now has a bunch of different rust encapsulating and coating products and I guess there is powdercoating&nbsp;but my wife might not like me suing our oven for that.<br><br>In any event, what are people using nowadays for this? Is there any product or solution that is clearly better than the others?<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Robert</div></div>
</div>

</body></html>
----_com.lge.email_5168001516450203--

--===============2902795407382628063==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============2902795407382628063==--