Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Manifold flange thickness

From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 18:04:24 -0400

--===============1076253248856772693==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-0E9F87D8-DB15-4241-9E61-01E94EAEFD5E
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Since all 5 ports are right in a row only one gasket is used.  Even if separ=
ate gaskets were used everything would have to be the same thickness because=
 on 4 of the studs the nuts and washers are shared between two ports.

Sent from my keyboard

>> On Sep 5, 2020, at 5:43 PM, derf <[email-masked]> wrote:
> =EF=BB=BF
> I sit corrected.  It's been a while since I had a manifold off.  Seems lik=
e my Titan single HIF6 intake had a separate gasked, though. =20
>=20
>> On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 4:39 PM Weslake1330 <[email-masked]> wrote:=

>> On the A-series it should be a single gasket that seals both the inlet an=
d the exhaust ports at the head.
>>=20
>>> On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 at 22:37, derf <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> I would carefully grind washers.  Even if both flanges are the correct t=
hickness you will most likely have gaskets of differing thicknesses. =20
>>>=20
>>>> On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 4:31 PM Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@aut=
ox.team.net> wrote:
>>>> I would contact Maniflow and ask them what the correct thickness is to e=
stablish if the exhaust is incorrect or if the inlet manifold is correct and=
 then invite them to send a replacement part.  I'd also want to be sure that=
 something that is claimed to be made by Maniflow really is.
>>>>=20
>>>> Regards
>>>>=20
>>>> Daniel S
>>>>=20
>>>>> On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 at 20:12, Rick Fisk via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.=
team.net> wrote:
>>>>> Send it all back to Maniflow and tell them to get their shxt together.=
  No excuse for this kind of BS.  They make both parts and they don't match?=
  Ridiculous. =20
>>>>>=20
>>>>> Have you contacted them?
>>>>>=20
>>>>> Rick
>>>>>=20
>>>>> Sent from my keyboard
>>>>>=20
>>>>>>> On Sep 5, 2020, at 2:45 PM, Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets=
@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>>>>> =EF=BB=BF
>>>>>> Have the exhaust faces machined down 35 thou.  Being both Maniflo the=
y should have matched thicknan.  I have the LCB header (I don't know who mak=
es it) on my 1275 and a Titan intake manifold for my single HIF44 carb.  The=
y match perfectly. Supposed to be a standard thickness for the flanges.=20
>>>>>> Mike MacLean
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 11:22:59 AM PDT, Hal Faulkner via Spr=
idgets <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> Listerati,
>>>>>> Trying to get off my rear end and make some progress in my long term o=
verhaul of FROG AYE, my 1960 Frogeye. The engine is now a 20 over 1275 with s=
ome porting, oversize valves and VP-SP3 cam. I have replaced the old 3 to on=
e exhaust manifold with a Maniflow LCB, the intake manifold is also by Manif=
low, for the HS-2 carbs that came with the car.  The concern I have is that t=
he flange is thicker on the exhaust than on the intake.  Torquing the manifo=
lds until the exhaust just touches the block (no gasket for this measurement=
) leaves the intake manifold with about 35 thousands play.  Of course, this c=
an be taken up in the gasket, but that leaves the washer on the intake side (=
of the common studs) sitting at a noticeable angle, which ,if nothing else, d=
oesn't look very cool.  The attached photo shows about .035" of feeler betwe=
en the washero and the intake manifold flange.  The exhaust manifold is snug=
. =20
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> What would you do? =20
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> ------------------------
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> [email-masked]
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>>>>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets http://autox.team.ne=
t/archive
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/r=
[email-masked]
>>>>>> ------------------------
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> [email-masked]
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>>>>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.n=
et/archive
>>>>>>=20
>>>>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/r=
[email-masked]
>>>>> ------------------------
>>>>>=20
>>>>> [email-masked]
>>>>>=20
>>>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>>>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>>>>=20
>>>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.ne=
t/archive
>>>>>=20
>>>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/we=
[email-masked]
>>>> ------------------------
>>>>=20
>>>> [email-masked]
>>>>=20
>>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>>>=20
>>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net=
/archive
>>>>=20
>>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/der=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-0E9F87D8-DB15-4241-9E61-01E94EAEFD5E
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto"><div dir=3D"ltr"><meta http-equiv=3D"conten=
t-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8">Since all 5 ports are right i=
n a row only one gasket is used. &nbsp;Even if separate gaskets were used ev=
erything would have to be the same thickness because on 4 of the studs the n=
uts and washers are shared between two ports.<div><br><div dir=3D"ltr">Sent f=
rom my keyboard</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><br><blockquote type=3D"cite">On Sep 5=
, 2020, at 5:43 PM, derf &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br><br></blockquot=
e></div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF<div dir=3D"ltr"=
>I sit corrected.&nbsp; It's been a while since I had a manifold off.&nbsp; S=
eems like my&nbsp;Titan single HIF6 intake had a separate gasked, though.&nb=
sp;&nbsp;</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmai=
l_attr">On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 4:39 PM Weslake1330 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:wes=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquot=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px so=
lid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">On the A-series it s=
hould be a single gasket that seals both the inlet and the exhaust ports at t=
he head.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail=
_attr">On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 at 22:37, derf &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:derf247@gmail=
.com" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquot=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px so=
lid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">I would carefully gr=
ind washers.&nbsp; Even if both flanges are the correct thickness you will m=
ost likely have gaskets of differing&nbsp;thicknesses.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><br>=
<div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Sep=
 5, 2020 at 4:31 PM Weslake1330 via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridget=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<=
br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex=
;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">I=
 would contact Maniflow and ask them what the correct thickness is to establ=
ish if the exhaust is incorrect or if the inlet manifold is correct and then=
 invite them to send a replacement part.&nbsp; I'd also want to be sure that=
 something that is claimed to be made by Maniflow really is.<div><br></div><=
div>Regards</div><div><br></div><div>Daniel S</div></div><br><div class=3D"g=
mail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 at 20:1=
2, Rick Fisk via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" t=
arget=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquot=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px so=
lid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">Send it all back to=
 Maniflow and tell them to get their shxt together.&nbsp; No excuse for this=
 kind of BS.&nbsp; They make both parts and they don't match?&nbsp; Ridiculo=
us. &nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Have you contacted them?<br><div><br></div><di=
v>Rick<br><br><div dir=3D"ltr">Sent from my keyboard</div><div dir=3D"ltr"><=
br><blockquote type=3D"cite">On Sep 5, 2020, at 2:45 PM, Michael MacLean via=
 Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank"=
>[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></blockquote></div><blockquo=
te type=3D"cite"><div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF<div style=3D"font-family:&quot;t=
imes new roman&quot;,&quot;new york&quot;,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div><=
/div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr">Have the exhaust faces machined down 35 thou.&nbsp;=
 Being both Maniflo they should have matched thicknan.&nbsp; I have the LCB h=
eader (I don't know who makes it) on my 1275 and a Titan intake manifold for=
 my single HIF44 carb.&nbsp; They match perfectly. Supposed to be a standard=
 thickness for the flanges. <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacLean<br></div=
><div><br></div>
       =20
        </div><div id=3D"gmail-m_1978463200746051271gmail-m_2882220137707801=
936gmail-m_8194808682426589770gmail-m_-5428346373491654872gmail-m_-895956219=
2658747527yahoo_quoted_9803739150">
            <div style=3D"font-family:&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;,Helvetica,A=
rial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(38,40,42)">
               =20
                <div>
                    On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 11:22:59 AM PDT, Hal Fau=
lkner via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D=
"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:
                </div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><div id=3D"gmail-m_1978463200746051271gmail-m_288222013=
7707801936gmail-m_8194808682426589770gmail-m_-5428346373491654872gmail-m_-89=
59562192658747527yiv2032276708"><div dir=3D"ltr">Listerati,<div>Trying to ge=
t off my rear end and make some progress in my long term overhaul of FROG AY=
E, my 1960 Frogeye. The engine is now a 20 over 1275 with some porting, over=
size valves and VP-SP3 cam. I have replaced the old 3 to one exhaust manifol=
d&nbsp;with a Maniflow LCB, the intake manifold is also by Maniflow, for the=
 HS-2 carbs that came with the car.&nbsp; The concern I have is that the fla=
nge is thicker on the exhaust than on the intake.&nbsp; Torquing the manifol=
ds until the exhaust just touches the block (no gasket for this measurement)=
 leaves the intake manifold with about 35 thousands play.&nbsp; Of course, t=
his can be taken up in the gasket, but that leaves the washer on the intake s=
ide (of the common studs) sitting at a noticeable angle, which ,if nothing e=
lse, doesn't look very cool.&nbsp; The attached photo shows about .035" of f=
eeler between the washero and the intake manifold flange.&nbsp; The exhaust m=
anifold is snug.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>What would you do?&nbs=
p;&nbsp;</div><div><br></div></div></div>------------------------<br><br><a h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
am.net</a><br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation=
: $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets </a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/op=
tions/spridgets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br></div>
            </div>
        </div><span>------------------------</span><br><span></span><br><spa=
n><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@au=
tox.team.net</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href=3D"http://=
www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a></span><br><span>Suggested annual donation: $12.75</span><br><span></span=
><br><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a> &nbsp;<a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archiv=
e</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_b=
lank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</=
a></span><br></div></blockquote></div></div></div>------------------------<b=
r>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@auto=
x.team.net</a><br>
<br>
t=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets" rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>&nbsp; <a h=
ref=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
ts/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>
------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@auto=
x.team.net</a><br>
<br>
t=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets" rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>&nbsp; <a h=
ref=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
ts/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div>
</blockquote></div>
</blockquote></div>
</div></blockquote></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-0E9F87D8-DB15-4241-9E61-01E94EAEFD5E--

--===============1076253248856772693==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============1076253248856772693==--

---

From: Bob Spruck via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 09:34:06 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0548800707975293968==
 boundary="------------4772F596E6370BB423563685"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4772F596E6370BB423563685
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Take an appropriate washer, cut one in half and braze, weld, or JB weld 
the half to a whole one and you have a stepped washer! Make a few spares 
just in case.

Bob

On 9/5/2020 6:04 PM, Rick Fisk via Spridgets wrote:
> Since all 5 ports are right in a row only one gasket is used.  Even if 
> separate gaskets were used everything would have to be the same 
> thickness because on 4 of the studs the nuts and washers are shared 
> between two ports.
>
> Sent from my keyboard
>
>> I sit corrected.  It's been a while since I had a manifold off.  
>> Seems like my Titan single HIF6 intake had a separate gasked, though.
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 4:39 PM Weslake1330 <[email-masked] 
>>
>>     On the A-series it should be a single gasket that seals both the
>>     inlet and the exhaust ports at the head.
>>
>>     On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 at 22:37, derf <[email-masked]
>>
>>         I would carefully grind washers. Even if both flanges are the
>>         correct thickness you will most likely have gaskets of
>>         differing thicknesses.
>>
>>         On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 4:31 PM Weslake1330 via Spridgets
>>         wrote:
>>
>>             I would contact Maniflow and ask them what the correct
>>             thickness is to establish if the exhaust is incorrect or
>>             if the inlet manifold is correct and then invite them to
>>             send a replacement part.  I'd also want to be sure that
>>             On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 at 20:12, Rick Fisk via Spridgets
>>             <[email-masked]
>>
>>                 Send it all back to Maniflow and tell them to get
>>                 their shxt together.  No excuse for this kind of BS. 
>>                 They make both parts and they don't match?  Ridiculous.
>>
>>                 Have you contacted them?
>>
>>                 Rick
>>
>>                 Sent from my keyboard
>>
>>>                 On Sep 5, 2020, at 2:45 PM, Michael MacLean via
>>>                 Spridgets <[email-masked]
>>>
>>>                 
>>>                 Have the exhaust faces machined down 35 thou.  Being
>>>                 both Maniflo they should have matched thicknan.  I
>>>                 have the LCB header (I don't know who makes it) on
>>>                 my 1275 and a Titan intake manifold for my single
>>>                 HIF44 carb.  They match perfectly. Supposed to be a
>>>                 standard thickness for the flanges.
>>>                 Mike MacLean
>>>
>>>                 On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 11:22:59 AM PDT, Hal
>>>                 Faulkner via Spridgets <[email-masked]
>>>
>>>
>>>                 Listerati,
>>>                 Trying to get off my rear end and make some progress
>>>                 in my long term overhaul of FROG AYE, my 1960
>>>                 Frogeye. The engine is now a 20 over 1275 with some
>>>                 porting, oversize valves and VP-SP3 cam. I have
>>>                 replaced the old 3 to one exhaust manifold with a
>>>                 Maniflow LCB, the intake manifold is also by
>>>                 Maniflow, for the HS-2 carbs that came with the
>>>                 car.  The concern I have is that the flange is
>>>                 thicker on the exhaust than on the intake. Torquing
>>>                 the manifolds until the exhaust just touches the
>>>                 block (no gasket for this measurement) leaves the
>>>                 intake manifold with about 35 thousands play.  Of
>>>                 course, this can be taken up in the gasket, but that
>>>                 leaves the washer on the intake side (of the common
>>>                 studs) sitting at a noticeable angle, which ,if
>>>                 nothing else, doesn't look very cool.  The attached
>>>                 photo shows about .035" of feeler between the
>>>                 washero and the intake manifold flange.  The exhaust
>>>                 manifold is snug.
>>>
>>>                 What would you do?
>>>
>>>                 ------------------------
>>>
>>>                 [email-masked]
>>>
>>>                 Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>>                 http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>>>                 ------------------------
>>>
>>>                 [email-masked]
>>>
>>>                 Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>>                 http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>>                 ------------------------
>>
>>                 [email-masked]
>>
>>                 Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>                 http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>>
>>             ------------------------
>>
>>
>>             Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>             http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>>
>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

--------------4772F596E6370BB423563685
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p><font size="+1"><font face="Arial">Take an appropriate washer,
          cut one in half and braze, weld, or JB weld the half to a
          whole one and you have a stepped washer! Make a few spares
          just in case.</font></font></p>
    <p><font size="+1"><font face="Arial">Bob</font></font><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/5/2020 6:04 PM, Rick Fisk via
      Spridgets wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
          charset=UTF-8">
        Since all 5 ports are right in a row only one gasket is used.
         Even if separate gaskets were used everything would have to be
        the same thickness because on 4 of the studs the nuts and
        washers are shared between two ports.
        <div><br>
          <div dir="ltr">Sent from my keyboard</div>
          <div dir="ltr"><br>
            <blockquote type="cite">On Sep 5, 2020, at 5:43 PM, derf
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
              <br>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
          <blockquote type="cite">
            <div dir="ltr">
              <div dir="ltr">I sit corrected.  It's been a while since I
                had a manifold off.  Seems like my Titan single HIF6
                intake had a separate gasked, though.  </div>
              <br>
              <div class="gmail_quote">
                <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at
                  4:39 PM Weslake1330 &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                </div>
                <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px
                  0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                  rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                  <div dir="ltr">On the A-series it should be a single
                    gasket that seals both the inlet and the exhaust
                    ports at the head.</div>
                  <br>
                  <div class="gmail_quote">
                    <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, 5 Sep 2020
                      at 22:37, derf &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                        moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<br>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px
                      0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                      rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                      <div dir="ltr">I would carefully grind washers. 
                        Even if both flanges are the correct thickness
                        you will most likely have gaskets of
                        differing thicknesses.  </div>
                      <br>
                      <div class="gmail_quote">
                        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, Sep 5,
                          2020 at 4:31 PM Weslake1330 via Spridgets &lt;<a
                            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                          wrote:<br>
                        </div>
                        <blockquote class="gmail_quote"
                          style="margin:0px 0px 0px
                          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                          rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                          <div dir="ltr">I would contact Maniflow and
                            ask them what the correct thickness is to
                            establish if the exhaust is incorrect or if
                            the inlet manifold is correct and then
                            invite them to send a replacement part.  I'd
                            also want to be sure that something that is
                            claimed to be made by Maniflow really is.
                            <div><br>
                            </div>
                            <div>Regards</div>
                            <div><br>
                            </div>
                            <div>Daniel S</div>
                          </div>
                          <br>
                          <div class="gmail_quote">
                            <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sat, 5
                              Sep 2020 at 20:12, Rick Fisk via Spridgets
                              &lt;<a
                                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                              wrote:<br>
                            </div>
                            <blockquote class="gmail_quote"
                              style="margin:0px 0px 0px
                              0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                              rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                              <div dir="auto">Send it all back to
                                Maniflow and tell them to get their shxt
                                together.  No excuse for this kind of
                                BS.  They make both parts and they don't
                                match?  Ridiculous.  
                                <div><br>
                                </div>
                                <div>Have you contacted them?<br>
                                  <div><br>
                                  </div>
                                  <div>Rick<br>
                                    <br>
                                    <div dir="ltr">Sent from my keyboard</div>
                                    <div dir="ltr"><br>
                                      <blockquote type="cite">On Sep 5,
                                        2020, at 2:45 PM, Michael
                                        MacLean via Spridgets &lt;<a
                                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                          target="_blank"
                                          moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                                        wrote:<br>
                                        <br>
                                      </blockquote>
                                    </div>
                                    <blockquote type="cite">
                                      <div dir="ltr">
                                        <div
                                          style="font-family:&quot;times
                                          new roman&quot;,&quot;new
                                          york&quot;,times,serif;font-size:16px">
                                          <div dir="ltr">Have the
                                            exhaust faces machined down
                                            35 thou.  Being both Maniflo
                                            they should have matched
                                            thicknan.  I have the LCB
                                            header (I don't know who
                                            makes it) on my 1275 and a
                                            Titan intake manifold for my
                                            single HIF44 carb.  They
                                            match perfectly. Supposed to
                                            be a standard thickness for
                                            the flanges. <br>
                                          </div>
                                          <div dir="ltr">Mike MacLean<br>
                                          </div>
                                          <div><br>
                                          </div>
                                        </div>
                                        <div
id="gmail-m_1978463200746051271gmail-m_2882220137707801936gmail-m_8194808682426589770gmail-m_-5428346373491654872gmail-m_-8959562192658747527yahoo_quoted_9803739150">
                                          <div
                                            style="font-family:&quot;Helvetica
Neue&quot;,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(38,40,42)">
                                            <div> On Saturday, September
                                              5, 2020, 11:22:59 AM PDT,
                                              Hal Faulkner via Spridgets
                                              &lt;<a
                                                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                                target="_blank"
                                                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                                              wrote: </div>
                                            <div><br>
                                            </div>
                                            <div><br>
                                            </div>
                                            <div>
                                              <div
id="gmail-m_1978463200746051271gmail-m_2882220137707801936gmail-m_8194808682426589770gmail-m_-5428346373491654872gmail-m_-8959562192658747527yiv2032276708">
                                                <div dir="ltr">Listerati,
                                                  <div>Trying to get off
                                                    my rear end and make
                                                    some progress in my
                                                    long term overhaul
                                                    of FROG AYE, my 1960
                                                    Frogeye. The engine
                                                    is now a 20 over
                                                    1275 with some
                                                    porting, oversize
                                                    valves and VP-SP3
                                                    cam. I have replaced
                                                    the old 3 to one
                                                    exhaust
                                                    manifold with a
                                                    Maniflow LCB, the
                                                    intake manifold is
                                                    also by Maniflow,
                                                    for the HS-2 carbs
                                                    that came with the
                                                    car.  The concern I
                                                    have is that the
                                                    flange is thicker on
                                                    the exhaust than on
                                                    the intake. 
                                                    Torquing the
                                                    manifolds until the
                                                    exhaust just touches
                                                    the block (no gasket
                                                    for this
                                                    measurement) leaves
                                                    the intake manifold
                                                    with about 35
                                                    thousands play.  Of
                                                    course, this can be
                                                    taken up in the
                                                    gasket, but that
                                                    leaves the washer on
                                                    the intake side (of
                                                    the common studs)
                                                    sitting at a
                                                    noticeable angle,
                                                    which ,if nothing
                                                    else, doesn't look
                                                    very cool.  The
                                                    attached photo shows
                                                    about .035" of
                                                    feeler between the
                                                    washero and the
                                                    intake manifold
                                                    flange.  The exhaust
                                                    manifold is snug.  </div>
                                                  <div><br>
                                                  </div>
                                                  <div>What would you
                                                    do?  </div>
                                                  <div><br>
                                                  </div>
                                                </div>
                                              </div>
                                              ------------------------<br>
                                              <br>
                                              <a
                                                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                                target="_blank"
                                                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                                              <br>
                                              Donate: <a
                                                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                                                target="_blank"
                                                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                                              Suggested annual donation:
                                              $12.75<br>
                                              <br>
                                              Archive: <a
                                                href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"
                                                target="_blank"
                                                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
                                              </a> <a
                                                href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                                                target="_blank"
                                                moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                                              <br>
                                              Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]"
                                                target="_blank"
                                                moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
                                            </div>
                                          </div>
                                        </div>
                                        <span>------------------------</span><br>
                                        <span></span><br>
                                        <span><a
                                            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
                                        <span></span><br>
                                        <span>Donate: <a
                                            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br>
                                        <span>Suggested annual donation:
                                          $12.75</span><br>
                                        <span></span><br>
                                        <span>Archive: <a
                                            href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>
                                           <a
                                            href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a></span><br>
                                        <span></span><br>
                                        <span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]"
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a></span><br>
                                      </div>
                                    </blockquote>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                              </div>
                              ------------------------<br>
                              <br>
                              <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                              <br>
                              Donate: <a
                                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                                rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                              Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
                              <br>
                              Archive: <a
                                href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"
                                rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a> 
                              <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                                rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                                moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                              <br>
                              Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]"
                                rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                                moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
                            </blockquote>
                          </div>
                          ------------------------<br>
                          <br>
                          <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br>
                          <br>
                          Donate: <a
                            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                          Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
                          <br>
                          Archive: <a
                            href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"
                            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a> 
                          <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                          <br>
                          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]"
                            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
                        </blockquote>
                      </div>
                    </blockquote>
                  </div>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
            </div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">------------------------

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------4772F596E6370BB423563685--

--===============0548800707975293968==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============0548800707975293968==--