Subject: [Spridgets] Springs?

From: "Bill L. via Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 11:49:50 -0700

Hello Spridgets,

  Soooo... I had the front end rebuilt last year. The car (Sprite MK
  III) sits too high in the front, visually. The bottom of the fender
  is about 2 3/4" above the top of the tire on the left (driver) side
  and 3 1/4" above the tire on the right side. ...

  I see the the workshop manual that there were actually 3 different
  length springs from Bugeye to Mk IV with a total difference of about
  1/2", tho the load rating never changes. I only see two different
  springs offered for sale.

  So, a few  questions.

  A) how far above the tire should the bottom of the fender be? Could
  someone (multiple people) measure and report?

  B) Should I just lower the spring pan 1/2" on one side to get the
  car to sit level? Is there a downside to this (It IS a cure for
  "bachelor lean" and I had it like that before the front end rebuild)

  C) Has anyone had custom springs made, and if so where and does the
  company have records to get another set made up?

  D)If I get a set made up, should I then go ahead and have different
  lengths made to make the car sit even? or go with the spring pan
  lowering?

  E) Does taking a set amount (say 1") from the length of the spring
  lower the by exactly that amount, or is there some other effect
  going on to make it some multiple or a fraction of the 1"?

  I know there are some racers out there who have lowered the front
  end much more than stock. What's the method .. Spring pan? Spring
  set? or something else?

-- 
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:[email-masked]

The worst thing about censorship is __________. 

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive