Subject: [Spridgets] ARP Flywheel bolt application

From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 14:32:19 -0700

--===============1644554388251819506==

--000000000000ffa42a059c488fc0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

A question for the generalists and the racers:
If you were to put ARP flywheel bolts onto your engine, and given that they
supply their own "special sauce" to put onto the bolts to achieve specified
torque values, and that all of your previous experience with flywheel bolts
was to apply Loctite to them.
Would You:
A) Use the Special Sauce only
B) Use Loctite
or C) use Special sauce (just enough) and then use Loctite between the head
of the bolts and the flywheel face?
What do Racers Do?
What would you do?
Enquiring Minds and all of that...;=C2=B0}
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--000000000000ffa42a059c488fc0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>A question for the generalists and the racers:</div><=
div>If you were to put ARP flywheel bolts onto your engine, and given that =
they supply their own &quot;special sauce&quot; to put onto the bolts to ac=
hieve specified torque values, and that all of your previous experience wit=
h flywheel bolts was to apply Loctite to them.<br></div><div>Would You:</di=
v><div> A) Use the Special Sauce only</div><div>B) Use Loctite</div><div>or=
 C) use Special sauce (just enough) and then use Loctite between the head o=
f the bolts and the flywheel face?</div><div>What do Racers Do?</div><div>W=
hat would you do?</div><div>Enquiring Minds and all of that...;=C2=B0}<br><=
/div><div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D=
"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Mark Haynes<br></div>It only goes o=
ne way- Pay It Forward<br></div></div></div></div></div>

--000000000000ffa42a059c488fc0--

--===============1644554388251819506==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============1644554388251819506==--

---

From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 16:35:27 -0500

I use Loctite, but then I don't have ARP flywheel bolts.

Rick

Sent from my keyboard

> On Jan 16, 2020, at 4:32 PM, Mark Haynes via Spridgets <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> If you were to put ARP flywheel bolts onto your engine, and given that they supply their own "special sauce" to put onto the bolts to achieve specified torque values, and that all of your previous experience with flywheel bolts was to apply Loctite to them.
> Would You:
> or C) use Special sauce (just enough) and then use Loctite between the head of the bolts and the flywheel face?
> What do Racers Do?
> What would you do?
> Enquiring Minds and all of that...;°}
> Mark Haynes

------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

---

From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 17:10:51 -0500

--===============8530699430744129409==
	boundary="--_com.lge.email_3874029281265421"

----_com.lge.email_3874029281265421
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On the 79 GP Championship winning car and all of Randy Canfelds race motors we used grade 8 bolts and red Locktite.Never had a failure.?? We also used loctite on the pressure plate bolts.ChuckGetting closer & closer to making the Midget a complete car...Sent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From: Mark Haynes via SpridgetsDate: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 4:32 PMTo: Spridgets list;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] ARP Flywheel bolt applicationA question for the generalists and the racers:If you were to put ARP flywheel bolts onto your engine, and given that they supply their own "special sauce" to put onto the bolts to achieve specified torque values, and that all of your previous experience with flywheel bolts was to apply Loctite to them.Would You: A) Use the Special Sauce onlyB) Use Loctiteor C) use Special sauce (just enough) and then use Loctite between the head of the bolts and the flywheel face?What do Racers Do?What would you do?Enquiring Minds and all of that...;??}Mark HaynesIt only goes one way- Pay It Forward

----_com.lge.email_3874029281265421
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html><head>

</head>
<body>
    <div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div dir="auto">On the 79 GP Championship winning car and all of Randy Canfelds race motors we used grade 8 bolts and red Locktite.</div><div dir="auto">Never had a failure.&nbsp; We also used loctite on the pressure plate bolts.</div><div dir="auto">Chuck</div><div dir="auto">Getting closer &amp; closer to making the Midget a complete car...</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div><div dir="auto" style="font-size:9pt;"><i>Sent from my LG Mobile</i></div></div></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">------ Original message------</div><div dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Mark Haynes via Spridgets<[email-masked]></[email-masked]></div><div dir="auto"><b>Date: </b>Thu, Jan 16, 2020 4:32 PM</div><div dir="auto"><b>To: </b>Spridgets list;</div><div dir="auto"><b>Cc: </b></div><div dir="auto"><b>Subject:</b>[Spridgets] ARP Flywheel bolt application</div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div><div dir="ltr"><div>A question for the generalists and the racers:</div><div>If you were to put ARP flywheel bolts onto your engine, and given that they supply their own "special sauce" to put onto the bolts to achieve specified torque values, and that all of your previous experience with flywheel bolts was to apply Loctite to them.<br></div><div>Would You:</div><div> A) Use the Special Sauce only</div><div>B) Use Loctite</div><div>or C) use Special sauce (just enough) and then use Loctite between the head of the bolts and the flywheel face?</div><div>What do Racers Do?</div><div>What would you do?</div><div>Enquiring Minds and all of that...;??}<br></div><div><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div>Mark Haynes<br></div>It only goes one way- Pay It Forward<br></div></div></div></div></div>
</div>

</body></html>
----_com.lge.email_3874029281265421--

--===============8530699430744129409==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============8530699430744129409==--