Subject: [Spridgets] It's been a long time

From: Robert Weeks via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 18:50:16 -0500

--===============7204542220318689001==

--000000000000ffeaa2059706ada4

Hi all,

I used to be on this list years ago. Haven't done much with my Midget in
years other than watch it rust outside because we didn't have a garage and
I had other responsibilities and projects. My oldest is 17, he'll be 18
next month, and he loves working on cars. He's taken on my Midget as his
project under my guidance.

I have a 1970 that I bought off of Frank Carici. It's going to need a lot
of work. The kid hopes to have it fixed up in time for his senior prom.

I was wondering (without starting a war or hurting any feelings) who the
best suppliers are these days. I'm going to be helping him out but neither
of us has a lot of money to sink into the car. We're going to go through
each system to get it sorted and right, but we're going to need a good deal
of parts both mechanical and cosmetic, and we're going to need some body
panels. I can weld and paint but this is going to be a pretty big order to
get it ready in time and to do it on the cheap. We're not going for
concours here. Our inspiration is going to be the cars that Frank would
take from junkers to nice looking drivers without breaking the bank or
spending years on.

I used to be able to go to the local auto parts store and get rebuild
calipers, and a lot of other parts but those days seem to be long gone.
Can't even find a distributor cap and rotor there these days.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. If we can afford to make this
happen I'll do my best to keep you all posted. I'm hoping I can get my kid
on the list but he's not big on email ;-)

Thanks again,

Robert

--000000000000ffeaa2059706ada4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi all,<br><br>I used to be on this list years ago. Haven&=
#39;t done much with my Midget in years other than watch it rust outside be=
cause we didn&#39;t have a garage and I had other responsibilities and proj=
ects. My oldest is 17, he&#39;ll be 18 next month, and he loves working on =
cars. He&#39;s taken on my Midget as his project under my guidance.<br><div=
><br></div><div>I have a 1970 that I bought off of Frank Carici. It&#39;s g=
oing to need a lot of work. The kid hopes to have it fixed up in time for h=
is senior prom.<br><br>I was wondering (without starting a war or hurting a=
ny feelings) who the best suppliers are these days. I&#39;m going to be hel=
ping him out but neither of us has a lot of money to sink into the car. We&=
#39;re going to go through each system to get it sorted and right, but we&#=
39;re going to need a good deal of parts both mechanical and cosmetic, and =
we&#39;re going to need some body panels. I can weld and paint but this is =
going to be a pretty big order to get it ready in time and to do it on the =
cheap. We&#39;re not going for concours here. Our inspiration is going to b=
e the cars that Frank would take from junkers to nice looking drivers witho=
ut breaking the bank or spending years on.<br><br>I used to be able to go t=
o the local auto parts store and get rebuild calipers, and a lot of other p=
arts but those days seem to be long gone. Can&#39;t even find a distributor=
 cap and rotor there these days.<br><br>Thanks in advance for your suggesti=
ons. If we can afford to make this happen I&#39;ll do my best to keep you a=
ll posted. I&#39;m hoping I can get my kid on the list but he&#39;s not big=
 on email ;-)<br><br>Thanks again,<br><br>Robert</div></div>

--000000000000ffeaa2059706ada4--

--===============7204542220318689001==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7204542220318689001==--