Subject: Re: [Spridgets] It's been a long time

From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 21:32:36 -0500

--===============7014592615714345437==
	boundary="--_com.lge.email_3493320798161210"

----_com.lge.email_3493320798161210
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Robert!So good to hear from you!?? ?? It HAS been a while.Where are you located geographically speaking?Next please send a list of missing or needed parts to EVERYONE!?? ??I have misc. "Stuff" and if I can help ASK!And....if geography works out... possibly an OSHIT could be something to contemplate?ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From: Robert Weeks via SpridgetsDate: Sun, Nov 10, 2019 6:50 PMTo: [email-masked];Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] It's been a long timeHi all,I used to be on this list years ago. Haven't done much with my Midget in years other than watch it rust outside because we didn't have a garage and I had other responsibilities and projects. My oldest is 17, he'll be 18 next month, and he loves working on cars. He's taken on my Midget as his project under my guidance.I have a 1970 that I bought off of Frank Carici. It's going to need a lot of work. The kid hopes to have it fixed up in time for his senior prom.I was wondering (without starting a war or hurting any feelings) who the best suppliers are these days. I'm going to be helping him out but neither of us has a lot of money to sink into the car. We're going to go through each system to get it sorted and right, but we're going to need a good deal of parts both mechanical and cosmetic, and we're going to need some body panels. I can weld and paint but this is going to be a pretty big order to get it ready in time and to do it on the cheap. We're not going for concours here. Our inspiration is going to be the cars that Frank would take from junkers to nice looking drivers without breaking the bank or spending years on.I used to be able to go to the local auto parts store and get rebuild calipers, and a lot of other parts but those days seem to be long gone. Can't even find a distributor cap and rotor there these days.Thanks in advance for your suggestions. If we can afford to make this happen I'll do my best to keep you all posted. I'm hoping I can get my kid on the list but he's not big on email ;-)Thanks again,Robert

----_com.lge.email_3493320798161210
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html><head>

</head>
<body>
    <div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div dir="auto">Robert!</div><div dir="auto">So good to hear from you!&nbsp; &nbsp; It HAS been a while.</div><div dir="auto">Where are you located geographically speaking?</div><div dir="auto">Next please send a list of missing or needed parts to EVERYONE!&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">I have misc. "Stuff" and if I can help ASK!</div><div dir="auto">And....if geography works out... possibly an OSHIT could be something to contemplate?</div><div dir="auto">Chuck</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div><div dir="auto" style="font-size:9pt;"><i>Sent from my LG Mobile</i></div></div></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">------ Original message------</div><div dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Robert Weeks via Spridgets<[email-masked]></[email-masked]></div><div dir="auto"><b>Date: </b>Sun, Nov 10, 2019 6:50 PM</div><div dir="auto"><b>To: </b><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>;</div><div dir="auto"><b>Cc: </b></div><div dir="auto"><b>Subject:</b>[Spridgets] It's been a long time</div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div><div dir="ltr">Hi all,<br><br>I used to be on this list years ago. Haven't done much with my Midget in years other than watch it rust outside because we didn't have a garage and I had other responsibilities and projects. My oldest is 17, he'll be 18 next month, and he loves working on cars. He's taken on my Midget as his project under my guidance.<br><div><br></div><div>I have a 1970 that I bought off of Frank Carici. It's going to need a lot of work. The kid hopes to have it fixed up in time for his senior prom.<br><br>I was wondering (without starting a war or hurting any feelings) who the best suppliers are these days. I'm going to be helping him out but neither of us has a lot of money to sink into the car. We're going to go through each system to get it sorted and right, but we're going to need a good deal of parts both mechanical and cosmetic, and we're going to need some body panels. I can weld and paint but this is going to be a pretty big order to get it ready in time and to do it on the cheap. We're not going for concours here. Our inspiration is going to be the cars that Frank would take from junkers to nice looking drivers without breaking the bank or spending years on.<br><br>I used to be able to go to the local auto parts store and get rebuild calipers, and a lot of other parts but those days seem to be long gone. Can't even find a distributor cap and rotor there these days.<br><br>Thanks in advance for your suggestions. If we can afford to make this happen I'll do my best to keep you all posted. I'm hoping I can get my kid on the list but he's not big on email ;-)<br><br>Thanks again,<br><br>Robert</div></div>
</div>

</body></html>
----_com.lge.email_3493320798161210--

--===============7014592615714345437==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7014592615714345437==--

---

From: Robert Weeks via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 07:08:41 -0500

--===============5707106268727464991==

--000000000000cc8add059710fe36

Hi Chuck,

Good to hear from you too! We're just north of Durham, NC. I don't know if
there are any other list members in the area but an OSHIT would be great in
the spring. He just started on the car yesterday so he has a ways to go,
and it's getting cold here. We do have a garage now but it is used for my
guitar building business. The car is now on a concrete pad in front of the
garage. For years it sat on the gravel driveway which wasn't the best thing
for it.

Best,

Robert Weeks
Black Moon Guitars
https://blackmoonguitars.com/

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019, 9:32 PM crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Robert!
> So good to hear from you!    It HAS been a while.
> Where are you located geographically speaking?
> Next please send a list of missing or needed parts to EVERYONE!
> I have misc. "Stuff" and if I can help ASK!
> And....if geography works out... possibly an OSHIT could be something to
> contemplate?
> Chuck
>
>
> *Sent from my LG Mobile*
>
> ------ Original message------
> *From: *Robert Weeks via Spridgets
> *Date: *Sun, Nov 10, 2019 6:50 PM
> *To: [email-masked];
> *Cc: *
> *Subject:*[Spridgets] It's been a long time
>
> Hi all,
>
> I used to be on this list years ago. Haven't done much with my Midget in
> years other than watch it rust outside because we didn't have a garage and
> I had other responsibilities and projects. My oldest is 17, he'll be 18
> next month, and he loves working on cars. He's taken on my Midget as his
> project under my guidance.
>
> I have a 1970 that I bought off of Frank Carici. It's going to need a lot
> of work. The kid hopes to have it fixed up in time for his senior prom.
>
> I was wondering (without starting a war or hurting any feelings) who the
> best suppliers are these days. I'm going to be helping him out but neither
> of us has a lot of money to sink into the car. We're going to go through
> each system to get it sorted and right, b ut we're going to need a good
> deal of parts both mechanical and cosmetic, and we're going to need some
> body panels. I can weld and paint but this is going to be a pretty big
> order to get it ready in time and to do it on the cheap. We're not going
> for concours here. Our inspiration is going to be the cars that Frank would
> take from junkers to nice looking drivers without breaking the bank or
> spending years on.
>
> I used to be able to go to the local auto parts store and get rebuild
> calipers, and a lot of other parts but those days seem to be long gone.
> Can't even find a distributor cap and rotor there these days.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions. If we can afford to make this
> happen I'll do my best to keep you all posted. I'm hoping I can get my kid
> on the list but he's not big on email ;-)
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Robert
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>

--000000000000cc8add059710fe36
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Hi Chuck,=C2=A0<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"au=
to">Good to=C2=A0hear from you too! We&#39;re just north of Durham, NC. I d=
on&#39;t know if there are any other list members in the area but an OSHIT =
would be great in the spring. He just started on the car yesterday so he ha=
s a ways to go, and it&#39;s getting cold here. We do have a garage now but=
 it is used for my guitar building business. The car is now on a concrete p=
ad in front of the garage. For years it sat on the gravel driveway which wa=
sn&#39;t the best thing for it.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=
=3D"auto">Best,<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"auto"=
>Robert Weeks<br>Black Moon Guitars<br><a href=3D"https://blackmoonguitars.=
com/">https://blackmoonguitars.com/</a></div></div></div><br><div class=3D"=
gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Nov 10, 2019, 9:=
32 PM crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@auto=
x.team.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote cl=
ass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;p=
adding-left:1ex">

<div>
    <div style=3D"font-size:10pt"><div dir=3D"auto">Robert!</div><div dir=
=3D"auto">So good to hear from you!=C2=A0 =C2=A0 It HAS been a while.</div>=
<div dir=3D"auto">Where are you located geographically speaking?</div><div =
dir=3D"auto">Next please send a list of missing or needed parts to EVERYONE=
!=C2=A0 =C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">I have misc. &quot;Stuff&quot; and if=
 I can help ASK!</div><div dir=3D"auto">And....if geography works out... po=
ssibly an OSHIT could be something to contemplate?</div><div dir=3D"auto">C=
huck</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div><div=
 dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-size:9pt"><i>Sent from my LG Mobile</i></div></=
div></div><div style=3D"font-size:10pt"><div id=3D"m_-19549301190844821LGEm=
ailHeader" dir=3D"auto"><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">-----=
- Original message------</div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>From: </b>Robert Weeks v=
ia Spridgets<u></u><u></u></div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>Date: </b>Sun, Nov 10,=
 2019 6:50 PM</div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>To: </b><a href=3D"mailto:spridgets=
@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked].=
net</a>;</div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>Cc: </b></div><div dir=3D"auto"><b>Subje=
ct:</b>[Spridgets] It&#39;s been a long time</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></d=
iv></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Hi all,<br><br>I used to be on this list years ag=
o. Haven&#39;t done much with my Midget in years other than watch it rust o=
utside because we didn&#39;t have a garage and I had other responsibilities=
 and projects. My oldest is 17, he&#39;ll be 18 next month, and he loves wo=
rking on cars. He&#39;s taken on my Midget as his project under my guidance=
.<br><div><br></div><div>I have a 1970 that I bought off of Frank Carici. I=
t&#39;s going to need a lot of work. The kid hopes to have it fixed up in t=
ime for his senior prom.<br><br>I was wondering (without starting a war or =
hurting any feelings) who the best suppliers are these days. I&#39;m going =
to be helping him out but neither of us has a lot of money to sink into the=
 car. We&#39;re going to go through each system to get it sorted and right,=
 b
 ut we&#39;re going to need a good deal of parts both mechanical and cosmet=
ic, and we&#39;re going to need some body panels. I can weld and paint but =
this is going to be a pretty big order to get it ready in time and to do it=
 on the cheap. We&#39;re not going for concours here. Our inspiration is go=
ing to be the cars that Frank would take from junkers to nice looking drive=
rs without breaking the bank or spending years on.<br><br>I used to be able=
 to go to the local auto parts store and get rebuild calipers, and a lot of=
 other parts but those days seem to be long gone. Can&#39;t even find a dis=
tributor cap and rotor there these days.<br><br>Thanks in advance for your =
suggestions. If we can afford to make this happen I&#39;ll do my best to ke=
ep you all posted. I&#39;m hoping I can get my kid on the list but he&#39;s=
 not big on email ;-)<br><br>Thanks again,<br><br>Robert</div></div>
</div>

</div>------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"norefe=
rrer">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets" rel=3D"norefer=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</=
a>=C2=A0 <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer norefe=
rrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
ets/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blan=
k">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]=
</a><br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000cc8add059710fe36--

--===============5707106268727464991==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============5707106268727464991==--