Subject: [Spridgets] Gas tank sealer

From: Robert Weeks via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 14:40:31 -0500

--===============6744274600084916793==

--000000000000aec7da05979001d3

Hi,

My son is making slow progress on the 1970 Midget. Seems that there is some
rust in the tank, or at least that is what it looked like when he drained
the gas. I know there is POR 15 for gas tanks, but since we cheap, has
anyone tried the Eastwood gas tank sealer (cheaper) or better yet does
anyone have a rust free tank they'd be willing to part with for not much
money?

Thanks,

Robert Weeks
Black Moon Guitars
https://blackmoonguitars.com/

--000000000000aec7da05979001d3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi,<div><br></div><div>My son is making slow progress on t=
he 1970 Midget. Seems that there is some rust in the tank, or at least that=
 is what it looked like when he drained the gas. I know there is POR 15 for=
 gas tanks, but since we cheap, has anyone tried the Eastwood gas tank seal=
er (cheaper) or better yet does anyone have a rust free tank they&#39;d be =
willing to part with for not much money?<br><br>Thanks,<br><br clear=3D"all=
"><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_s=
ignature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Robert Weeks<div>Black Moon Guitars</div><div><a=
 href=3D"https://blackmoonguitars.com/" target=3D"_blank">https://blackmoon=
guitars.com/</a></div></div></div></div></div></div>

--000000000000aec7da05979001d3--

--===============6744274600084916793==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============6744274600084916793==--

---

From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 15:08:27 -0500

--===============1458821270545766281==
	boundary="--_com.lge.email_1914549348432865"

----_com.lge.email_1914549348432865
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

If you can get away with putting some nuts in the tank and literally shake-shake-shake the tank.   That loosens any stuff in there.  You can rinse it out and as a last resource go magnet fishing to collect any particles .  Then install a cheapie throw away filter between the tank & pump.   That will protect the pump and gather up and sediment before it does any damage or ends up where it becomes a problem.   If you can avoid sealing the tank , do not seal the tank.   Tank sealers are a great salvation for marginal tanks as opposed to buying a new tank.  But!  Unless you follow directions and cross every "T" and dot every "I" , tank sealers can end up screwing up ( fouling)  the pick up tube.  And if not perfectly applied , come loose in the tank and block/clog pick up tubes .   If that becomes an issue , it's worse to resolve than rust removal.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From: Robert Weeks via SpridgetsDate: Sun, Nov 17, 2019 2:42 PMTo: Robert Weeks via Spridgets;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Gas tank sealerHi,My son is making slow progress on the 1970 Midget. Seems that there is some rust in the tank, or at least that is what it looked like when he drained the gas. I know there is POR 15 for gas tanks, but since we cheap, has anyone tried the Eastwood gas tank sealer (cheaper) or better yet does anyone have a rust free tank they'd be willing to part with for not much money?Thanks,Robert WeeksBlack Moon Guitarshttps://blackmoonguitars.com/

----_com.lge.email_1914549348432865
   charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html><head>

</head>
<body>
    <div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div dir="auto">If you can get away with putting some nuts in the tank and literally shake-shake-shake the tank.&nbsp; &nbsp;That loosens any stuff in there.&nbsp; You can rinse it out and as a last resource go magnet fishing to collect any particles .&nbsp; Then install a cheapie throw away filter between the tank &amp; pump.&nbsp; &nbsp;That will protect the pump and gather up and sediment before it does any damage or ends up where it becomes a problem.&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">If you can avoid sealing the tank , do not seal the tank.&nbsp; &nbsp;Tank sealers are a great salvation for marginal tanks as opposed to buying a new tank.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">But!&nbsp; Unless you follow directions and cross every "T" and dot every "I" , tank sealers can end up screwing up ( fouling)&nbsp; the pick up tube.&nbsp; And if not perfectly applied , come loose in the tank and block/clog pick up tubes .&nbsp; &nbsp;If that becomes an issue , it's worse to resolve than rust removal.</div><div dir="auto">Chuck</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div><div dir="auto" style="font-size:9pt;"><i>Sent from my LG Mobile</i></div></div></div><div style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">------ Original message------</div><div dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Robert Weeks via Spridgets<[email-masked]></[email-masked]></div><div dir="auto"><b>Date: </b>Sun, Nov 17, 2019 2:42 PM</div><div dir="auto"><b>To: </b>Robert Weeks via Spridgets;</div><div dir="auto"><b>Cc: </b></div><div dir="auto"><b>Subject:</b>[Spridgets] Gas tank sealer</div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div><div dir="ltr">Hi,<div><br></div><div>My son is making slow progress on the 1970 Midget. Seems that there is some rust in the tank, or at least that is what it looked like when he drained the gas. I know there is POR 15 for gas tanks, but since we cheap, has anyone tried the Eastwood gas tank sealer (cheaper) or better yet does anyone have a rust free tank they'd be willing to part with for not much money?<br><br>Thanks,<br><br clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr">Robert Weeks<div>Black Moon Guitars</div><div><a href="https://blackmoonguitars.com/" target="_blank">https://blackmoonguitars.com/</a></div></div></div></div></div></div>
</div>

</body></html>
----_com.lge.email_1914549348432865--

--===============1458821270545766281==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============1458821270545766281==--