Subject: [Spridgets] Thanks for all your help thru the years

From: Jeff Foster via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 15:45:34 -0500

--000000000000fddbc50591fca205

--000000000000fddbc30591fca203

Went to pull my '73 Midget out of the garage 1/2 hour before a guy was
coming to look at it for sale this morning.

One touch of the throttle and the pedal dropped to the floor! Cable broke
at the carb. I'd been careful to not talk much of a pending sale around the
car, but somehow it just KNEW, and it wasn't going to make the separation
easy on me!

THIS is why I was reluctant every time a prospective buyer asked "will I be
able to jump in and drive it _XXX_ miles back home?"

I remembered a conversation on here from years back - probably from Frank -
about using a bicycle shift/brake cable.

Quick trip across town and back, a cheap $4 to the local bike shop, and
maybe 3 minutes work and it's "go time" again!

This is the second time I've let this car go. The new-to-Spridgets buyer is
from northern Illinois, 3 hours away. I doubt I'll ever see the car again,
let alone have the opportunity to buy it a 3rd time. ;)

Great bunch of guys and gals here on the Spridget list. I haven't been
"active" on here for several years but will miss the camaraderie, and the
comedy.

I have passed info about the list, and the Spridgets Facebook group, to the
new owners so you may have a new member soon. They seemed like a decent
couple, prepared to take good care of my car - so I even included the
freshly powder coated, vintage, Autopower roll bar that I hadn't yet
installed or mentioned in the ad.

Farewell my friends. Safety fast!

--000000000000fddbc30591fca203
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Went to pull my &#39;73 Midget out of the garage 1/2 hour before a guy was =
coming to look at it for sale this morning.=C2=A0<div><br></div><div>One to=
uch of the throttle and the pedal dropped to the floor! Cable broke at the =
carb. I&#39;d been careful to not talk much of a pending sale around the ca=
r, but somehow it just KNEW, and it wasn&#39;t going to make the separation=
 easy on me!<div><br><div>THIS is why I was reluctant every time a prospect=
ive buyer asked &quot;will I be able to jump in and drive it _XXX_ miles ba=
ck home?&quot;</div><div><br></div><div>I remembered a conversation on here=
 from years back - probably from Frank - about using a bicycle shift/brake =
cable.</div></div><div><br></div><div>Quick trip across town and back, a ch=
eap $4 to the local bike shop, and maybe 3 minutes work and it&#39;s &quot;=
go time&quot; again!</div><div><br></div><div>This is the second time I&#39=
;ve let this car go. The new-to-Spridgets buyer is from northern Illinois, =
3 hours away. I doubt I&#39;ll ever see the car again, let alone have the o=
pportunity to buy it a 3rd time. ;)</div><div><br></div><div>Great bunch of=
 guys and gals here on the Spridget list. I haven&#39;t been &quot;active&q=
uot; on here for several years but will miss the camaraderie, and the comed=
y.</div><div><br></div><div>I have passed info about the list, and the Spri=
dgets Facebook group, to the new owners so you may have a new member soon. =
They seemed like a decent couple, prepared to take good care of my car - so=
 I even included the freshly powder coated, vintage, Autopower roll bar tha=
t I hadn&#39;t yet installed or mentioned in the ad.</div><div><br></div><d=
iv>Farewell my friends. Safety fast!</div><div><br></div></div>

--000000000000fddbc30591fca203--

--000000000000fddbc50591fca205
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20190907_101105.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
--000000000000fddbc50591fca205
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--000000000000fddbc50591fca205--