Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Thanks for all your help thru the years

From: Brad Fornal via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:51:41 -0500

--===============1350898012301863812==

--0000000000007b26a50591ff3d7b

For anyone else that is preparing to do this repair. I would suggest you
head to your local scrap yard. Look in their pile of bicycles. The cheap
Chinese Wally World bikes have a sweep 90* made out of aluminum on the
front and rear brakes of the bike. Get both of them. When you replace your
cable, put these on both ends to keep the transition smooth, and the cable
no longer will rub on the bonnet.
Just another hint, in the memory of "we tight" Clarici.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 4:06 PM Jeff Foster via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Went to pull my '73 Midget out of the garage 1/2 hour before a guy was
> coming to look at it for sale this morning.
>
> One touch of the throttle and the pedal dropped to the floor! Cable broke
> at the carb. I'd been careful to not talk much of a pending sale around the
> car, but somehow it just KNEW, and it wasn't going to make the separation
> easy on me!
>
> THIS is why I was reluctant every time a prospective buyer asked "will I
> be able to jump in and drive it _XXX_ miles back home?"
>
> I remembered a conversation on here from years back - probably from Frank
> - about using a bicycle shift/brake cable.
>
> Quick trip across town and back, a cheap $4 to the local bike shop, and
> maybe 3 minutes work and it's "go time" again!
>
> This is the second time I've let this car go. The new-to-Spridgets buyer
> is from northern Illinois, 3 hours away. I doubt I'll ever see the car
> again, let alone have the opportunity to buy it a 3rd time. ;)
>
> Great bunch of guys and gals here on the Spridget list. I haven't been
> "active" on here for several years but will miss the camaraderie, and the
> comedy.
>
> I have passed info about the list, and the Spridgets Facebook group, to
> the new owners so you may have a new member soon. They seemed like a decent
> couple, prepared to take good care of my car - so I even included the
> freshly powder coated, vintage, Autopower roll bar that I hadn't yet
> installed or mentioned in the ad.
>
> Farewell my friends. Safety fast!
>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/

--0000000000007b26a50591ff3d7b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">For anyone else that is preparing to do this repair. I wou=
ld suggest you head to your local scrap yard. Look in their pile of bicycle=
s. The cheap Chinese Wally World bikes have a sweep 90* made out of aluminu=
m on the front and rear brakes of the bike. Get both of them. When you repl=
ace your cable, put these on both ends to keep the transition smooth, and t=
he cable no longer will rub on the bonnet.=C2=A0<br>Just another hint, in t=
he memory of &quot;we tight&quot; Clarici.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quo=
te"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 4:06 PM Je=
ff Foster via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">spr=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_qu=
ote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,20=
4);padding-left:1ex">Went to pull my &#39;73 Midget out of the garage 1/2 h=
our before a guy was coming to look at it for sale this morning.=C2=A0<div>=
<br></div><div>One touch of the throttle and the pedal dropped to the floor=
! Cable broke at the carb. I&#39;d been careful to not talk much of a pendi=
ng sale around the car, but somehow it just KNEW, and it wasn&#39;t going t=
o make the separation easy on me!<div><br><div>THIS is why I was reluctant =
every time a prospective buyer asked &quot;will I be able to jump in and dr=
ive it _XXX_ miles back home?&quot;</div><div><br></div><div>I remembered a=
 conversation on here from years back - probably from Frank - about using a=
 bicycle shift/brake cable.</div></div><div><br></div><div>Quick trip acros=
s town and back, a cheap $4 to the local bike shop, and maybe 3 minutes wor=
k and it&#39;s &quot;go time&quot; again!</div><div><br></div><div>This is =
the second time I&#39;ve let this car go. The new-to-Spridgets buyer is fro=
m northern Illinois, 3 hours away. I doubt I&#39;ll ever see the car again,=
 let alone have the opportunity to buy it a 3rd time. ;)</div><div><br></di=
v><div>Great bunch of guys and gals here on the Spridget list. I haven&#39;=
t been &quot;active&quot; on here for several years but will miss the camar=
aderie, and the comedy.</div><div><br></div><div>I have passed info about t=
he list, and the Spridgets Facebook group, to the new owners so you may hav=
e a new member soon. They seemed like a decent couple, prepared to take goo=
d care of my car - so I even included the freshly powder coated, vintage, A=
utopower roll bar that I hadn&#39;t yet installed or mentioned in the ad.</=
div><div><br></div><div>Farewell my friends. Safety fast!</div><div><br></d=
iv></div>
------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>=C2=A0 <a=
 href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
ets/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr"=
 class=3D"gmail_signature">DON JULIO 1942<br><br><a href=3D"http://tequilab=
rad.com/" target=3D"_blank">http://tequilabrad.com/</a></div>

--0000000000007b26a50591ff3d7b--

--===============1350898012301863812==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============1350898012301863812==--

---

From: David Lieb via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 19:34:42 -0500

--===============0617078493306125022==

--000000000000f992fb0591ffd65a

> Just another hint, in the memory of "we tight" Clarici.

Or, If you ain't quite that tight, they are called "Brake Noodles" and they
cost about $3 each at your local bike shop. Nice new lined brake housing in
a selection of colours runs a couple bucks a foot. Add a $6 mountain bike
brake cable and you have a setup that works far better than any of the
usual suspects will sell you ad at a significant savings. Kinda ironic to
ise a cable intended to slow down a bicycle to make your Spridget speed
up...
David L

--000000000000f992fb0591ffd65a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quot=
e" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204)=
;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">For anyone else that is preparing to do=
 this repair. I would suggest you head to your local scrap yard. Look in th=
eir pile of bicycles. The cheap Chinese Wally World bikes have a sweep 90* =
made out of aluminum on the front and rear brakes of the bike. Get both of =
them. When you replace your cable, put these on both ends to keep the trans=
ition smooth, and the cable no longer will rub on the bonnet.=C2=A0<br>Just=
 another hint, in the memory of &quot;we tight&quot; Clarici.</div></blockq=
uote><div><br></div><div>Or, If you ain&#39;t quite that tight, they are ca=
lled &quot;Brake Noodles&quot; and they cost about $3 each at your local bi=
ke shop. Nice new lined brake housing in a selection of colours runs a coup=
le bucks a foot. Add a $6 mountain bike brake cable and you have a setup th=
at works far better than any of the usual suspects will sell you ad at a si=
gnificant savings. Kinda ironic to ise a cable intended to slow down a bicy=
cle to make your Spridget speed up...</div><div>David L<br></div></div></di=
v>

--000000000000f992fb0591ffd65a--

--===============0617078493306125022==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============0617078493306125022==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 16:24:06 -0600

On 9/7/19 2:45 PM, Jeff Foster via Spridgets wrote:
> "active" on here for several years but will miss the camaraderie, and 
> the comedy.

Yes, the Team.Net lists have been around in one form or another for 3 
decades.  They've had impacts large and small on many people with many 
various cars.  It's been a labour of love since I took over around 1989, 
and I hope to continue as long as I am able. Hope I don't drop dead 
suddenly with no provisions made for the continuation of Team.Net.

It's nice when people show appreciation for the efforts involved.  Back 
in the early days having a fast network at home was rare and expensive, 
these days seems like everyone and their cat has one.  So no more fund 
drives, though occasionally folks do make use of the donate link to show 
their support.

And even though you might unsubscribe, when the mood strikes you can 
always check out http://autox.team.net/archive to see what's been 
happening on your favorite lists.

mjb.

------------------------

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]