Subject: [Spridgets] No Castrol DOT 3 available : (

From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 15:56:56 -0400

--000000000000cd0b94058c03191e

--000000000000cd0b91058c03191c

Hi Spridgiteers,
I want to bleed my brakes but the stores or Amazon nolonger carries Castrol
GT LMA DOT3 brake fluid. I thought I had a few bottles left but I was wrong
and have her on stands patiently waiting for her fluid. Yesterday I took
her out for the first time and needed a little more fluid before heading
out. I only drove 8 blocks and while sitting at a light the peddle went to
the floor. I quickly pumped the brake and it was fine to get home. I put
her on stands in the driveway getting ready to bleed as I suspected an air
bubble but no store carries Castrol GT LMA Dot 3 any more. Suggestions
please. One of the members on a Facebook Spridget group said to flush and
add Castrol DOT4 which is synthetic, he said I wouldn't need to replace the
wheel cylinders or the master cylinder I I did that but I am by myself and
use a stick to hold the peddle using a tube into fluid to prevent air, I
have a one handed blender but I couldn't get it to work properly. Maybe I
should look at a youtube.

What would Frank say?
Linda
62 California Sprite "Pinky"

-- 
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--000000000000cd0b91058c03191c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi Spridgiteers,<div>I want to bleed my brakes but the sto=
res or Amazon nolonger carries Castrol GT LMA DOT3 brake fluid. I thought I=
 had a few bottles left but I was wrong and have her on stands patiently wa=
iting for her fluid. Yesterday I took her out for the first time and needed=
 a little more fluid before heading out. I only drove 8 blocks and while si=
tting at a light the peddle went to the floor. I quickly pumped the brake a=
nd it was fine to get home. I put her on stands in the driveway getting rea=
dy to bleed as I suspected an air bubble but no store carries Castrol GT LM=
A Dot 3 any more. Suggestions please. One of the members on a Facebook Spri=
dget group said to flush and add Castrol DOT4 which is synthetic, he said I=
 wouldn&#39;t need to replace the wheel cylinders or the master cylinder I =
I did that but I am by myself and use a stick to hold the peddle using a tu=
be into fluid to prevent air, I have a one handed blender but I couldn&#39;=
t get it to work properly. Maybe I should look at a youtube.</div><div><br>=
</div><div>What would Frank say?</div><div>Linda</div><div>62 California Sp=
rite &quot;Pinky&quot;</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div><br></d=
iv>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmai=
l_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&quot;Pay if =
forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br></div></di=
v></div></div>

--000000000000cd0b91058c03191c--

--000000000000cd0b94058c03191e
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="sprite without wheels.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_jx9dh2ei0>

--000000000000cd0b94058c03191e
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="castrol.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_jx9dh7u51>

--000000000000cd0b94058c03191e
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Castrol dot 4 synthetic.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_jx9dhfa82>

--000000000000cd0b94058c03191e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--000000000000cd0b94058c03191e--