Subject: [Spridgets] Wild West OSHIT Update

From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 08:14:02 -0600

--===============3580149224414822948==

--000000000000bb27f205898eba42

Jim's Midget isn't quite ready for prime time yet. We ran into a few snags
with missing parts (windscreen bolts and shims, dizzy cap, etc), wrong
parts (wiring harness, specifically), and modifications (struts for boot
lid and bonnet). The midget is now on its wheels, has the engine and trans
installed, the doors are assembled (not on) brake lines and fuel lines are
all run and ready. The interior is not.
Thanks to Kevin Valentine for reworking the old wiring harness, Bob
Kitterer for rewiring the dash and spending hours working the 'eyebrow' for
the rear main kit to the right thickness, Jack Orkin for his many insights
and keeping us all moving forward, Dave Woerpel for busting his knuckles on
the doors and Greg Gowins for doing the heavy lifting.
Jim will need another OSHIT to finish up and get things finalized, but it
should be just the fiddly stuff of you know, starting the engine, tuning,
installing the doors and interior and checking the electricals.
Given another day absent the tornados, we might have had it going, but its
well down the road now. Who's up for Mid-July to finish this thing up?
BTW, also thanks to Jim and Caroline for feeding and lubricating all of us.
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--000000000000bb27f205898eba42
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Jim&#39;s Midget isn&#39;t quite ready for prime time=
 yet. We ran into a few snags with missing parts (windscreen bolts and shim=
s, dizzy cap, etc), wrong parts (wiring harness, specifically), and modific=
ations (struts for boot lid and bonnet). The midget is now on its wheels, h=
as the engine and trans installed, the doors are assembled (not on) brake l=
ines and fuel lines are all run and ready. The interior is not. <br></div><=
div>Thanks to Kevin Valentine for reworking the old wiring harness, Bob Kit=
terer for rewiring the dash and spending hours working the &#39;eyebrow&#39=
; for the rear main kit to the right thickness, Jack Orkin for his many ins=
ights and keeping us all moving forward, Dave Woerpel for busting his knuck=
les on the doors and Greg Gowins for doing the heavy lifting. <br></div><di=
v>Jim will need another OSHIT to finish up and get things finalized, but it=
 should be just the fiddly stuff of you know, starting the engine, tuning, =
installing the doors and interior and checking the electricals.</div><div>G=
iven another day absent the tornados, we might have had it going, but its w=
ell down the road now. Who&#39;s up for Mid-July to finish this thing up?</=
div><div>BTW, also thanks to Jim and Caroline for feeding and lubricating a=
ll of us.<br></div><div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" dat=
a-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Mark Haynes<br></div>=
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward<br></div></div></div></div></div>

--000000000000bb27f205898eba42--

--===============3580149224414822948==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3580149224414822948==--