Subject: [Spridgets] Small journal main bearing choice

From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:45:04 -0700

--===============0915386806465246105==

--0000000000006255e405818dc161

I'm ready to start the final parts order for my new 948, and have a
question on bearing choices for it.
1) Since the 948 and 1098 (10CG) are both 1.75" Mains, I should be able to
use the bearings for either one, no?
2)MO$$ lists Bi-metal and Tri-Metal bearings for the 10CG, the Tri-Metal
appear to be more typical fo the period, but which are preferable for
longevity of the engine?
FWIW, I"m having the block tanked, cam bearings installed, turning the
crank .010"/.010", leaving stock compression height with popup pistons and
a 12G209 head by Dave Tabor that matches the pistons and a SPVP3 cam.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--0000000000006255e405818dc161
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I&#39;m ready to start the final parts order for my n=
ew 948, and have a question on bearing choices for it. <br></div><div>1) Si=
nce the 948 and 1098 (10CG) are both 1.75&quot; Mains, I should be able to =
use the bearings for either one, no?</div><div>2)MO$$ lists Bi-metal and Tr=
i-Metal bearings for the 10CG, the Tri-Metal appear to be more typical fo t=
he period, but which are preferable for longevity of the engine?</div><div>=
FWIW, I&quot;m having the block tanked, cam bearings installed, turning the=
 crank .010&quot;/.010&quot;, leaving stock compression height with popup p=
istons and a 12G209 head by Dave Tabor that matches the pistons and a SPVP3=
 cam.</div><div><br></div><div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signatu=
re" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Mark Haynes<br=
></div>It only goes one way- Pay It Forward<br></div></div></div></div></di=
v>

--0000000000006255e405818dc161--

--===============0915386806465246105==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets

--===============0915386806465246105==--