Subject: [Spridgets] I had forgotten!

From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 19:55:23 +0000

--===============0154020542959356026==

--000000000000ba61a9058167570d

Hi List,

I got the 3 into 1 CV manifold back from being coated today and fitted it
to my Sprite.  It was fiddly to fit but eventually all three pipes were in
the collector box ok and I tightened it up with ARP stainless steel bolts
and nuts (not nylock).  I figure if the manifold lasts 5 years before it
needs recoating and a total of ten years after that it will be safe for me
to tell my wife how much it cost.

I had forgotten what?

To connect the throttle cable back to the carb - nope

To fit the fuel line to the carb - nope

To fit the system pipe and silencer to the manifold collector box - nope

How cold it would be in the garage - nope

How loud the Sprite is running the engine without having fitted the system
pipe and silencer - Yep.

Wow, I couldn't believe how loud it was, even on what passes for idling.
It also ran nice and clean with no spitting, popping or backfiring despite
the cold weather.

Of course I did this on purpose since it's really rare I get to hear the
Sprite running on an open pipe. Also I have a new stainless steel clamp on
order for the system pipe to manifold collector that simply hasn't arrived
yet.  I do have an alternative clamp but while made in stainless it has a
conventional bolt and on the clamp I removed the bolt was heavily rusted -
hence a replacement with a stainless bolt (that I plan to replace with an
ARP stainless bolt)

So having given the neighbours something to complain about I wanted to
share it with the list.

Regards

Daniel

--000000000000ba61a9058167570d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List,<div><br></div><div>I got the 3 into 1 CV manifold=
 back from being coated today and fitted it to my Sprite.=C2=A0 It was fidd=
ly to fit but eventually all three pipes were in the collector box ok and I=
 tightened it up with ARP stainless steel bolts and nuts (not nylock).=C2=
=A0 I figure if the manifold lasts 5 years before it needs recoating and a =
total of ten years after that it will be safe for me to tell my wife how mu=
ch it cost.</div><div><br></div><div>I had forgotten what?</div><div><br></=
div><div>To connect the throttle cable back to the carb - nope</div><div><b=
r></div><div>To fit the fuel line to the carb - nope</div><div><br></div><d=
iv>To fit the system pipe and silencer to the manifold collector box - nope=
</div><div><br></div><div>How cold it would be in the garage - nope</div><d=
iv><br></div><div>How loud the Sprite is running the engine without having =
fitted the system pipe and silencer - Yep.</div><div><br></div><div>Wow, I =
couldn&#39;t believe how loud it was, even on what passes for idling.=C2=A0=
 It also ran nice and clean with no spitting, popping or backfiring despite=
 the cold weather.</div><div><br></div><div>Of course I did this on purpose=
 since it&#39;s really rare I get to hear the Sprite running on an open pip=
e. Also I have a new stainless steel clamp on order for the system pipe to =
manifold collector that simply hasn&#39;t arrived yet.=C2=A0 I do have an a=
lternative clamp but while made in stainless it has a conventional bolt and=
 on the clamp I removed the bolt was heavily rusted - hence a replacement w=
ith a stainless bolt (that I plan to replace with an ARP stainless bolt)</d=
iv><div><br></div><div>So having given the neighbours something to complain=
 about I wanted to share it with the list.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards=
</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Daniel</div></div>

--000000000000ba61a9058167570d--

--===============0154020542959356026==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets

--===============0154020542959356026==--