Subject: [Spridgets] BHP, CDa and Speeds for the Sprite Midget (not Frogeye) - chart attached

From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 11:24:51 +0000

--000000000000f8977e057e4fa9d3

--000000000000f8977b057e4fa9d1

Hi List,

In case anyone is getting restless (cabin fever) and it's too cold to work
on their car, I've a chart for you too look at which shows the relationship
between BHP, CDa and Speed.  There isn't a CDa for a standard car but
figure on it being slightly greater or maybe greater, than the largest
value shown.

You might have some questions about the data, well so do I and while I
might be able to answer yours I don't think anyone can answer mine.

I haven't factored in rolling resistance or anything to the data.

For me the interesting thing is the lower the drag the less power required
at sub 100 mph speeds which means when the 'owner' stands on the throttle
the acceleration above 100 mph is quicker for the car the more aerodynamic
it is.  Also comparing back to back the car in a more aerodynamic
configuration  cruises at 85+mph on a much lighter throttle.

Finally, note that for any given speed to be achieved the engine must be
producing the bhp figure indicated AT the rpm required to achieve that
speed.  I know for my own Sprite the top speed increased by several mph
because the new 5 speed gearbox I had build, used a slightly lower 5th gear
ratio than the old gearbox did.

Regards

Daniel

--000000000000f8977b057e4fa9d1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List,<div><br></div><div>In case anyone is getting rest=
less (cabin fever) and it&#39;s too cold to work on their car, I&#39;ve a c=
hart for you too look at which shows the relationship between BHP, CDa and =
Speed.=C2=A0 There isn&#39;t a CDa for a standard car but figure on it bein=
g slightly greater or maybe greater, than the largest value shown.</div><di=
v><br></div><div>You might have some questions about the data, well so do I=
 and while I might be able to answer yours I don&#39;t think anyone can ans=
wer mine.</div><div><br></div><div>I haven&#39;t factored in rolling resist=
ance or anything to the data.</div><div><br></div><div>For me the interesti=
ng thing is the lower the drag the less power required at sub 100 mph speed=
s which means when the &#39;owner&#39; stands on the throttle the accelerat=
ion above 100 mph is quicker for the car the more aerodynamic it is.=C2=A0 =
Also comparing back to back the car in a more aerodynamic configuration=C2=
=A0 cruises at 85+mph on a much lighter throttle.</div><div><br></div><div>=
Finally, note that for any given speed to be achieved the engine must be pr=
oducing the bhp figure indicated AT the rpm required to achieve that speed.=
=C2=A0 I know for my own Sprite the top speed increased by several mph beca=
use the new 5 speed gearbox I had build, used a slightly lower 5th gear rat=
io than the old gearbox did.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div><br=
></div><div><br></div><div>Daniel</div></div>

--000000000000f8977b057e4fa9d1--

--000000000000f8977e057e4fa9d3
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="CDa BHP.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_jqc8dc2p0>

--000000000000f8977e057e4fa9d3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets

--000000000000f8977e057e4fa9d3--