Subject: [Spridgets] differential

From: mdrowe via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 19:26:48 +0000

--===============4597799569564417976==
 boundary="------=_MB98E808AC-0743-49E0-BAC9-D8DE0085B93C"

--------=_MB98E808AC-0743-49E0-BAC9-D8DE0085B93C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The differential I just pulled has a lot of slop in it, but it does not=20
look worn.  To my uneducated eye, it looks like the pinion is not all=20
the way in to the ring gear because the crush washer was not torqued=20
enough.  Does that make sense?  If so, can I just torque it more and see=
=20
what happens?

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite
--------=_MB98E808AC-0743-49E0-BAC9-D8DE0085B93C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE id=3DeMClientCss>
blockquote.cite { margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;=
 padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc }
blockquote.cite2 {margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;=
 padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; margin-top: 3px; paddin=
g-top: 0px; }
.plain pre, .plain tt { font-family: monospace; font-size: 100%; font-weigh=
t: normal; font-style: normal;}
a img { border: 0px; }body {font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12pt;}
.plain pre, .plain tt {font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12pt;}</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>The differential I just pulled has a lot of slop in it, but it does=
 not look worn.&nbsp; To my uneducated eye, it looks like the pinion is =
not all the way&nbsp;in to the ring gear because the crush washer was not=
 torqued enough.&nbsp; Does that make sense?&nbsp; If so, can I just torque=
 it more and see what happens?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Michael Rowe</DIV>
<DIV>The Holy Sprite</DIV></BODY></HTML>
--------=_MB98E808AC-0743-49E0-BAC9-D8DE0085B93C--

--===============4597799569564417976==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4597799569564417976==--