Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The Goldilocks Solution to backflowing master cylinder

From: mdrowe via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 16:03:30 +0000

--===============2859377984269294105==
 boundary="------=_MB5C5BA25D-8952-405C-B686-6C41BEBBABA6"

--------=_MB5C5BA25D-8952-405C-B686-6C41BEBBABA6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I don't remember if I reported the full details of the solution to=20
backflowing in the master cylinder of a BE.  The Goldilocks Solution:
1.  If the master cylinder brake rod is too short, you can see fluid=20
squirting out of the small hole in the reservoir when the pedal is=20
released; pressure dies.  Lengthen the rod until no fluid squirts out.
2.  If the rod is too long, the brakes will seize up - immediately if=20
the rod is a lot to long, slower if it is only a little to long, with=20
the pedal getting shorter with each pump.
3.  Between, the brake pedal gets shorter as the rod gets longer.  Take=20
wrenches and drive around the neighborhood making very small changes=20
until the pedal is as short as you want it without locking the brakes.

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite
--------=_MB5C5BA25D-8952-405C-B686-6C41BEBBABA6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE id=3DeMClientCss>blockquote.cite { margin-left: 5px; margin-right:=
 0px; padding-left: 10px; padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc=
 }
blockquote.cite2 {margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;=
 padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; margin-top: 3px; paddin=
g-top: 0px; }
.plain pre, .plain tt { font-family: monospace; font-size: 100%; font-weigh=
t: normal; font-style: normal;}
a img { border: 0px; }body {font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12pt;}
.plain pre, .plain tt {font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12pt;}
</STYLE>

<STYLE>#xb8a511b620754f8abe07aa387f943cf5 BLOCKQUOTE.cite
{PADDING-LEFT: 10px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADD=
ING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px}
#xb8a511b620754f8abe07aa387f943cf5 BLOCKQUOTE.cite2
{MARGIN-TOP: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;=
 BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px}
#xb8a511b620754f8abe07aa387f943cf5 .plain PRE, #xb8a511b620754f8abe07aa387f=
943cf5 .plain TT
{FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-FAMILY: monospace; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE:=
 normal}
#xb8a511b620754f8abe07aa387f943cf5 A IMG
{BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px}
#xb8a511b620754f8abe07aa387f943cf5 .plain PRE, #xb8a511b620754f8abe07aa387f=
943cf5 .plain TT, #xb8a511b620754f8abe07aa387f943cf5
{FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma}
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY scroll=3Dauto class>
<DIV>I don't remember if I reported the full details of the solution to =
backflowing in the master cylinder of a BE.&nbsp; The Goldilocks Solution:<=
/DIV>
<DIV>1.&nbsp; If the master cylinder brake rod&nbsp;is too short, you can=
 see fluid squirting out of the small hole in the reservoir when the pedal=
 is released; pressure dies.&nbsp; Lengthen the rod until no fluid squirts=
 out.</DIV>
<DIV>2.&nbsp; If the rod&nbsp;is too long, the brakes will seize up -&nbsp;=
immediately if the rod is a lot to long, slower if it is only a little to=
 long, with the pedal getting shorter with each pump.</DIV>
<DIV>3.&nbsp; Between, the brake pedal gets shorter as the rod gets longer.=
&nbsp; Take wrenches and drive around the neighborhood making very small=
 changes until the pedal is as short as&nbsp;you want it&nbsp;without locki=
ng the brakes.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Michael Rowe</DIV>
<DIV>The Holy Sprite</DIV></BODY></HTML>
--------=_MB5C5BA25D-8952-405C-B686-6C41BEBBABA6--

--===============2859377984269294105==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2859377984269294105==--