Subject: [Spridgets] Steering Wheel project finished

From: Bob Spruck via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 13:43:39 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5133059025378984741==
 boundary="------------3623582F0434D99C9EF07EC9"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3623582F0434D99C9EF07EC9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I finally found the correct size hub and wheel at LBC Car Co. Jeff Zorn 
knew what he was talking about and had both in stock. Just for the 
record and to disseminate correct info, the MK1 Sprite has a 5/8" 
steering shaft spline while all else has a 3/4" spline. So, I got a 
Moto-Lita 13" leather wheel with flat, thick grip, 3 chrome, slotted 
spokes, and a Moto-Lita hub. Not the cheapest but good quality.

Mini-Mania sent me a later hub that didn't fit after they assured me 
that it would. Their set-up is Mountney, a little cheaper, and not quite 
as nice as the Moto-Lita. Most other supply shops either didn't know the 
difference or didn't have a hub. Bugeye.com just added the correct hub 
to their growing parts availability.

I'll be trailering the car up to Road Atlanta tomorrow to work Tech, 
write magazine articles, and take photos, using the Bugeye as a paddock 
vehicle at the VDCA race. Still can't race due to cataract surgery last 
March that got infected and just cleared up. I will get the left eye 
done next week with hopefully better results. Then I can pass my medical 
exam and get racing (and seeing) again.

Bob

--------------3623582F0434D99C9EF07EC9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p><font size="+1"><font face="Arial">I finally found the correct
          size hub and wheel at LBC Car Co. Jeff Zorn knew what he was
          talking about and had both in stock. Just for the record and
          to disseminate correct info, the MK1 Sprite has a 5/8"
          steering shaft spline while all else has a 3/4" spline. So, I
          got a Moto-Lita 13" leather wheel with flat, thick grip, 3
          chrome, slotted spokes, and a Moto-Lita hub. Not the cheapest
          but good quality.</font></font></p>
    <p><font size="+1"><font face="Arial">Mini-Mania sent me a later hub
          that didn't fit after they assured me that it would. Their
          set-up is Mountney, a little cheaper, and not quite as nice as
          the Moto-Lita. Most other supply shops either didn't know the
          difference or didn't have a hub. Bugeye.com just added the
          correct hub to their growing parts availability.</font></font></p>
    <p><font size="+1"><font face="Arial">I'll be trailering the car up
          to Road Atlanta tomorrow to work Tech, write magazine articles,
          and take photos, using the Bugeye as a paddock vehicle at the
          VDCA race. Still can't race due to cataract surgery last March
          that got infected and just cleared up. I will get the left eye
          done next week with hopefully better results. Then I can pass
          my medical exam and get racing (and seeing) again.</font></font></p>
    <p><font size="+1"><font face="Arial">Bob</font></font><br>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3623582F0434D99C9EF07EC9--

--===============5133059025378984741==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5133059025378984741==--