Subject: [Spridgets] Master cylinder

From: mdrowe via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 15:10:42 +0000

--===============0243399922876923420==
 boundary="------=_MB3E74FC92-8F63-4CD1-A7D3-BC690BD2E305"

--------=_MB3E74FC92-8F63-4CD1-A7D3-BC690BD2E305
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My BE master cylinder is backflowing into the reservoir when the pedal=20
is released; I can see it.  The pistons are Gerard's; the rubber bits=20
are new.  I am not sure what else is new, as it was rebuilt when not=20
needed by the same mechanic who advanced the cam 18 degrees.

Long ago, there was a problem with the mushroom-shaped plastic bit on=20
the outer end of the spring.  That was replaced by Gerard.  Also, Gerard=
=20
and others have suggested that the rear brake springs can suck up fluid=20
if the pads are loose; with the emergency brake set, that should not=20
happen.

It seems to me that there can be only two causes:  1) The check valve=20
has failed.  2) The push rod is the wrong length exposing the hole into=20
the reservoir when it should not.

Any advice?

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite
--------=_MB3E74FC92-8F63-4CD1-A7D3-BC690BD2E305
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE id=3DeMClientCss>BLOCKQUOTE.cite {
	PADDING-LEFT: 10px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADD=
ING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px
}
BLOCKQUOTE.cite2 {
	MARGIN-TOP: 3px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;=
 BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px
}
.plain PRE {
	FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-FAMILY: monospace; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE:=
 normal
}
.plain TT {
	FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-FAMILY: monospace; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE:=
 normal
}
A IMG {
	BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px
}
#xc8a624702aab488fa2a7594d1c63f964 {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma
}
.plain PRE {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma
}
.plain TT {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma
}
BODY {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma
}
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>My BE master cylinder is backflowing into the reservoir when the pedal=
 is released; I can see it.&nbsp; The pistons are Gerard's; the rubber bits=
 are new.&nbsp; I am not sure what else is new, as it was rebuilt when not=
 needed by the same mechanic who advanced the cam 18 degrees.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN id=3Dxc8a624702aab488fa2a7594d1c63f964>Long ago, there was a =
problem with the mushroom-shaped plastic bit on the outer end of the spring=
.&nbsp; That was replaced by Gerard.&nbsp; Also, Gerard and others have =
suggested that the rear brake springs can suck up fluid if the pads are =
loose; with the emergency brake set, that should not happen.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It seems to me that there can be only two causes:&nbsp; 1) The check=
 valve has failed.&nbsp; 2) The push rod is the wrong length exposing the=
 hole into the reservoir when it should not.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any advice?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Michael Rowe</DIV>
<DIV>The Holy Sprite</DIV></BODY></HTML>
--------=_MB3E74FC92-8F63-4CD1-A7D3-BC690BD2E305--

--===============0243399922876923420==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0243399922876923420==--