Subject: [Spridgets] chassis paint

From: Mike Rambour via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:25:11 -0700

Sorry for the repeat, I didnt see this message on the list.

    What is the preferred paint these days for chassis paint, well ok 
there isn't a real frame so underbody paint.

   I spent $180 at Eastwood getting their epoxy primer and chassis black 
ceramic paint and no way that is near enough paint to do the underbody. 
I am happy with the way what I did looks, shot around the wheel wells 
and other areas that might be seen but the part that no one sees but the 
road I have to find something less expensive and maybe even thicker for 
better protection.  I had thought of POR15 but that seems overkill also, 
I need good rust protection now that the rust is gone, something chip 
resistant would be great.  I am thinking some kind of rubbery paint 
would be better.  My last car had a actual frame and wooden floor boards 
so I used chassis black and varnish on it, this one of course does not 
have a full frame and not sure what to use.

   Not a show car, but has to look like one :)  Son-in-law actually is 
hoping to daily drive this thing and wants it to look good, but will 
never be shown.  Body will be painted in what I hope to be a good 7ft. 
paint job, I generally can do a good 10ft. paint job but i am hoping to 
do better this time around and get it down to 7ft. or so.

   Mike

-- 
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: mdrowe via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 16:00:40 +0000

The local Ferrari Club spent a long time hovering over my new engine 
that would not start.  They suggested that my spot-rusted chassis is 
beyond paint and should be sealed with Waxoyl, instead.  It would 
undoubtedly get really sticky-dirty, but might, in fact, retard rusting. 
  Any thoughts?

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mike Rambour via Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
To: "Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
Sent: 7/27/2016 2:25:11 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] chassis paint

>and other areas that might be seen but the part that no one sees but 
>the road I have to find something less expensive and maybe even thicker 
>for better protection.  I had thought of POR15 but that seems overkill 
>also, I need good rust protection now that the rust is gone, something 
>chip resistant would be great.  I am thinking some kind of rubbery 
>paint would be better.  My last car had a actual frame and wooden floor 
>boards so I used chassis black and varnish on it, this one of course 
>does not have a full frame and not sure what to use.
>
>-- A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

------------------------

[email-masked]