Subject: [Spridgets] RVI vs RVC tachometer

From: mdrowe via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 13:51:51 +0000

--===============7618050453086348801==
 boundary="------=_MBFB6E4D51-B90B-4A3A-A6AD-4EB619CB9EEB"

--------=_MBFB6E4D51-B90B-4A3A-A6AD-4EB619CB9EEB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The 123 distributor site specifically says that Smiths RVI tachometers=20
will not work with electronic ignitions.  Other sites say they may or=20
may not, for unspecified reasons.  My tachometer works (and may be RVC=20
???), but it seems to read very high.

It is true that the engine revs up really fast, and I now have a 5-speed=
=20
with different gear ratios than I am used to, so it could be my=20
imagination.  Baring purchase of an RVC tach, how can I determine=20
whether or not my old one is reading properly?

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite
--------=_MBFB6E4D51-B90B-4A3A-A6AD-4EB619CB9EEB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE id=3DeMClientCss>
blockquote.cite { margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;=
 padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc }
blockquote.cite2 {margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px; padding-left: 10px;=
 padding-right:0px; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; margin-top: 3px; paddin=
g-top: 0px; }
.plain pre, .plain tt { font-family: monospace; font-size: 100%; font-weigh=
t: normal; font-style: normal;}
a img { border: 0px; }body {font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12pt;}
.plain pre, .plain tt {font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 12pt;}</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>The 123 distributor site specifically says that Smiths RVI tachometers=
&nbsp;will not work with electronic ignitions.&nbsp; Other sites say they=
 may or may not, for unspecified reasons.&nbsp; My tachometer works (and=
 may be RVC ???),&nbsp;but it seems to read very high.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It is true that the engine revs up really fast, and I now have a 5-spe=
ed with different gear ratios than I am used to, so it could be my imaginat=
ion.&nbsp; Baring purchase of an RVC tach, how can I determine whether or=
 not my old one is reading properly?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Michael Rowe</DIV>
<DIV>The Holy Sprite</DIV></BODY></HTML>
--------=_MBFB6E4D51-B90B-4A3A-A6AD-4EB619CB9EEB--

--===============7618050453086348801==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7618050453086348801==--