Subject: [Spridgets] Fuses, it's a Lucas thing.

From: Billy Zoom via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 17:48:07 -0700

--===============5732064369661981375==

--Apple-Mail=_AD0ED701-95A9-4512-8E48-BFC6794B7FF3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

=46rom wikipedia, of all places:
Lucas <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Industries> type fuses are =
used in old British-made or assembled automobiles. The physical length =
of this ceramic type of fuse is either 1 inch or 1.25 inch, with conical =
ends. Glass tube fuses have straight ends. Lucas type fuses usually use =
the same color-coding for the rated current. Lucas fuses have three =
ratings; the continuous current they are designed to carry, the =
instantaneous current at which they will fuse, and the continuous =
current at which they will also fuse. The figure found on Lucas fuses is =
the continuous fusing current which is twice the continuous ampere =
rating that the system should be using; this can be a source of =
confusion when replacing Lucas fuses with non Lucas fuses. The Lucas =
1/4" diameter glass tube fuse have a different length as compared to the =
standard US item. The Lucas 1/4" diameter glass tube fuse is 1 and 5/32" =
[~29.4 mm] long, while the US standard 1/4" glass tube fuse is 1 and =
1/4" [~32.0 mm] long.=

--Apple-Mail=_AD0ED701-95A9-4512-8E48-BFC6794B7FF3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">=46rom wikipedia, of all places:<div class=3D""><a =
href=3D"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Industries" title=3D"Lucas =
Industries" style=3D"text-decoration: none; color: rgb(11, 0, 128); =
background-image: none; font-family: sans-serif;" =
class=3D"">Lucas</a><span style=3D"color: rgb(37, 37, 37); font-family: =
sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D"">&nbsp;type =
fuses are used in old British-made or assembled automobiles. The =
physical length of this ceramic type of fuse is either 1 inch or 1.25 =
inch, with conical ends. Glass tube fuses have straight ends. Lucas type =
fuses usually use the same color-coding for the rated current. Lucas =
fuses have three ratings; the continuous current they are designed to =
carry, the instantaneous current at which they will fuse, and the =
continuous current at which they will also fuse. The figure found on =
Lucas fuses is the continuous fusing current which is twice the =
continuous ampere rating that the system should be using; this can be a =
source of confusion when replacing Lucas fuses with non Lucas fuses. The =
Lucas 1/4" diameter glass tube fuse have a different length as compared =
to the standard US item. The Lucas 1/4" diameter glass tube fuse is 1 =
and 5/32" [~29.4 mm] long, while the US standard 1/4" glass tube fuse is =
1 and 1/4" [~32.0 mm] long.</span></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_AD0ED701-95A9-4512-8E48-BFC6794B7FF3--

--===============5732064369661981375==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5732064369661981375==--