Subject: [Spridgets] Smith's Heater Blowers

From: w swift via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 09:44:25 -0400

--===============2190053950884565649==

--001a1147e8c66cb70c0532913da5

I'm involved in restoring a couple of Smith's Heater Fans.  I've got two
 of them to work with.  Both have identical housings/scrolls, both have
similar motors and fan impellers but are somewhat different.  I'd like to
understand more about the differences. From the outside - they both look
like AH Mark I (Bugeye)  heater fans (Item 1 here:)

http://www.spridgetguru.com/AKD3567/BP.html

But on the one removed from a Bugeye, the fan (item 3) is 2" wide and the
motor (item 2) is fully enclosed.  The second fan is also a Smiths
assembly, with a 3" wide fan, and the motor housing is vented - presumably
because the flow is about 50% higher (3" vs. 2" impeller width), so the
current draw would be higher.

The latter statement is guesswork.  I've been trying to find a list of
Smith's blowers that includes these model differences, to verify my
speculation.  At first glance the motor shafts, windings, etc. appear to be
identical.

Does anybody know of a source for Smith's blowers specification sheets?
Model i.d.'s, rated flow rates, etc.

Any help appreciated.

Walt

-- 
w swift

--001a1147e8c66cb70c0532913da5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:14px">I&#39;m involved in restori=
ng a couple of Smith&#39;s Heater Fans.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve got two =C2=A0of the=
m to work with.=C2=A0 Both have identical housings/scrolls, both have simil=
ar motors and fan impellers but are somewhat different.=C2=A0 I&#39;d like =
to understand more about the differences. From the outside - they both look=
 like AH Mark I (Bugeye) =C2=A0heater fans (Item 1 here:)=C2=A0</span><div =
style=3D"font-size:14px"><br><div><a href=3D"http://www.spridgetguru.com/AK=
D3567/BP.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.spridgetguru.com/AKD3567/BP.htm=
l</a><div><br></div><div>But on the one removed from a Bugeye, the fan (ite=
m 3) is 2&quot; wide and the motor (item 2) is fully enclosed.=C2=A0 The se=
cond fan is also a Smiths assembly, with a 3&quot; wide fan, and the motor =
housing is vented - presumably because the flow is about 50% higher (3&quot=
; vs. 2&quot; impeller width), so the current draw would be higher.</div><d=
iv><br></div><div>The latter statement is guesswork.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve been tr=
ying to find a list of Smith&#39;s blowers that includes these model differ=
ences, to verify my speculation.=C2=A0 At first glance the motor shafts, wi=
ndings, etc. appear to be identical.</div><div><br></div><div>Does anybody =
know of a source for Smith&#39;s blowers specification sheets?=C2=A0 Model =
i.d.&#39;s, rated flow rates, etc.</div><div><br></div><div>Any help apprec=
iated.</div><div><br></div><div>Walt<br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div></div>=
</div></div><div><br></div>-- <br><div class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=
=3D"ltr">w swift</div></div>
</div>

--001a1147e8c66cb70c0532913da5--

--===============2190053950884565649==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2190053950884565649==--

---

From: [email-masked] via Spridgets <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 02:43:04 GMT

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2560347530643438181==
	boundary="--InfrawareEmailBoundaryDepth1_21072274--"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

----InfrawareEmailBoundaryDepth1_21072274--
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----InfrawareEmailBoundaryDepth1_21072274--
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----InfrawareEmailBoundaryDepth1_21072274----

--===============2560347530643438181==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============2560347530643438181==--

---

From: "rrengineer.mike via Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 20:10:09 -0700

--===============8668002949322278911==

----_com.android.email_3123925119859630
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_3123925119859630
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.android.email_3123925119859630--

--===============8668002949322278911==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============8668002949322278911==--