Subject: [Spridgets] Wire Wheel Warning

From: Bob Spruck via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:34:12 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0658858985328278970==
 boundary="------------010604090202030904070102"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010604090202030904070102
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Beware getting wire wheel work done by a local tire shop. I did that 
with my w/w '72 and they really screwed them up. Most places don't have 
the equipment or the experience to properly mount or balance w/w's. Mine 
ended up with a terrible imbalance because the shop couldn't support the 
hub and keep the rim concentric with it. Therefore the hub and the rim 
were on different center lines. VERY noticeable on the road. And not 
repairable unless you can find someone who knows how to tune and tighten 
w/w's. Those guys are getting hard to find, at least in the Atlanta area.

Also be wary of a service like K&T Automotive in Allentown, PA 
advertises. They call it tire truing. All they do is shave the tire to 
make it balance. So your wheel could be grossly out of whack and they 
shave the tire to make it balance. Not good.

Many people recommend you have your w/w work done at a motorcycle shop. 
I have not tried that but it makes sense if you can find one and verify 
that they can and will do what you want.

I had to convert my w/w '72 Midget to disc wheels (actually, I used the 
Minilite replicas that I had as rain tires on my '67 Midget vintage race 
car). That's a fairly straight forward job but did take lots of time.

The Sebring Sprite replica I bough last year has the bolt-on w/w 
conversion as well as brand new tires, so I hope I don't need any w/w 
work for a while.

If you tell us where you are located, some of us might be able to invite 
you to a vintage race to see what goes on. I've been hooked and racing 
my '67 for 25 years.

Bob Spruck
Sharpsburg, GA

On 4/11/2016 9:43 PM, Diane Elliman via Spridgets wrote:
>
> Well, I thought I would try and start my Midget tonight. It has been 
> in winter hibernation for at least 6 months in my garage. I am soooo  
> excited and happy to say she started just fine. I really had no real 
> trouble starting her. The battery was strong. I took your advice last 
> Fall and put some of that Stabil stuff in the gas tank. I guess it 
> really worked good!!! Thank you all for such good advice! So now I 
> plan on taking her on Friday to get the new tires and tubes put on. 
> They have been in my garage all winter too! No school Friday, so I 
> have time to get it done, in-between grading papers. It is supposed to 
> be close to 70 degrees this weekend too, so I can take her out for a 
> ride. Maybe even venture all the way to the swap meet in her. (45 min. 
> drive!) LOL. I just got my Midget last October, and have not really 
> taken her anywhere, just around here a little. I am so looking forward 
> to getting some things done to her and repainted. I also want to come 
> and see some of you race those little Spridgets!
>
> Life is good!
>
> diane
>
>
>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

--------------010604090202030904070102
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font size="+1"><font face="Arial">Beware getting wire wheel work
        done by a local tire shop. I did that with my w/w '72 and they
        really screwed them up. Most places don't have the equipment or
        the experience to properly mount or balance w/w's. Mine ended up
        with a terrible imbalance because the shop couldn't support the
        hub and keep the rim concentric with it. Therefore the hub and
        the rim were on different center lines. VERY noticeable on the
        road. And not repairable unless you can find someone who knows
        how to tune and tighten w/w's. Those guys are getting hard to
        find, at least in the Atlanta area. <br>
        <br>
        Also be wary of a service like K&amp;T Automotive in Allentown,
        PA advertises. They call it tire truing. All they do is shave
        the tire to make it balance. So your wheel could be grossly out
        of whack and they shave the tire to make it balance. Not good.<br>
        <br>
        Many people recommend you have your w/w work done at a
        motorcycle shop. I have not tried that but it makes sense if you
        can find one and verify that they can and will do what you want.<br>
        <br>
        I had to convert my w/w '72 Midget to disc wheels (actually, I
        used the Minilite replicas that I had as rain tires on my '67
        Midget vintage race car). That's a fairly straight forward job
        but did take lots of time.<br>
        <br>
        The Sebring Sprite replica I bough last year has the bolt-on w/w
        conversion as well as brand new tires, so I hope I don't need
        any w/w work for a while.<br>
        <br>
        If you tell us where you are located, some of us might be able
        to invite you to a vintage race to see what goes on. I've been
        hooked and racing my '67 for 25 years.<br>
        <br>
        Bob Spruck<br>
        Sharpsburg, GA<br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/11/2016 9:43 PM, Diane Elliman via
      Spridgets wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">Well, I thought I would try and start my
          Midget tonight. It has been in winter hibernation for at least
          6 months in my garage. I am soooo  excited and happy to say
          she started just fine. I really had no real trouble starting
          her. The battery was strong. I took your advice last Fall and
          put some of that Stabil stuff in the gas tank. I guess it
          really worked good!!! Thank you all for such good advice! So
          now I plan on taking her on Friday to get the new tires and
          tubes put on. They have been in my garage all winter too! No
          school Friday, so I have time to get it done, in-between
          grading papers. It is supposed to be close to 70 degrees this
          weekend too, so I can take her out for a ride. Maybe even
          venture all the way to the swap meet in her. (45 min. drive!)
          LOL. I just got my Midget last October, and have not really
          taken her anywhere, just around here a little. I am so looking
          forward to getting some things done to her and repainted. I
          also want to come and see some of you race those little
          Spridgets!<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Life is good!<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">diane<o:p></o:p></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">------------------------

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010604090202030904070102--

--===============0658858985328278970==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0658858985328278970==--

---

From: Cebridge via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:37:26 -0500

--===============4368110722915449819==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-097C6E1E-F633-4CEF-A1F4-A47F22CA4255
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-097C6E1E-F633-4CEF-A1F4-A47F22CA4255
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hendrick wire wheel in GA
> On Apr 12, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets <[email-masked]=
m.net> wrote:
>=20
> Beware getting wire wheel work done by a local tire shop. I did that with m=
y w/w '72 and they really screwed them up. Most places don't have the equipm=
ent or the experience to properly mount or balance w/w's. Mine ended up with=
 a terrible imbalance because the shop couldn't support the hub and keep the=
 rim concentric with it. Therefore the hub and the rim were on different cen=
ter lines. VERY noticeable on the road. And not repairable unless you can fi=
nd someone who knows how to tune and tighten w/w's. Those guys are getting h=
ard to find, at least in the Atlanta area.=20
>=20
> Also be wary of a service like K&T Automotive in Allentown, PA advertises.=
 They call it tire truing. All they do is shave the tire to make it balance.=
 So your wheel could be grossly out of whack and they shave the tire to make=
 it balance. Not good.
>=20
> Many people recommend you have your w/w work done at a motorcycle shop. I h=
ave not tried that but it makes sense if you can find one and verify that th=
ey can and will do what you want.
>=20
> I had to convert my w/w '72 Midget to disc wheels (actually, I used the Mi=
nilite replicas that I had as rain tires on my '67 Midget vintage race car).=
 That's a fairly straight forward job but did take lots of time.
>=20
> The Sebring Sprite replica I bough last year has the bolt-on w/w conversio=
n as well as brand new tires, so I hope I don't need any w/w work for a whil=
e.
>=20
> If you tell us where you are located, some of us might be able to invite y=
ou to a vintage race to see what goes on. I've been hooked and racing my '67=
 for 25 years.
>=20
>=20
>> Well, I thought I would try and start my Midget tonight. It has been in w=
inter hibernation for at least           6 months in my garage. I am soooo  e=
xcited and happy to say she started just fine. I really had no real trouble s=
tarting her. The battery was strong. I took your advice last Fall and put so=
me of that Stabil stuff in the gas tank. I guess it really worked good!!! Th=
ank you all for such good advice! So now I plan on taking her on Friday to g=
et the new tires and tubes put on. They have been in my garage all winter to=
o! No school Friday, so I have time to get it done, in-between grading paper=
s. It is supposed to be close to 70 degrees this weekend too, so I can take h=
er out for a ride. Maybe even venture all the way to the swap meet in her. (=
45 min. drive!) LOL. I just got my Midget last October, and have not really t=
aken her anywhere, just around here a little. I am so looking forward to get=
ting some things done to her and repainted. I also want to come and see some=
 of you race those little Spridgets!
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/raspr=
[email-masked]
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/60buge=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-097C6E1E-F633-4CEF-A1F4-A47F22CA4255
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div></div><div><br></div><div>Hendrick wire wheel in GA<br>On Apr 12, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>
  
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv="Content-Type">

    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
          6 months in my garage. I am soooo&nbsp; excited and happy to say

</div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span>------------------------</span><br><span></span><br><span><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Suggested annual donation: $12.75</span><br><span></span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-097C6E1E-F633-4CEF-A1F4-A47F22CA4255--

--===============4368110722915449819==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============4368110722915449819==--

---

From: Lester Ewing via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 09:37:24 -0500

--===============8196897205534131470==

--Apple-Mail=_E8279615-EEE0-42E0-9210-771AFE0B5E87
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

Atlanta has one of the best guys for wire wheel truing, mounting, and =
balancing.  He is a Jag guy and cut up a jag spindle so there is =
something specific to mount to .  Now I just need to remember his name=85

Lester

I think that this is it, Dick Maury at http://www.coventrywest.com

On Apr 12, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets =
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Beware getting wire wheel work done by a local tire shop. I did that =
with my w/w '72 and they really screwed them up. Most places don't have =
the equipment or the experience to properly mount or balance w/w's. Mine =
ended up with a terrible imbalance because the shop couldn't support the =
hub and keep the rim concentric with it. Therefore the hub and the rim =
were on different center lines. VERY noticeable on the road. And not =
repairable unless you can find someone who knows how to tune and tighten =
w/w's. Those guys are getting hard to find, at least in the Atlanta =
area.=20
>=20
> Also be wary of a service like K&T Automotive in Allentown, PA =
advertises. They call it tire truing. All they do is shave the tire to =
make it balance. So your wheel could be grossly out of whack and they =
shave the tire to make it balance. Not good.
>=20
> Many people recommend you have your w/w work done at a motorcycle =
shop. I have not tried that but it makes sense if you can find one and =
verify that they can and will do what you want.
>=20
> I had to convert my w/w '72 Midget to disc wheels (actually, I used =
the Minilite replicas that I had as rain tires on my '67 Midget vintage =
race car). That's a fairly straight forward job but did take lots of =
time.
>=20
> The Sebring Sprite replica I bough last year has the bolt-on w/w =
conversion as well as brand new tires, so I hope I don't need any w/w =
work for a while.
>=20
> If you tell us where you are located, some of us might be able to =
invite you to a vintage race to see what goes on. I've been hooked and =
racing my '67 for 25 years.
>> Well, I thought I would try and start my Midget tonight. It has been =
in winter hibernation for at least 6 months in my garage. I am soooo  =
excited and happy to say she started just fine. I really had no real =
trouble starting her. The battery was strong. I took your advice last =
Fall and put some of that Stabil stuff in the gas tank. I guess it =
really worked good!!! Thank you all for such good advice! So now I plan =
on taking her on Friday to get the new tires and tubes put on. They have =
been in my garage all winter too! No school Friday, so I have time to =
get it done, in-between grading papers. It is supposed to be close to 70 =
degrees this weekend too, so I can take her out for a ride. Maybe even =
venture all the way to the swap meet in her. (45 min. drive!) LOL. I =
just got my Midget last October, and have not really taken her anywhere, =
just around here a little. I am so looking forward to getting some =
things done to her and repainted. I also want to come and see some of =
you race those little Spridgets!
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_E8279615-EEE0-42E0-9210-771AFE0B5E87
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;">Atlanta has one of the best guys for wire wheel =
truing, mounting, and balancing. &nbsp;He is a Jag guy and cut up a jag =
spindle so there is something specific to mount to . &nbsp;Now I just =
need to remember his =
name=85<div><br></div><div>Lester</div><div><br></div><div>I think that =
this is it, Dick Maury at&nbsp;<a =
href=3D"http://www.coventrywest.com">http://www.coventrywest.com</a></div>=
<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div><div>On Apr 12, 2016, at 1:34 =
PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF" text=3D"#000000" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><font size=3D"+1"><font =
face=3D"Arial">Beware getting wire wheel work done by a local tire shop. =
I did that with my w/w '72 and they really screwed them up. Most places =
don't have the equipment or the experience to properly mount or balance =
w/w's. Mine ended up with a terrible imbalance because the shop couldn't =
support the hub and keep the rim concentric with it. Therefore the hub =
and the rim were on different center lines. VERY noticeable on the road. =
And not repairable unless you can find someone who knows how to tune and =
tighten w/w's. Those guys are getting hard to find, at least in the =
Atlanta area.<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br><br>Also be wary of a =
service like K&amp;T Automotive in Allentown, PA advertises. They call =
it tire truing. All they do is shave the tire to make it balance. So =
your wheel could be grossly out of whack and they shave the tire to make =
it balance. Not good.<br><br>Many people recommend you have your w/w =
work done at a motorcycle shop. I have not tried that but it makes sense =
if you can find one and verify that they can and will do what you =
want.<br><br>I had to convert my w/w '72 Midget to disc wheels =
(actually, I used the Minilite replicas that I had as rain tires on my =
'67 Midget vintage race car). That's a fairly straight forward job but =
did take lots of time.<br><br>The Sebring Sprite replica I bough last =
year has the bolt-on w/w conversion as well as brand new tires, so I =
hope I don't need any w/w work for a while.<br><br>If you tell us where =
you are located, some of us might be able to invite you to a vintage =
race to see what goes on. I've been hooked and racing my '67 for 25 =
years.<br><br>Bob Spruck<br>Sharpsburg, GA<br></font></font><br><div =
class=3D"moz-cite-prefix">On 4/11/2016 9:43 PM, Diane Elliman via =
Spridgets wrote:<br></div><blockquote =
cite=3D"mid:[email-masked]" =
type=3D"cite"><div class=3D"WordSection1" style=3D"page: =
WordSection1;"><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">Well, I thought I would try and start =
my Midget tonight. It has been in winter hibernation for at least 6 =
months in my garage. I am soooo&nbsp; excited and happy to say she =
started just fine. I really had no real trouble starting her. The =
battery was strong. I took your advice last Fall and put some of that =
Stabil stuff in the gas tank. I guess it really worked good!!! Thank you =
all for such good advice! So now I plan on taking her on Friday to get =
the new tires and tubes put on. They have been in my garage all winter =
too! No school Friday, so I have time to get it done, in-between grading =
papers. It is supposed to be close to 70 degrees this weekend too, so I =
can take her out for a ride. Maybe even venture all the way to the swap =
meet in her. (45 min. drive!) LOL. I just got my Midget last October, =
and have not really taken her anywhere, just around here a little. I am =
so looking forward to getting some things done to her and repainted. I =
also want to come and see some of you race those little =
Spridgets!<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">Life is =
good!<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif;">diane<o:p></o:p></div></div><br><fieldset =
class=3D"mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset><br><pre =
wrap=3D"">------------------------

<a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;">[email-masked]</a>

href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>

Archive: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]=
" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline;">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/raspruck@gmail=
.com</a>
</pre></blockquote><br>------------------------<br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: =
underline;">[email-masked]</a><br><br>Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: =
underline;">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual =
donation: $12.75<br><br>Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: =
underline;">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: =
underline;">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/oldsaabguy@comcast=
.net" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline;">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/oldsaabguy@com=
cast.net</a><br></div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_E8279615-EEE0-42E0-9210-771AFE0B5E87--

--===============8196897205534131470==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============8196897205534131470==--

---

From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:17:49 -0400

--===============7206415005700721692==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-20A22885-5820-48FD-A4D7-90BBBDC40305
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-20A22885-5820-48FD-A4D7-90BBBDC40305
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I've heard good things about Hendrick before, but it's kinda far for somebod=
y that lives in the Chicago area.  :-)=20

Sent from my keyboard

> On Apr 12, 2016, at 9:37 PM, Cebridge via Spridgets <[email-masked].=
> Hendrick wire wheel in GA

--Apple-Mail-20A22885-5820-48FD-A4D7-90BBBDC40305
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>I've heard good things about Hendrick before, but it's kinda far for somebody that lives in the Chicago area. &nbsp;:-)&nbsp;<br><br>Sent from my keyboard</div><div><br>On Apr 12, 2016, at 9:37 PM, Cebridge via Spridgets &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><div></div><div><br></div><div>Hendrick wire wheel in GA</div></div></blockquote><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-20A22885-5820-48FD-A4D7-90BBBDC40305--

--===============7206415005700721692==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============7206415005700721692==--

---

From: Lester Ewing via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:11:44 -0500

--===============9112995177784030590==

--Apple-Mail=_A9F77AA3-4273-4169-BB0D-996C0381FB5C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

Here is what Dick said:

HI Lester, thanks for the good words. The Austin Healy hub is a good bit =
smaller than the Jaguar but same principal involved.  I would have to =
get a hub to cut down and adapt to do AH wire wheels. I also do not do =
truing on the wire wheels.  I have extra spokes for the Jaguar wheels if =
some are broken though.   I have the proper equipment to mount tires =
with tubes.  Some of the old machines send a spike through the spokes to =
turn the wheel.  This usually bends at least one spoke.  Thanks, Dick =
Maury
=20

> Lester

--Apple-Mail=_A9F77AA3-4273-4169-BB0D-996C0381FB5C
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">Here =
is what Dick said:<div><br></div><div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: =
rgb(31, 73, 125);">HI Lester, thanks for the good words. The Austin =
Healy hub is a good bit smaller than the Jaguar but same principal =
involved. &nbsp;I would have to get a hub to cut down and adapt to do AH =
wire wheels. I also do not do truing on the wire wheels.&nbsp; I have =
extra spokes for the Jaguar wheels if some are broken though.&nbsp; =
&nbsp;I have the proper equipment to mount tires with tubes.&nbsp; Some =
of the old machines send a spike through the spokes to turn the =
wheel.&nbsp; This usually bends at least one spoke.&nbsp; Thanks, Dick =
Maury<o:p></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: =
rgb(31, 73, 125);">&nbsp;</span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: =
rgb(31, 73, 125);"><br></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;"><span =
style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: =
rgb(31, 73, 125);"><br></span></div><div><div>On Apr 13, 2016, at 9:37 =
AM, Lester Ewing via Spridgets &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;">Atlanta has one of the best guys for wire wheel =
truing, mounting, and balancing. &nbsp;He is a Jag guy and cut up a jag =
spindle so there is something specific to mount to . &nbsp;Now I just =
need to remember his =
name=85<div><br></div><div>Lester</div><div><br></div></div></blockquote><=
/div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_A9F77AA3-4273-4169-BB0D-996C0381FB5C--

--===============9112995177784030590==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============9112995177784030590==--

---

From: Bob Spruck via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 20:11:05 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0988512666115141036==
 boundary="------------010805000102020308090802"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010805000102020308090802
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

My concern was basically safety and cost. Every one of my 8 parts cars 
with wire wheels has at least one wheel with at least one broken spoke. 
No telling how many others are damaged, loose, bent, or otherwise a 
safety hazard. Most of those wheels have taken 40 or 50 years of abuse 
by DPOs.

However, I definitely will keep the brand new tires and wire wheels on 
my Bugeye in good shape and check them often. Yes, like many of us, they 
just look so darn right on our style car.

Bob

On 4/24/2016 7:18 PM, Linda Grunthaner wrote:
> Good to know, even for those of us with old motorcycles : )
> I like how wire wheels look of LBC's but after 30 years of it I was OK 
> to switch LBC's with stock or other wheels basically because I'm lazy LOL.
> Lin
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Lester Ewing via Spridgets 
>
>     Atlanta has one of the best guys for wire wheel truing, mounting,
>     and balancing. He is a Jag guy and cut up a jag spindle so there
>     is something specific to mount to .  Now I just need to remember
>     his name…
>
>     Lester
>
>     On Apr 12, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets
>
>>     Beware getting wire wheel work done by a local tire shop. I did
>>     that with my w/w '72 and they really screwed them up. Most places
>>     don't have the equipment or the experience to properly mount or
>>     balance w/w's. Mine ended up with a terrible imbalance because
>>     the shop couldn't support the hub and keep the rim concentric
>>     with it. Therefore the hub and the rim were on different center
>>     lines. VERY noticeable on the road. And not repairable unless you
>>     can find someone who knows how to tune and tighten w/w's. Those
>>     guys are getting hard to find, at least in the Atlanta area.
>>
>>     advertises. They call it tire truing. All they do is shave the
>>     tire to make it balance. So your wheel could be grossly out of
>>     whack and they shave the tire to make it balance. Not good.
>>
>>     Many people recommend you have your w/w work done at a motorcycle
>>     shop. I have not tried that but it makes sense if you can find
>>     one and verify that they can and will do what you want.
>>
>>     but did take lots of time.
>>
>>     conversion as well as brand new tires, so I hope I don't need any
>>     w/w work for a while.
>>
>>     If you tell us where you are located, some of us might be able to
>>     invite you to a vintage race to see what goes on. I've been
>>     hooked and racing my '67 for 25 years.
>>
>>     Bob Spruck
>>     Sharpsburg, GA
>>
>>>     Well, I thought I would try and start my Midget tonight. It has
>>>     been in winter hibernation for at least 6 months in my garage. I
>>>     am soooo  excited and happy to say she started just fine. I
>>>     really had no real trouble starting her. The battery was strong.
>>>     I took your advice last Fall and put some of that Stabil stuff
>>>     in the gas tank. I guess it really worked good!!! Thank you all
>>>     for such good advice! So now I plan on taking her on Friday to
>>>     get the new tires and tubes put on. They have been in my garage
>>>     all winter too! No school Friday, so I have time to get it done,
>>>     in-between grading papers. It is supposed to be close to 70
>>>     degrees this weekend too, so I can take her out for a ride.
>>>     Maybe even venture all the way to the swap meet in her. (45 min.
>>>     drive!) LOL. I just got my Midget last October, and have not
>>>     really taken her anywhere, just around here a little. I am so
>>>     looking forward to getting some things done to her and
>>>     repainted. I also want to come and see some of you race those
>>>     little Spridgets!
>>>     Life is good!
>>>     diane
>>>
>>>
>>>     ------------------------
>>>
>>>
>>>     Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>>     Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
>>>     Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
>>>     Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>>
>>     ------------------------
>>
>>
>>     Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>     Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
>>     Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
>>     Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>
>
>     ------------------------
>
>
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--------------010805000102020308090802
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font size="+1"><font face="Arial">My concern was basically safety
        and cost. Every one of my 8 parts cars with wire wheels has at
        least one wheel with at least one broken spoke. No telling how
        many others are damaged, loose, bent, or otherwise a safety
        hazard. Most of those wheels have taken 40 or 50 years of abuse
        by DPOs.<br>
        <br>
        However, I definitely will keep the brand new tires and wire
        wheels on my Bugeye in good shape and check them often. Yes,
        like many of us, they just look so darn right on our style car.<br>
        <br>
        Bob<br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/24/2016 7:18 PM, Linda Grunthaner
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div dir="ltr">Good to know, even for those of us with old
        motorcycles : )
        <div>I like how wire wheels look of LBC's but after 30 years of
          it I was OK to switch LBC's with stock or other wheels
          basically because I'm lazy LOL.<br>
          <div>Lin</div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div class="gmail_extra"><br>
        <div class="gmail_quote">On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:37 AM,
          Lester Ewing via Spridgets <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
              moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
          <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
            <div style="word-wrap:break-word">Atlanta has one of the
              best guys for wire wheel truing, mounting, and balancing. 
              He is a Jag guy and cut up a jag spindle so there is
              something specific to mount to .  Now I just need to
              remember his name…
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div>Lester</div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div>I think that this is it, Dick Maury at <a
                  moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.coventrywest.com" target="_blank"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.coventrywest.com">http://www.coventrywest.com</a></a></div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div>
                <div>
                  <div>
                    <div class="h5">
                      <div>On Apr 12, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Bob Spruck via
                        Spridgets &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                          href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                          target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                        wrote:</div>
                      <br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  <blockquote type="cite">
                    <div bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000"
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;line-height:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px">
                      <div>
                        <div class="h5"><font size="+1"><font
                              face="Arial">Beware getting wire wheel
                              work done by a local tire shop. I did that
                              with my w/w '72 and they really screwed
                              them up. Most places don't have the
                              equipment or the experience to properly
                              mount or balance w/w's. Mine ended up with
                              a terrible imbalance because the shop
                              couldn't support the hub and keep the rim
                              concentric with it. Therefore the hub and
                              the rim were on different center lines.
                              VERY noticeable on the road. And not
                              repairable unless you can find someone who
                              knows how to tune and tighten w/w's. Those
                              guys are getting hard to find, at least in
                              the Atlanta area.<span> </span><br>
                              <br>
                              Also be wary of a service like K&amp;T
                              Automotive in Allentown, PA advertises.
                              They call it tire truing. All they do is
                              shave the tire to make it balance. So your
                              wheel could be grossly out of whack and
                              they shave the tire to make it balance.
                              Not good.<br>
                              <br>
                              Many people recommend you have your w/w
                              work done at a motorcycle shop. I have not
                              tried that but it makes sense if you can
                              find one and verify that they can and will
                              do what you want.<br>
                              <br>
                              I had to convert my w/w '72 Midget to disc
                              wheels (actually, I used the Minilite
                              replicas that I had as rain tires on my
                              '67 Midget vintage race car). That's a
                              fairly straight forward job but did take
                              lots of time.<br>
                              <br>
                              The Sebring Sprite replica I bough last
                              year has the bolt-on w/w conversion as
                              well as brand new tires, so I hope I don't
                              need any w/w work for a while.<br>
                              <br>
                              If you tell us where you are located, some
                              of us might be able to invite you to a
                              vintage race to see what goes on. I've
                              been hooked and racing my '67 for 25
                              years.<br>
                              <br>
                              Bob Spruck<br>
                              Sharpsburg, GA<br>
                            </font></font><br>
                          <div>On 4/11/2016 9:43 PM, Diane Elliman via
                            Spridgets wrote:<br>
                          </div>
                          <blockquote type="cite">
                            <div>
                              <div style="margin:0in 0in
                                0.0001pt;font-size:11pt;font-family:Calibri,sans-serif">Well,
                                I thought I would try and start my
                                Midget tonight. It has been in winter
                                hibernation for at least 6 months in my
                                garage. I am soooo  excited and happy to
                                say she started just fine. I really had
                                no real trouble starting her. The
                                battery was strong. I took your advice
                                last Fall and put some of that Stabil
                                stuff in the gas tank. I guess it really
                                worked good!!! Thank you all for such
                                good advice! So now I plan on taking her
                                on Friday to get the new tires and tubes
                                put on. They have been in my garage all
                                winter too! No school Friday, so I have
                                time to get it done, in-between grading
                                papers. It is supposed to be close to 70
                                degrees this weekend too, so I can take
                                her out for a ride. Maybe even venture
                                all the way to the swap meet in her. (45
                                min. drive!) LOL. I just got my Midget
                                last October, and have not really taken
                                her anywhere, just around here a little.
                                I am so looking forward to getting some
                                things done to her and repainted. I also
                                want to come and see some of you race
                                those little Spridgets!</div>
                              <div style="margin:0in 0in
                                0.0001pt;font-size:11pt;font-family:Calibri,sans-serif">Life
                                is good!</div>
                              <div style="margin:0in 0in
                                0.0001pt;font-size:11pt;font-family:Calibri,sans-serif">diane</div>
                            </div>
                            <br>
                            <fieldset></fieldset>
                            <br>
                            <pre>------------------------

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]" style="color:purple;text-decoration:underline" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/archive" style="color:purple;text-decoration:underline" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/forums" style="color:purple;text-decoration:underline" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
                          </blockquote>
                          <br>
                          ------------------------<br>
                          <br>
                          <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                            style="color:purple;text-decoration:underline"
                            target="_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
                          <br>
                          Donate:<span> </span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                            style="color:purple;text-decoration:underline"
                            target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                          Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
                          <br>
                          Archive:<span> </span><a
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.team.net/archive"
                            style="color:purple;text-decoration:underline"
                            target="_blank"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></a><br>
                          Forums:<span> </span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="http://www.team.net/forums"
                            style="color:purple;text-decoration:underline"
                            target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                      Unsubscribe/Manage:<span> </span><a
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]"
                        style="color:purple;text-decoration:underline"
                        target="_blank"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a></a><br>
                    </div>
                  </blockquote>
                </div>
                <br>
              </div>
            </div>
            <br>
            ------------------------<br>
            <br>
            <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
            <br>
            Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel="noreferrer"
              target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
            <br>
            Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer"
              target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/forums" rel="noreferrer"
              target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]"
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
            <br>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br>
        <br clear="all">
        <div><br>
        </div>
        -- <br>
        <div class="gmail_signature">
          <div dir="ltr"><span style="font-size:small">"Pay if forward"
              in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010805000102020308090802--

--===============0988512666115141036==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============0988512666115141036==--

---

From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 19:18:51 -0400

--===============7188584296817535367==

--001a114ec51a797dd705314348ab
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Good to know, even for those of us with old motorcycles : )
I like how wire wheels look of LBC's but after 30 years of it I was OK to
switch LBC's with stock or other wheels basically because I'm lazy LOL.
Lin

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Lester Ewing via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Atlanta has one of the best guys for wire wheel truing, mounting, and
> balancing.  He is a Jag guy and cut up a jag spindle so there is somethin=
g
> specific to mount to .  Now I just need to remember his name=E2=80=A6
>
> Lester
>
> On Apr 12, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Beware getting wire wheel work done by a local tire shop. I did that with
> my w/w '72 and they really screwed them up. Most places don't have the
> equipment or the experience to properly mount or balance w/w's. Mine ende=
d
> up with a terrible imbalance because the shop couldn't support the hub an=
d
> keep the rim concentric with it. Therefore the hub and the rim were on
> different center lines. VERY noticeable on the road. And not repairable
> unless you can find someone who knows how to tune and tighten w/w's. Thos=
e
> Also be wary of a service like K&T Automotive in Allentown, PA advertises=
.
> They call it tire truing. All they do is shave the tire to make it balanc=
e.
> So your wheel could be grossly out of whack and they shave the tire to ma=
ke
> it balance. Not good.
>
> Many people recommend you have your w/w work done at a motorcycle shop. I
> have not tried that but it makes sense if you can find one and verify tha=
t
> they can and will do what you want.
>
> conversion as well as brand new tires, so I hope I don't need any w/w wor=
k
> for a while.
> you to a vintage race to see what goes on. I've been hooked and racing my
> '67 for 25 years.
>
> Bob Spruck
> Sharpsburg, GA
>
> Well, I thought I would try and start my Midget tonight. It has been in
> winter hibernation for at least 6 months in my garage. I am soooo  excite=
d
> and happy to say she started just fine. I really had no real trouble
> starting her. The battery was strong. I took your advice last Fall and pu=
t
> some of that Stabil stuff in the gas tank. I guess it really worked good!=
!!
> Thank you all for such good advice! So now I plan on taking her on Friday
> to get the new tires and tubes put on. They have been in my garage all
> winter too! No school Friday, so I have time to get it done, in-between
> grading papers. It is supposed to be close to 70 degrees this weekend too=
,
> so I can take her out for a ride. Maybe even venture all the way to the
> swap meet in her. (45 min. drive!) LOL. I just got my Midget last October=
,
> and have not really taken her anywhere, just around here a little. I am s=
o
> looking forward to getting some things done to her and repainted. I also
> want to come and see some of you race those little Spridgets!
> Life is good!
> diane
>
>
> ------------------------
> [email-masked]
>
[email-masked]

--=20

--001a114ec51a797dd705314348ab
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Good to know, even for those of us with old motorcycles : =
)<div>I like how wire wheels look of LBC&#39;s but after 30 years of it I w=
as OK to switch LBC&#39;s with stock or other wheels basically because I&#3=
9;m lazy LOL.<br><div>Lin</div></div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><=
div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Lester Ewing vi=
a Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
t" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blo=
ckquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #c=
cc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div style=3D"word-wrap:break-word">Atlanta has =
one of the best guys for wire wheel truing, mounting, and balancing.=C2=A0 =
He is a Jag guy and cut up a jag spindle so there is something specific to =
mount to .=C2=A0 Now I just need to remember his name=E2=80=A6<div><br></di=
v><div>Lester</div><div><br></div><div>I think that this is it, Dick Maury =
at=C2=A0<a href=3D"http://www.coventrywest.com" target=3D"_blank">http://ww=
w.coventrywest.com</a></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div><div><d=
iv class=3D"h5"><div>On Apr 12, 2016, at 1:34 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">spridgets=
@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br></div></div><blockquote type=3D"cit=
e"><div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF" text=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-family:Helvetica=
;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;le=
tter-spacing:normal;line-height:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;tex=
t-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px"><div><div class=3D"h5=
"><font size=3D"+1"><font face=3D"Arial">Beware getting wire wheel work don=
e by a local tire shop. I did that with my w/w &#39;72 and they really scre=
wed them up. Most places don&#39;t have the equipment or the experience to =
properly mount or balance w/w&#39;s. Mine ended up with a terrible imbalanc=
e because the shop couldn&#39;t support the hub and keep the rim concentric=
 with it. Therefore the hub and the rim were on different center lines. VER=
Y noticeable on the road. And not repairable unless you can find someone wh=
o knows how to tune and tighten w/w&#39;s. Those guys are getting hard to f=
ind, at least in the Atlanta area.<span>=C2=A0</span><br><br>Also be wary o=
f a service like K&amp;T Automotive in Allentown, PA advertises. They call =
it tire truing. All they do is shave the tire to make it balance. So your w=
heel could be grossly out of whack and they shave the tire to make it balan=
ce. Not good.<br><br>Many people recommend you have your w/w work done at a=
 motorcycle shop. I have not tried that but it makes sense if you can find =
one and verify that they can and will do what you want.<br><br>I had to con=
vert my w/w &#39;72 Midget to disc wheels (actually, I used the Minilite re=
plicas that I had as rain tires on my &#39;67 Midget vintage race car). Tha=
t&#39;s a fairly straight forward job but did take lots of time.<br><br>The=
 Sebring Sprite replica I bough last year has the bolt-on w/w conversion as=
 well as brand new tires, so I hope I don&#39;t need any w/w work for a whi=
le.<br><br>If you tell us where you are located, some of us might be able t=
o invite you to a vintage race to see what goes on. I&#39;ve been hooked an=
d racing my &#39;67 for 25 years.<br><br>Bob Spruck<br>Sharpsburg, GA<br></=
font></font><br><div>On 4/11/2016 9:43 PM, Diane Elliman via Spridgets wrot=
e:<br></div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><div style=3D"margin:0in 0in 0.0=
001pt;font-size:11pt;font-family:Calibri,sans-serif">Well, I thought I woul=
d try and start my Midget tonight. It has been in winter hibernation for at=
 least 6 months in my garage. I am soooo=C2=A0 excited and happy to say she=
 started just fine. I really had no real trouble starting her. The battery =
was strong. I took your advice last Fall and put some of that Stabil stuff =
in the gas tank. I guess it really worked good!!! Thank you all for such go=
od advice! So now I plan on taking her on Friday to get the new tires and t=
ubes put on. They have been in my garage all winter too! No school Friday, =
so I have time to get it done, in-between grading papers. It is supposed to=
 be close to 70 degrees this weekend too, so I can take her out for a ride.=
 Maybe even venture all the way to the swap meet in her. (45 min. drive!) L=
OL. I just got my Midget last October, and have not really taken her anywhe=
re, just around here a little. I am so looking forward to getting some thin=
gs done to her and repainted. I also want to come and see some of you race =
those little Spridgets!<u></u><u></u></div><div style=3D"margin:0in 0in 0.0=
001pt;font-size:11pt;font-family:Calibri,sans-serif">Life is good!<u></u><u=
></u></div><div style=3D"margin:0in 0in 0.0001pt;font-size:11pt;font-family=
:Calibri,sans-serif">diane<u></u><u></u></div></div><br><fieldset></fieldse=
t><br><pre>------------------------

<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color:purple;text-deco=
ration:underline" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>

ext-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html=
</a>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color:purple;text=
-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color:purple;text-d=
ecoration:underline" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
ets/[email-masked]" style=3D"color:purple;text-decoration:underline" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/raspruck@gm=
ail.com</a>
</pre></blockquote><br>------------------------<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sp=
[email-masked]" style=3D"color:purple;text-decoration:underline" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><br>Donate:<span>=C2=A0</sp=
an><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color:purple;text-d=
ecoration:underline" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><=
br>Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br><br>Archive:<span>=C2=A0</span><a h=
ref=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color:purple;text-decoration:u=
nderline" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums:<span=
>=C2=A0</span><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color:purple;=
text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a>=
<br></div></div>Unsubscribe/Manage:<span>=C2=A0</span><a href=3D"http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]" style=3D"colo=
r:purple;text-decoration:underline" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br></div></blockquote=
></div><br></div></div><br>------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br=
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&qu=
ot;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br>=
</div></div>
</div>

--001a114ec51a797dd705314348ab--

--===============7188584296817535367==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============7188584296817535367==--