Subject: [Spridgets] Work bench surface

From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 09:00:01 -0600

--===============1392791022428612957==

--001a1130cc868d4b4b053036cca0

Trevor-
Try online metals, I've had good luck with them when I need 304L in odd
sizes.
You'll have to cut and paste,but it'll get you to the sheet SS page.

http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=232&step=2&top_cat=1

or Service Steel Aerospace, though they are in the PNW,
http://www.ssa-corp.com/en/materials.php

HTH,
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

I have a small workbench in the corner of my home garage that is 23" x 52".
The bench top is actually just made from scrap 2x4's and it has always had
a sheet of aluminum on it for a surface.  The aluminum was too thin and has
seen better days so I want to replace it with stainless steel.  I've been
watching Craigslist for an old kitchen prep table but they all seem to
bring good money.

The question:  If I were to just go out and buy a sheet of new stainless
for the bench surface ... what gauge would be sufficient?

Alternate question:  Any other suggestions for something to use as a bench
top surface?

-Trevor

--001a1130cc868d4b4b053036cca0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div>Trevor-<br></div>Try online metals, I&#39;v=
e had good luck with them when I need 304L in odd sizes.<br>You&#39;ll have=
 to cut and paste,but it&#39;ll get you to the sheet SS page.<br><br><a hre=
f=3D"http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=3D232&amp;step=3D2&amp;top=
_cat=3D1">http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=3D232&amp;step=3D2&am=
p;top_cat=3D1</a><br><br></div>or Service Steel Aerospace, though they are =
in the PNW,<br><a href=3D"http://www.ssa-corp.com/en/materials.php">http://=
www.ssa-corp.com/en/materials.php</a><br><br></div>HTH,<br clear=3D"all"><d=
iv><div><div><div><div><div class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div=
>Mark Haynes<br></div>It only goes one way- Pay It Forward<br><br><br>
<br>
I have a small workbench in the corner of my home garage that is 23&quot; x=
 52&quot;.<br>
The bench top is actually just made from scrap 2x4&#39;s and it has always =
had<br>
a sheet of aluminum on it for a surface.=C2=A0 The aluminum was too thin an=
d has<br>
seen better days so I want to replace it with stainless steel.=C2=A0 I&#39;=
ve been<br>
watching Craigslist for an old kitchen prep table but they all seem to<br>
bring good money.<br>
<br>
The question:=C2=A0 If I were to just go out and buy a sheet of new stainle=
ss<br>
for the bench surface ... what gauge would be sufficient?<br>
<br>
Alternate question:=C2=A0 Any other suggestions for something to use as a b=
ench<br>
top surface?<br>
<br>
-Trevor<br></div></div></div>
</div></div></div></div></div>

--001a1130cc868d4b4b053036cca0--

--===============1392791022428612957==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1392791022428612957==--