Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Shining Silver

From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 15:04:23 -0400

Mark,

Congratulations on 25 years!  Pretty impressive.  This list has been an important part of my car life for many years. but unfortunately it seems to be slipping away.  Fewer and fewer messages these days.  Too many of us are old farts and the younger guys seem to prefer the fancy colors and graphics of the web based car forums. 

Frank left us almost exactly five years ago and this list hasn't been the same ever since.  What I wouldn't give to read another rant on Chinese dung-forged parts.  :-) 

Sent from my keyboard

> On Apr 8, 2016, at 4:14 PM, Mark J Bradakis via Spridgets <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> A few years back Karen and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, our Silver Anniversary as they call it.
> 
> And coming up in just a few days on April 11th is Team.Net's Silver Anniversary.  Yes, on April 11, 1991 the domain was registered and went on the air.  In truth, it existed before that in the form of two mailing lists, british-cars and autox which were outgrowths of rec.autos Usenet groups. Murky history there.
> 
> But Team.Net as we know it today has been around for a quarter of a century. Of the 60 some lists on the server, most are inactive. I may take some time this summer to clean up and remove any lists that have not seen any posts for N months, the value of N to be determined.  Some lists, though, are still going strong, soldiering on from the days when Team.Net lists and website were at the leading edge, the only game in town.  It was estimated that at the 1997 SCCA Solo II Nationals, their Silver Anniversary, roughly 2/3 of the 1,000+ participants were on the autox list.  If you check out http://autox.team.net you will find many pages last updated about 24.99 years ago, though, hardly leading edge now.  One of these days ...
> 
> Who could have foreseen how a simple stream of 1s and 0s could be such a part of the lives of so many people, the catalyst for enduring friendships, a formidable source of knowledge and inspiration?  How many cars are on the road these days instead of the scrap heap because of us and our efforts over decades?
> 
> Happy Birthday to us. and carry on!
> 
> mjb.
> 
> ps:  I am sending this out a few days early because on Monday I will be on the road somewhere between Phoenix and Salt Lake City.  I'll look into the multi-hour delay in posting when I return.
> ------------------------
> 
> [email-masked]
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
> 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Hal Faulkner via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 16:43:25 -0700

--===============7489043432379964322==

--001a113e8394acc1c1053015e00a

What Rick said.

Hal

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Rick Fisk via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Congratulations on 25 years!  Pretty impressive.  This list has been an
> important part of my car life for many years. but unfortunately it seems to
> be slipping away.  Fewer and fewer messages these days.  Too many of us are
> old farts and the younger guys seem to prefer the fancy colors and graphics
> of the web based car forums.
>
> Frank left us almost exactly five years ago and this list hasn't been the
> same ever since.  What I wouldn't give to read another rant on Chinese
> dung-forged parts.  :-)
>
>
> Sent from my keyboard
>
> > And coming up in just a few days on April 11th is Team.Net's Silver
> Anniversary.  Yes, on April 11, 1991 the domain was registered and went on
> the air.  In truth, it existed before that in the form of two mailing
> lists, british-cars and autox which were outgrowths of rec.autos Usenet
> groups. Murky history there.
> >
> > But Team.Net as we know it today has been around for a quarter of a
> century. Of the 60 some lists on the server, most are inactive. I may take
> some time this summer to clean up and remove any lists that have not seen
> any posts for N months, the value of N to be determined.  Some lists,
> though, are still going strong, soldiering on from the days when Team.Net
> lists and website were at the leading edge, the only game in town.  It was
> estimated that at the 1997 SCCA Solo II Nationals, their Silver
> Anniversary, roughly 2/3 of the 1,000+ participants were on the autox
> list.  If you check out http://autox.team.net you will find many pages
> last updated about 24.99 years ago, though, hardly leading edge now.  One
> of these days ...
> >
> > Who could have foreseen how a simple stream of 1s and 0s could be such a
> part of the lives of so many people, the catalyst for enduring friendships,
> a formidable source of knowledge and inspiration?  How many cars are on the
> road these days instead of the scrap heap because of us and our efforts
> over decades?
> >
> > ps:  I am sending this out a few days early because on Monday I will be
> on the road somewhere between Phoenix and Salt Lake City.  I'll look into
> the multi-hour delay in posting when I return.
> > ------------------------
> >
> > [email-masked]
> >
> > Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>

--001a113e8394acc1c1053015e00a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>What Rick said.<br><br></div>Hal<br></div><div class=
=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 12:0=
4 PM, Rick Fisk via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sprid=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</sp=
an> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;=
border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Mark,<br>
<br>
Congratulations on 25 years!=C2=A0 Pretty impressive.=C2=A0 This list has b=
een an important part of my car life for many years. but unfortunately it s=
eems to be slipping away.=C2=A0 Fewer and fewer messages these days.=C2=A0 =
Too many of us are old farts and the younger guys seem to prefer the fancy =
colors and graphics of the web based car forums.<br>
<br>
Frank left us almost exactly five years ago and this list hasn&#39;t been t=
he same ever since.=C2=A0 What I wouldn&#39;t give to read another rant on =
Chinese dung-forged parts.=C2=A0 :-)<br>
<br>
<br>
Sent from my keyboard<br>
<span class=3D""><br>
&gt; On Apr 8, 2016, at 4:14 PM, Mark J Bradakis via Spridgets &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote=
:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; A few years back Karen and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, =
our Silver Anniversary as they call it.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; And coming up in just a few days on April 11th is Team.Net&#39;s Silve=
r Anniversary.=C2=A0 Yes, on April 11, 1991 the domain was registered and w=
ent on the air.=C2=A0 In truth, it existed before that in the form of two m=
ailing lists, british-cars and autox which were outgrowths of rec.autos Use=
net groups. Murky history there.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; But Team.Net as we know it today has been around for a quarter of a ce=
ntury. Of the 60 some lists on the server, most are inactive. I may take so=
me time this summer to clean up and remove any lists that have not seen any=
 posts for N months, the value of N to be determined.=C2=A0 Some lists, tho=
ugh, are still going strong, soldiering on from the days when Team.Net list=
s and website were at the leading edge, the only game in town.=C2=A0 It was=
 estimated that at the 1997 SCCA Solo II Nationals, their Silver Anniversar=
y, roughly 2/3 of the 1,000+ participants were on the autox list.=C2=A0 If =
you check out <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net</a> you will find many pages last updated=
 about 24.99 years ago, though, hardly leading edge now.=C2=A0 One of these=
 days ...<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Who could have foreseen how a simple stream of 1s and 0s could be such=
 a part of the lives of so many people, the catalyst for enduring friendshi=
ps, a formidable source of knowledge and inspiration?=C2=A0 How many cars a=
re on the road these days instead of the scrap heap because of us and our e=
fforts over decades?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Happy Birthday to us. and carry on!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; mjb.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ps:=C2=A0 I am sending this out a few days early because on Monday I w=
ill be on the road somewhere between Phoenix and Salt Lake City.=C2=A0 I&#3=
9;ll look into the multi-hour delay in posting when I return.<br>
&gt; ------------------------<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</=
a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=3D"noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
</span>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/op=
tions/spridgets/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br=
<div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5">------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br=
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
</div></div></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113e8394acc1c1053015e00a--

--===============7489043432379964322==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============7489043432379964322==--

---

From: Charlie Shelden via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 20:47:05 -0500

I met an old fart on here. His name was Rick!

> On Apr 9, 2016, at 2:04 PM, Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Mark,
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
> 

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 16:56:29 -0400

Hey Charlie,  LOL.  Got your Bugeye done yet?  :-)

Sent from my keyboard

> On Apr 9, 2016, at 9:47 PM, Charlie Shelden <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Frakes via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 08:23:17 -0400

--part__594A6BB5_6E5A_47D7_B6AC_364578412
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Disclaimer: frakes-eng.com

A daily routine, check the office emails, personal emails and the HML. Great=
 information from a lot of very wise Healey owners. 

Thanks a lot Mark, 

Jim  Frakes

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark J Br=
adakis
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 4:15 PM
To: [email-masked]; Spridget
Subject: [Healeys] Shining Silver

A few years back Karen and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, our Si=
lver Anniversary as they call it.

And coming up in just a few days on April 11th is Team.Net's Silver Annivers=
ary.  Yes, on April 11, 1991 the domain was registered and went on the air. =
 In truth, it existed before that in the form of two mailing lists, british-=
cars and autox which were outgrowths of rec.autos Usenet groups. Murky histo=
ry there.

But Team.Net as we know it today has been around for a quarter of a century.=
 Of the 60 some lists on the server, most are inactive. I may take some time=
 this summer to clean up and remove any lists that have not seen any posts f=
or N months, the value of N to be determined.  Some lists, though, are still=
 going strong, soldiering on from the days when Team.Net lists and website w=
ere at the leading edge, the only game in town.  It was estimated that at th=
e 1997 SCCA Solo II Nationals, their Silver Anniversary, roughly 2/3 of the =
1,000+ participants were on the autox list.  If you check out http://autox.t=
eam.net you will find many pages last updated about 24.99 years ago, though,=
 hardly leading edge now.  One of these days ...

Who could have foreseen how a simple stream of 1s and 0s could be such a par=
t of the lives of so many people, the catalyst for enduring friendships, a f=
ormidable source of knowledge and inspiration?  How many cars are on the roa=
d these days instead of the scrap heap because of us and our efforts over de=
cades?

mjb.

ps:  I am sending this out a few days early because on Monday I will be on t=
he road somewhere between Phoenix and Salt Lake City.  I'll look into the mu=
lti-hour delay in posting when I return.
_______________________________________________
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

s-eng.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE=0AThe information contained in this e-mail is intende=
d only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and =
it may contain information that is privileged or confidential.  If the reade=
r of this message is not the intended recipient (or the employee or agent re=
sponsible to deliver it to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified =
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is pr=
ohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by te=
lephone at the number listed above or by return e-mail.

--part__594A6BB5_6E5A_47D7_B6AC_364578412
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Body.rtf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
x-gfi-bdy: rtf

--part__594A6BB5_6E5A_47D7_B6AC_364578412
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--part__594A6BB5_6E5A_47D7_B6AC_364578412--