Subject: [Spridgets] mini question (again)

From: Mike Rambour via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 11:32:09 -0800

Is there a mini list for the classic mini's ?  I have joined a few 
mini website forums but I prefer e-mail and this group is super, so I 
was browsing team.net and didn't find a mini list but some of the info 
maybe out of date.

  I have a new issue with the mini...the driveshaft is rubbing on the 
exhaust.  Didn't happen first 1,400 miles he owned it and now it is and 
I can't see any reason for it, everything is tight, everything looks 
correct but obviously something moved.  I can't seem to figure out how 
to re-adjust it to have some clearance.  Motor mounts seem solid, no 
reason for the movement and no way to adjust it that I can see anyway.

  We are at the point where daughter's fiance is ready to give up 
(please, please, let me buy the car, oh please).  At this point, he said 
he was just parking it until after the wedding in April and maybe we 
would pull the motor then and do a rebuild, but there is nothing wrong 
with the motor really, it has good and even compression, good oil 
pressure.  It does run hot, not overheat hot but constantly sits about 
200-205, I think its the location of the aftermarket digital gauge 
sending unit that causes it to look hot, but the original dash gauge 
also reads warm.

     mike

P.S. Because he sold his modern day car to buy the mini, when he parks 
the mini he has to drive my S2000 to get to work, etc. so naturally I 
prefer the mini be working.

-- 
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive