Subject: [Spridgets] Overheated Engine Not starting

From: Monty Love via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:11:42 -0400 (EDT)

--===============2780711183296098827==
	boundary="----=_Part_67887695_1349686893.1445015502090"

------=_Part_67887695_1349686893.1445015502090
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello All; 

I did something really stupid last weekend. I was trying to tune the carburetors and had the engine idling as I worked on them. Everything seemed to be OK. I took it around the block and it was running very rough. I never looked at the temp gauge until I got home. It was very hot! The over flow tank had ruptured and most of the antifreeze had run out. I replaced the over flow tank and refilled the radiator and now the engine will not start. It won't hardly fire at all. I haven't had time this week to diagnose, but was wondering how much damage could I have done to it? This is a brand new engine with very few miles on it. Any thoughts? 

Thanks, 

Monty 

------=_Part_67887695_1349686893.1445015502090
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: times new roman, new york, times, se=
rif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>Hello All;</div><div><br></div><=
div>I did something really stupid last weekend. &nbsp;I was trying to tune =
the carburetors and had the engine idling as I worked on them. &nbsp;Everyt=
hing seemed to be OK. &nbsp;I took it around the block and it was running v=
ery rough. &nbsp;I never looked at the temp gauge until I got home. &nbsp;I=
t was very hot! &nbsp;The over flow tank had ruptured and most of the antif=
reeze had run out. &nbsp;I replaced the over flow tank and refilled the rad=
iator and now the engine will not start. &nbsp;It won't hardly fire at all.=
 &nbsp;I haven't had time this week to diagnose, but was wondering how much=
 damage could I have done to it? &nbsp;This is a brand new engine with very=
 few miles on it. &nbsp;Any thoughts? </div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</di=
v><div><br></div><div>Monty&nbsp;</div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_67887695_1349686893.1445015502090--

--===============2780711183296098827==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2780711183296098827==--