Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: coinsidences

From: Kent McLean via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 06:05:15 -0400

--===============6473216243965986990==

--Apple-Mail=_32585542-8C6C-4192-B189-8822C691AB03
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

Forwarded from the Big Healey list.

Kent McLean
=E2=80=9956 100 BN2

> Begin forwarded message:
>=20
> Subject: [Healeys] coinsidences
>=20
> This spring we took a road trip to California from Kansas City. While =
headed up the coast thru Big Sur we rounded a corner & spotted a =
beautiful yellow bugeye Sprite parked along the side of the highway. The =
two occupants were enjoying a picnic & the spectacular view. I =
instinctively thought "what a great photo opportunity", but there was =
nowhere to pull off & the traffic behind was pressing us on. So, imagine =
our surprise when Claudia Hallauer, one of our traveling companions, =
spotted the cover of the attached credit card company travel magazine in =
the waiting room of her dentist a few months later. What are the odds?
> There was no mention of the Sprite anywhere in the magazine.=20
> Anyone know the owner?=20
> Gary Hodson
>=20
> URL: =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/att=
achment.jpg =
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/att=
achment.jpg>>

--Apple-Mail=_32585542-8C6C-4192-B189-8822C691AB03
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Forwarded from the Big Healey list.<div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><div apple-content-edited=3D"true" =
class=3D"">
<div class=3D""><div class=3D"">Kent McLean</div><div class=3D"">=E2=80=99=
56 100 BN2</div></div>
</div>

<div><br class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">Begin forwarded message:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">From:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: Georgia; =
font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: =
Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">To:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: Georgia; =
font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: =
Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Subject: [Healeys] =
coinsidences</span></div></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite" =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: =
none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">This spring we took a road =
trip to California from Kansas City. While headed up the coast thru Big =
Sur we rounded a corner &amp; spotted a beautiful yellow bugeye Sprite =
parked along the side of the highway. The two occupants were enjoying a =
picnic &amp; the spectacular view. I instinctively thought "what a great =
photo opportunity", but there was nowhere to pull off &amp; the traffic =
behind was pressing us on. So, imagine our surprise when Claudia =
Hallauer, one of our traveling companions, spotted the cover of the =
attached credit card company travel magazine in the waiting room of her =
dentist a few months later. What are the odds?</span><br =
style=3D"font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">There was no mention of the Sprite anywhere in =
the magazine.<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><br=
 style=3D"font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Anyone know the owner?<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><br =
style=3D"font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Gary Hodson</span></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite" class=3D""><br class=3D""></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite" class=3D""><span class=3D"" style=3D"float: none; display: =
inline !important;">URL: &lt;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9=
e13/attachment.jpg" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/81=
8b9e13/attachment.jpg</a><span class=3D"" style=3D"float: none; display: =
inline !important;">&gt;</span></blockquote></div><br =
class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_32585542-8C6C-4192-B189-8822C691AB03--

--===============6473216243965986990==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6473216243965986990==--

---

From: Tim Collins via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 06:20:29 -0400

--===============3175487165718268279==
	boundary="=====================_62419890==.ALT"

--=====================_62419890==.ALT

Here's another coincidence. I saw that same magazine - in my 
dentist's office about a month ago. I wanted to take a picture of the 
cover, but it was too badly scratched up to make a good picture. This 
magazine must be required reading in a dentist office. Sorry, I don't 
know the owners of the Sprite.
Tim

>>There was no mention of the Sprite anywhere in the magazine.
>>Anyone know the owner?
>>Gary Hodson
>>
>>URL: 
>><<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/attachment.jpg>http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/attachment.jpg>

--=====================_62419890==.ALT

<html>
<body>
Here's another coincidence. I saw that same magazine - in my dentist's
office about a month ago. I wanted to take a picture of the cover, but it
was too badly scratched up to make a good picture. This magazine must be
required reading in a dentist office. Sorry, I don't know the owners of
the Sprite. <br>
Tim<br><br>
<br><br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">There was no mention of the
Sprite anywhere in the magazine. <br>
Anyone know the owner? <br>
Gary Hodson<br><br>
URL:
&lt;<a href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/attachment.jpg">
http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/attachment.jpg</a>
&gt;</blockquote></blockquote></body>
</html>

--=====================_62419890==.ALT--

--===============3175487165718268279==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============3175487165718268279==--

---

From: HealeyRick via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:51:12 -0400

--===============2190162846822115118==

--001a1139af2499655e05227499fb

Saw on Wikipedia that  "Departures" is sent only to holders of an AMEX
Platinum card.  No wonder it's in all the dentists' offices.  And how come
they use a British car under the title "All American Summer?"

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Tim Collins via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> required reading in a dentist office. Sorry, I don't know the owners of the
> Sprite.
> Tim
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

--001a1139af2499655e05227499fb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Saw on Wikipedia that =C2=A0&quot;Departures&quot; is sent=
 only to holders of an AMEX Platinum card.=C2=A0 No wonder it&#39;s in all =
the dentists&#39; offices.=C2=A0 And how come they use a British car under =
the title &quot;All American Summer?&quot;<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><d=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote">On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Tim Collins via S=
pridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockq=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc =
solid;padding-left:1ex">
<div>
Here&#39;s another coincidence. I saw that same magazine - in my dentist&#3=
9;s
office about a month ago. I wanted to take a picture of the cover, but it
was too badly scratched up to make a good picture. This magazine must be
required reading in a dentist office. Sorry, I don&#39;t know the owners of
the Sprite. <br>
Tim<br><br>
<br><br>
<blockquote type=3D"cite">
<blockquote type=3D"cite"><br></blockquote></blockquote></div>
<br><br></blockquote></div><br></div></div>

--001a1139af2499655e05227499fb--

--===============2190162846822115118==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============2190162846822115118==--

---

From: Jon Paschke via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 07:38:22 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2329308444343649196==
 boundary="------------090605030402020701000904"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090605030402020701000904
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

That is Jack and Fran from here in Tehachapi, I helped them with the 
car. They spend a lot of time on the coast and are wonderful people. 
They like geocaching and camping. Jon
On 10/19/2015 3:05 AM, Kent McLean via Spridgets wrote:
> ’56 100 BN2
>> This spring we took a road trip to California from Kansas City. While 
>> headed up the coast thru Big Sur we rounded a corner & spotted a 
>> beautiful yellow bugeye Sprite parked along the side of the highway. 
>> The two occupants were enjoying a picnic & the spectacular view. I 
>> instinctively thought "what a great photo opportunity", but there was 
>> nowhere to pull off & the traffic behind was pressing us on. So, 
>> imagine our surprise when Claudia Hallauer, one of our traveling 
>> companions, spotted the cover of the attached credit card company 
>> travel magazine in the waiting room of her dentist a few months 
>> later. What are the odds?
>> <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/attachment.jpg>
>
>
>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

--------------090605030402020701000904
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    That is Jack and Fran from here in Tehachapi, I helped them with the
    car. They spend a lot of time on the coast and are wonderful people.
    They like <span
      id="docs-internal-guid-aaedb347-cce4-eda6-ccf6-2ec37fa22d3a"><span style="font-size: 14.6667px; font-family: Arial; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: transparent;">geocaching and camping.
Jon

</span></span><br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/19/2015 3:05 AM, Kent McLean via
      Spridgets wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      Forwarded from the Big Healey list.
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">
        <div apple-content-edited="true" class="">
          <div class="">
            <div class="">Kent McLean</div>
            <div class="">’56 100 BN2</div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <div><br class="">
          <blockquote type="cite" class="">
            <div class="">Begin forwarded message:</div>
            <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            <div class=""><span style="font-family: Georgia; font-size:
                18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
                line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start;
                text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space:
                normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display:
                inline !important;" class="">From:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
                normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
                orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class=""><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a><br style="font-family:
                Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <span style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
                normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
                orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                float: none; display: inline !important;" class="">To:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]" style="font-family:
                Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class=""><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a><br
                style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
                normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
                orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"
                class="">
              <span style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
                normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
                orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                float: none; display: inline !important;" class="">Subject:
                [Healeys] coinsidences</span></div>
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite" class=""><br class="">
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite" class=""><span style="font-family:
              Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal;
              font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing:
              normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align:
              start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
              white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display:
              inline !important;" class="">This spring we took a road
              trip to California from Kansas City. While headed up the
              coast thru Big Sur we rounded a corner &amp; spotted a
              beautiful yellow bugeye Sprite parked along the side of
              the highway. The two occupants were enjoying a picnic
              &amp; the spectacular view. I instinctively thought "what
              a great photo opportunity", but there was nowhere to pull
              off &amp; the traffic behind was pressing us on. So,
              imagine our surprise when Claudia Hallauer, one of our
              traveling companions, spotted the cover of the attached
              credit card company travel magazine in the waiting room of
              her dentist a few months later. What are the odds?</span><br
              style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style:
              normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal;
              letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans:
              auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
              none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing:
              0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">
            <span style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px;
              font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
              normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
              orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
              text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
              word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float:
              none; display: inline !important;" class="">There was no
              mention of the Sprite anywhere in the magazine.<span
                class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><br
              style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style:
              normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal;
              letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans:
              auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
              none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing:
              0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">
            <span style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px;
              font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
              normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
              orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
              text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
              word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float:
              none; display: inline !important;" class="">Anyone know
              the owner?<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><br
              style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px; font-style:
              normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal;
              letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans:
              auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
              none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing:
              0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">
            <span style="font-family: Georgia; font-size: 18px;
              font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
              normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
              orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
              text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
              word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float:
              none; display: inline !important;" class="">Gary Hodson</span></blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite" class=""><br class="">
          </blockquote>
          <blockquote type="cite" class=""><span class="" style="float:
              none; display: inline !important;">URL: &lt;</span><a
              moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/attachment.jpg"
              class=""><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/attachment.jpg">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20151018/818b9e13/attachment.jpg</a></a><span
              class="" style="float: none; display: inline !important;">&gt;</span></blockquote>
        </div>
        <br class="">
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">------------------------

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------090605030402020701000904--

--===============2329308444343649196==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============2329308444343649196==--