Subject: [Spridgets] Backwards battery

From: Michael Rowe via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:09:44 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1752854693922822848==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_fJn6waHETrloRRLUm4LuCQ)"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--Boundary_(ID_fJn6waHETrloRRLUm4LuCQ)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Even more weird:
As I mentioned, I have been away for three months and don't remember what I did before.  I have checked the wiring converting from generator to alternator, which appears to agree with instructions.  Here is a repeatable sequence:

1.  Battery tests normal.  Ignition switch tests normal.  Red light indicates power out from + terminal to ground at engine.
2.  Close battery cut-off switch (on + terminal).  All circuits test normal all the way to the ignition switch input.
3.  Engage ignition switch.  Pump and interior lights go on briefly, then die = something heating up.
4.  Now, there is no power anywhere at the switch.
5.  Battery shows no power out from the + terminal, green test light shows power in at the - terminal from ground at engine  to ground at battery.  
6.  All returns to the original condition when it cools.
7.  I assume this is a short to ground problem somewhere.  Where is this backflow coming from?

!@#$%^
Michael Rowe

--Boundary_(ID_fJn6waHETrloRRLUm4LuCQ)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 9.00.8112.16708">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Even more weird:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>As I mentioned, I have been away for three months and 
don't remember what I did before.&nbsp; I have checked the wiring converting 
from generator to alternator, which appears to agree with instructions.&nbsp; 
Here is a repeatable sequence:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>1.&nbsp; Battery tests normal.&nbsp; Ignition switch tests 
normal.&nbsp; Red light indicates power out from + terminal to ground at 
engine.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>2.&nbsp; Close battery cut-off switch (on + 
terminal).&nbsp; All circuits test normal all the way to the ignition switch 
input.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>3.&nbsp; Engage ignition switch.&nbsp; Pump and interior 
lights go on briefly, then die&nbsp;= something heating up.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>4.&nbsp; Now, there is no power anywhere at the 
switch.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>5.&nbsp; Battery shows no power out from the + terminal, 
green&nbsp;test&nbsp;light shows power in at the - terminal&nbsp;from ground at 
engine&nbsp; to ground at battery.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>6.&nbsp; All returns to the original condition when it 
cools.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>7.&nbsp; I assume this is a short to ground&nbsp;problem 
somewhere.&nbsp; Where is this backflow coming from?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><A href="mailto:!@#$%">!@#$%</A>^</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Michael Rowe</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_fJn6waHETrloRRLUm4LuCQ)--

--===============1752854693922822848==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1752854693922822848==--