Subject: [Spridgets] Carb Cable

From: Brad Fornal via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 12:00:15 -0500

--===============0132440174453015865==

--001a11c18556a7f15c051d709e69

I am getting ready to retune my carbs, and noticed my "improvement" to the
cable routing. I don't recall if I had shared it to the lists or not, so
here goes, possibly a second time.
I had a problem with my original cable hitting the inside of the bonnet, as
well as binding up, going under the front wing, to get to the opening in
the footwell. This would not be an issue for those with a RHD car.
What I did, was get two of the brake elbows, found on almost EVERY Wal
Mart/China bike out in this world. It is made of aluminium, and lined with
Teflon, or something similar. I put it at the end of each cable,
effectively reducing the arch at both ends, and reducing the friction, for
pedal pressure.
If you don't happen to have one of these elbows, perhaps you can go to your
local scrap metal yard, and see if they will allow you to go out to their
pile, and you KNOW you will find a Chinese bike there somewhere. (Right
now, Frank is nodding his head in heaven). If you need a photo of what I am
talking about, I can send you one, just ask. And if you can't find the
elbows, I can try to get to my scrap yard on Fridays, and get what is
there.

Brad

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/

--001a11c18556a7f15c051d709e69
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div>I am getting ready to retune my carbs,=
 and noticed my &quot;improvement&quot; to the cable routing. I don&#39;t r=
ecall if I had shared it to the lists or not, so here goes, possibly a seco=
nd time.<br></div>I had a problem with my original cable hitting the inside=
 of the bonnet, as well as binding up, going under the front wing, to get t=
o the opening in the footwell. This would not be an issue for those with a =
RHD car. <br></div>What I did, was get two of the brake elbows, found on al=
most EVERY Wal Mart/China bike out in this world. It is made of aluminium, =
and lined with Teflon, or something similar. I put it at the end of each ca=
ble, effectively reducing the arch at both ends, and reducing the friction,=
 for pedal pressure. <br></div>If you don&#39;t happen to have one of these=
 elbows, perhaps you can go to your local scrap metal yard, and see if they=
 will allow you to go out to their pile, and you KNOW you will find a Chine=
se bike there somewhere. (Right now, Frank is nodding his head in heaven). =
If you need a photo of what I am talking about, I can send you one, just as=
k. And if you can&#39;t find the elbows, I can try to get to my scrap yard =
on Fridays, and get what is there. <br><br><br></div>Brad<br clear=3D"all">=
<div><div><div><div><div><br>-- <br><div class=3D"gmail_signature">DON JULI=
O 1942<br><br><a href=3D"http://tequilabrad.com/" target=3D"_blank">http://=
tequilabrad.com/</a></div>
</div></div></div></div></div></div>

--001a11c18556a7f15c051d709e69--

--===============0132440174453015865==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0132440174453015865==--