Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: Metal engraving and a Dremel

From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 06:06:23 -0400

--===============6460077266187874054==

--bcaec519611b27d341051812e909

Keep us posted Daniel,
I love my Dremel and bought 3 for my classroom shop. My favorite is the
variable speed model which I wish I had at home. The last few years I have
been buying the complete accessory kits for the kids and of course they
loose the adapters right away. The little tools are so handy I need to see
what other adapters they have come up with. over 10 years ago or maybe 20
LOL, I ordered a router and drill attachment are rarely use them but glad
to say one student finally had a use for the router attachment which worked
great. I always feel like a dentist when using the Dremel but glad I'm not
due to the unsteady hand...hahhaha.
Lin

62 Sprite
Can't find my old website : (

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 12:50 PM, WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>  Trying again except I've ordered Dremel engraving bits now..
>
>
>  ------------------------------
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: 29/05/2015 18:56:42 GMT Daylight Time
> Subj: Metal engraving and a Dremel
>
> Trying again
>
>
>  ------------------------------
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: 28/05/2015 22:14:12 GMT Daylight Time
> Subj: Metal engraving and a Dremel
>
> Hi list,
>
> I know that I first heard of a 'Dremel' on the list years ago but only
> bought one last Christmas.  I've done a bunch of stuff with it and when
> browsing stuff recall seeing an engraving tip for it.  At the time I didn't
> understand that as I thought that an engraving tool had a hammer action a
> bit like a hammer drill.  However, unless I'm mistaken all a traditional
> engraving tool is, is a high speed rotary device with some kind of tip in
> it that spins around.  So, am I likewise right that my Dremel tool can be a
> rotary engraving tool?
>
> The reason I am asking is that the item I took to my only 'free hand
> engraver' turned out to be  a wasted journey as the engraver is off work
> sick and may be for some time and I though about doing the job myself.  I
> don't have a very steaddddy hand but I think that what I need doing I
> should be ok with.  I have a knock off spinner that has been lightened by
> having the centre machined out of it and I now need to get re-chromed.  My
> previous experience is that the chromer will not only strip off the
> remnants of old chrome but will polish it before re-chroming.  That
> polishing and then re-chroming will make the 'arrow' and letters 'right
> side' and 'undo' so faint that they will be more difficult to read than I
> would like.  So my intention was to get an engraver to run the tool into
> the existing letters to get some fresh depth to them before having the
> spinner polished and re-chromed.  Any reason then why I ought not to buy an
> engraving bit for my Dremel (not sure if they come in different sizes) and
> do this myself?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> Daniel
>
>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--bcaec519611b27d341051812e909
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Keep us posted Daniel,=C2=A0<div>I love my Dremel and boug=
ht 3 for my classroom shop. My favorite is the variable speed model which I=
 wish I had at home. The last few years I have been buying the complete acc=
essory kits for the kids and of course they loose the adapters right away. =
The little tools are so handy I need to see what other adapters they have c=
ome up with. over 10 years ago or maybe 20 LOL, I ordered a router and dril=
l attachment are rarely use them but glad to say one student finally had a =
use for the router attachment which worked great. I always feel like a dent=
ist when using the Dremel but glad I&#39;m not due to the unsteady hand...h=
ahhaha.</div><div>Lin</div><div><br></div><div>62 Sprite</div><div>Can&#39;=
t find my old website : (</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div cl=
ass=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 12:50 PM, WeslakeMonza1330--- vi=
a Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
t" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blo=
ckquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #c=
cc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

<div style=3D"FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Arial;COLOR:#000000"><font color=
=3D"#000000" size=3D"2" face=3D"Arial">
<div>Trying again except I&#39;ve ordered Dremel engraving bits now..</div>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
<div>
<blockquote style=3D"PADDING-LEFT:5px;MARGIN-LEFT:5px;BORDER-LEFT:blue 2px =
solid">
  <div style=3D"FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:&#39;Arial&#39;">
  <hr>
  From: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Wesla=
[email-masked]</a><br>To: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>Sent:=20
  29/05/2015 18:56:42 GMT Daylight Time<br>Subj: Metal engraving and a=20
  Dremel<br></div>
  <div>=C2=A0</div><font style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent" color=3D"#0=
00000" size=3D"2" face=3D"Arial"><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"2" face=3D=
"Arial">
  <div>Trying again</div>
  <div>=C2=A0</div>
  <div>
  <blockquote style=3D"PADDING-LEFT:5px;MARGIN-LEFT:5px;BORDER-LEFT:blue 2p=
x solid">
    <div style=3D"FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:&#39;Arial&#39;">
    <hr>
    From: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Wes=
[email-masked]</a><br>To: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>Sent:=20
    28/05/2015 22:14:12 GMT Daylight Time<br>Subj: Metal engraving and a=20
    Dremel<br></div>
    <div>=C2=A0</div><font style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent" color=3D"=
#000000" size=3D"2" face=3D"Arial"><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"2" face=
=3D"Arial">
    <div>Hi list,</div>
    <div>=C2=A0</div>
    <div>I know that I first heard of a &#39;Dremel&#39; on the list years =
ago but only=20
    bought one last Christmas.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve done a bunch of stuff with it=
 and when=20
    browsing stuff recall seeing an engraving tip for it.=C2=A0 At the time=
 I=20
    didn&#39;t understand that as I thought that an engraving tool had a ha=
mmer=20
    action a bit like a hammer drill.=C2=A0 However, unless I&#39;m mistake=
n all a=20
    traditional engraving tool is, is a high speed rotary device with some =
kind=20
    of tip in it that spins around.=C2=A0 So, am I likewise right that my D=
remel=20
    tool can be a rotary engraving tool?</div>
    <div>=C2=A0</div>
    <div>The reason I am asking is that the item I took to my only &#39;fre=
e hand=20
    engraver&#39; turned out to be=C2=A0 a wasted journey as the engraver i=
s off=20
    work sick and may be for some time and I though about doing the job=20
    myself.=C2=A0 I don&#39;t have a very steaddddy hand but I think that w=
hat I=20
    need doing I should be ok with.=C2=A0 I have a knock off spinner that h=
as=20
    been lightened by having the centre machined out of it and I now need t=
o get=20
    re-chromed.=C2=A0 My previous experience is that the chromer will not o=
nly=20
    strip off the remnants of old chrome but will polish it before=20
    re-chroming.=C2=A0 That polishing and then re-chroming will make the &#=
39;arrow&#39;=20
    and letters &#39;right side&#39; and &#39;undo&#39; so faint that they =
will be more=20
    difficult to read than I would like.=C2=A0 So my intention was to get a=
n=20
    engraver to run the tool into the existing letters to get some fresh de=
pth=20
    to them before having the spinner polished and re-chromed.=C2=A0 Any re=
ason=20
    then why I ought not to buy an engraving bit for my Dremel (not sure if=
 they=20
    come in different sizes) and do this myself?</div>
    <div>=C2=A0</div>
    <div>Thanks</div>
    <div>=C2=A0</div>
    <div>=C2=A0</div>
    <div>Daniel</div></font></font></blockquote></div></font></font></block=
quote></div></font></div><br>------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br=
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/o=
ptions/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&qu=
ot;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br>=
</div></div>
</div>

--bcaec519611b27d341051812e909--

--===============6460077266187874054==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6460077266187874054==--

---

From: Lester via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 16:43:42 -0500

--===============3419953921952529818==

--Apple-Mail=_00E152CC-D772-423B-AF5A-122C35F76DD0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

How are you going to protect the bearings from outside crud with the =
middle of the knockoff missing?  Just curious.

Lester
On Jun 2, 2015, at 11:50 AM, WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets wrote:

> =20
> =20
> =20
> =20
> =20
> I know that I first heard of a 'Dremel' on the list years ago but only =
bought one last Christmas.  I've done a bunch of stuff with it and when =
browsing stuff recall seeing an engraving tip for it.  At the time I =
didn't understand that as I thought that an engraving tool had a hammer =
action a bit like a hammer drill.  However, unless I'm mistaken all a =
traditional engraving tool is, is a high speed rotary device with some =
kind of tip in it that spins around.  So, am I likewise right that my =
Dremel tool can be a rotary engraving tool?
> =20
> The reason I am asking is that the item I took to my only 'free hand =
engraver' turned out to be  a wasted journey as the engraver is off work =
sick and may be for some time and I though about doing the job myself.  =
I don't have a very steaddddy hand but I think that what I need doing I =
should be ok with.  I have a knock off spinner that has been lightened =
by having the centre machined out of it and I now need to get =
re-chromed.  My previous experience is that the chromer will not only =
strip off the remnants of old chrome but will polish it before =
re-chroming.  That polishing and then re-chroming will make the 'arrow' =
and letters 'right side' and 'undo' so faint that they will be more =
difficult to read than I would like.  So my intention was to get an =
engraver to run the tool into the existing letters to get some fresh =
depth to them before having the spinner polished and re-chromed.  Any =
reason then why I ought not to buy an engraving bit for my Dremel (not =
sure if they come in different sizes) and do this myself?
> =20
> =20
> =20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_00E152CC-D772-423B-AF5A-122C35F76DD0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head></head><body style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">How are you going to protect the bearings from outside crud with the middle of the knockoff missing? &nbsp;Just curious.<div><br></div><div>Lester<br><div><div>On Jun 2, 2015, at 11:50 AM, WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets wrote:</div><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type="cite">

<meta content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 11.00.9600.17801">
<div id="role_body" style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000" bottommargin="7" leftmargin="7" rightmargin="7" topmargin="7"><font id="role_document" color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">
<div>Trying again except I've ordered Dremel engraving bits now..</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>
<blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid">
  <div style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'">
  <hr>
  From: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Sent: 
  29/05/2015 18:56:42 GMT Daylight Time<br>Subj: Metal engraving and a 
  Dremel<br></div>
  <div>&nbsp;</div><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">
  <div>Trying again</div>
  <div>&nbsp;</div>
  <div>
  <blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid">
    <div style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'">
    <hr>
    From: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>To: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Sent: 
    28/05/2015 22:14:12 GMT Daylight Time<br>Subj: Metal engraving and a 
    Dremel<br></div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">
    <div>Hi list,</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>I know that I first heard of a 'Dremel' on the list years ago but only 
    bought one last Christmas.&nbsp; I've done a bunch of stuff with it and when 
    browsing stuff recall seeing an engraving tip for it.&nbsp; At the time I 
    didn't understand that as I thought that an engraving tool had a hammer 
    action a bit like a hammer drill.&nbsp; However, unless I'm mistaken all a 
    traditional engraving tool is, is a high speed rotary device with some kind 
    of tip in it that spins around.&nbsp; So, am I likewise right that my Dremel 
    tool can be a rotary engraving tool?</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>The reason I am asking is that the item I took to my only 'free hand 
    engraver' turned out to be&nbsp; a wasted journey as the engraver is off 
    work sick and may be for some time and I though about doing the job 
    myself.&nbsp; I don't have a very steaddddy hand but I think that what I 
    need doing I should be ok with.&nbsp; I have a knock off spinner that has 
    been lightened by having the centre machined out of it and I now need to get 
    re-chromed.&nbsp; My previous experience is that the chromer will not only 
    strip off the remnants of old chrome but will polish it before 
    re-chroming.&nbsp; That polishing and then re-chroming will make the 'arrow' 
    and letters 'right side' and 'undo' so faint that they will be more 
    difficult to read than I would like.&nbsp; So my intention was to get an 
    engraver to run the tool into the existing letters to get some fresh depth 
    to them before having the spinner polished and re-chromed.&nbsp; Any reason 
    then why I ought not to buy an engraving bit for my Dremel (not sure if they 
    come in different sizes) and do this myself?</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>Thanks</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>&nbsp;</div>
    <div>Daniel</div></font></font></blockquote></div></font></font></blockquote></div></font></div><span>&lt;Spinners.jpg&gt;</span>------------------------<br><br><a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br><br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]<br></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>
--Apple-Mail=_00E152CC-D772-423B-AF5A-122C35F76DD0--

--===============3419953921952529818==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============3419953921952529818==--

---

From: Lester via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 23:22:48 -0500

--===============2495494385312865898==

--Apple-Mail=_28FC7F92-A2D7-4413-8B73-2F35F6270FA2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

My bad, I thought that it was from a Jag

Lester

On Jun 10, 2015, at 5:04 PM, David Lieb wrote:

> You might want to take another look at a ww half shaft.
>=20
> On Jun 10, 2015 4:52 PM, "Lester via Spridgets" =
> Lester

--Apple-Mail=_28FC7F92-A2D7-4413-8B73-2F35F6270FA2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head></head><body style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">My bad, I thought that it was from a Jag<div><br></div><div>Lester</div><div><br></div><div><br><div><div>On Jun 10, 2015, at 5:04 PM, David Lieb wrote:</div><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type="cite"><p dir="ltr">You might want to take another look at a ww half shaft. </p>
<div class="gmail_quote">On Jun 10, 2015 4:52 PM, "Lester via Spridgets" &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br type="attribution"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0.8ex; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-left-style: solid; padding-left: 1ex; position: static; z-index: auto; "><div style="word-wrap:break-word">How are you going to protect the bearings from outside crud with the middle of the knockoff missing?&nbsp; Just curious.<div><br></div><div>Lester</div></div></blockquote></div></blockquote></div></div></body></html>
--Apple-Mail=_28FC7F92-A2D7-4413-8B73-2F35F6270FA2--

--===============2495494385312865898==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============2495494385312865898==--