Subject: Re: [Spridgets] More highway speed for a bugeye?

From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 14:48:35 -0700

--Apple-Mail-E6141132-FA45-41C9-B71F-E6F96D694487
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

This is a differential in Yankee talk.

--Apple-Mail-E6141132-FA45-41C9-B71F-E6F96D694487
	name=image1.JPG;
	x-apple-part-url=213BD624-5E0D-4F6A-B2B2-4311FD7043B1
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=image1.JPG
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-E6141132-FA45-41C9-B71F-E6F96D694487
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-E6141132-FA45-41C9-B71F-E6F96D694487
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--Apple-Mail-E6141132-FA45-41C9-B71F-E6F96D694487--

---

From: Mike Myers via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 18:32:09 -0400

Daniel is correct - the differential is actually the spider gears inside the carrier that  to which the ring gear or crown wheel is bolted. These gears allow the rear wheels to rotate independently when need to travel different distances when turning corners, thus providing a "differential" rotation. We just get lazy and refer to the whole thing as a diff. 

Mike Myers

On May 10, 2015, at 5:48 PM, Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
> 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 16:01:19 -0700

That's the whole deal right there in a nutshell.  The entire assembly provides "differential" action, that's it's whole purpose in life, and why it's called a differential in real speak.  :-) 

Sent from my keyboard

> On May 10, 2015, at 3:32 PM, Mike Myers <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
------------------------

[email-masked]