Subject: [Spridgets] Blue pilot light - Barjan

From: WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 19:47:30 -0400

--part1_129740.b265b98.4293bd12_boundary
	boundary="part1_129740.b265b98.4293bd12_alt_boundary"

--part1_129740.b265b98.4293bd12_alt_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi list,
 
At Sprite Rush 98 which was at the Embers Convention Centre (?), Carlisle,  
PA, I crossed the busy main road (on foot) to browse the truck stop shop.   
At least I think that was the shop relevant to this e-mail.  I purchased  
some really neat red and orange pilot lights for my Sprite of the 'Barjan'  
brand.  I still have the packaging (for off road use only - oops to late to  
comply) and see that Barjan is from East Molline, Illionois while the lights 
 themselves are made in Taiwan.
 
The lights are very neat, very small and I always liked them.  A  pending 
possible electronic speedo conversion means I may need a blue pilot  light to 
mount in my dash.  Hopefully not though because I don't want to  put a hole 
in the dash.  UK legislation suggests that my 69 Sprite may not  need a 
blue pilot light to indicate that the headlights are on high beam (rather  than 
dipped) but I want to get a light anyway as a contingency/precautionary  
measure for the annual MOT.
 
Some internet and ebay searching produced just what I was looking for  
although the brand was LED technologies and an Australian owned company but with 
 the light itself still made in Taiwan.  So, I purchased a blue pilot light 
 at about 5 times the cost of my original red or orange unit (that also 
came 2 to  a pack) and found there was a difference.  The difference is that 
the blue  lens is multi-faced like the pilot light in the speedo but my 
original Barjan  pilot lights are round and smooth.  I don't want to purchase a 
pair of new  LED red and orange bulbs to get similar multi-faced finishes if I 
can help it,  but would rather find a smooth blue unit.  So anyone happen 
across any of  the older style Blue (maybe purple?) Barjan pilot lights?  
 
Thanks
 
Daniel
--part1_129740.b265b98.4293bd12_alt_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17801"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR:=
 #000000"=20
bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7><FONT id=3Dr=
ole_document=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV>Hi list,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>At Sprite Rush 98 which was at the Embers Convention Centre (?), Carl=
isle,=20
PA, I crossed the busy main road (on foot) to browse the truck stop shop.&=
nbsp;=20
At least I think that was the shop relevant to this e-mail.&nbsp; I purcha=
sed=20
some really neat red and orange pilot lights for my Sprite of the 'Barjan'=
=20
brand.&nbsp; I still have the packaging (for off road use only - oops to=
 late to=20
comply) and see that Barjan is from East Molline, Illionois while the ligh=
ts=20
themselves are made in Taiwan.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The lights are very neat, very small and I always liked them.&nbsp;=
 A=20
pending possible electronic speedo conversion means I may need a blue pilo=
t=20
light to mount in my dash.&nbsp; Hopefully not though because I don't want=
 to=20
put a hole in the dash.&nbsp; UK legislation suggests that my 69 Sprite ma=
y not=20
need a blue pilot light to indicate that the headlights are on high beam=
 (rather=20
than dipped) but I want to get a light anyway as a contingency/precautiona=
ry=20
measure for the annual MOT.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Some internet and ebay searching produced just what I was looking for=
=20
although the brand was LED technologies and an Australian owned company bu=
t with=20
the light itself still made in Taiwan.&nbsp; So, I purchased a blue pilot=
 light=20
at about 5 times the cost of my original red or orange unit (that also cam=
e 2 to=20
a pack) and found there was a difference.&nbsp; The difference is that the=
 blue=20
lens is multi-faced like the pilot light in the speedo but my original Bar=
jan=20
pilot lights are round and smooth.&nbsp; I don't want to purchase a pair=
 of new=20
LED red and orange bulbs to get similar multi-faced finishes if I can help=
 it,=20
but would rather find a smooth blue unit.&nbsp; So anyone happen across an=
y of=20
the older style Blue (maybe purple?) Barjan pilot lights?&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Daniel</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>
--part1_129740.b265b98.4293bd12_alt_boundary--

--part1_129740.b265b98.4293bd12_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--part1_129740.b265b98.4293bd12_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--part1_129740.b265b98.4293bd12_boundary--

---

From: Billy Zoom via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 17:34:47 -0700

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--===============8065710225222922438==
	boundary="B_3515333689_36"

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--B_3515333689_36
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Blue is always the hardest colour to find in pilot lights. I have no idea
why this is.

--B_3515333689_36
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Spridgets] Blue pilot light - Barjan</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:14.0p=
x'>Blue is always the hardest colour to find in pilot lights. I have no idea=
 why this is.</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3515333689_36--

--===============8065710225222922438==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============8065710225222922438==--

---

From: Jon Paschke via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 18:14:54 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4856760034834284386==
 boundary="------------050704030504020507080208"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------050704030504020507080208
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Daniel,
Find similar music amp supply shop over there or a good music store.
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-L1XX
Jon

On 5/24/2015 4:47 PM, WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets wrote:
> Hi list,
> At Sprite Rush 98 which was at the Embers Convention Centre (?), 
> Carlisle, PA, I crossed the busy main road (on foot) to browse the 
> truck stop shop.  At least I think that was the shop relevant to this 
> e-mail.  I purchased some really neat red and orange pilot lights for 
> my Sprite of the 'Barjan' brand.  I still have the packaging (for off 
> road use only - oops to late to comply) and see that Barjan is from 
> East Molline, Illionois while the lights themselves are made in Taiwan.
> The lights are very neat, very small and I always liked them.  A 
> pending possible electronic speedo conversion means I may need a blue 
> pilot light to mount in my dash.  Hopefully not though because I don't 
> want to put a hole in the dash.  UK legislation suggests that my 69 
> Sprite may not need a blue pilot light to indicate that the headlights 
> are on high beam (rather than dipped) but I want to get a light anyway 
> as a contingency/precautionary measure for the annual MOT.
> although the brand was LED technologies and an Australian owned 
> company but with the light itself still made in Taiwan.  So, I 
> purchased a blue pilot light at about 5 times the cost of my original 
> red or orange unit (that also came 2 to a pack) and found there was a 
> difference.  The difference is that the blue lens is multi-faced like 
> the pilot light in the speedo but my original Barjan pilot lights are 
> round and smooth.  I don't want to purchase a pair of new LED red and 
> orange bulbs to get similar multi-faced finishes if I can help it, but 
> would rather find a smooth blue unit.  So anyone happen across any of 
> the older style Blue (maybe purple?) Barjan pilot lights?
> Thanks
> Daniel
>
>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

--------------050704030504020507080208
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Daniel,<br>
    Find similar music amp supply shop over there or a good music store.<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-L1XX">https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-L1XX</a><br>
    Jon<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/24/2015 4:47 PM,
      WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 11.00.9600.17801">
      <font id="role_document" color="#000000" face="Arial" size="2">
        <div>Hi list,</div>
        <div> </div>
        <div>At Sprite Rush 98 which was at the Embers Convention Centre
          (?), Carlisle, PA, I crossed the busy main road (on foot) to
          browse the truck stop shop.  At least I think that was the
          shop relevant to this e-mail.  I purchased some really neat
          red and orange pilot lights for my Sprite of the 'Barjan'
          brand.  I still have the packaging (for off road use only -
          oops to late to comply) and see that Barjan is from East
          Molline, Illionois while the lights themselves are made in
          Taiwan.</div>
        <div> </div>
        <div>The lights are very neat, very small and I always liked
          them.  A pending possible electronic speedo conversion means I
          may need a blue pilot light to mount in my dash.  Hopefully
          not though because I don't want to put a hole in the dash.  UK
          legislation suggests that my 69 Sprite may not need a blue
          pilot light to indicate that the headlights are on high beam
          (rather than dipped) but I want to get a light anyway as a
          contingency/precautionary measure for the annual MOT.</div>
        <div> </div>
        <div>Some internet and ebay searching produced just what I was
          looking for although the brand was LED technologies and an
          Australian owned company but with the light itself still made
          in Taiwan.  So, I purchased a blue pilot light at about 5
          times the cost of my original red or orange unit (that also
          came 2 to a pack) and found there was a difference.  The
          difference is that the blue lens is multi-faced like the pilot
          light in the speedo but my original Barjan pilot lights are
          round and smooth.  I don't want to purchase a pair of new LED
          red and orange bulbs to get similar multi-faced finishes if I
          can help it, but would rather find a smooth blue unit.  So
          anyone happen across any of the older style Blue (maybe
          purple?) Barjan pilot lights?  </div>
        <div> </div>
        <div>Thanks</div>
        <div> </div>
        <div>Daniel</div>
      </font>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">------------------------

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------050704030504020507080208--

--===============4856760034834284386==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============4856760034834284386==--

---

From: Billy Zoom via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 19:14:35 -0700

> Find similar music amp supply shop over there or a good music store.

Those are just the glass jewels. They screw into a specific fixture that's
nothing like what he needs.

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 15:07:41 -0400

--===============3247404281499637036==

--part1_1b6102.29487aa8.4294ccfc_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks, this is exactly what I want, with the smooth lens finish and I've  
purchased one complete with punitive postal costs.

In a message dated 25/05/2015 03:49:34 GMT Daylight Time, [email-masked] 
 writes:

Something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-Dash-Pilot-blue-INDICATOR-LIGHT-signal-Hot-Rat-R
od-/390354417309?hash=item5ae2efb69d&vxp=mtr

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 6:47 PM, WeslakeMonza1330---  via Spridgets 
<[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked]) > wrote:

Hi list,
 
At Sprite Rush 98 which was at the Embers Convention Centre (?),  Carlisle, 
PA, I crossed the busy main road (on foot) to browse the truck  stop shop.  
At least I think that was the shop relevant to this  e-mail.  I purchased 
some really neat red and orange pilot lights for  my Sprite of the 'Barjan' 
brand.  I still have the packaging (for off  road use only - oops to late to 
comply) and see that Barjan is from East  Molline, Illionois while the 
lights themselves are made in Taiwan.

Some internet and ebay searching produced just what I was looking for  
although the brand was LED technologies and an Australian owned company but  
with the light itself still made in Taiwan.  So, I purchased a blue  pilot 
light at about 5 times the cost of my original red or orange unit  (that also 
came 2 to a pack) and found there was a difference.  The  difference is that 
the blue lens is multi-faced like the pilot light in the  speedo but my 
original Barjan pilot lights are round and smooth.  I  don't want to purchase a 
pair of new LED red and orange bulbs to get similar  multi-faced finishes if 
I can help it, but would rather find a smooth blue  unit.  So anyone happen 
across any of the older style Blue (maybe  purple?) Barjan pilot lights?  
 
Thanks
 
Daniel

--part1_1b6102.29487aa8.4294ccfc_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17801"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR:=
 #000000"=20
bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7><FONT id=3Dr=
ole_document=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV>Thanks, this is exactly what I want, with the smooth lens finish and=
 I've=20
purchased one complete with punitive postal costs.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 25/05/2015 03:49:34 GMT Daylight Time, jdinnis@gma=
il.com=20
writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"=
><FONT=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3D=
Arial>
  <DIV dir=3Dltr>Something like this:<BR><A=20
  title=3Dhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-Dash-Pilot-blue-INDICATOR-LIGHT-sign=
al-Hot-Rat-Rod-/390354417309?hash=3Ditem5ae2efb69d&amp;vxp=3Dmtr=20
  href=3D"http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-Dash-Pilot-blue-INDICATOR-LIGHT-sign=
al-Hot-Rat-Rod-/390354417309?hash=3Ditem5ae2efb69d&amp;vxp=3Dmtr">http://w=
ww.ebay.com/itm/12v-Dash-Pilot-blue-INDICATOR-LIGHT-signal-Hot-Rat-Rod-/39=
0354417309?hash=3Ditem5ae2efb69d&amp;vxp=3Dmtr</A><BR></DIV>
  <DIV class=3Dgmail_extra><BR>
  <DIV class=3Dgmail_quote>On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 6:47 PM, WeslakeMonza13=
30---=20
  via Spridgets <SPAN dir=3Dltr>&lt;<A title=3Dmailto:[email-masked]=
.net=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=20
  target=3D_blank>[email-masked]</A>&gt;</SPAN> wrote:<BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dgmail_quote=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc=
 1px solid"><U></U>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000"><FO=
NT=20
    color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
    <DIV>Hi list,</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>At Sprite Rush 98 which was at the Embers Convention Centre (?),=
=20
    Carlisle, PA, I crossed the busy main road (on foot) to browse the tru=
ck=20
    stop shop.&nbsp; At least I think that was the shop relevant to this=
=20
    e-mail.&nbsp; I purchased some really neat red and orange pilot lights=
 for=20
    my Sprite of the 'Barjan' brand.&nbsp; I still have the packaging (for=
 off=20
    road use only - oops to late to comply) and see that Barjan is from Ea=
st=20
    Molline, Illionois while the lights themselves are made in Taiwan.</DI=
V>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>The lights are very neat, very small and I always liked them.&nbs=
p; A=20
    pending possible electronic speedo conversion means I may need a blue=
 pilot=20
    light to mount in my dash.&nbsp; Hopefully not though because I don't=
 want=20
    to put a hole in the dash.&nbsp; UK legislation suggests that my 69 Sp=
rite=20
    may not need a blue pilot light to indicate that the headlights are on=
 high=20
    beam (rather than dipped) but I want to get a light anyway as a=20
    contingency/precautionary measure for the annual MOT.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Some internet and ebay searching produced just what I was looking=
 for=20
    although the brand was LED technologies and an Australian owned compan=
y but=20
    with the light itself still made in Taiwan.&nbsp; So, I purchased a bl=
ue=20
    pilot light at about 5 times the cost of my original red or orange uni=
t=20
    (that also came 2 to a pack) and found there was a difference.&nbsp;=
 The=20
    difference is that the blue lens is multi-faced like the pilot light=
 in the=20
    speedo but my original Barjan pilot lights are round and smooth.&nbsp;=
 I=20
    don't want to purchase a pair of new LED red and orange bulbs to get=
 similar=20
    multi-faced finishes if I can help it, but would rather find a smooth=
 blue=20
    unit.&nbsp; So anyone happen across any of the older style Blue (maybe=
=20
    purple?) Barjan pilot lights?&nbsp; </DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Thanks</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Daniel</DIV></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV></FONT></BLOCKQ=
UOTE></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>
--part1_1b6102.29487aa8.4294ccfc_boundary--

--===============3247404281499637036==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============3247404281499637036==--