Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Drilling holes in a Bugeye

From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:37:53 -0400

--===============7766980049193568446==

--001a1140f5d2c84bac051415985f

Hi Bob,
Did you get your answer? I think you need to put tape on the top side and
use a drill punch prior to drilling. Lets let the group confirm before you
try it. What do you think of that tonneau cover from that guy?
Lin

62 Sprite Deep Pink from California

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>  As I start to work on items on my long punch list on my new Bugeye, I am
> at the point of needing the phenomenal insight, experience, and helpfulness
> exhibited by members of this List. So, this is the first of what will
> probably be a lot of questions. My main concern is to not screw up and do
> something that I think will work, if you all know that it won't and have a
> better way. Here goes.
>
> The car came with a Healey hardtop and a set of side curtains. The Healey
> hardtop is about 2" taller than the BMC one. The Healey top requires
> bespoke side curtains while the standard side curtains fit the standard
> soft top and the BMC hardtop. My plan was to install a tonneau for the good
> seven months of weather here in GA and then use the hardtop and side
> curtains for the winter and not get a soft top and frame. Now I go to plan
> "B". If I can't find a set of Healey side curtains I may have to go to a
> frame and soft top for the winter. Anybody have any input on acquiring side
> curtains for a Healey hardtop?
>
> Anyway, I bought a Robbins tonneau (the long variety) from Bugeyeguy.com.
> Now I need to install the four Tenax  fasteners and the two twist fasteners
> on the rear deck. What is the best way to drill the holes without chipping
> or scratching my beautiful Speedwell Blue paint job? Is there any place
> that has the location dimensions for the holes or does it not matter as
> long as they line up with the holes I will put in the tonneau?. Once I
> decide the locations should I mark them on and then drill through masking
> tape? Center punch lightly? Drill a small hole and then enlarge it? Any
> other considerations or tips?
>
> All opinions are greatly appreciated.
>
> Bob Spruck
> Sharpsburg, GA
>
> '67 Midget vintage racer
> '72 Midget still awaiting its second restoration
> '61 (?) Bugeye restored, needing minor attention
> 6+ parts cars in my MG hospice
>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--001a1140f5d2c84bac051415985f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi Bob,<div>Did you get your answer? I think you need to p=
ut tape on the top side and use a drill punch prior to drilling. Lets let t=
he group confirm before you try it. What do you think of that tonneau cover=
 from that guy?=C2=A0</div><div>Lin</div><div><br></div><div>62 Sprite Deep=
 Pink from California</div><div><br></div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">=
<br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Bob Spruck=
 via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
.net" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF" text=3D"#000000">
    <font size=3D"+1"><font face=3D"Arial">As I start to work on items on m=
y
        long punch list on my new Bugeye, I am at the point of needing
        the phenomenal insight, experience, and helpfulness exhibited by
        members of this List. So, this is the first of what will
        probably be a lot of questions. My main concern is to not screw
        up and do something that I think will work, if you all know that
        it won&#39;t and have a better way. Here goes.<br>
        <br>
        The car came with a Healey hardtop and a set of side curtains.
        The Healey hardtop is about 2&quot; taller than the BMC one. The
        Healey top requires bespoke side curtains while the standard
        side curtains fit the standard soft top and the BMC hardtop. My
        plan was to install a tonneau for the good seven months of
        weather here in GA and then use the hardtop and side curtains
        for the winter and not get a soft top and frame. Now I go to
        plan &quot;B&quot;. If I can&#39;t find a set of Healey side curtai=
ns I may
        have to go to a frame and soft top for the winter. Anybody have
        any input on acquiring side curtains for a Healey hardtop?<br>
        <br>
        Anyway, I bought a Robbins tonneau (the long variety) from
        Bugeyeguy.com. Now I need to install the four Tenax=C2=A0 fasteners
        and the two twist fasteners on the rear deck. What is the best
        way to drill the holes without chipping or scratching my
        beautiful Speedwell Blue paint job? Is there any place that has
        the location dimensions for the holes or does it not matter as
        long as they line up with the holes I will put in the tonneau?.
        Once I decide the locations should I mark them on and then drill
        through masking tape? Center punch lightly? Drill a small hole
        and then enlarge it? Any other considerations or tips?<br>
        <br>
        All opinions are greatly appreciated.<br>
        <br>
        Bob Spruck<br>
        Sharpsburg, GA<br>
        <br>
        &#39;67 Midget vintage racer<br>
        &#39;72 Midget still awaiting its second restoration<br>
        &#39;61 (?) Bugeye restored, needing minor attention<br>
        6+ parts cars in my MG hospice <br>
      </font></font>
  </div>

<br>------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br=
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/o=
ptions/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&qu=
ot;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br>=
</div></div>
</div>

--001a1140f5d2c84bac051415985f--

--===============7766980049193568446==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7766980049193568446==--

---

From: Kirk Hargreaves via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:06:30 -0700

--===============5601777800513154916==

--bcaec51f9887013a0a05142ffbfa

Side curtains.

At the price Moss is asking for them I rebuilt mine with plexiglass from a
plexiglass shop.  It was easy to cut the shape and install.  I think from
Tap Plastics who have a brick and mortar in my area.

I was also able to get a slight tint  . . very slight.

Kirk

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>>  As I start to work on items on my long punch list on my new Bugeye, I
>> am at the point of needing the phenomenal insight, experience, and
>> helpfulness exhibited by members of this List. So, this is the first of
>> what will probably be a lot of questions. My main concern is to not screw
>> up and do something that I think will work, if you all know that it won't
>> and have a better way. Here goes.
>>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>
>

--bcaec51f9887013a0a05142ffbfa
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Side curtains. =C2=A0<div><br></div><div>At the price Moss=
 is asking for them I rebuilt mine with plexiglass from a plexiglass shop.=
=C2=A0 It was easy to cut the shape and install.=C2=A0 I think from Tap Pla=
stics who have a brick and mortar in my area. =C2=A0<div><br></div><div>I w=
as also able to get a slight tint =C2=A0. . very slight.=C2=A0</div><div><b=
r></div><div>Kirk=C2=A0</div></div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><di=
v class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Linda Grunthaner v=
ia Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
et" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><bl=
ockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #=
ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">Hi Bob,<div>Did you get your a=
nswer? I think you need to put tape on the top side and use a drill punch p=
rior to drilling. Lets let the group confirm before you try it. What do you=
 think of that tonneau cover from that guy?=C2=A0</div><div>Lin</div><div><=
br></div><div>62 Sprite Deep Pink from California</div><div><br></div></div=
><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div><div class=
=3D"h5">On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets <span di=
r=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank"=
>[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></div></div><blockquote =
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex"><div><div class=3D"h5">
 =20

   =20
 =20

<br></div></div>------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/o=
ptions/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888"><br><=
br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D=
"font-size:small">&quot;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III,=
 Spritenut</span><br></div></div>
</font></span></div>
<br>------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br=
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman=
/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--bcaec51f9887013a0a05142ffbfa--

--===============5601777800513154916==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============5601777800513154916==--

---

From: Bob Spruck via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:27:15 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7437623554503410832==
 boundary="------------020202060504090308090909"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020202060504090308090909
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Kirk:

Once I find a set of frames, I plan to fabricate replacement Plexiglas 
panels, the felts that the plexi slides on in the tracks and most likely 
the rubber that surrounds the whole thing. One problem is that the 
Healey hardtop uses a side curtain that is about 2" taller than the side 
curtain for the BMC hardtop and standard soft top. Therefore, a BMC side 
curtain replacement rubber kit won't have enough rubber to accommodate 
the added circumference that the Healey hardtop side curtain needs. So, 
I plan to find some suitable rubber and make my own.

Any body already solve this problem?

Bob

On 4/20/2015 7:06 PM, Kirk Hargreaves wrote:
> Side curtains.
>
> At the price Moss is asking for them I rebuilt mine with plexiglass 
> from a plexiglass shop.  It was easy to cut the shape and install.  I 
> think from Tap Plastics who have a brick and mortar in my area.
>
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets 
>
>     Hi Bob,
>     Did you get your answer? I think you need to put tape on the top
>     side and use a drill punch prior to drilling. Lets let the group
>     confirm before you try it. What do you think of that tonneau cover
>     from that guy?
>     Lin
>
>     On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets
>
>         As I start to work on items on my long punch list on my new
>         Bugeye, I am at the point of needing the phenomenal insight,
>         experience, and helpfulness exhibited by members of this List.
>         So, this is the first of what will probably be a lot of
>         questions. My main concern is to not screw up and do something
>         that I think will work, if you all know that it won't and have
>         a better way. Here goes.
>
>         The Healey hardtop is about 2" taller than the BMC one. The
>         side curtains fit the standard soft top and the BMC hardtop.
>         My plan was to install a tonneau for the good seven months of
>         plan "B". If I can't find a set of Healey side curtains I may
>         have to go to a frame and soft top for the winter. Anybody
>         have any input on acquiring side curtains for a Healey hardtop?
>
>         Bugeyeguy.com. Now I need to install the four Tenax  fasteners
>         beautiful Speedwell Blue paint job? Is there any place that
>         has the location dimensions for the holes or does it not
>         matter as long as they line up with the holes I will put in
>         the tonneau?. Once I decide the locations should I mark them
>         on and then drill through masking tape? Center punch lightly?
>         Drill a small hole and then enlarge it? Any other
>         considerations or tips?
>

--------------020202060504090308090909
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font size="+1"><font face="Arial">Kirk:<br>
        <br>
        Once I find a set of frames, I plan to fabricate replacement
        Plexiglas panels, the felts that the plexi slides on in the
        tracks and most likely the rubber that surrounds the whole
        thing. One problem is that the Healey hardtop uses a side
        curtain that is about 2" taller than the side curtain for the
        BMC hardtop and standard soft top. Therefore, a BMC side curtain
        replacement rubber kit won't have enough rubber to accommodate
        the added circumference that the Healey hardtop side curtain
        needs. So, I plan to find some suitable rubber and make my own.<br>
        <br>
        Any body already solve this problem?<br>
        <br>
        Bob<br>
      </font></font><br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/20/2015 7:06 PM, Kirk Hargreaves
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div dir="ltr">Side curtains.  
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>At the price Moss is asking for them I rebuilt mine with
          plexiglass from a plexiglass shop.  It was easy to cut the
          shape and install.  I think from Tap Plastics who have a brick
          and mortar in my area.  
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>I was also able to get a slight tint  . . very slight. </div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>Kirk </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div class="gmail_extra"><br>
        <div class="gmail_quote">On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Linda
          Grunthaner via Spridgets <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
              moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
          <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
            <div dir="ltr">Hi Bob,
              <div>Did you get your answer? I think you need to put tape
                on the top side and use a drill punch prior to drilling.
                Lets let the group confirm before you try it. What do
                you think of that tonneau cover from that guy? </div>
              <div>Lin</div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div>62 Sprite Deep Pink from California</div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
            </div>
            <div class="gmail_extra"><br>
              <div class="gmail_quote">
                <div>
                  <div class="h5">On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Bob
                    Spruck via Spridgets <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span>
                    wrote:<br>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
                  .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                  <div>
                    <div class="h5">
                      <div bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000"> <font
                          size="+1"><font face="Arial">As I start to
                            work on items on my long punch list on my
                            new Bugeye, I am at the point of needing the
                            phenomenal insight, experience, and
                            helpfulness exhibited by members of this
                            List. So, this is the first of what will
                            probably be a lot of questions. My main
                            concern is to not screw up and do something
                            that I think will work, if you all know that
                            it won't and have a better way. Here goes.<br>
                            <br>
                            The car came with a Healey hardtop and a set
                            of side curtains. The Healey hardtop is
                            about 2" taller than the BMC one. The Healey
                            top requires bespoke side curtains while the
                            standard side curtains fit the standard soft
                            top and the BMC hardtop. My plan was to
                            install a tonneau for the good seven months
                            of weather here in GA and then use the
                            hardtop and side curtains for the winter and
                            not get a soft top and frame. Now I go to
                            plan "B". If I can't find a set of Healey
                            side curtains I may have to go to a frame
                            and soft top for the winter. Anybody have
                            any input on acquiring side curtains for a
                            Healey hardtop?<br>
                            <br>
                            Anyway, I bought a Robbins tonneau (the long
                            variety) from Bugeyeguy.com. Now I need to
                            install the four Tenax  fasteners and the
                            two twist fasteners on the rear deck. What
                            is the best way to drill the holes without
                            chipping or scratching my beautiful
                            Speedwell Blue paint job? Is there any place
                            that has the location dimensions for the
                            holes or does it not matter as long as they
                            line up with the holes I will put in the
                            tonneau?. Once I decide the locations should
                            I mark them on and then drill through
                            masking tape? Center punch lightly? Drill a
                            small hole and then enlarge it? Any other
                            considerations or tips?<br>
                            <br>
                            All opinions are greatly appreciated.<br>
                            <br>
                            Bob Spruck<br>
                            Sharpsburg, GA<br>
                            <br>
                            '67 Midget vintage racer<br>
                            '72 Midget still awaiting its second
                            restoration<br>
                            '61 (?) Bugeye restored, needing minor
                            attention<br>
                            6+ parts cars in my MG hospice <br>
                          </font></font> </div>
                      <br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  ------------------------<br>
                  <br>
                  <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
                  <br>
                  Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                    target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                  Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
                  <br>
                  Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                  Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
                  Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]"
                    target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
                  <br>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
              <span class="HOEnZb"><font color="#888888"><br>
                  <br clear="all">
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  -- <br>
                  <div>
                    <div dir="ltr"><span style="font-size:small">"Pay if
                        forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III,
                        Spritenut</span><br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </font></span></div>
            <br>
            ------------------------<br>
            <br>
            <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
            <br>
            Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
            <br>
            Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]"
              target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
            <br>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------020202060504090308090909--

--===============7437623554503410832==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============7437623554503410832==--

---

From: Kirk Hargreaves via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:51:06 -0700

--===============6570050743156828349==

--001a11343b92ec11080514458e6a

My felt kept binding so I pulled it all out . . . the car runs great
though!

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Bob Spruck <[email-masked]> wrote:

> the rubber that surrounds the whole thing. One problem is that the Healey
> hardtop uses a side curtain that is about 2" taller than the side curtain
> for the BMC hardtop and standard soft top. Therefore, a BMC side curtain
> replacement rubber kit won't have enough rubber to accommodate the added
> circumference that the Healey hardtop side curtain needs. So, I plan to
> find some suitable rubber and make my own.
>
>  At the price Moss is asking for them I rebuilt mine with plexiglass from
> a plexiglass shop.  It was easy to cut the shape and install.  I think from
>>> The car came with a Healey hardtop and a set of side curtains. The
>>> Healey hardtop is about 2" taller than the BMC one. The Healey top requires
>>> Bugeyeguy.com. Now I need to install the four Tenax  fasteners and the two
>>> twist fasteners on the rear deck. What is the best way to drill the holes
>>> without chipping or scratching my beautiful Speedwell Blue paint job? Is
>>> there any place that has the location dimensions for the holes or does it
>>> not matter as long as they line up with the holes I will put in the
>>> tonneau?. Once I decide the locations should I mark them on and then drill
>>> through masking tape? Center punch lightly? Drill a small hole and then
>>> enlarge it? Any other considerations or tips?
>>>

--001a11343b92ec11080514458e6a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">My felt kept binding so I pulled it all out . . . the car =
runs great though! =C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D=
"gmail_quote">On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Bob Spruck <span dir=3D"ltr"=
>&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">raspruck@gmail=
.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"ma=
rgin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF" text=3D"#000000">
    <font size=3D"+1"><font face=3D"Arial">Kirk:<br>
        <br>
        Once I find a set of frames, I plan to fabricate replacement
        Plexiglas panels, the felts that the plexi slides on in the
        tracks and most likely the rubber that surrounds the whole
        thing. One problem is that the Healey hardtop uses a side
        curtain that is about 2&quot; taller than the side curtain for the
        BMC hardtop and standard soft top. Therefore, a BMC side curtain
        replacement rubber kit won&#39;t have enough rubber to accommodate
        the added circumference that the Healey hardtop side curtain
        needs. So, I plan to find some suitable rubber and make my own.<br>
        <br>
        Any body already solve this problem?<span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font co=
lor=3D"#888888"><br>
        <br>
        Bob<br>
      </font></span></font></font><div><div class=3D"h5"><br>
    <div>On 4/20/2015 7:06 PM, Kirk Hargreaves
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
      <div dir=3D"ltr">Side curtains. =C2=A0
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>At the price Moss is asking for them I rebuilt mine with
          plexiglass from a plexiglass shop.=C2=A0 It was easy to cut the
          shape and install.=C2=A0 I think from Tap Plastics who have a bri=
ck
          and mortar in my area. =C2=A0
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>I was also able to get a slight tint =C2=A0. . very slight.=
=C2=A0</div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>Kirk=C2=A0</div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br>
        <div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Linda
          Grunthaner via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt=
;</span>
          wrote:<br>
          <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;bord=
er-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
            <div dir=3D"ltr">Hi Bob,
              <div>Did you get your answer? I think you need to put tape
                on the top side and use a drill punch prior to drilling.
                Lets let the group confirm before you try it. What do
                you think of that tonneau cover from that guy?=C2=A0</div>
              <div>Lin</div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
              <div>62 Sprite Deep Pink from California</div>
              <div><br>
              </div>
            </div>
            <div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br>
              <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
                <div>
                  <div>On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Bob
                    Spruck via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"m=
ailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]<=
/a>&gt;</span>
                    wrote:<br>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                  <div>
                    <div>
                      <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF" text=3D"#000000"> <font size=
=3D"+1"><font face=3D"Arial">As I start to
                            work on items on my long punch list on my
                            new Bugeye, I am at the point of needing the
                            phenomenal insight, experience, and
                            helpfulness exhibited by members of this
                            List. So, this is the first of what will
                            probably be a lot of questions. My main
                            concern is to not screw up and do something
                            that I think will work, if you all know that
                            it won&#39;t and have a better way. Here goes.<=
br>
                            <br>
                            The car came with a Healey hardtop and a set
                            of side curtains. The Healey hardtop is
                            about 2&quot; taller than the BMC one. The Heal=
ey
                            top requires bespoke side curtains while the
                            standard side curtains fit the standard soft
                            top and the BMC hardtop. My plan was to
                            install a tonneau for the good seven months
                            of weather here in GA and then use the
                            hardtop and side curtains for the winter and
                            not get a soft top and frame. Now I go to
                            plan &quot;B&quot;. If I can&#39;t find a set o=
f Healey
                            side curtains I may have to go to a frame
                            and soft top for the winter. Anybody have
                            any input on acquiring side curtains for a
                            Healey hardtop?<br>
                            <br>
                            Anyway, I bought a Robbins tonneau (the long
                            variety) from Bugeyeguy.com. Now I need to
                            install the four Tenax=C2=A0 fasteners and the
                            two twist fasteners on the rear deck. What
                            is the best way to drill the holes without
                            chipping or scratching my beautiful
                            Speedwell Blue paint job? Is there any place
                            that has the location dimensions for the
                            holes or does it not matter as long as they
                            line up with the holes I will put in the
                            tonneau?. Once I decide the locations should
                            I mark them on and then drill through
                            masking tape? Center punch lightly? Drill a
                            small hole and then enlarge it? Any other
                            considerations or tips?<br>
                            <br>
                            All opinions are greatly appreciated.<br>
                            <br>
                            Bob Spruck<br>
                            Sharpsburg, GA<br>
                            <br>
                            &#39;67 Midget vintage racer<br>
                            &#39;72 Midget still awaiting its second
                            restoration<br>
                            &#39;61 (?) Bugeye restored, needing minor
                            attention<br>
                            6+ parts cars in my MG hospice <br>
                          </font></font> </div>
                      <br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  ------------------------<br>
                  <br>
                  <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_bl=
ank">[email-masked]</a><br>
                  <br>
                  Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                  Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
                  <br>
                  Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                  Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"=
_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
                  Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mail=
man/options/spridgets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
                  <br>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
              <span><font color=3D"#888888"><br>
                  <br clear=3D"all">
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  -- <br>
                  <div>
                    <div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&quot;=
Pay if
                        forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III,
                        Spritenut</span><br>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </font></span></div>
            <br>
            ------------------------<br>
            <br>
            <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">s=
[email-masked]</a><br>
            <br>
            Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_=
blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
            <br>
            Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_bla=
nk">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank=
">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/op=
tions/spridgets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
            <br>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div></div></div>

</blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a11343b92ec11080514458e6a--

--===============6570050743156828349==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============6570050743156828349==--

---

From: Bob Kitterer via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 14:00:55 -0700

--===============5410682848745158712==
 boundary="Apple-Mail=_A6C817DA-20D8-48D9-9986-8B9FEAC6F8BC"

--Apple-Mail=_A6C817DA-20D8-48D9-9986-8B9FEAC6F8BC
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Here is a trick for the felts that may help.

Measure the width of the track for the plexiglass, subtract the =
thickness of the plexi, divided by two then go to the fabric shop and =
get some black felt of that thickness.

Next cut the felt in to strips of the length of a track and wider than =
the total distance with in the track.

Put some adhesive in the track and use a scrap piece of plexi to press =
the felt in place, there should be extra above the track.  Run the =
scrape plexi back and forth to be sure of  a good bond.

After the adhesive has dried with the scape plexi in the track use a =
single edge razor blade or something similar to cut off the extra felt =
using the plexi as a backing for the blade to cut against.

I have done this on my side curtains and those of several friends and it =
works great, is cheap and easy.

Bob  and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2013 Miata

> On Apr 20, 2015, at 4:06 PM, Kirk Hargreaves via Spridgets =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Side curtains. =20
>=20
> At the price Moss is asking for them I rebuilt mine with plexiglass =
from a plexiglass shop.  It was easy to cut the shape and install.  I =
think from Tap Plastics who have a brick and mortar in my area. =20
>=20
> I was also able to get a slight tint  . . very slight.=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_A6C817DA-20D8-48D9-9986-8B9FEAC6F8BC
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Here is a trick for the felts that may help.<div class=3D""><br=
 class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Measure the width of the track for the =
plexiglass, subtract the thickness of the plexi, divided by two then go =
to the fabric shop and get some black felt of that thickness.</div><div =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Next cut the felt in to =
strips of the length of a track and wider than the total distance with =
in the track.</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">Put some adhesive in the track and use a scrap piece of plexi =
to press the felt in place, there should be extra above the track. =
&nbsp;Run the scrape plexi back and forth to be sure of &nbsp;a good =
bond.</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">After =
the adhesive has dried with the scape plexi in the track use a single =
edge razor blade or something similar to cut off the extra felt using =
the plexi as a backing for the blade to cut against.</div><div =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">I have done this on my =
side curtains and those of several friends and it works great, is cheap =
and easy.</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""><div apple-content-edited=3D"true" class=3D"">
<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: =
0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: =
normal; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px; font-size: 14px;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><div class=3D""><div class=3D""><div class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">Bob &nbsp;and Dolores<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">1960 =
Austin Healey Sprite&nbsp;(Mk IV in disguise)<br class=3D"">1966 Austin =
Healey Sprite Mk&nbsp;III (Trevor) - still in =
boxes</div></div></div></div><div class=3D"">2013 =
Miata</div></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></spa=
n></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span></div></span>
</div>
<br class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On Apr 20, 2015, at 4:06 PM, Kirk Hargreaves via Spridgets =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><div dir=3D"ltr" =
class=3D"">Side curtains. &nbsp;<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">At the price Moss is asking for them I rebuilt mine with =
plexiglass from a plexiglass shop.&nbsp; It was easy to cut the shape =
and install.&nbsp; I think from Tap Plastics who have a brick and mortar =
in my area. &nbsp;<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">I =
was also able to get a slight tint &nbsp;. . very =
slight.&nbsp;</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div></div></div></div></blockquote></div><br =
class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_A6C817DA-20D8-48D9-9986-8B9FEAC6F8BC--

--===============5410682848745158712==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============5410682848745158712==--