Subject: [Spridgets] voltage blues

From: Michael Rowe via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:43:33 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0310868305337650678==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_0XplHbYUYpfs9Eq17zqY2w)"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--Boundary_(ID_0XplHbYUYpfs9Eq17zqY2w)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

The Bugeyed Midget (1275) is running flawlessly, but struggling to turn over.  I cleaned up all the starter connections (one was a little loose) with no change.  I jumped the battery to another car not running, with no change.  I started the other car, and the additional voltage did the trick.  Where am I loosing voltage -  the solenoid?  Can the starter, itself, loose voltage internally?  Is it safe to jump the starter directly to the battery?

Michael Rowe
'74 Bugeyed  Midget

--Boundary_(ID_0XplHbYUYpfs9Eq17zqY2w)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 9.00.8112.16636">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>The Bugeyed Midget (1275) is running flawlessly, but 
struggling to turn over.&nbsp; I cleaned up all the starter connections (one was 
a little loose) with no change.&nbsp; I jumped the battery&nbsp;to another car 
not running, with no change.&nbsp; I started the other car, and the additional 
voltage did the trick.&nbsp; Where am I loosing voltage -&nbsp; the 
solenoid?&nbsp; Can the starter, itself, loose voltage internally?&nbsp; Is it 
safe to jump the starter directly to the battery?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Michael Rowe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>'74 Bugeyed&nbsp; Midget</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_0XplHbYUYpfs9Eq17zqY2w)--

--===============0310868305337650678==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0310868305337650678==--

---

From: Billy Zoom via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:03:52 -0700

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--===============3661343467445360990==
	boundary="B_3512455433_82014"

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--B_3512455433_82014
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Possibly a combination of weak starter, weak battery, and weak connections.
These can be hard to diagnose because no single element will test bad by
itself. Clean all the connections well and try a different battery. If you
have the starter out of the car and connect it to a battery with jumper
cables, it should really jump. 

--B_3512455433_82014
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Spridgets] voltage blues</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:14.0p=
x'>Possibly a combination of weak starter, weak battery, and weak connection=
s. These can be hard to diagnose because no single element will test bad by =
itself. Clean all the connections well and try a different battery. If you h=
ave the starter out of the car and connect it to a battery with jumper cable=
s, it should really jump. </SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3512455433_82014--

--===============3661343467445360990==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============3661343467445360990==--