Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings

From: Patrick Casey via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 21:13:12 -1000

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============8792929047572039715==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00C3_01D026D0.EB704180"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01D026D0.EB704180
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks for the kinds words, Steve-  You're right, those parts I got from =
you went on to the Bugeye-  It's great having so many parts now =
available for this 54 year old car!! (not quite as old as me though!!!)

=20

Thanks for the marketing tip too-  I never had much faith in EB for =
selling a complete car, although I have bought a lot of parts there.

=20

Patrick

=20

From: Steve Christiansen [mailto:[email-masked]]=20
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2015 4:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings

=20

I can vouch for Patrick's car in some degree.  If it has all of the =
parts in it that he has purchased from Ol Phartz Partz, it is a very =
nice car. =20

=20

Shipping from the islands will add a fair amount of $$ to the final =
cost. Surely there must be a buyer at home that will pay the price. =
Bring a Trailer might give you the right audience to get the price you =
need if you have some time before it has to go to a new home.  E-Bay =
will get you nothing but whiners over shipping cost to the mainland. =20

=20

Steve Christiansen
Ol Phartz Partz
949-716-2569 Office
714-686-1236 Cell
www.olphartz.com
[email-masked]

=20

=20

  _____ =20

From: pcasey--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
To: Spridgets <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Friday, January 2, 2015 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings

Aloha all- My Bugeye and I will be out for a run to Aloha Stadium in =
Honolulu this Sunday- hopefully we will have a Sunday without rain, as =
I'm not keen on taking it out when it is wet.  We're going to a SCCA =
Solo event- I'll be sharing the competition driving chores in a =
supercharged MG Midget with its owner, and the Bugeye will be watching =
from the sidelines.

While I have your ears (eyes), I wanted to ask you folks for your =
recommendations. I'm almost finished with a complete =
restoration/renovation of this '60 Bugeye, it looks original on the =
outside- the body was stripped to bare metal and painted Old English =
White, new body chrome, and completely new interior- red vinyl w/white =
piping (from AH Spares), new top bows, decent vinyl top, and brand new =
side curtains and fittings.  I've updated the suspension (the front =
spindles/hubs have PROPERLY set up roller bearings), and MKII brakes on =
all 4 corners.  I've replaced the 948 with a "period appearing" freshly =
rebuilt 1275 (w/HS2 SUs on an alloy head), a rib case with new layshaft, =
laygear, and bearings, a 3.9:1 diff with Huffaker rear axles, and five =
Minator 13x5 wheels with new tires.  It's clean, strong, looks fresh off =
the assembly line, and is a hoot to drive, with the 1275 giving it a =
rejuvenated snap the 948 lacked. =20

I have too many projects in my job jar, not enough room in my garage, =
and I have to find a new home for it- I would like to ask for your =
individual and collective advice what's the best way to find an =
appreciative new owner?  Finding one here in Hawaii is problematic, as =
most of the LBC crowd here are like me: looking to find the neglected =
orphan with potential to be turned into a Princess.  Should I try to =
sell it myself on the usual sites, C.L., BAT, E.B., or would it be wiser =
to ship it off to a reputable exotic car house on concession? Any =
thoughts/advice would be appreciated!  In the next few days I hope to =
post some of the photos taken during, and after, the renovation, and =
invite you all to have a look.

Happy New Year to you all!

Patrick
Kailua, HI

---- Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]> wrote:=20
> Top down, I hope.  :-)

Sent from my keyboard

> On Jan 2, 2015, at 7:26 PM, Jeff Kelly via Spridgets =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Hi Peter and all Sridgteers,
> Temp in the mid-30's sunshine so I took the Bugeye for a short drive =
to the Sec. of State (SOS) to renew plates.
> Tomorrow is supposed to have rain, ice and snow, so that=E2=80=99s the =
total end of this seasons driving the Bugeye.
> Jeff Kelly
>=20
> -----Original Message----- From: Peter Caldwell via Spridgets
> Sent: Friday, January 02, 2015 12:44 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings
>=20
> I was thinking about this list yesterday during a drive.... about how
> slow it's been, how so few people seem to post, and about those who
> are no longer on the list, for various reasons.
>=20
> I was prompted by an exit in Minneapolis for "Pilot Knob Rd.", I =
guess.
>=20
> Hope you all had happy celebrations and Spritely hopes for the coming =
year.
>=20
>=20
> Peter C
>=20
> ------------------------
>=20
> [email-masked]
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]=20
> ------------------------
>=20
> [email-masked]
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

=20

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

=20

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4794 / Virus Database: 4253/8857 - Release Date: =
01/02/15

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01D026D0.EB704180
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
<!--[if !mso]>
<style>
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style>
<![endif]-->
<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Helvetica;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Garamond;
	panose-1:2 2 4 4 3 3 1 1 8 3;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
  <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'>Thanks for the kinds words, Steve- =C2=A0You're right, =
those parts I
got from you went on to the Bugeye-=C2=A0 It's great having so many =
parts now
available for this 54 year old car!! (not quite as old as me =
though!!!)<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'>Thanks for the marketing tip too-=C2=A0 I never had much =
faith in EB
for selling a complete car, although I have bought a lot of parts =
there.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:#1F497D'>Patrick<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><a name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span=
></a></p>

<div>

<div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt =
0in 0in 0in'>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Steve =
Christiansen
[mailto:[email-masked]] <br>
<b>Sent:</b> Friday, January 02, 2015 4:53 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings<o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>

<div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;
font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black'>I can vouch for =
Patrick's car
in some degree.&nbsp; If it has all of the parts in it that he has =
purchased
from Ol Phartz Partz, it is a very nice car.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";
color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";
color:black'>Shipping from the islands will add a fair amount of $$ to =
the
final cost. Surely there must be a buyer at home that will pay the =
price. Bring
a Trailer might give you the right audience to get the price you need if =
you
have some time before it has to go to a new home.&nbsp; E-Bay will get =
you
nothing but whiners over shipping cost to the mainland.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;
font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span=
></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><i><span =
style=3D'font-size:13.5pt;
font-family:"Garamond","serif";color:black'>Steve Christiansen<br>
</span></i><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif";
color:black'>Ol Phartz Partz<br>
949-716-2569 Office<br>
714-686-1236 Cell<br>
www.olphartz.com<br>
[email-masked]</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";
color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;
font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span=
></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;
font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span=
></p>

</div>

<div>

<div>

<div>

<div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'text-align:center;background:white'><span
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black=
'>

<hr size=3D1 width=3D"100%" align=3Dcenter>

</span></div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>From:</span></b><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black'>
pcasey--- via Spridgets &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>To:</b> Spridgets &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>
<b>Sent:</b> Friday, January 2, 2015 6:32 PM<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings</span><span
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black=
'><o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;
font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black'><br>
Aloha all- My Bugeye and I will be out for a run to Aloha Stadium in =
Honolulu
this Sunday- hopefully we will have a Sunday without rain, as I'm not =
keen on
taking it out when it is wet.&nbsp; We're going to a SCCA Solo event- =
I'll be
sharing the competition driving chores in a supercharged MG Midget with =
its
owner, and the Bugeye will be watching from the sidelines.<br>
<br>
While I have your ears (eyes), I wanted to ask you folks for your
recommendations. I'm almost finished with a complete =
restoration/renovation of
this '60 Bugeye, it looks original on the outside- the body was stripped =
to
bare metal and painted Old English White, new body chrome, and =
completely new
interior- red vinyl w/white piping (from AH Spares), new top bows, =
decent vinyl
top, and brand new side curtains and fittings.&nbsp; I've updated the
suspension (the front spindles/hubs have PROPERLY set up roller =
bearings), and
MKII brakes on all 4 corners.&nbsp; I've replaced the 948 with a =
&quot;period
appearing&quot; freshly rebuilt 1275 (w/HS2 SUs on an alloy head), a rib =
case
with new layshaft, laygear, and bearings, a 3.9:1 diff with Huffaker =
rear
axles, and five Minator 13x5 wheels with new tires.&nbsp; It's clean, =
strong,
looks fresh off the assembly line, and is a hoot to drive, with the 1275 =
giving
it a rejuvenated snap the 948 lacked.&nbsp; <br>
<br>
I have too many projects in my job jar, not enough room in my garage, =
and I
have to find a new home for it- I would like to ask for your individual =
and
collective advice what's the best way to find an appreciative new =
owner?&nbsp;
Finding one here in Hawaii is problematic, as most of the LBC crowd here =
are
like me: looking to find the neglected orphan with potential to be =
turned into
a Princess.&nbsp; Should I try to sell it myself on the usual sites, =
C.L., BAT,
E.B., or would it be wiser to ship it off to a reputable exotic car =
house on
concession? Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!&nbsp; In the next =
few
days I hope to post some of the photos taken during, and after, the =
renovation,
and invite you all to have a look.<br>
<br>
Happy New Year to you all!<br>
<br>
Patrick<br>
Kailua, HI<br>
<br>
<br>
---- Rick Fisk via Spridgets &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=

wrote: <br>
&gt; Top down, I hope.&nbsp; :-)<br>
<br>
Sent from my keyboard<br>
<br>
&gt; On Jan 2, 2015, at 7:26 PM, Jeff Kelly via Spridgets &lt;<a
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
 wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hi Peter and all Sridgteers,<br>
&gt; Temp in the mid-30's sunshine so I took the Bugeye for a short =
drive to
the Sec. of State (SOS) to renew plates.<br>
&gt; Tomorrow is supposed to have rain, ice and snow, so that=E2=80=99s =
the total end
of this seasons driving the Bugeye.<br>
&gt; Jeff Kelly<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; -----Original Message----- From: Peter Caldwell via Spridgets<br>
&gt; Sent: Friday, January 02, 2015 12:44 PM<br>
&gt; To: <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>=

&gt; Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I was thinking about this list yesterday during a drive.... about =
how<br>
&gt; slow it's been, how so few people seem to post, and about those =
who<br>
&gt; are no longer on the list, for various reasons.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I was prompted by an exit in Minneapolis for &quot;Pilot Knob =
Rd.&quot;, I
guess.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hope you all had happy celebrations and Spritely hopes for the =
coming
year.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Peter C<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; ------------------------<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>=

&gt; <br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/jeffsbugeye@gmail=
.com"
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/jeffsbu=
[email-masked]
</a><br>
&gt; ------------------------<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>=

&gt; <br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@chartermi.=
net"
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@=
chartermi.net</a><br>
------------------------<br>
<br>
<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>=

<br>
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked].=
com"
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/pcasey@=
hawaii.rr.com</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt;background:white'><span
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black=
'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

</div>

<div id=3Dyqtfd10409>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;
font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black'><br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------<br>
<br>
<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>=

<br>
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]"=

target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/schris5=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></span></p>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt;background:white'><span
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:black=
'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>No
virus found in this message.<br>
Checked by AVG - <a href=3D"http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
Version: 2014.0.4794 / Virus Database: 4253/8857 - Release Date: =
01/02/15<o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01D026D0.EB704180--

--===============8792929047572039715==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8792929047572039715==--

---

From: Patrick Casey via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 07:53:44 -1000

Good morning Michael,  I'll look forward to meeting you and your family!  We have a friendly British Car Club of Hawaii here, mainly on Oahu, that hosts some fun activities over the year: monthly meetings and socials, an annual British Car Day, and a Christmas Party- we have 50-70 fairly active members, and another 150 that are out there, but we don't see much of.  John Sprinzel, famous for his '50s Bugeye and BMC rally and racing, lives on one of the neighboring islands, and comes to Oahu now and again to regale us with stories of his rallying.  We'll be happy to see another Bugeye out and about- there are not many here, but they always get smiles and shakas.

Cheers!

Patrick
Kailua, HI
(808) 292-7468 cell

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Rowe [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2015 3:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings

Hi Patrick,

We have recently retired, renovated the family home in Honolulu, and plan to 
move there with our '60 Bugeye within a year.  I did not know there were any 
Bugeyes on Oahu.  Let's keep in touch

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite
'74 Bugeyed Midget

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "pcasey--- via Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
To: "Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2015 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings

> Aloha all- My Bugeye and I will be out for a run to Aloha Stadium in 
> Honolulu this Sunday- hopefully we will have a Sunday without rain, as I'm 
> not keen on taking it out when it is wet.  We're going to a SCCA Solo 
> event- I'll be sharing the competition driving chores in a supercharged MG 
> Midget with its owner, and the Bugeye will be watching from the sidelines.
>
> recommendations. I'm almost finished with a complete 
> restoration/renovation of this '60 Bugeye, it looks original on the 
> outside- the body was stripped to bare metal and painted Old English 
> White, new body chrome, and completely new interior- red vinyl w/white 
> piping (from AH Spares), new top bows, decent vinyl top, and brand new 
> side curtains and fittings.  I've updated the suspension (the front 
> spindles/hubs have PROPERLY set up roller bearings), and MKII brakes on 
> all 4 corners.  I've replaced the 948 with a "period appearing" freshly 
> rebuilt 1275 (w/HS2 SUs on an alloy head), a rib case with new layshaft, 
> laygear, and bearings, a 3.9:1 diff with Huffaker rear axles, and five 
> Minator 13x5 wheels with new tires.  It's clean, strong, looks fresh off 
> the assembly line, and is a hoot to drive, with the 1275 giving it a 
> rejuvenated snap the 948 lacked.
>
> I have too many projects in my job jar, not enough room in my garage, and 
> I have to find a new home for it- I would like to ask for your individual 
> and collective advice what's the best way to find an appreciative new 
> owner?  Finding one here in Hawaii is problematic, as most of the LBC 
> crowd here are like me: looking to find the neglected orphan with 
> potential to be turned into a Princess.  Should I try to sell it myself on 
> the usual sites, C.L., BAT, E.B., or would it be wiser to ship it off to a 
> reputable exotic car house on concession? Any thoughts/advice would be 
> appreciated!  In the next few days I hope to post some of the photos taken 
> during, and after, the renovation, and invite you all to have a look.
>
> ---- Rick Fisk via Spridgets <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Top down, I hope.  :-)
>
> Sent from my keyboard
>
>> On Jan 2, 2015, at 7:26 PM, Jeff Kelly via Spridgets 
>> Temp in the mid-30's sunshine so I took the Bugeye for a short drive to 
>> the Sec. of State (SOS) to renew plates.
>> Tomorrow is supposed to have rain, ice and snow, so that�s the total end 
>> of this seasons driving the Bugeye.
>> Jeff Kelly
>>
>> I was prompted by an exit in Minneapolis for "Pilot Knob Rd.", I guess.
>>
>> Hope you all had happy celebrations and Spritely hopes for the coming 
>> year.
>>
>>
>> Peter C
>>
>> ------------------------
>>
>> [email-masked]
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>> ------------------------
>>
>> [email-masked]
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
> 

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4794 / Virus Database: 4253/8859 - Release Date: 01/03/15

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]