Subject: [Spridgets] A Paul A Morris Minor

From: David Lieb via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:14:57 -0600

--===============4981563978300912917==

--001a1134e3fe472798050c9d5de0

Today's Hemmings email had an article about a Morris Minor Million to be
auctioned off by RM. Once belonged to Paul A.
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/01/13/rare-1961-morris-minor-million-heads-to-auction-in-arizona/?refer=news
David L

--001a1134e3fe472798050c9d5de0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Today&#39;s Hemmings email had an article about a Mor=
ris Minor Million to be auctioned off by RM. Once belonged to Paul A.</div>=
<div><a href=3D"http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/01/13/rare-1961-mor=
ris-minor-million-heads-to-auction-in-arizona/?refer=3Dnews">http://blog.he=
mmings.com/index.php/2015/01/13/rare-1961-morris-minor-million-heads-to-auc=
tion-in-arizona/?refer=3Dnews</a></div><div>David L</div></div>

--001a1134e3fe472798050c9d5de0--

--===============4981563978300912917==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4981563978300912917==--

---

From: Ron Soave via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 07:47:10 -0800

So this made me look... 15 years ago tomorrow, Frank, Peter, Paul and I met for lunch. Paul called me from Oregon to tell me a Morris owner in Chicago was flying him in to work on his car, and he thought he'd have an extra half-day. Frank called me, opening the conversation with "I need a road trip NOW." In the "I'll buy, you fly" spirit we had, Frank and I split the cost of an airline ticket and he flew out. Peter came down from Madison, and we had a memorable time spending the afternoon in Elgin at a forgettable McChilibee's talking LBCs, drinking a few beers and watching the attendees of bridal exposition in the attached hotel lobby. Hard to believe only half of the attendees are still around, and I can't remember the last time we wrenched on a car together. Need to change that. 

Ron Soave
Roscoe, IL

"It only goes one way."
"Pay it forward."

--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 1/14/15, Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A Paul A Morris Minor
 To: "Ron Soave" <[email-masked]>, "David Lieb" <[email-masked]>
 Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
 Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 9:17 AM
 
 hmmmmmmmmmm....
 
 thanks      Paul was going
 to get around to it......
 
          Peter C
 =
 At 08:40 AM 1/14/2015, Ron
 Soave via Spridgets wrote:
 >That's a
 great story with lots of list content!!!
 >Ron Soave
 >On Jan 14, 2015, at
 8:14 AM, David Lieb via Spridgets 
 wrote:
 >>Today's
 Hemmings email had an article about a Morris Minor Million
 
 >>to be auctioned off by RM. Once
 belonged to Paul A.
 >><http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/01/13/rare-1961-morris-minor-million-heads-to-auction-in-arizona/?refer=news>http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/01/13/rare-1961-morris-minor-million-heads-to-auction-in-arizona/?refer=news
 >>David L

------------------------

[email-masked]

utox.team.net

---

From: Rick Bastedo via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:21:38 -0800

--===============3490534501748912674==

--bcaec51d20f40c7541050ca1a673

I really enjoyed talks with Paul, he was a heck of a good guy.
Last time I saw the car was there in his shop, right as it sat in that
second picture, except it had a few more "things" sitting on it and a lot
more dust.
Had to look through it and the rest of the shop for parts and pieces and
try and help label stuff for his family.
It's really nice to see the car restored, I have thought about that car
from time to time and wondered what happened to it.

Rick (need to label some of my own stuff) Bastedo

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:14:57 -0600

> From: David Lieb <[email-masked]>
> To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Spridgets] A Paul A Morris Minor
>

--bcaec51d20f40c7541050ca1a673
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div>I really enjoyed talks with Paul, he w=
as a heck of a good guy.<br></div>Last time I saw the car was there in his =
shop, right as it sat in that second picture, except it had a few more &quo=
t;things&quot; sitting on it and a lot more dust.<br></div>Had to look thro=
ugh it and the rest of the shop for parts and pieces and try and help label=
 stuff for his family.<br></div>It&#39;s really nice to see the car restore=
d, I have thought about that car from time to time and wondered what happen=
ed to it.<br><br></div>Rick (need to label some of my own stuff) Bastedo<br=
><br><div><div><div><div><div><br>Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:14:57 -0600<br>=
<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-=
left:1ex">
From: David Lieb &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">72spridget@gma=
il.com</a>&gt;<br>
To: &quot;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked].=
net</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">spridgets@aut=
ox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: [Spridgets] A Paul A Morris Minor<br>
<br>
Today&#39;s Hemmings email had an article about a Morris Minor Million to b=
e<br>
auctioned off by RM. Once belonged to Paul A.<br>
<a href=3D"http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/01/13/rare-1961-morris-m=
inor-million-heads-to-auction-in-arizona/?refer=3Dnews" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/01/13/rare-1961-morris-minor-million=
-heads-to-auction-in-arizona/?refer=3Dnews</a><br>
David L<br></blockquote></div><br></div></div></div></div></div></div></div=

--bcaec51d20f40c7541050ca1a673--

--===============3490534501748912674==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============3490534501748912674==--