Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings

From: "bmwwxman . via Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 13:31:29 -0600

--===============8885670518414011128==

--001a11c2fe462c74a9050bb063fa
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Many of the lists I belong to have slowed markedly.  It seems to correspond
closely to Spridget lists popping up on Facebook.  Those pages (Facebook)
appear to be quite active and I see many of the people there who used to
(and maybe still do) hang out here.  I know of 2 email list serve lists
that have closed up shop because everyone moved to facebook.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 1:00 PM, tmheffron via Spridgets <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm still lurking on the list; don't post much but i read all of it. It's
> still entertaining but i admit it doesn't make me shoot beer out my nose
> like it used to. TuTone
>
>
> Sent from my Galaxy S=C2=AEIII
>
>
> -------- Original message --------
> From: Peter Caldwell via Spridgets
> Date:01/02/2015 12:44 PM (GMT-06:00)
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings
>
> I was thinking about this list yesterday during a drive.... about how
> slow it's been, how so few people seem to post, and about those who
> are no longer on the list, for various reasons.
>
> I was prompted by an exit in Minneapolis for "Pilot Knob Rd.", I guess.
>
> Hope you all had happy celebrations and Spritely hopes for the coming yea=
r.
>
>
> Peter C
>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>
>

--=20
Cheers!!
Jim Johnson
High Plains Youth Hockey <http://www.highplainsyouthhockey.org>
Dodge City Trail of Fame <http://www.DodgeCityTrailofFame.org>
Electronic Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology <http://www.EJSSM.org>

*"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they
look forward to the trip."*

*Winston Churchill*

--001a11c2fe462c74a9050bb063fa
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Many of the lists I belong to have slowed markedly.=C2=A0 =
It seems to correspond closely to Spridget lists popping up on Facebook.=C2=
=A0 Those pages (Facebook) appear to be quite active and I see many of the =
people there who used to (and maybe still do) hang out here.=C2=A0 I know o=
f 2 email list serve lists that have closed up shop because everyone moved =
to facebook. =C2=A0<div><br></div><div>Cheers!!<br>Jim =C2=A0</div></div><d=
iv class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Fri, Jan 2, 2015=
 at 1:00 PM, tmheffron via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&=
gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 =
0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div>I&#39;m still=
 lurking on the list; don&#39;t post much but i read all of it. It&#39;s st=
ill entertaining but i admit it doesn&#39;t make me shoot beer out my nose =
like it used to. TuTone</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div style=
=3D"font-size:9px;color:#575757">Sent from my Galaxy S=C2=AEIII</div></div>=
<span class=3D""><br><br><div>-------- Original message --------</div><div>=
From: Peter Caldwell via Spridgets <u></u> </div><div>Date:01/02/2015  12:4=
4 PM  (GMT-06:00) </div><div>To: <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> </div><div>Subject: Re: [S=
pridgets] Season&#39;s Greetings </div><div><br></div>I was thinking about =
this list yesterday during a drive.... about how <br>slow it&#39;s been, ho=
w so few people seem to post, and about those who <br>are no longer on the =
list, for various reasons.<br><br>I was prompted by an exit in Minneapolis =
for &quot;Pilot Knob Rd.&quot;, I guess.<br><br>Hope you all had happy cele=
brations and Spritely hopes for the coming year.<br><br><br>Peter C<br><br>=
------------------------<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
 target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"h=
ttp://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donat=
e.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a href=3D"=
/a><br>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://www.team.net/forums</a><br></span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_bla=
nk">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><b=
r></div><br>------------------------<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br=
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/opt=
ions/spridgets/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br></blockquote></div><br><br clear=3D"all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Cheers!!<br>Jim Johnson<br><a href=
=3D"http://www.highplainsyouthhockey.org" target=3D"_blank">High Plains You=
th Hockey</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.DodgeCityTrailofFame.org" target=3D"=
_blank">Dodge City Trail of Fame </a><br><a href=3D"http://www.EJSSM.org" t=
arget=3D"_blank">Electronic Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology</a><br><br=
><font color=3D"black" face=3D"arial"><font color=3D"black" face=3D"arial">=
<font color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial"><font style=3D"background-color:tran=
sparent" color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial"><font color=3D"#000000" face=3D"A=
rial"><div><u>&quot;<font size=3D"3"><b>Tact is the ability to tell someone=
 to go to=20
  hell in such a way that they look forward to the=20
  trip.&quot;</b></font></u></div>

 =20

<div><font size=3D"3"><b></b></font>=C2=A0</div>

 =20

<div><font size=3D"3" color=3D"#008000"><b>Winston=20
Churchill</b></font></div></font></font></font></font></font><br><div style=
=3D"display:inline"></div><div style=3D"display:inline"></div><div style=3D=
"display:inline"></div></div></div>
</div>

--001a11c2fe462c74a9050bb063fa--

--===============8885670518414011128==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8885670518414011128==--

---

From: Bill L via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 15:25:43 -0800

Hello bmwwxman,

     I don't have a Faceboor account at all. Never have. Many
     businesses now only list contact thru Facebook, and those I don't
     do business with at all. ..

     Happy Holidays to All...

-- 
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:[email-masked]
 
 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"
 
  Every time I lose weight, it finds me again!

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Soave via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 19:13:37 -0600

I will stand up as the society busting pariah who started the facebook Spridgets page, now with just shy of 300 members. It was hardly initiated as a divisive entity. It is nowhere near as close to my heart as this list has been, but guys and gals, when young people come out to the races to watch the Spridgets, more than once I have been told we were found on social media. We've got a few now building street and race cars out of Abingdon cars they didn't know existed 2 years ago. It goes quiet at times, and is definitely more visual than "verbal", which is how our ADHD society is to some extent these days. I still read paper / ink books and am spinning Jack White on vinyl as I  type, but times is times. If you're on facebook and care to share your knowledge, wit and wisdom with some of the younger gens, all are welcome.   

Ron Soave

> On Jan 2, 2015, at 5:25 PM, Bill L via Spridgets <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello bmwwxman,
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Soave via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 19:18:57 -0600

Ron Soave

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Alkins via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 20:37:58 -0500 s=q20140121; t=1420249095; bh=4e6eRBQcYUChr2OUSkEkFV9zOP8ANKBfklgTJZEIB38=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=KOvoZv4BojqrIWvj/lkiIsSw53B5xwL0SuAz4tNg/XTb/uw15JLNyP9SVFxfJogT+ QPifvbZmC2ANpamsR3nxZ4PdrTlAlFbxzo7JiA38lte5DxueqC/U5Oc2C+2slPtOeY 1V6I1o2kuay7jyBlxcDvNQoPDTUAFPuPVJe4uBbBasroa4otuRqwaeNRbG594BTfc4 xfr2m5TzXCVa9aQvsh9hkxxOpXA6j1EvMesYiq+wGvIR18wNVMJ/N5ZeC/h5WNvzcC jjZLYKw0PUL/YuS9ns7bnKwXkcCg+jONy29qfmynBMGL002Al+uTnFLqwEBoLSrHoC 5yu2bLCQlL6gA==

I do fine FB to be a quick way to communicate about things and get out the 
word.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ron Soave via Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
To: "Bill L" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2015 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings

>I will stand up as the society busting pariah who started the facebook 
>Spridgets page, now with just shy of 300 members. It was hardly initiated 
>as a divisive entity. It is nowhere near as close to my heart as this list 
>has been, but guys and gals, when young people come out to the races to 
>watch the Spridgets, more than once I have been told we were found on 
>social media. We've got a few now building street and race cars out of 
>Abingdon cars they didn't know existed 2 years ago. It goes quiet at times, 
>and is definitely more visual than "verbal", which is how our ADHD society 
>is to some extent these days. I still read paper / ink books and am 
>spinning Jack White on vinyl as I  type, but times is times. If you're on 
>facebook and care to share your knowledge, wit and wisdom with some of the 
>younger gens, all are welcome.
>
> Ron Soave
>
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked] 

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Rowe via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 09:37:04 -0500

>Spridgets page, now with just shy of 300 members.

Our younger daughter is home from grad school in London for the holidays. 
She makes it clear that the social media sites are pretty much the only way 
to reach young people, and chastises us old fogies for not joining the 
mainstream.

Ironically, the reason we did not join Face book in the early days was 
because our children specifically asked us not to.  They did not want us 
"spying" on them.

Michael Rowe 

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Macy via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 10:54:19 -0500

Happy Holidays, to all the email list hating Facebook Fan Pariahs!! Well any method that keeps up interest in out LBC’s is of course good. It is just that I do not want a FB FacePalm, ever, so I am not a robot follower on FB. Not sure I ever will be, but the increase in Spridget attention on that demon of social identity robbing, thief of privacy, denizen of evil, is the most likely way for me to get there. Probably not gonna happen, but I was never tempted before. 

See ya all at [email-masked].

Oh ya, and my the new year be a damn sight better than the last one.

Larry

> On Jan 2, 2015, at 8:13 PM, Ron Soave via Spridgets <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

-- 

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
[email-masked]
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
Perelman School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

 - if this is not an Apple icon, you are using the wrong operating system 

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Alkins via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 11:11:01 -0500 s=q20140121; t=1420301493; bh=GNxQjEgoTz3QuRYzu5WkHbYDrhXzKtqegdxrCIawfXk=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=GPR7ynGeNDXggM6xRzPP4WBg1KOgqZQao4YQglrTY2gs1H9mEbRlFKTR44ZXpg49m 1bm9VPi+ReSlbMsUKzXJgPOr4535xo8sd6mWZvD1fSpovS6Pj1CdB2uX2HNay4Olxl 8rgnC8duFUpB5NTkcDUIkHR2O+2oyp8NX2sxvIVcWqehMdyfwpL47n58B+mV/6ks2v xyORY5lQYspdsY621kFAExlP2Bw6EkyOMj7w95Pnboq2fXLKZ24DoigdRGl7xef6B7 f9HvNEBq9C2aw2EuA/WgfbynDBuMlKPdkJotJ493PlaFBejoiYDxAya8Ntiywk0ymS bP/S1Fs+ae3qw==

You do realize just because you  are on FB you are not REQUIRED to look at 
it.  I have it set up to look at individual pages and not see a whole mess 
of stuff I am not interested in.  I call up Phil MG Club, AHSTC,or what ever 
I wish to look at.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Larry Macy via Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ron Soave" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Spridgets net" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2015 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings

> Happy Holidays, to all the email list hating Facebook Fan Pariahs!! Well 
> any method that keeps up interest in out LBC’s is of course good. It is 
> just that I do not want a FB FacePalm, ever, so I am not a robot follower 
> on FB. Not sure I ever will be, but the increase in Spridget attention on 
> that demon of social identity robbing, thief of privacy, denizen of evil, 
> is the most likely way for me to get there. Probably not gonna happen, but 
> I was never tempted before.
>
>> as a divisive entity. It is nowhere near as close to my heart as this 
>> list has been, but guys and gals, when young people come out to the races 
>> to watch the Spridgets, more than once I have been told we were found on 
>> Abingdon cars they didn't know existed 2 years ago. It goes quiet at 
>> times, and is definitely more visual than "verbal", which is how our ADHD 
>> society is to some extent these days. I still read paper / ink books and 
>> am spinning Jack White on vinyl as I  type, but times is times. If you're 
>> on facebook and care to share your knowledge, wit and wisdom with some of 
>> the younger gens, all are welcome.
>>
>> Ron Soave
>>
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>
>
> -- 
>
> Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
> [email-masked]

------------------------

[email-masked]