Subject: [Spridgets] NOS early (box sprite) door mechanism AHA7033 and AHA7034

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 16:15:27 -0500

Hi List,
 
Not a lot of activity unless AOL is filtering out a bunch of stuff.   So, 
here's a parts question.  I'm not really a NOS parts guy BUT currently  I'm 
trying to track down a pair of the early box Sprite/Midget door lock  
mechanisms- AHA7033 and AHA7034.  I've seen ebay USA has them now and again  but 
from venders who won't ship outside the USA.  So if anyone wants to bid  on 
one for me (after deciding what a sensible price is - and without several  
listers bidding for me on the same item....seen this in an old episode of Dad's 
 army) let me know.  Or, if someone has a really nice condition used lock  
that will also interest me.  Currently I do have a fairly worn right hand  
side mechanism.
 
So why I do I want a pair of early locks?  The plan is to retrofit the  
early lock and striker (I do have a pair of re-plated early strikers) because  
they weigh less than the later locks and I'm always looking to get the 
weight of  my Sprite down a bit more.
 
Finally, I realise the 3 holes of the later lock are not exactly in the  
same place as the early lock.  It seems always possible to get 2 out of any  3 
screws in place or maybe just 2 specific ones - it's been a while since I 
had  a look at this.  Anyone done this and recall which captive nut inside 
the  door they repositioned?
 
Thanks
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Martyn Ridley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:44:17 -0500

Perhaps a 'dumbe" question, but is the door mechanism not the same as on 
the Frogeye?  Those are readily available in you neck of the woods.

Happy Xmas, may Santa give you everything you want (except that which 
will jeopardize your marriage)
Martyn

PS:  read the above as enjoy the socks and party necktie.

On 12/21/2014 4:15 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 13:20:51 -0500

If not does anyone want to buy item 381052628396  for me and I'll paypal
them the cost and then  subsequently pay for shipping to the UK.

Or I could trade some parts but I don't think I have  anything that will
interest anyone.

Regards

Daniel

In a message dated 21/12/2014 22:24:34 GMT Standard Time, [email-masked]
writes:

Lets ask Peter, there may be one  you are looking for in Frankbs stuff.

Peter?? DO you  recall??

Larry
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: dwoerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:02:32 -0600

Sorry if you received this twice but I don't think it sent the first time.

If Peter/Frank can't find one I'll get the one on eBay and ship it to 
you Daniel.

Someone let me know before Santa comes!

Dave W.

59 :{)
59 MGA 1500
Burlington WI

On 12/22/2014 12:20 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
If not does anyone want to buy item 381052628396  for me and I'll paypal
them the cost and then  subsequently pay for shipping to the UK.

Regards

Daniel
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 17:08:45 -0500

The Frogeye doors had a completely different lock and striker plate to the  
later cars.  The later cars (box sprites) had a production change to a  
similar looking lock and striker plate but that weighed more. 
 
Given weight is the enemy of performance I'm always looking for ways to  
reduce the weight of my Sprite.

In a message dated 22/12/2014 21:32:47 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 17:14:49 -0500

Yes!  Paypal is waiting!

In a message dated 22/12/2014 20:33:19 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

The  seller of that item has both right and left mechanisms available.  Do 
you  want them both?

Sent from my  keyboard
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 03:25:40 -0500

No, my Sprite is a 69 and I want what I guess is about 67-68 locks so the  
AHA part numbers are correct.  The obvious identifying marks between the  
early and late locks is that the late locks are slightly larger and have a big 
Y  in the pressing.  The earlier locks are smooth.
 
As an aside my doors already have had retro-fitted the earlier quarterlight 
 catch (more 'roundy' and rarer than the later catch), and internal door 
release  levers.
 
Regards

Daniel

In a message dated 23/12/2014 01:52:41 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I  thought he wanted Bugeye door lock  mechanisms???
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 18:13:15 -0500

--===============0239724292851611698==

--part1_a8e3.55df05f8.41cb510b_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Many thanks but the e-bay ones have now been purchased for me so I'm all  
sorted.  'Course I need to work out fitting using my tatty spare!

In a message dated 22/12/2014 22:46:00 GMT Standard Time, [email-masked]  
writes:

Dave W.

59 :{)
59 MGA 1500
Burlington  WI

--part1_a8e3.55df05f8.41cb510b_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17496"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR:=
 #000000"=20
bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7><FONT id=3Dr=
ole_document=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV>Many thanks but the e-bay ones have now been purchased for me so I'm=
 all=20
sorted.&nbsp; 'Course I need to work out fitting using my tatty spare!</DI=
V>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 22/12/2014 22:46:00 GMT Standard Time, dwoerpel@wi=
.net=20
writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"=
><FONT=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3D=
Arial>Sorry if=20
  you received this twice but I don't think it sent the first=20
  time.<BR><BR><BR>If Peter/Frank can't find one I'll get the one on eBay=
 and=20
  ship it to <BR>you Daniel.<BR><BR>Someone let me know before Santa=20
  comes!<BR><BR>Dave W.<BR><BR>59 :{)<BR>59 MGA 1500<BR>Burlington=20
WI</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>
--part1_a8e3.55df05f8.41cb510b_boundary--

--===============0239724292851611698==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------------------------

[email-masked]

--===============0239724292851611698==--