Subject: [Spridgets] Corrosion protectors

From: Tim Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 13:23:18 -0500

Hi folks,

Yesterday I took the battery out of my Sprite to clean all around the 
battery tray and firewall. That area was a problem during the 
restoration in 2008 so I want to keep up with corrosion. I found the 
area to be in great shape. I cleaned up a little bit of dirt and dust 
and then gave the area a good wash with baking soda and water.

When I installed the battery in '08. I used some of those Christmas 
colored Terminal Corrosion Protectors. I don't know if they did a 
spectacular job of preventing corrosion or if the liberal dose of 
dielectric grease did the job - or both. Anyway, I got to wondering 
how long those terminal protectors last. I did pick up new protectors 
at the parts store today, but haven't been able to find any 
instructions that say how long they last. Checked the Internet and 
didn't find anything there.

Does anyone know how long terminal protectors are good for before 
they go terminal? (Autocraft Part # AC619)

Tim
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Billy Zoom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 16:48:08 -0800

I have one of those from Moss. It's too wide to fit in the Sprite. I'll sell
it cheap.
> http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29387&SortOrder
> =10&gclid=CKu9hJa5rcICFWFgMgodDA0Afw
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 22:58:14 GMT

Wait, There was a battery tray originally?

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward

Tongue is hurting so had to throw this out there for the "originality"
personalities.  The original battery tray was bakelite and isnt available
from
any supplier in the dimensions that fit a bugeye BUT if you order a BN2
battery tray from AH Spares ( hard phenolic resin closely resembling
bakelite)
and cut 1" out of the middle ( width not length) and then epoxy it back
together you can have an "original" looking battery tray :)

Leo
____________________________________________________________
What's your flood risk?
Find flood maps, interactive tools, FAQs, and agents in your area.
------------------------

[email-masked]