Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Starter

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 19:37:46 GMT

Not Sure about a Mitsi starter, but I've got an Isuzu Rodeo starter in my
MKII, I'm pretty sure it was the '87-90 models. It was a bolt in swap, but the
solenoid also rubbed on the passenger's footwell-until I pulled the engine
forward just a bit.
It cost me ~$70 and I can exchange it anywhere I can find a parts store.
Drawback is that its a PITA to get in and out past the oil filter housing
(canister type). The power feed connection is on the bottom, and the solenoid
connection is on the top, in case it matters.
HTH

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
AN5L8019
HAN6L12799

Someone mentioned a Mitsubishi starter that fits our engines.  Is that
somehow
better/different from the gear reduction starters Ron complains about?  Please
remind
me.

I have switched out my dead starter, but  stopped for lunch and have not yet
tried it.  I
wanted to bask in this small success before I learn that it does not yet work.
:-{

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite
____________________________________________________________
Apple&#39;s Crazy New Gizmo
Forget the iPhone 6. Next hit Apple product leaked. &#40;see picture&#41;
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive