Subject: [Spridgets] Thick head gasket

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 04:00:43 -0800

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a Huffaker 995cc race engine with 3/4 race cam that I would like to lower the compression on.  I have no desire to run race fuel.  I would like to run premium pump fuel.  It is a really beautiful engine with all of its original black crinkle finish in tact.  It was the engine from one of Frank Ince's old Bugeyes (The silver 1958).  Do they make thicker than stock head gaskets for BMC A-series engines?

Thanks for any knowledge that you all have on this.

Mike Carpenter
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Trevor Jessie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:08:39 +0000

Cometic.com $$$$$$

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014, 7:06 AM [email-masked] <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Guys and Gals,
>
> I have a Huffaker 995cc race engine with 3/4 race cam that I would like to
> lower the compression on.  I have no desire to run race fuel.  I would like
> to run premium pump fuel.  It is a really beautiful engine with all of its
> original black crinkle finish in tact.  It was the engine from one of Frank
> Ince's old Bugeyes (The silver 1958).  Do they make thicker than stock head
> gaskets for BMC A-series engines?
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage <http://www.team.net/forumsUnsubscribe/Manage>:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 05:14:23 -0800

I had forgotten there name.  Thanks.

I wonder what thickness that you all would try if you knew the engine was
roughly 11.5 - 12 on compression.  This will be a trail and error thing and I
am trying not to error too much.

Also.  If an engine was running in 1980 prior to being torn down to replace
bearings and inspect, would those same rings work fine on those same cylinder
walls that they were run in the past?  The reason, I am asking is we lost our
last engine machine shop around here and I would like to avoid searching for
one at the moment.  I am in the mood of just making the engine spotless inside
and out and buttoning it all back up.

Again thanks and any comments help.

Mike
--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 12/17/14, Trevor Jessie <[email-masked]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Thick head gasket
 To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "Spridgets List"
<[email-masked]>
 Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 7:08 AM

 Cometic.com  $$$$$$

 On Wed, Dec 17, 2014,
 7:06 AM [email-masked]
 <[email-masked]>
 wrote:
 Hi
 Guys and Gals,

 I have a Huffaker 995cc race engine with 3/4 race cam that I
 would like to lower the compression on.  I have no desire
 to run race fuel.  I would like to run premium pump fuel. 
 It is a really beautiful engine with all of its original
 black crinkle finish in tact.  It was the engine from one
 of Frank Ince's old Bugeyes (The silver 1958).  Do they
 make thicker than stock head gaskets for BMC A-series
 engines?

 Mike Carpenter

 ------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Soave <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 07:53:16 -0600

Try www.headgasket.com. Morty is a Triumph racer and has made them as thick as
.090 for me for around $100. Beats a holed piston's cost.

Ron Soave

> On Dec 17, 2014, at 7:14 AM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 19:29:57 GMT

Your other option would be putting a 1098 head on (12g295 or 12g202 I believe)
after milling it to achieve the CR that you'd like. I had to take 0.080" off
my 12g295 to bring my 948 with flattops up to 10:1 (stock deck height), but it
does have larger intake valves than the 12A185 or 2A629 stock 948 heads, and a
much better flowing combustion chamber (as well as larger, thus the lower CR
on a 948).
Just another alternative.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a Huffaker 995cc race engine with 3/4 race cam that I would like to
lower the
compression on.  I have no desire to run race fuel.  I would like to run
premium pump
fuel.  It is a really beautiful engine with all of its original black crinkle
finish in
tact.  It was the engine from one of Frank Ince's old Bugeyes (The silver
1958).  Do they
make thicker than stock head gaskets for BMC A-series engines?

Mike Carpenter
____________________________________________________________
The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar &#40;Don&#39;t Eat
This!&#41;
------------------------

[email-masked]