Subject: [Spridgets] Wiring Help!

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 15:00:42 -0800

I am rewiring the back lights on my 59 Sprite.  The wires were re-done many
years ago . . so no color coding as they are all white.

After a recent paint job that I did . . the wires ran back into the hole
and I lost track of which was which.

I currently have the rear lights wired for short night trip emergency stuff
if needed . . but only by one 12 volt wire each side and the other terminal
grounded with a separate ground wire.

With the tail lights and brake lights one 12 volt wire goes to one side of
the terminal on the tail light assembly while the other wire which turns on
when I push the brakes goes to the other terminal . . . correct?

How are the rear tail and brake lights grounded . . self grounding to the
body or?

Dumb stuff I know!  My wiring knowledge is pretty basic . . such as stereo
installs and not much more.  (I was able to get the front lights back in
working order).

I am also not good at reading schematics . . .

So any help will be super appreciated!

Thanks!

Hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving . . .

Kirk
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive