Subject: [Spridgets] Starter vibrating on fiitwell- My inadvertent solution

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 23:26:09 GMT

Some of you may remember that I had an issue with the GR Isuzu starter in the
MKII vibrating on the passengers footwell. I solved the vibration
inadvertently. When I lifted the engine to reset the cam timing, I set the oil
pan onto a board across the frame rail flanges to support the engine whilst I
worked on it. I removed all of the bolts one normally would to remove the
engine beforehand, including the trans mount bolts. I reset the cam timing
(correctly this time using a piston stop)and put the engine back into place.
Low and behold the vibration is gone, I now have ~1/8" clearance to the
footwell! So the upshot is that I had the engine in a bit to the back, now its
farther forward and runs great (amazing what the correct cam timing will do,
eh?).
Thanks to all who made suggestions, I promised to share my solution and here
it is.-Whoops I made things better without trying! Isn't that against some
sort of natural law or other?

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward

____________________________________________________________
Odd Trick Fights Diabetes
&#34;Unique&#34; Proven Method To Control Blood Sugar In 3 Weeks. Watch
Video.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive