Subject: [Spridgets] ALS Walk

From: Kristi & Lambert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 11:58:49 -0400

Hi there,

As you may know, Im a loyal participant in The ALS Associations Walk to
Defeat ALS.. Ive walked in the past in memory of my mom, Janet, and have
learned firsthand that the Walk is a life-changing event, uniting thousands of
people around the nation to fight for the same ultimate goal  a world without
ALS! The Walk is coming up again very soon (on November 15th), and that means
its fundraising time again.

WAIT!!!!!

Before you dismiss this email, thinking Are you really asking me again? I
hope youll consider a few things

1. People are still getting diagnosed with ALS. Now, more than ever, those
suffering with this devastating disease need our help. The money you donate
not only funds cutting-edge research, but it also provides critical programs
for families affected by ALS. Did you know that it can cost up to $200,000 per
year to live with ALS?

2. Every donation is spent incredibly efficiently to maximize the impact on
the fight against ALS. 91% of the money you donate goes directly to fund
research and patient programs. Thats an impressive percentage compared to
other charitable organizations. Really. Check it out!

3. Still not feeling inspired? Then, I want to tell you exactly how ALS
affects its victims. The motor neurons in a person's brain and spinal cord
waste away. When the motor neurons die, the muscles become paralyzed.
Gradually, a person is robbed of the ability to walk, speak, eat, and
eventually breathe. Upon diagnosis, doctors give ALS patients only two to five
years without mechanical ventilation to live.

Research funded by The ALS Association continues to make great strides in
helping scientists understand more about ALS, but there is still no known cure
for this always-fatal disease. We must do more to help those suffering.

As you know, I am asking again for your financial support in my quest to raise
funds for The ALS Association through the Walk to Defeat ALS..

Please click on the link below to go directly to my personal fundraising page
or to our team page for Giant Steps for Janet. No amount is too small. Every
dime makes a difference.

Sincerely,
Kristi

P.S. Please forward this email to as many people as possible. We need more
people to support the fight against this awful disease.
________________________________________

About The ALS Association

The ALS Association is the only non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehrigs
Disease on every front. By leading the way in global research, providing
assistance for people with ALS through a nationwide network of chapters,
coordinating multidisciplinary care through certified clinical care centers,
and fostering government partnerships, The Association builds hope and
enhances quality of life while aggressively searching for new treatments and a
cure.

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to
support ALS Association Greater Philadelphia Chapter

Follow This Link to visit my team web page and help me in my efforts to
support ALS Association Greater Philadelphia Chapter

*****************************************************************************
*
Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may
not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:

Personal :
http://greaterphiladelphiawalk.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=1097500&u=1097500-
395096687&e=7983658780

Team :
http://greaterphiladelphiawalk.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=12&i=1097500&g=6037548
&faf=1&e=7983658780

*****************************************************************************
*

Kristi Liebel

Kristi & Lambert
'74 RWA Midget
'77 RB Midget
'71 Morris 1100 MK 2
Philadelphia MG Club Treasurer
Brits at the Village Registrar

Check out Philadelphia MG Club on Facebook
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive