Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 14:50:52 -0500

Recored three row radiator installed...  then removed, fan mounting
arrangement fixed.. then reinstalled.  At idle, will not get over 160
degrees..  rev to 3000 for a minute and let off, temp goes up to190 degrees
then cools down.  Temp decrease across radiator (to[p vs bottom) a little over
20 degrees with the car stationary .

Oh yeah, any astronomers or astrophysicists  out there?  I need to know where
to publish.  I have proof of fourth dimensional travel, I have seen the other
side of the black hole!  For those of you not sure, please look down to either
side of the radiator mounting where it abuts the bumper support.  I have found
4 5/16 inch nuts, 3 7/16 inch washers, and 2 7/16 inch lock washers.  I have
all of mine installed ergo these MUST belong to someone else.

Lester

>
> O
>> From: Lester [email-masked] [bugeye] <[email-masked]>
>> To: bugeye <[email-masked]>; Spridgets list
<[email-masked]>
>> Sent: Fri, Sep 26, 2014 2:46 pm
>> Subject: Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Re: Water temp question..
>>
>>
>> HAZAH!!
>>
>> Faithful readers may recall somewhere along my tortuous travail that I,
over a decade ago, was unable to have the radiator recored as the shop was
unable to find something that would work with the Bugeye radiator. Today I
took the radiator over and asked him to check for leaks and flow. In less than
a few seconds he said.. "Whoa, this is really clogged up, there shouldn't be
any back pressure." When I reminded him about the core he responded with,
"..new folks run the company, not going to be a gig deal to replace it, with
at least a 3 row modern core."
>>
>> WHEEE!!!!
>>
>> Unless he just need to make a boat payment.. but he doesn't strike me as
the sort...
>>
>> Results in a week or so.
>>
>> It ain't over yet but the fat lady is warming up in the wings!
>>
>> Thanks with all the suggestions so far guys!
>>
>> Lester
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 15:38:05 -0500

It's ALIVE!!!

So, I everything together and went for a drive, didn't get far, funny noise up
front.  Stopped, opened the bonnet only to see the waterpump oscillating
rather than spinning.  Took it all apart again, figured out that a spacer had
fallen out when I was trying to put the WP pulley on.  Got that straightened
out only to find the damage done.  Weird clunk every so often.  Ordered new
WP, put it in yesterday and waited for the temps here to go North of 80F and
went for a drive.  20 min with revs up to 6500 and speed up to 70mph.  At 60
mph (3500 revs) on Datsun trans temp stayed right at thermostat of 160F.
Quick run to 6500 revs for a while and temp moved up to 180 F -ish.

So far so good..

WHEEEE!!!!

Lester

..still isn't running as well as it should ..

>
>
>
> __,_._,___
>
>
>
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________
> The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
> Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar (Don't Eat This!)
> FixYourBloodSugar.com
------------------------

[email-masked]