Subject: [Spridgets] Parts Needed

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 14:17:44 -0700

I am trying to help my sister who lives on a ranch outside of Chico Ca. A
few years ago she fell in love with a Bugeye, stock in nice condition very
original with the 948 and smooth case.

A mechanic she used and trusted in her area, a guy who loved to work on our
cars has passed away.  So she is now a bit concerned about finding an
honest mechanic.

I told her that most mechanics are not oriented to our cars, but with the
right parts, and the simple nature of working on a Sprite, a good mechanic
would be able to take care of it for her.

So I am trying to find a rib case for her and an original throwout bearing.

I am running an original TB and it is holding up fine . . but the one I
bought via Moss a few years ago broke apart like hard cheese after about
500 miles.  I am going to check eBay before I send her my last original TB
that I have been keeping.

So two questions:

Does anyone have a source on a solid rib case and also, there is an adaptor
plate she will need to attach the rib case to a 948?

Thank you so much!

Kirk
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 19:04:49 GMT

Kirk-She'll need a 1275 rear engine plate, the 948 flywheel should be
redrilled for a 1275 clutch cover, and possibly a pilot bearing. Gerard has it
spelled out in his website's tech section
(http://gerardsgarage.com/Garage/Tech/TO_Bearings/tobearings.htm).I did this
with my MKII and used the 948 slave cylinder and a roller TO bearing that I
got from Winner's Circle (NLA) along with a custom aluminum flywheel cut to
stage 1 948 dimensions and drilled to 1275 pattern. It all works well
together.Is there something wrong with your sister's trans? you didn't state
that, just if it was possible.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward From: Kirk Hargreaves
<[email-masked]>To: Spridgets <[email-masked]>Subject:
[Spridgets] Parts NeededI am trying to help my sister who lives on a ranch
outside of Chico Ca. Afew years ago she fell in love with a Bugeye, stock in
nice condition veryoriginal with the 948 and smooth case.A mechanic she used
and trusted in her area, a guy who loved to work on ourcars has passed away.
So she is now a bit concerned about finding anhonest mechanic.I told her that
most mechanics are not oriented to our cars, but with theright parts, and the
simple nature of working on a Sprite, a good mechanicwould be able to take
care of it for her.So I am trying to find a rib case for her and an original
throwout bearing.I am running an original TB and it is holding up fine . . but
the one Ibought via Moss a few years ago broke apart like hard cheese after
about500 miles.  I am going to check eBay before I send her my last original
TBthat I have been keeping.So two questions:Does anyone have a source on a
solid rib case and also, there is an adaptorplate she will need to attach the
rib case to a 948?Thank you so much!Kirk
____________________________________________________________
The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar &#40;Don&#39;t Eat
This!&#41;
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/542ef383cc5317383281bst03duc
------------------------

[email-masked]