Subject: [Spridgets] Rib Cage Into Bugeye.

From: WFO Herb <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 20:09:26 -0700

Can't be the only one with this problem, surely others have overcome....

1275 & rib cage transmission into a Bugeye.

New slave cylinder requires a different hydraulic fitting than the BE
uses.  Larger and may be different 'end' on the clutch line.  Bell vs.
flare.

Hydraulic lines are smaller on the BE than the '67 Sprite, which the
engine/transmission came out of (less volume). ALSO the bore on the BE
master cylinder is different (smaller volume) than the rib cage slave
cylinder (greater volume).

Question:  Would a new BE slave cylinder work with this transmission and if
so, which push-rod would be required; "short" or "long"?

OR...is there an adapter available that would allow the later slave
cylinder to be used using the Bugeye line?

Thank you.

Herb

Grants Pass, Oregon

-- 
The only people worth getting even with are those who have helped you. *-
 Anonymous*

Here is an Important Message for anyone who receives this email:  If you
forward this correspondence, PLEASE DELETE THE FORWARDING HISTORY, which
includes my email address!  It is a courtesy to me and others who may not
wish to have their email addresses sent all over the world!  Erasing the
history helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and viruses from being
propagated!  IT ALSO PROTECTS YOU.

No trees were harmed in the creation of this email, though numerous
electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

NOTICE: It is okay to print this email. Paper is a plentiful,
biodegradable, renewable, recyclable, sustainable product made from trees
that supports our economy by providing jobs and income for millions of
Americans. Thanks to improved forest management, we have more trees in
America today than we had 100 years ago.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive