Subject: Re: [Spridgets] RibCase Question

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:25:00 GMT

I put a ribcase into my MKII, I used a flywheel drilled for a 1275 clutch,
full 1275 clutch package and the 948 slave driven by the later separate master
cylinder. I don't have any problem using the 948 slave with the standard 1275
pushrod that was attached to the throwout arm.I didn't find any adapter for
the hard line to the 1275 slave and as such was reticent to change over to the
later slave and line ($$- We be Cheap!)

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward Herb,Gerrard's web site has some
information on this.HalOn Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 8:09 PM, WFO Herb
<[email-masked]> wrote:> Can't be the only one with this problem, surely
others have overcome....>>> 1275 & rib cage transmission into a Bugeye.>>> New
slave cylinder requires a different hydraulic fitting than the BE> uses.
Larger and may be different 'end' on the clutch line.  Bell vs.> flare.>>>
Hydraulic lines are smaller on the BE than the '67 Sprite, which the>
engine/transmission came out of (less volume). ALSO the bore on the BE> master
cylinder is different (smaller volume) than the rib cage slave> cylinder
(greater volume).>>> Question:  Would a new BE slave cylinder work with this
transmission and if> so, which push-rod would be required; "short" or
"long"?>>> OR...is there an adapter available that would allow the later
slave> cylinder to be used using the Bugeye line?>>> Thank you.>>> Herb>>
Grants Pass, Oregon
____________________________________________________________
Federal Employee Benefits
Kaiser Permanente&#174; Offers Quality FEHB Plans. Learn More!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/543e9fe9257af1fe93015st04duc
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive