Subject: [Spridgets] two hot running Spridgets

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 06:52:07 -0700

_____  

From: James Gruber [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2014 5:40 AM
To: corvallis 
Subject: 

Bruce,, Timing Settings can greatly affect how warm the engine runs. My '68
Sprite had a 66 1098 installed with Crossflow Radiator. Around town all was
great and would idle all day long below N. However 5 miles on Expressway in
summer would see temps start to slowly rise and get well not overheating but
warmer than I thought they should. Exit off of the ramp and temps would drop
to N before the end of the ramp. 

Take a look at hoses as well. make sure no kinks. I had some vary sharp
bends and needed to order a different radiator thermostat outlet. One sharp
bend I eliminated by using a piece of 45 degree bend copper pipe and a
couple of clamps. Seemed to help at least my piece of mind. Lower hose on PS
is under pretty good suction. Make sure it is not collapsing under high
revs.  
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive