Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 20:34:07 -0500

Well the gases in the system test is negative.. which is good.  Only leaves
water pump and radiator by my reckoning..

Ughhgghhhh

Lester
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:16:02 -0500

Certainly worth asking, but no.

On Sep 23, 2014, at 8:36 PM, Randy Alkins wrote:

> Is thermo. Upside down in housing
>
> On Sep 23, 2014 9:34 PM, "Lester" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:42:32 -0500

Just to update everyone..

Pulled radiator and there seems to be ample flow judging by how quickly it
emptied.

Pulled water pump, impeller connected to shaft.

Going to re-assemble and attach an electric pusher fan just to see if that
helps.

Going to retry the combustion test and pull out the pressure tester as well.

Not going to drive it tho'...

Lester

On Sep 23, 2014, at 10:29 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> I assume the hoses are new, so we can eliminate a hose collapsed on the
inside?  And, I believe you said you've already checked the timing and
air/fuel mixture. Plus, I seem to recall you've already checked to see that
the thermostat is opening at the specified temperature?  The only other thing
of which I can think is the possibility that the rebuilder did not hot tank
the head and block.  Certainly a check of the radiator and water pump should
be done first.  I was just thinking, too, that the difference in temperature
from the top of the radiator to the bottom might reflect a blockage that is
not allowing the water in all or portions of the radiator to pass through.
>
> In any event, having had to chase down issues like the one you're facing, I
can honestly say "I feel your pain".
>
> Bill Wilkman
> Crazy Sprite
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lester [email-masked] [bugeye] <[email-masked]>
> To: bugeye <[email-masked]>; Spridgets list
<[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tue, Sep 23, 2014 6:34 pm
> Subject: Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Re: Water temp question..
>
>
> Ughhgghhhh
>
> Lester
>
> __._,_.___
> Posted by: Lester <[email-masked]>
> Reply via web post                       		 Reply to sender
	 Reply to group                       		Start a New Topic           	
Messages in this topic (23)
> If you wish to unsubscribe from the Austin Healey Bugeye Frogeye Sprite
Club, please send a blank email to:  [email-masked]
> If you no longer want to receive emails, but wish to remain a member of the
group, you may go to the website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/ and
change your subscription to "Web Only" and you will not receive any emails.
> VISIT YOUR GROUP New Members 2
>  Privacy  Unsubscribe  Terms of Use
> .
>
>
> __,_._,___
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:25:43 -0500

My plan exactly..

Lester

On Sep 26, 2014, at 12:53 PM, bmwwxman . wrote:

> Lester,
>
> While you have the rad out take it to your local radiator shop and have them
pressure test it.  Might as well eliminate for once and for all the chance of
a pin hole pressure leak.
>
> Cheers!!
> Jim
>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Lester <[email-masked]> wrote:
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Randy Alkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:06:43 -0400 s=q20140121; t=1411765621; bh=XuQARsJE5Q8K1XwUDWLZKu7LJPpuBJ9Z7J2rMKrJfc4=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=QznB/XK7yCc2ligMh+FpB6QlQosxIFkUxMjnb/famaQfFxdK6WPWrpqCA18J9SfB7 aKS1rMcdTOd0v0M/+EdjFGH0+T+BBBs6vhSbATCPEBmJk8mPX3CzdSlsW4vMgdtK02 pjoma1eE9IujTMnX+lSW8ruitQykDhYiFYju1fKt0R8np0t8KfDgBuqgum50Ktgg0s KakczU0+O3NuV1oNF31/N8g86jdURKYDQ4YGLBEa1rZlo3WTkeY43x+mBskz3HTenm 8d/aLMCB4B7Cgh+tze9HIMk1nSv4ssnTEwQJcfFzywS8Q6W48RpKg8A36eMKGWbHLz t/BtR9D1/jPZA==

Lester,still tending to the block having some old dirt of material in it. 
Take bottom hose and use your house water hose to force water through the 
system with the thermostat out.  Keep the water hose ticht with rags to 
force the water through.  See how much gunk comes out.  Will give you an 
idea of what you are dealing with in the block.
Randy
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Lester" <[email-masked]>
To: "Spridgets list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2014 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked] 
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:46:36 -0500

HAZAH!!

Faithful readers may recall somewhere along my tortuous travail that I, over a
decade ago, was unable to have the radiator recored as the shop was unable to
find something that would work with the Bugeye radiator.  Today I took the
radiator over and asked him to check for leaks and flow.  In less than a few
seconds he said.. "Whoa, this is really clogged up, there shouldn't be any
back pressure."  When I reminded him about the core he responded with, "..new
folks run the company, not going to be a gig deal to replace it, with at least
a 3 row modern core."

WHEEE!!!!

Unless he just need to make a boat payment.. but he doesn't strike me as the
sort...

Results in a week or so.

It ain't over yet but the fat lady is warming up in the wings!

Thanks with all the suggestions so far guys!

Lester

>> Not going to drive it tho'...
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]