Subject: [Spridgets] Water temp question..

From: Ewing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 08:12:29 -0500

Good Morning all!

So, the long saga of getting the go-fast engine running is sorta done.  I am
back driving the car. WHEEE!!!

But

Water temp with new radiator cap and antifreeze quickly goes up in 65 F
ambient temps to close to the max on the gauge..

But..

The temp gauge is now reading off the head rather than off the radiator.  My
thought is that taking the temp measurements here will show a higher temp
compared to taking it off the radiator but this is where I ask your
expertise..

Thanks,

Lester
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:03:54 -0700

Swift radiators on eBay start at $44.  Bill in oregon
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo
=43&_udhi&_nkw=Swift%20radiator&rt=nc&_pppn=r1

or
http://tinyurl.com/p3axrfa

==============================================================
-----Original Message-----
From: Spridgets [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kirk
Hargreaves
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 12:13 PM
To: bmwwxman .; Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..

Jim,

Re: a small loss of pressure.

Very well might have been why my stock radiators would not keep my engine
cool. They were way off the chart into overheated territory.

More than what would be expected just because they were designed for a
British climate.

But I am happy that the situation caused me to pirate the radiator out of
the Swift.

Kirk

PS
(I hear that the Type E cooling system can be difficult.  That it must be
maintained to the max or it will radically overheat).
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 22:36:46 -0700

Here is Frank's own words on is rad conversion from Sprite Spot:

http://www.spritespot.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=113

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:04 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]