Subject: [Spridgets] Help - Re-Installing Trim

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 19:57:57 -0700

I'm re-installing the trim around the cockpit on my 59 Sprite (after
painting the car).  The pieces came off having clips behind approx. 1/4
inch holes.
The screw went into the clip behind the hole like a sheet metal screw.  The
sides and rear have not been a problem, but the front piece has been
difficult getting the screws to bite back into the clips that I took out
before painting.

Any ideas on how this process might be improved?  The front trim piece has
a very limited space behind it to line up the clip with the small hole in
it to grab the screw.  I have been trying to hold the clip behind the hole
with needle nose pliers and a flashlight shined into the trim piece hole in
order to see if it is setting up correctly into the clip before applying
the screw.

I am wondering if I am attempting to re-install these soround trim pieces
incorrectly due to finding them installed this way when I took them off?

I am fine with the sides and the back piece, yet I may have not installed
these correctly either?

Thanks,

Kirk
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:20:00 -0400

Kirk,

I'm not understanding what you mean by "trim".  The aluminum cockpit
surrounds attach by screws and bolts while the vinyl covered side panels
just attach with sheet metal screws.  I can't think of any piece that
attaches with clips in the way you describe. Can you give a little more
detail about the pieces you're trying to attach?

------------------------

[email-masked]