Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Strange Clutch Problem 58 Ford F-100 223 6

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:38:53 -0700

Flywheel pressure plate or t.o. bearing coming apart?  Bill in Oregon

  _____  

From: Kirk Hargreaves [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:06 PM
To: brian S; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Strange Clutch Problem 58 Ford F-100 223 6

Now only happening in reverse . . not a big problem using the truck.  I do
recall it happening while stopping across the street at the market, going
slowly forward . . but is my memory off . . now I am wondering because it is
certain that I am losing my clutch only when going in reverse.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:48:30 -0700

Guys help me again with this answer I got.  This might be the answer to "my
ghost" in my 58 Ford F-100 . .  sounds plausible (although I do not like
the answer very much).  (I'd rather fish out a piece of foil in the
system).

Here is the response from Michael Lopes (regarding the loss of pressure and
shifting at slow speed). . the guy I bought the truck from.  We stay in
touch with each other because the truck was a beloved member of his family
since it was bought new in 1958.

This is what Mike said . . see what you think.
Kirk,
Hope all is well. Your problem sounds to me like your Pressure Plate is
going out. At slow R.P.M it's not releasing the pressure keeping the pilot
turning allowing it to not to get out of gear I will look into it further
and get back to you but I'm sure that is your problem because the hydraulic
system either works or doesn't work let me know if this helps As I am also
curious about this as well.

PS
Reminds me of that lyric in the Beach Boys song *Shut Down* . . "my
pressure plate is burning and it shakes too much."

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]