Subject: Re: [Spridgets] FW: New Mini Cooper

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 12:42:05 -0700

By the way . .  here comes a subject change.  I still cannot get over
driving a Vauxhall in England driving just over 600 miles burning off *less*
than a quarter of a tank of gas.  The same size engine from Sacramento to
San Diego would have seen me filling the tank just after half way through
the trip (I have made that trip many times).

Whatever the imperial measurement difference is, it is not enough to
convince me that this car was getting the same mileage we get in cars
shipped to America.  There have been others who have experienced the same
thing.  With a Volkswagen the guy tried to buy the same car when he got
back to the states.  He was told, "We can sell you that car, but not with
the same engine."

What is the benefit of direct injection?  Does it increase power, economy?

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Dean Swanson <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I don't think your CRX is new enough to have direct
> injection - below is a write-up about direct injection carbon build-up:
>
>
> http://www.edmunds.com/autoobserver-archive/2011/06/direct-injection-fouls-s
> ome-early-adopters.html
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Billy Zoom
> Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 10:17 PM
>
>
> > injected directly into the cylinders, so it does NOT clean
> > the deposits out of the intake/off the back of the valves - leading to
> the
> > need to have the intake/head ports de-carbonized (other car manufactures'
> > with direct injection engines will have the same issue.
> Does this mean my CRX has a problem and I don't know it?
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Billy Zoom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 12:52:17 -0700

US cars have to be greener and heavier. It's the law.
It also depends on the time of year in California. When good gas is in
season, mileage goes up by over 25%. I don't think Imperial measurement
is a factor. A quarter tank is still a quarter tank, assuming the tanks are
the same size.
------------------------

[email-masked]