Subject: [Spridgets] New Bugeye Gas Tank

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:21:33 -0700

Has anyone bought a new Bugeye gas tank lately?  I just bought one from
British Parts Northwest because they were about 54 bucks cheaper than Moss. 
Moss added an oversize fee, California taxes and shipping.  BPN just added
shipping to a $30 cheaper price.  I thought that maybe only one place was
making new tanks and all the usual suspects were selling the same thing.  I am
not so sure now.  The tank I bought is made in Canada.  Yes, you read that
right, Canada, not China.  It is very well made.  When I looked in the sending
unit mounting hole to see the pickup arrangement I saw a (3/16ths?) pipe
coming from the threaded hole the fuel line goes into.  It goes horizontal for
a few inches and then bends down at a 45 degree angle to the tank floor. 
Where it meets the tank floor, there is a flat piece of steel like a shroud
coming up at 45 degrees from the tank floor about an inch wide and three
inches long.  Sort of like a stop for the
 pickup.  at the end of the pickup is a 3 and 1/2 inch long cylindrical white
mesh plastic filter.  I am worried this filter can become clogged.  I am sure
changing it is not an option.  Maybe blowing fuel backwards through it will
clean it, but what a hassle.  Has anyone mounted a tank like this in their
Bugeye?  Did you remove the mesh filter before mounting the tank?  Is that a
good idea or am I worrying for nothing?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite    

56 BN2
P.S. A new cork gasket, screws and lockwashers for the sending unit were
included.  See the Snapfish email that follows for some pictures of what I am
talking about.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive