Subject: [Spridgets] Rollbar question

From: Jeff Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 18:25:13 -0500

A friend of a friend has a rollbar he was told was from an MG Midget
and has offered it to me at a very attractive price for use on my 73
Midget. A mutual friend of ours was hurt pretty bad years ago when his
Midget got t-boned; so he's frequently suggested I get one.

I don't have any measurements (not yet, anyway), only the two pics he
emailed me. I'm not sure it really is for a Midget - so many people
don't seem to grasp the difference between a Midget and an MGB. It
"looks" wide but that could be an optical illusion due to the way the
bars bow outward.

I've never got a good look at one, let alone how they mount, and pics
in my VB and Moss catalogs aren't much help.

The rollbar is a couple of hours away and I don't have time for a
wasted trip right now or I'd just go get it and sort it out later.

I've posted the pics to an album on my facebook account:
http://goo.gl/6KXaHX

I'm hoping some of you more knowledgable people can look at these pics
and tell me if you think this is for a Midget.

What do you guys think?
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive