Subject: [Spridgets] 1958 Ford F-100 Shifting Problems

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 22:31:59 -0700

Even though this looks like a problem with the clutch master cylinder I
thought I would run this by the group.

When shifting there are intermittent times when the clutch will not open up
enough to get a clean shot into gear . . then it goes back to normal.
It was actually shifting pretty well the other day when I used it to take a
load to a recycle plant.  But no doubt the problem will raise it's head
again.

I installed a new slave cylinder (not too expensive from LMC truck).
Problem continued.

So I guess I am now going to replace the master clutch cylinder.

Any other ideas as to why this is happening, beyond replacing the master
cylinder (or installing a rebuild kit) ?

Just thought I would throw this out to the group in case someone has
experienced this and found it to be from something different.

The truck has a 223 straight 6 into a 3 speed moved from the old "three on
the tree" to a floor shift.

Kirk
1275 59

PS
By the way . . drive the truck around town for a while and then jump into
my 59 Bugeye and it does feel like I am driving a go-cart. And the truck
makes the Bugeye feel much faster than it is.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive