Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Holy Sprite Journey of Redemption

From: Ron Soave <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 07:56:55 -0600

Today is Frank's birthday.

----------------
"The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the
truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling."

(Robert M. Pirsig, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance")

On Jan 5, 2014, at 3:38 PM, "Ron Corry" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: bmwwxman .
> Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 8:45 PM
>
> Sadly, I have to look at his ugly mug in the mirror every morning...   ;-)
>
> Edited...
> It's still very hard for me to go through those pictures as they remind me
> so much of my buddy Frank whom I still miss very much.
>
> Cheers!!
> Jim
>
> Amen to that, Jim.
>
> Still really have difficulty accepting our Frank is gone to that great
> Healey/BMC Garage in the sky.
>
> But my memory of meeting with that wonderful man is razor sharp.
>
> Truly a wonderful occasion for me and my lads.
>
> I still wear the Holy Sprite T-shirt on special motoring days.
>
> May he rest in peace.
>
> Ron, in Ireland
> b59 AN5 bOggibipb
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Jim F" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:32:31 -0500

Happy Birthday Frank, I still can't walk by my bugeye in the garage without 
thinking of Frank. What an unselfish truly nice man he was.

Jim F.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Ron Soave
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:56 AM
To: Ron Corry
Cc: Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Holy Sprite Journey of Redemption

----------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4259 / Virus Database: 3658/6979 - Release Date: 01/06/14 
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Macy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 13:03:09 -0500

Well, no wonder we spent a bunch of time since the new year started talking
about the Holy Sprite. His influence will never leave us.

Happy B-Day Frank!!

Larry

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: George <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 13:48:42 -0500

Well put Larry.  There aren't too many people who still have his friends
talking about him years after their gone.  He was a very special influence on
those lucky to have known him.
George

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 6, 2014, at 1:03 PM, Larry Macy <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: dwoerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:12:02 -0600

Well said both of you.  I have Frank's picture, with his dates, on the 
wall above Bugeye and saw it just this a.m.
I was out there working when my "offshore" electric screwdriver 
succumbed to some unknown force.  Now I understand.
He's never gone.  I hoist one...maybe two, to you, Frank.

Dave W. (Heat wave! we're up to -10*F!)

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Macy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:20:15 -0500

In honor of Franks birthday and as promised, here is the flickr link to all
the Holy Sprite images I collected. They are not in any great order, but I
have the HolySprite set (158 pics) with all the emailed photos from the trek
across the USA, the Rite of Transubstantiation, most of the bodywork etc done
in Franks garage (might get a glimpse of the man himself)(212 pics), Begin the
Body is another set of Body Work (51 pics), and the Holy Sprite Arrives (94
pics) is its arrival on the back of Kevins truck and initial tear down, errr
disassembly ;-).

The Pics are yours, as Frank would want.

With the exception of the trip across the US, the HolySprite set, most of
the photos are mine. Feel free to view and use as you like. I think you can
make books or download as well. The only thing I ask is that if using the
images for distribution or publication, cite me, or if from the journey, let
me know what images you want and I will try to figure out who took them for
correct acknowledgement.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13929808@N07/sets/

Have fun!!

Larry

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Macy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:23:59 -0500

Oh yea, Ignore the Tobin Family Reunion set. I had to make that public for the
older than me farts to get the pics. I could have made a password for the Holy
Sprite Pics, but I think I want them under the eyes of Frank and Friends.

Larry

[email-masked]

---

From: David Lieb <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 15:47:40 -0600

I have jpg files of the Holy Sprite collages I created for the Spridget
Calendar as well as the Frank pages. If anyone wants these, let me know.
David L
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 13:41:23 -0800 (PST)

It always impress me what one man's spirit helped create.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

>________________________________
> From: Larry Macy <[email-masked]>
>To: Spridgets net <[email-masked]> 
>Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 4:20 PM
>the Holy Sprite images 
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 17:34:54 -0500

Thanks Larry!

BTW, are those the same wheel chocks that were used at the BusterCluster?

Sent from my keyboard

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Morse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 19:07:01 -0500

Thank you Larry for putting that together!

I'm pretty sure I have Frank picked out from the images.  I wish I could
have met him, but it's obvious how special he was from the list members'
messages.

And because I didn't know him, I didn't mention earlier- the timing of this
story resurfacing is very interesting.  I firmly believe a person's
character is measured by the legacy and memories they leave behind.  It's
obvious he touched many lives and will not be forgotten!

So I will raise one for Frank as well!

3wheel Morse

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Rick Fisk <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > In honor of Frank s birthday and as promised, here is the flickr link to
> all
> > in Franks garage (might get a glimpse of the man himself)(212 pics),
> Begin
> the
> > pics) is it s arrival on the back of Kevin s truck and initial tear down,
> errr
> > disassembly ;-).
> >
> >>>> It's still very hard for me to go through those pictures as they
> remind
> > me
> >>>> b 59 AN5 b Oggibipb
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 19:50:22 -0500

Anybody have any dung-forged chinese part rants they want to get off their
chest?  Or Home Defect tool mishaps?  I miss Frank.

Sent from my keyboard

> And because I didn't know him, I didn't mention earlier- the timing of this
story resurfacing is very interesting.  I firmly believe a person's character
is measured by the legacy and memories they leave behind.  It's obvious he
touched many lives and will not be forgotten!
>> > have the  HolySprite  set (158 pics) with all the emailed photos from
the
>> trek
Begin
remind

[email-masked]

---

From: brian S <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 20:08:22 -0500

Thanks Larry!

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!
Thanks to Frank C.!

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 16:20:15 -0500
> To: [email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: brian S <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 20:29:57 -0500

I can't either Jim.
Frank was HUGELY instrumental in getting my car finished,
and it displays his stickers, sadly, but proudly.

Wow, this whole thing is cosmically weird,

A person that had never met Frank, asks about a car that
he was responsible for bringing back from the graveyard,
for a WONDERFULLY UNSELFISH reason,
only days from his Birthday.

Brings a bit of a chill up the spine.

Thanks for the reminder, Frank!
WE MISS YOU!

Brian S.

> From: [email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: brian S <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 20:35:20 -0500

I'm sure Ron has so many that it would choke the list server.
 :-)

I'm sure I have saved a few that I can dig out.

FYI,
Here's a link to the Asbury Park Press article.
Unfortunately it's a shortened version, you have to pay to get the
full thing from there archives.

http://www.app.com/article/20090207/NEWS02/902070316

Brian S.

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 19:50:22 -0500
> To: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 23:48:28 -0500

Speaking of strange coincidences, I just uncovered my Dean of Spridgets
sticker on my desk and applied it in a place of honor on my toolbox just a few
days ago. Feels like the old days with this much chatter in the list!
I never had a chance to meet Frank in person but was honored to be able to
support the Holy Sprite project and still wear the T shirt from time to time.

Happy Birthday Frank!

Mike Myers
Watertown, CT

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 00:54:47 -0500

Well, not quite that mystical.  I had the pleasure of meeting Frank on
several occasions and hoisting some malt beverage with him, too.
This thread actually got started on the MGE Midget Forum, when I brought up
the story of the Holy Sprite's Journey of Redemption in response to a
question about small trailers for transporting an autocross Midget.
And, since I was one of several guys who towed The Holy Sprite on it's
Journey of Redemption, I was able to offer the fellow some information on
how that trailer towed.

First and foremost, Frank set a shining example of how we should treat our
fellow Spridgeteers.  Frank possessed several admirable qualities, but his
generosity and willingness to dive into a project and help someone was an
example we'd all do well to follow..........at least as much as our own
energy levels will allow. :)

Bud

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of brian S
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:30 PM
To: spridgets list
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Holy Sprite Journey of Redemption

A person that had never met Frank, asks about a car that he was responsible
for bringing back from the graveyard, for a WONDERFULLY UNSELFISH reason,
only days from his Birthday.

Brian S.

[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Soave <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 07:09:42 -0600

:-)

I do. First one to accurately say what one of his favorite acronyms, "MFYICSC"
meant gets a Chinese drill bit prize.

----------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 11:43:22 -0500

Great bunch of pictures, Larry!  Thanks for digging them out and making them
available to us.
Bud

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Larry Macy
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 4:20 PM
To: Spridgets net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Holy Sprite Journey of Redemption

In honor of Franks birthday and as promised, here is the flickr link to all
the Holy Sprite images I collected. They are not in any great order, but I
have the HolySprite set (158 pics) with all the emailed photos from the
trek across the USA, the Rite of Transubstantiation, most of the bodywork
etc done in Franks garage (might get a glimpse of the man himself)(212
pics), Begin the Body is another set of Body Work (51 pics), and the Holy
Sprite Arrives (94
pics) is its arrival on the back of Kevins truck and initial tear down,
errr disassembly ;-).

Have fun!!

Larry
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 18:58:52 -0500

You gotta give us a hint Ron.  I don't remember and can't figure it out.  :-)

Sent from my keyboard

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Kitterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 17:45:05 -0800

Happy Birthday Frank!

Thanks for the link to the photos Larry.

What an experience and how much younger we were :-)

Bob  Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2013 Miata

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/13929808@N07/sets/
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Soave <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 23:47:07 -0600

Well...it starts with "mother"...

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Ed Kaler (JB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 06:12:51 -0600

Happy Birthday, Frank!

Ed
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Burwell Pike <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 06:15:40 -0800 (PST)

Here, Here!!!!!! Miss you here too Frank.

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:17 AM, Ed Kaler (JB) <[email-masked]> wrote:
  
Happy Birthday, Frank!

Ed

------------------------

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Morse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:13:13 -0500

So did anyone win the Chinese drill bit prize?

On Wednesday, January 8, 2014, Ron Soave wrote:

> > On Jan 7, 2014, at 8:09 AM, Ron Soave <[email-masked] <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >
> >> <[email-masked] <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >>
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
>
------------------------

[email-masked]