Subject: [Spridgets] Audiophile stuff--No LBC content

From: JohnD <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 20:37:38 -0500

I just know you guys will be able to solve this problem for me.....

I had to buy a new audio receiver (I guess it's now called a "audio/video
multi-channel control center" or something). Well, I can't play my vinyl
through it because it won't smooch with my vintage Acoustic Research
turntable. Darn thing doesn't have a phono input!  I thought vinyl was all
the rage now. So, I bought an in-line turntable pre-amp-- a Pyle Pro
PP444-- which promised to convert my phono signal to a line level signal.
When I hook it up, I still get barely audible volume from the phono. What
am I doing wrong here?
Thanks in advance.

JohnD

*Driving in the past lane!*
JohnsfollyVintageRacing <http://www.johnsfolly.webs.com>
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Billy Zoom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:15:43 -0800

May we assume that your old AR turntable worked fine the last time you tried
it, and that it still has the same cartridge and headshell wiring as when it
last worked? Are you using a standard moving magnet cartridge?
If so, can we have the make and model of the unit you're trying to plug the
preamp into?
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:17:50 -0500 (EST)

I have a Denon AVR (Audio Visual Receiver) and when I get stuck I google  
the problem on the internet or e-mail Denon. I could read the instruction  
booklet but it's a couple of inches thick and not particularly well  written.
 
So I suggest you google the problem using the model name of your equipment  
or contact the manufacturer or go to a decent hi-fi shop (like the one you 
made  your purchase from.
 
Alternatively get a vinyl to digital MP 3 turntable and convert all your  
vinyl to digital.

 
In a message dated 13/01/2014 02:12:59 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

had to  buy a new audio receiver (I guess it's now called a "audio/video
>  multi-channel control center" or  something
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:56:48 -0500

Converting vinyl to digital negates the whole reason for having vinyl in the
first place.  Even an old fart like me can hear the difference.  :-)

Sent from my keyboard

On Jan 13, 2014, at 4:17 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> I have a Denon AVR (Audio Visual Receiver) and when I get stuck I google the
problem on the internet or e-mail Denon. I could read the instruction booklet
but it's a couple of inches thick and not particularly well written.
vinyl to digital.
------------------------

[email-masked]