Subject: [Spridgets] Electrical Problem

From: Trevor Jessie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:23:10 -0500

So... a guy gave me a '77 Midget.  I was going to part it out, but my
basement was already full of parts so I decided to build a custom Midget.
 All was going well until a glitch popped up the other day.

When the key is off, there is feed back into the electrical system.  The
interior hazard light flashes and the fuel pump clicks on and off.  I
unplugged the rear harness and it did not solve the problem (other than
stopping the fuel pump).  When I flip the hazard switch they work as
normal.

This problem is intermittent, so I want to have a list of things to check
when it occurs (or have a way of recreating/sorting the problem).  So, any
ideas?

Cheers,
Trevor
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 07:55:45 -0500 (EST)

Sometimes when a car has been welded in the sill or wing area the rear  
section of the loom can get hot and damaged - the section with the fuel pump 
and  rear lights is the section that this happens to.  It might be worth  
removing the rear trim panels and carpets to have a look at the rear section of  
the loom.

In a message dated 16/01/2014 12:41:09 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I'm
starting to fear it is wrapped up in the  harness.
------------------------

[email-masked]