Subject: [Spridgets] White Post Restorations

From: Brad Fornal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 11:58:08 -0600

I know that most people here will recommend White Post Restorations for
brake and master cylinder repairs, over Apple Hydraulic. Their work is
supposed to have a lifetime warranty.
The question for the forum today is, has anyone had to call claim to their
warranty? If so, how well and effectively was it handled?
The reason is, I let the 68 Sprite sit for about 4 or 5 weeks. I get in it
today, to get it out to warm up the top enough to put in up for the winter.
We have had 2 weeks of rain, and my garage is more of a carpeted, enclosed
barn. The floor mat was slippery, but I attributed it to condensation,
since it is not in a climate controlled building. I back out, but when I
press the brakes, they go to the floor. I get it stopped, an parked in the
sun. The brake master in empty. I have filled it again, in hopes of having
enough brakes to put it back in the garage when the top/hood is secured.
I noticed that the sun had moved, so I go to move it, slowly, into the sun
again. This time, it won't go into gear. The clutch master is also empty.
I had White Post rebuild these in 2007, prior to the LotO trip. But having
them both fail at basically the same time seems odd to me.
Any comments or thoughts on this from the collective?

Brad

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 04:36:31 -0500 (EST)

What brake fluid are you using Brad?

In a message dated 09/11/2013 18:17:40 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Brad
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Brad Fornal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 07:10:04 -0600

Dot 4 of course. I didn't want to fool with the Silicone stuff.

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 13:51:48 +0000 (UTC)

So, just what does WP warrant?

Ed Woods
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:36:56 -0500 (EST)

LMAO!

In a message dated 10/11/2013 18:48:50 GMT Standard Time, [email-masked] 
 writes:

Hope  it's not like the lifetime warranty I got on a recliner a few years  
ago.
When it broke I went to the store and the owner explained to me, with  a
straight face, that the "lifetime" was the life of the recliner...and  that 
was
obviously  over.

RBH
------------------------

[email-masked]