Subject: Re: [Spridgets] White Post Restorations

From: Dave Yealy <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 15:43:04 -0500

Welcome to the wonderful world of Chinese made rubber products. If 
Frank was still with us you would hear a tirade about how great their 
rubber products are.
Looks like you will need to rebuild the master cylinder and while you 
are fiddling with that you might as well rebuild the slave on the 
trans, if the wheel cylinders have been done in 2007 you might think 
about redoing them.

Dave

At 12:58 PM 11/9/2013, you wrote:
>I know that most people here will recommend White Post Restorations for
>brake and master cylinder repairs, over Apple Hydraulic. Their work is
>supposed to have a lifetime warranty.
>The question for the forum today is, has anyone had to call claim to their
>warranty? If so, how well and effectively was it handled?
>The reason is, I let the 68 Sprite sit for about 4 or 5 weeks. I get in it
>today, to get it out to warm up the top enough to put in up for the winter.
>We have had 2 weeks of rain, and my garage is more of a carpeted, enclosed
>barn. The floor mat was slippery, but I attributed it to condensation,
>since it is not in a climate controlled building. I back out, but when I
>press the brakes, they go to the floor. I get it stopped, an parked in the
>sun. The brake master in empty. I have filled it again, in hopes of having
>enough brakes to put it back in the garage when the top/hood is secured.
>I noticed that the sun had moved, so I go to move it, slowly, into the sun
>again. This time, it won't go into gear. The clutch master is also empty.
>I had White Post rebuild these in 2007, prior to the LotO trip. But having
>them both fail at basically the same time seems odd to me.
>Any comments or thoughts on this from the collective?
>
>Brad
>
>--
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Brad Fornal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 17:47:52 -0600

I will first see on Monday, how well they honor their "lifetime warranty".
Then move on from there.

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Dave Yealy <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Welcome to the wonderful world of Chinese made rubber products. If Frank
> was still with us you would hear a tirade about how great their rubber
> products are.
> Looks like you will need to rebuild the master cylinder and while you are
> fiddling with that you might as well rebuild the slave on the trans, if the
> wheel cylinders have been done in 2007 you might think about redoing them.
>
> Dave
>
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/
> options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/
------------------------

[email-masked]