Subject: [Spridgets] Engine and gearbox back in

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:23:56 -0500 (EST)

Slow going getting the engine and new gearbox back in, not that the re-fit  
is a job I ever rush.  Taking photos slowed things down but I needed them  
as this bellhousing was non-standard even for a non-standard hybrid as the 
front  of this box is slightly different from the old one.  I also didn't 
have any  good photos of the co-ax clutch conversion.  It was a pig to get back 
in  but always is since the box is bigger and heavier than the Spridget 
box.   The new box does weigh about 2Kg lighter than then old box but the 
bellhousing  weighed slightly more (I didn't have this one machined as much off 
the front  which is solid alloy - production change ....)  Still a net saving 
of over  1 Kg is worth having.
 
Dinner is cooking so after that I'll be back down the garage and finish the 
 install.
 
Weslake-Monza 1330
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: brian S <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 16:57:08 -0500

What gearbox did you put in, Daniel?????

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!
Thanks to Frank C.!

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:23:56 -0500
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Spridgets] Engine and gearbox back in
>
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 08:53:18 -0500 (EST)

It's another BGH built alloy casing Ford based special.  This one is  
Quaife alloy main case rather than FlowTech racing (no longer trading).   
Slightly higher 1st and 2nd compared to the old close ratio helical box with 1st  
now 2.66 up from 2.83 and 2nd 1.75 up from 1.81.  
 
I also have a steel operating block - up from the standard and the tail  
housing has the gearstick 2 inchs further foward.
 
Me (who is Daniel?)

In a message dated 22/11/2013 21:57:12 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Brian S.

[email-masked]