Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - computer software - SOLIDWORKS + MS Publisher

From: Kent McLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 06:32:25 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:
 > I was hoping for something less than the #100 student edition

Late to the party, but they might find something compatible in the Linux 
world:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuEngineering

They can run a Live-CD of Linux on their Windows box (or if they know 
someone in the computer science major, make their PC dual-boot).

--
Kent McLean
'56 Austin-Healey 100 BN2
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Michael Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 08:47:03 -0400

> world.

You can find pretty much anything useful in the Linux world for free.  I am 
setting up to run Linux from a thumbdrive on my $200 Chormebook.

But we have not addressed the question of future employment.  If the 
software is for class projects, anything will do.  Even Google has a free, 
simple 3D drawing program.  If it is for experience in software that 
employers need, then is should at least emulate one of the big-time 
professional versions.  Linux tends to be pretty good at emulation.

Michael Rowe 
------------------------

[email-masked]