Subject: [Spridgets] Datsun 5speed

From: Michael Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 09:51:37 -0400

Speaking of 5-speeds:  Do the mounting bolts on the sides under the shift 
lever fit as-is, or must that point be "adjusted" to fit?  My ribcase went 
in perfectly - no fuss, no muss.

I was thinking that the way to deal with fit would be to offer the 
transmission alone and "reconfigure" the firewall with a BMF hammer as 
needed.  But that does not address fore&aft location.

BTW, I discovered a good trick for fitting the motor mounts with no help. 
The bolts coming out of the rubber on the driver's  side are toed in, so 
there is always trouble getting them into the holes.  Squishing the rubber 
with a ViceGrip makes them straighten out parallel, and they drop right in.

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite 
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Paul Van Wig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 07:19:12 -0700

I leave the motor mount rubber on the car pice on one (Drivers side if I
remember right) and on the motor on the other side and tilt it In!

Paul Van Wig
Big Bear/Long Beach, CA
facebook.com/pvanwig

You Can't stay young forever.
But you can be immature for the rest of your life!

1959 Nash Metropolitan "Tiffany" (the wife's fun ride) w/63MGB motor
1968 Morris Minor Woody RHD "Thomas"
1960 Bug Eye (awaiting restoration) & a Kellison Fiberglass bonnet

1980 CJ7 Lives @ 7440'
2012 Turbo Diesel Ram 2500 4X4
2003 Toyota 4Runner (the wife's Mountain car)
2012 Cadillac SRX 3.6 (the wife's work ride)

1960 Minor Woody (for sale soon) or maybe a custom trailer?
1965 Midget-parts
1981 Datsun 210 1500 w/ 5 speed

On Oct 1, 2013, at 6:51 AM, Michael Rowe <[email-masked]> wrote:

Speaking of 5-speeds:  Do the mounting bolts on the sides under the shift
lever fit as-is, or must that point be "adjusted" to fit?  My ribcase went in
perfectly - no fuss, no muss.

I was thinking that the way to deal with fit would be to offer the
transmission alone and "reconfigure" the firewall with a BMF hammer as needed.
But that does not address fore&aft location.

BTW, I discovered a good trick for fitting the motor mounts with no help. The
bolts coming out of the rubber on the driver's  side are toed in, so there is
always trouble getting them into the holes.  Squishing the rubber with a
ViceGrip makes them straighten out parallel, and they drop right in.

Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite ------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]