Subject: [Spridgets] Books at APT

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 18:20:10 -0700 (PDT)

I was at APT yesterday looking for a shorter throttle cable for my single
HIF44 carb installation.  The one Dave sold me the only type he has for the
HIF SU carb, but it's for a Mini.  Too long for a Bugeye as the top of the
cable loop hits the bonnet when it comes down.  I have it held down with a
nylon cable tie, but the cable binds because of this and I have to tap the
accelerator a couple of times when I stop to bring the RPMs down.  Well, no
success with a shorter throttle cable. the only shorter one he has is too
short.  While I was there he mentioned he wants to get rid of the books he has
for sale.  He says the internet has killed book sales.  I bought three books
at his cost while I was there.  Nor exactly Bugeye related, but I like other
British cars too.  He has a bunch of Triumph books by Kas Kastner for you
Triumph people.  You might try giving him or his wife a call and mention me so
he'll know what you are talking about.  Make
 sure you talk to David or get his approval.  His wife might not be so
inclined to let the books go for the reduced price if David is not there. 
David's wife was there and sold me the books at the reduced price, but David
was right there when bought them.  He was telling her to sell them for his
cost.  Worth a try to build your library.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive