Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: [.M.gs] New No-Name Dipper Switch may burn your wiring harness

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 20:05:28 -0500

Barney IS the MGA Guru and same for plenty of other LBCs [ new ^ older 
- <G> ],
so TAKE HEED ! ! !

Ed
Please visit MY site at:                    www.justbrits.com
*/_
_/**/_ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ_/*
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Mgs] New No-Name Dipper Switch may burn your wiring harness
Date: 	Thu, 05 Sep 2013 19:12:50 -0500
From: 	Barney Gaylord <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

Heads up to a faulty new part with possible serious
consequences.   Some new no-name dipper switches have an internal
fault that will short power to ground when depressed.  If held in the
depressed position it could burn up your main wiring harness. The
part is widely used on many brands of British cars, especially in the
1950 to 1965 production period.

The switch is patterned after Lucas type FS22. but it is not a Lucas
part.  It is a replacement part for BMC part number 1G2007.  Known
bad parts came from Moss Motors (171-900) and Scarborough
Faire.  They have been notified.  Moss has placed a stop on sales of
the part pending investigation.

If you have one of these no-name dipper switches, use a continuity
tester or ohm meter to check resistance from the center input
terminal to the housing when the switch is depressed.  Check it
through at least two switching cycles, because it only shorts on
every second cycle of the switch.  If you have one of the switches
that has this ground fault, please let me know, and also the name of
the supplier if possible.

For pictures and more information see here:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/faulty/ft063.htm

Best cautious regards,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive