Subject: [Spridgets] Fire Extinguishers

From: John Farley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:46:25 -0400

The other day I had a gas leak in my bugeye when I was on the road.
 Realized I should be carrying a fire extinguisher.  Looking for
recommendations as to:  Type, Size and Brands.

Thanks,  John F.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 08:35:23 -0700

I would say anything Inert Gas in the 5 to 10 pound capacity. Never had to
use mine.  Bill in Oregon
==============================
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Farley
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:46 AM
To: Mailing List Spridgets
Subject: [Spridgets] Fire Extinguishers

Thanks,  John F.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 14:14:52 -0400 (EDT)

Mmm, well there are books with this stuff in.  A foam will get the job  
done, Halon is still legal in your neck of the woods though I'm not sure if you 
 can still buy it.  Dry powder will knock a fire down but it will re-ignite 
 unless you can follow on with foam or get the heat out of the fire.
 
There's a weight penalty having a fire-X in a Spridget but it's one I live  
with.

In a message dated 10/09/2013 16:31:17 GMT Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Thanks,  John  F.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: John Farley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:10:46 -0400

Checked the Moss Halon one out.  It is made by H3R Performance and is
chrome.  I found the same one on Amazon sold by Internet Sales for $77
less. Their comparable red one is another $12 less. I went with the red one.

Thank you all for the feedback.

John F.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> **
> done, Halon is still legal in your neck of the woods though I'm not sure if
> you can still buy it.  Dry powder will knock a fire down but it will
> re-ignite unless you can follow on with foam or get the heat out of the
> fire.
>
------------------------

[email-masked]