Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Timing Light and Regulator

From: "Nelson Wittstock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:30:51 -0000

I have an Actron CP7529 digital timing light.  I bought it after seeing it 
recommended by group members.  It is easy to use and it beats my old one 
from Sears.  Mine came from Amazon as they had the best price at the time. 
HTH

Nelson 
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 21:59:41 -0600

John Farley wrote:
> I have ordered a rebuilt and curve modified Distributor with Pertronix from
> Jeff at Advanced Distributors for my 1275 bugeye.  To set it up, I think it
> is time to retire my 40 year old timing light. Are there any
> recommendations for a modern, good one for my application?
>

Oddly enough, when doing ignition work on older cars down at Bailey's 
sometimes my
"ancient" Craftsman light works way better than Mike's high tech digital 
unit.  The systems
in these old cars can generate a LOT of noise that confuses the new 
one.  Period tools for
period cars is sometimes the way to go.

mjb.
------------------------

[email-masked]