Subject: [Spridgets] Guy looking to buy/trade for some spridget rims (not me)

From: Trevor Jessie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 17:49:50 -0400

The following is posted on the MGExperience

This is the URL followed by the text of the post.
http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?42,2477328,2477593#msg-2477593

Well I bought what I thought were a nice set of Midget Rostyles. Turns out
they are for a Capri and have a different bolt pattern. So now I'm just
looking for a decent set of whatever bolt-on wheels for the sprite/Midget.
Can't be too choosy.

I have things I don't need and can deal with trades or trades and cash one
way or the other depending.

(1) I have a set of four Rostyle wheels for the classic Ford Capri (RS2600
& RS3100, the sexy European, they called it). They will also fit Ford
Pinto, Alfa Romeo, Sunbeam Alpine, Mustang II. 4x4.25" (4x108) bolt
pattern.

(2) I have my old wire wheels, wire wheel hubs & rotors, knockoffs &
wrench, and a complete wire wheel differential with a known good center
section/pumpkin (with 20K old mile axle bearings and wheel cylinders) for
trade or partial trade. Wheel splined hubs and aluminum splined hubs need
replaced. They are truly worn out but the rims and the inner hubs and the
entire diff with 3rd member are nice.

(3) Or I might consider trading my spare complete 1275 engine with standard
bore and standard crank. It's a nice mill that I have been saving as a
spare but I could let it go if some sweet rims pop up. See it in this
Craigslist ad. <http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/4084701202.html> The
head has slight evidence of blanking plug recession. I just had a plug
replaced using Hap's instruction for $65 total. I would feel OK about
braking the glaze and doing a quick refresh on this engine and running it.
it's better than the one in the car, but since I have an A15 waiting I will
not be using it.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive