Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tire Size

From: "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 06:58:15 -0400

Since this car IS for Lori, right?  I'd go with nothing wider than 155 (145
is original) or 165 at the widest.  Others will try to talk you into 185 or
some other wide set-up.  But, Lori will be the one who has to maneuver into
and out of various tight places and I'm sure she'll appreciate the lighter
steering effort that the 155 width tires will still deliver.
BTW, I run 155s on my Midget and, as you have so frequently witnessed over
the years, cornering/handling performance is more than adequate. :)

Bud

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:20 PM
To: Spridgets
Subject: [Spridgets] Tire Size

Hello List, 

I have a set of Minator wheels, 5" x 13", for my Bugeye. What's the
recommended tire size? 

Thanks, 

Ed Woods 
------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Martyn Ridley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:50:24 -0400

155/80-13 recommended  - this is what I will put on next.
165/70-13 will fit not problem - have on my car now
175/70-13 may cause rub at extremes but I have seen it used
145/80-13 close to original but speedo reads low (as did original)

5.20-13 for the purist

Cheers,
Martyn

PS: Vredestein tyres appear to be the best "bang for buck" option

On 8/29/2013 9:19 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hello List,
>
>
>
> I have a set of Minator wheels, 5" x 13", for my Bugeye. What's the recommended tire size?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
>
>
> Ed Woods
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: derf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:07:31 -0500

I always liked 175/70s if you have RWAs, never had rub problems.  Had them
on wires, BFGs from Sam's.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Martyn Ridley <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
>> options/spridgets/ridleymj@**brant.net<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]>
>>
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/spridgets/derf247@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]>
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Macy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 08:30:58 -0400

I think you all missed the point.

The STD Midget wheel is a 4 wide wheel. He has a 5 wide wheel. 155s will
not fit. Well you could mount them and they will be wider at the wheel than on
the contact patch. This causes excessive wear on the edges. And are not the
right size for the wheel. I would recommend nothing less that a 165/70 for
that size wheel. A better bet would be a 175/60 or /50 But I dont think you
can find them in less than a race tire. On a 5 wheel I would go for a 175/70
and consider rolling the fender lips. I never did, and I never regretted it,
but I only had 4.5 wide wheels, I would have loved those 5 wide ones.

Oh and one more NSHO. Forget that cheap as I can find tire. Every one gets all
so excited about making sure the brakes work, and they are right, then put the
cheapest POS rubber on the road. I dont care if your brakes will lock up your
rotational parts in one millisecond or 10. If the rubber is cheap, it will not
hold the road. You dont need the most expensive race tires, you just need
good tires. Let the rusting buckets pay the a**holes that sell the crap tires.
The tire is the last place between you and the road. Is that where you really
want to save a couple of $$??

Larry, The Tire Guy

On Aug 30, 2013, at 9:07 AM, derf <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> Donate:
options/spridgets/ridleymj@**brant.net<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/
spridgets/[email-masked]>
options/spridgets/derf247@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/s
pridgets/[email-masked]>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
[email-masked]
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Don't you love it when your brain knows what's right, and your fingers don't
listen?
------------------------

[email-masked]