Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Positive ground phone charger

From: "Steve" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 20:25:10 -0400

George, simply isolate the cigarette lighter and reverse the leads. The
center lug will become positive and the shell ground.  Steve garrett

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gmari2
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Spridgets] Positive ground phone charger

Greetings group,
Like an idiot, i installed a cigerette lighter to the Sprite in hopes of
having a usable phone charger.  The car is positive ground.  The lighter
itself works great at heating the coil to light a smoke.  But what is now
painfully obvios is that it will not work at charging a cell phone.
Other than converting the car to negative ground, can anyone reccomend a
solution?
Thanks,
George
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Gmari2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 21:06:52 -0400

Thanks everyone.  I will combine the suggestions given and see what happens.
1.  Use a plastic outlet
2.  Mount it isolated
3.  Install a 5 amp or less fuse
4.  Reverse the wiring.

You guys are the best.
G

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 17, 2013, at 7:51 PM, Gmari2 <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Jim Seippel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 22:37:02 -0500

Here is a link to a lighter that should solve your problem.
http://tinyurl.com/kga73c4 
Jim
------------------------

[email-masked]