Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: Mg

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 15:58:50 -0400 (EDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Houston <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Houston <[email-masked]>; rbhouston
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Aug 11, 2013 1:56 pm
Subject: Mg

Robert B. Houston
Vice President of Sales
Transervicios S.A. de C.V.
915 592 2082 Office
915 726 0704 Cell
915 598 8862 Fax
[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 20130811_134717_resized.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 20130811_134713_resized.jpg]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Gerard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 13:26:55 -0700

It's hard to see the dizzy clearly, but it looks like the firing order looks
correct (1-3-4-2), but the distributor drive spindle is 180 off. It will still
run that way, but accounts for the wonky wire arrangement. # 1 should be at
approximately 1 O'clock.

Gerard

<[email-masked]>
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Billy J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:38:50 -0500

I've had this 1973 project car for about 4 years.  My wife says we are 
moving in about 5 weeks so I would like to sell the car before we move.

This car was given to my father by one of his customers and sat behind 
his shop for awhile. The previous owner said that the car was running 
when they stopped driving it. I brought it home and started working on it.

The car was complete when I got it except for a battery. Belts, hoses, 
tires, exhaust, folding top cloth and seat upholstery are in bad 
condition. I had the wheels sandblasted and repainted, and bought new 
tires and tubes. I bought another pair of seats that had good 
upholstery, some replacement carpet pieces and some spare tailights and 
such. I took a lot of photographs of my disassembly so I could get the 
wires and linkages and so forth back in place. The photos dont show the 
hood but I have the hood and grille inside my house.

I discovered that the engine would not rotate so I eventually pulled the 
engine out and disassembled it. I found water on top of a couple of the 
pistons and they were frozen in the cylinders. My plan was to either 
bore the block and buy oversize rings and pistons, or find another block 
and buy new standard pistons.  My dad managed to get the pistons out so 
now it needs new pistons and either a new block or buy oversize pistons 
and bore this block.

The car is in my garage in Dallas. Email me off list if you have 
questions or want more information or photos. I'm going to drop the 
price to $350 OBRO.  Bring a trailer and come and get it.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/Cars/Dsc_0016b.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/Cars/Dsc_0014b.jpg
------------------------

[email-masked]