Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Towing

From: Larry Macy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 09:53:52 -0400

Here we go again.

In MHO, I would not flat tow a Spridget over a long distance with the drive
shaft connected. Period.

Now we come to the part of the discussion where we agree on what a long
distance is. I would say, IMNSHO, no more than 50-100 miles. i.e. a rescue
tow.

It is a simple matter to drop the 4 bolts at the pumpkin and tie the shaft out
of the way.

Recently we went to the Finger Lakes in NY, in an RV. We drove about 300 miles
to get there. If, and I repeat, if,, we had been towing the Midget for the
daily ventures, I would have dropped the shaft on the drive there and home.
But for the 3 different shifts of our campsites, I would have either driven
it, or flat towed with the shaft connected. None were more than 30 - 50 mile
changes of location. Unfortunately, we didnt tow the Midget, there are some
really cool roads there.

Larry

On Jul 31, 2013, at 16:57 PM, Michael Rowe <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I am embarrassed to say that I can't remember who it was on this list that
flat-towed a Spridget long distances behind an RV.  Drive shaft on or off?
>
> Please contact me off-list.
>
> Michael Rowe
> The Holy Sprite
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
[email-masked]
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Don't you love it when your brain knows what's right, and your fingers don't
listen?
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive