Subject: [Spridgets] 66 Sprite project results, and parts needed.

From: Brad Fornal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 16:54:18 -0500

Decided to brave the heat, and chase down the last three issues that are
keeping the car from getting an inspection. Horn, brake lights, and turn
signals.
Oddly enough, the pressure switch was working for the brakes, but no joy at
the lamps themselves.
I opened the cowl on the steering column of the 65, and tried to replicate
those innards. Not a direct match, but I cleaned up some wiring, and
spliced on some new ends where the previous mechanic had fornicated it
pretty badly.
Getting hot and discouraged, I decided that if nothing else, I'll work on
the horn, pretty simple eh?. From column harness to horn, wires had great
continuity, but for some reason, the horn wouldn't beep. I was reading 12V
going into the fuse box, but nothing across the fuse. Out of desperation, I
moved the wire to the powered side. Now, the horn worked. Dig out the
electrical parts box, find another fuse box, and nail file all male
connectors. Replace old one with "clean" one, and now the horn works.
For shits and giggles, I had the wife push the brakes, and now those lights
work as well. The heat had the best of me, so I put everything up, and will
tackle the turn signals another day. I have checked the continuity of the
switch, and it is good. I have a brown wire coming out of the steering
column harness, but no brown nearby under the instrument panel. IIRC, brown
is power, so I need to find a place to connect that, and I "should" have
signals.
Now that I am close to inspection, I need to see if one of our online
vendors can help me with obtaining some parts. All these are for a 1966
Sprite
1 - Header Rail Seal
1 - Tandem Master Cylinder rebuild kit. It's supposed to be new, but feels
funny.
2 - Rear Wheel Brake Cylinder rebuild kits
All three rubber brake hoses, the two front, and one rear
Brake pads and shoes all the way around.

If any vendor wants to fill my order, please let me know. If anyone had
bought any of these parts new, and never used them, and would like to sell
them, let me know.

Brad

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:14:34 -0400 (EDT)

I'll bet you can get braided steel hoses that will last longer, give better 
 brake feel and cost about the same.

In a message dated 11/08/2013 22:57:13 GMT Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

[email-masked]