Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Datsun 60 series standard shift 5 speed available +extras

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 14:28:52 -0400 (EDT)

Congrats on the bugeye purchase!  Wish the trans would fit the BGT or a TR.

RBH

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Bastedo <[email-masked]>
To: spridgets <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Aug 5, 2013 12:21 pm
Subject: [Spridgets] Datsun 60 series standard shift 5 speed available
+extras

Enticed by the offer for sale of a mostly complete 1958 Bugeye I'm offering
my freshly acquired Datsun 60 series transmission, shifter, clutch slave,
all the clutch bits and even a modified drive shaft - Datsun yoke in front,
Spridget at the rear. The shifter needs new bushings, I generally use a
piece of vinyl tubing that fits over the bolt and through the hole but
that's just me.
These shifters are worth their weight in gold, as some of you who have
tried to find one understand.

I just brought this home Saturday. Datsun A15 engine also available, was
running Saturday morning.

I offered a trade for the Bugeye, but I think the owner is more of a purist
and likely won't be interested in the 5 speed.
If that's so, would anyone here like to buy this good 60A tranny and
everything so I can pay the guy for his Bugeye?
Email me direct or call, looking for a cash deal and I will ship.

I drove the Datsun before pulling the drive train, all gears are present
and accounted for and I didn't hear any noises.
The tranny was full of gear oil when pulled, I always like seeing that.
Didn't find any metal in the oil.
I will ship but you pay boxing and postage, exact costs with no gouge.

I need $800 - not counting any shipping or crating.

Rick Bastedo
425-442-9925
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 14:55:51 -0700 (PDT)

Anybody that needs a shifter for the 5-speed let me know I still have 4-5 of
them and would let them go for shipping.  No bushings.
        Crash

 The
shifter needs new bushings, I generally use a
piece of vinyl tubing that fits
over the bolt and through the hole but
that's just me.
These shifters are
worth their weight in gold, as some of you who have
tried to find one
understand.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Bastedo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 14:58:53 -0700

Are they from a 210? Not a B210?
If from a 210 then here's my address:

Rick Bastedo
PO Box 486
Snoqualmie, WA 98065

I am constantly hearing from people that they need one, I would give them
away to those in need if I had them.
Thanks,

Rick

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Anybody that needs a shifter for the 5-speed let me know I still have 4-5
> of them and would let them go for shipping.  No bushings.
>         Crash
>
>   The shifter needs new bushings, I generally use a
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Bastedo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 18:38:10 -0700

Mine sold, but this guy from BCF has one for sale:
[email-masked]

------------------------

[email-masked]