Subject: [Spridgets] Facet Pump Installation

From: "Bert Shirey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 10:03:08 -0500

Guys and Gals,

    It`s been a while since I posted anything on the list. Let me get the
unpleasant business over first. Some of you know my wife, Sandy, from the
local events. I`m sorry to say that she passed away in May after a year-long
battle with cancer. She was my best friend and love for over 50 years, and a
pretty good helper with the cars. I miss that girl plenty.

     Anyway, reading your comments about advantages of the Facet pump, I`m
thinking about putting one on the Bug. This looks pretty simple, but nothing
ends up simple and I have some questions maybe somebody can help with:

     The Facet pump has 5/16" fittings. I should know, but this looks larger
than what`s there. Before I cut line and end up replacing the whole business,
what is the size of the stock solid fuel pipe on the Bugeye? If 5/16" is too
large, is there a way to adapt to a smaller pipe?

     Where do you attach the hot wire, at the ignition switched terminal fuse
box or at the switch?

      Can I leave the mechanical pump in place and pump through it, or is it
better to remove it and splice the line with a rubber hose?

Thanks.

Bert Shirey
60 Bugeye/66 Midget 1098
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:09:10 -0400 (EDT)

I would get AN threaded fittings from _www.aircraftspruce.com_ 
(http://www.aircraftspruce.com)   I'd expect  (without checking you need an NPT at the 
end that screws into the pump that has  -6JIC at the other end.  Then I'd get 
a 90 degree or straight threaded  fitting that is -6 JIC at one end and a 
barbed fitting for rubber hose at the  other end.
 
Variations on this theme would be a small dash size on the adaptor and thus 
 the 90 degree etc.

In a message dated 12/08/2013 16:03:17 GMT Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

The  Facet pump has 5/16" fittings. I should know, but this looks larger
than  what`s there. Before I cut line and end up replacing the whole  
business,
what is the size of the stock solid fuel pipe on the Bugeye? If  5/16" is 
too
large, is there a way to adapt to a smaller  pipe?
------------------------

[email-masked]