Subject: [Spridgets] While we are discussing prop rods

From: Brad Fornal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 05:38:20 -0500

On the 66 eBay Sprite, the original right wing (US passenger side) was
replaced. This one is off a later car, so the metal tang that the prop rod
fits into was never there. I have a small bit of stainless sheet, and will
make one, that I can bolt onto the inner lip.
My question is, if any of you guys were to do this, would you put it back
where it was from the factory? OR, since it isn't even the correct wing for
this car (for you concours folks) would you set it back further, to allow
the bonnet to sit open higher?
AND if I WERE to let it sit open higher, can anyone think of any issues
that may arise from that modification, other than the wind will catch the
bonnet easier?

DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 14:27:00 -0400 (EDT)

It will only go as far up as the hinges allow which is why later & US  only 
cars had the scissor type hinge which provided for a larger opening for  
reasons I forget.

In a message dated 11/08/2013 11:49:08 GMT Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

AND if I  WERE to let it sit open higher, can anyone think of any issues
that may  arise from that modification
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

They left it on the wrong side?

In a message dated 12/08/2013 01:52:03 GMT Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

To  continue the thread, anybody have anything to say about the boot prop  
rod?

Bob
------------------------

[email-masked]