Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Trade?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 13:12:10 -0400 (EDT)

Maybe your car doesn't want to be sold so is playing up? A loop of wire  
around the bonnet catch, via the grille and give it a dug.  Or do what I  once 
did and use a large screw driver and trash part of the grille as it opens  
....
 
Early lights on a late car is neat.

In a message dated 11/08/2013 19:29:13 GMT Daylight Time, [email-masked] 
 writes:

I've  decided to sell my 74 MG Midget.  I'm still working out the issues of 
 it
sitting for 5 years in the driveway, but overall it's in pretty good  shape.
I've changed out the seats for '63 smaller seats and it has old  style tail
lights.  I was trying to duplicate the Midget of my  youth.  Monza exhaust,
chrome wire wheels with Kumho's, needs new  paint, but should run and drive
fine when I'm finished sorting  it.

I just got it back from a mechanic shop, and I use the term  very loosly, 
and
it starts right up but will not pull and spits and sputter  when the
accelerator is pressed.  I think they may have even got the  plug wires on 
in
the wrong order.

Trouble is, when I went out to  work on it this morning, they have pulled 
the
bonnet cable loose and I  can't get it up.  Any tricks or other solutions 
out
there?   Gerard?

Robert Houston
Call if you see this before 2:30  MDT?  915-726-0704

PS, anyone want to trade for a Morris  Minor?   I think I can still fit in
that...or a Riley or some  such?
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive