Subject: [Spridgets] Positive ground phone charger

From: Gmari2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:51:45 -0400

Greetings group,
Like an idiot, i installed a cigerette lighter to the Sprite in hopes of
having a usable phone charger.  The car is positive ground.  The lighter
itself works great at heating the coil to light a smoke.  But what is now
painfully obvios is that it will not work at charging a cell phone.
Other than converting the car to negative ground, can anyone reccomend a
solution?
Thanks,
George
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:06:56 +0000 (UTC)

List,

Rather than attempt my own long winded answer to the question, here's one from
Moss:
http://www.mossmotoring.com/negative-ground-lighter-socket-in-a-positive-grou
nd-car/

Now is someone would just design a plastic mounting bracket for the
receptacle.....

Ed Woods

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gmari2" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 10:16:04 AM
Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: B Positive ground phone charger

Ok group, what do you all think about the below.
George

Sent from my iPad

> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Positive ground phone charger
>
> Think before leaping :). If the battery is hooked up positive ground then +
is always the ground. B It doesn't matter if you use an isolated plug n
reverse
the lead.. + is always going to be the ground. B The main cable off the +
terminal on the battery is going to ground and when u connect a new wire ( one
from your cig lighter) to the terminal it is still going to be + grounded.
Been there tried that. Only work around I have seen is a + grd to neg grd
converter. B I opted to convert to neg grd.
>
>
>
> On Aug 17, 2013, at 6:51 PM, Gmari2 <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Greetings group,
>> having a usable phone charger. B The car is positive ground. B The lighter
>> itself works great at heating the coil to light a smoke. B But what is now
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:40:31 +0000 (UTC)

That's what the in line fuse is for.

Ed

----- Original Message -----

From: "John Innis" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ed Woods" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Gmari2" <[email-masked]>, "Spridgets" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 11:30:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: Positive ground phone charger

I found a fully plastic isolated power outlet at the local boat parts store.B 
I know that radio shack also used to have a fully plastic one, but was really
crappy.B  They exist, but you still have the problem that whatever device you
plug into it may have a metal case that is connected to the - side of the
input.B  If that metal case contacts the chassis of the car (or any metal in
car), you could have a serious problem.B 

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:06 AM, < [email-masked] > wrote:

List,

Ed Woods

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gmari2" < [email-masked] >
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 10:16:04 AM
Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: B Positive ground phone charger

Sent from my iPad

>
>
>
> On Aug 17, 2013, at 6:51 PM, Gmari2 < [email-masked] > wrote:
>
>> Greetings group,

[email-masked]

------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

--
=================================
= Never offend people with style when youB B  =
= can offend with substance --- Sam BrownB  =
=================================
------------------------

[email-masked]