Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: For Sale- my 1973 Midget project car

From: "Billy J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:39:01 -0500

My apologies for reposting this if everyone has already seen it.  I 
posted it 5 days ago and have not gotten a single message through the 
mailing list since then until today so I thought maybe the list server 
has been broken.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Spridgets] For Sale- my 1973 Midget project car
Date: 	Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:38:50 -0500
From: 	Billy J. <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

I've had this 1973 project car for about 4 years.  My wife says we are
moving in about 5 weeks so I would like to sell the car before we move.

This car was given to my father by one of his customers and sat behind
his shop for awhile. The previous owner said that the car was running
when they stopped driving it. I brought it home and started working on it.

The car was complete when I got it except for a battery. Belts, hoses,
tires, exhaust, folding top cloth and seat upholstery are in bad
condition. I had the wheels sandblasted and repainted, and bought new
tires and tubes. I bought another pair of seats that had good
upholstery, some replacement carpet pieces and some spare tailights and
such. I took a lot of photographs of my disassembly so I could get the
wires and linkages and so forth back in place. The photos dont show the
hood but I have the hood and grille inside my house.

I discovered that the engine would not rotate so I eventually pulled the
engine out and disassembled it. I found water on top of a couple of the
pistons and they were frozen in the cylinders. My plan was to either
bore the block and buy oversize rings and pistons, or find another block
and buy new standard pistons.  My dad managed to get the pistons out so
now it needs new pistons and either a new block or buy oversize pistons
and bore this block.

The car is in my garage in Dallas. Email me off list if you have
questions or want more information or photos. I'm going to drop the
price to $350 OBRO.  Bring a trailer and come and get it.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/Cars/Dsc_0016b.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/Cars/Dsc_0014b.jpg
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 01:02:57 -0400 (EDT)

I tried to convince my cousin in Irving to buy it, but he's old and lazy...but
a great guy amongst us old and lazy guys.

I'd make an offer but you'd have to promise to bring it to me in El Paso.

RBH..No wait!  what am I saying, I'm trying to sell MY 73 Midget!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Spridgets] For Sale- my 1973 Midget project car
Date: 	Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:38:50 -0500
From: 	Billy J. <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Ron Corry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 06:13:30 +0100 :references:in-reply-to:subject:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; s=smtpapi; bh=K9Jr67Xa0P5cAACWX4Qc0K rDoPA=; b=ZeA6s/Jxh66mq3QgIRmSZDwU+V61flhvHFSJYYOR3SwsJplAJqCYpG /cfqkDmOiQAEagYzCh37BFdLoKRlRnNvOOd3jPKMI5nXx1mqL82kNrY/OZW5zCci wPvXoJ3RjNfpgY8Cw/wQ7laGTAzOiUUGJ9MQNz+6/AnfyHdArrttk=

Hi Billy,

    If your '73 was sale in Ireland, I would have bought it the day you
posted to the list. At the asking price, it is a Steal.

    I don't understand why it has not gone yet. Maybe one reason is that you
posted it in the holiday season? I run a car boot sale here, and I've
certainly noticed a dropoff in sellers and footfall during late July and
this month.

    Hopefully your car will now sell as it appears to be a really good
bargain at the priced asked.

    Ron Corry
    AN5 '59 "Oggibip" 1275, 5-Sp,WW.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Billy J." <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:39 AM
Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: For Sale- my 1973 Midget project car

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 00:57:22 -0500

<< On 8/18/2013 12:13 AM, Ron Corry wrote:

If your '73 was sale in Ireland, I would have bought it the day you 
posted to the list.
At the asking price, it is a Steal. >>

"Sea Shipping Containers" ARE available in the Dallas Area, Ron <VBG> ! !

Anon
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Ron Corry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 17:41:53 +0100 :references:in-reply-to:subject:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; s=smtpapi; bh=gdIZIxIO7Y4Zi5zITS6P5D 8qxXQ=; b=DpysNGFeSlEcoKqP3HN+rVXBludVvr8Nk7x+2748G6g5vxKgbU9nSW bLIHvQcEOmvqR74GmknZJz+8FZcR8Vvkmr2ALicMJ+HATdzoLKnO1lqjKSkhULOe MRDXNhKMPzzGizpi4jwP6/pK0Z6TJb/Mw7xfJgBd6LENuPzQ/oQmM=

Aw yes Ed, but the landed cost in Dublin Port would NOT then be a Steal. 
<Even Bigger Grin>

Ron, in Ireland
==========>
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "" Just Brits " Shop" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2013 6:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: For Sale- my 1973 Midget project car

> If your '73 was sale in Ireland, I would have bought it the day you posted 
> to the list.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Billy J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 23:11:02 -0500

People have contacted me and questioned me about the year model based on 
the appearance.

My apologies and I did not intend to mislead anyone but my memory was 
apparently playing tricks with me.  I dug out the original title and the 
car is listed on the title as a 1970 model.

------------------------

[email-masked]