Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Stationary Engine 1275cc

From: Tim Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:26:22 -0400

I got the 1275 as part of a parts purchase. I know little about its 
health. One of the reasons to run it on the test stand is to 
determine if it's an oil burner or not. The story that came along 
with the purchase is that the previous owner, two owners back, had 
rebuilt a Midget engine and transmission, etc. and then took it out 
shortly thereafter and crashed it. I do see evidence of a rebuild, 
but not all the evidence is good. I'll keep the 1275 for a possible 
spare. I do like the 1098 - they're built like a bullet, 'ya know! LOL

At 03:14 PM 8/16/2013, [email-masked] wrote:
>Why not put the 1275  in your car and the make the 1098 the stationary engine?
>

Tim Collins
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: David Ambrose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 00:00:08 -0700

There's a guy named Mickey Pleasant in either Encinitas or Carlsbad that 
has an engine stand for an A series engine. Check the San Diego 
Craigslist. He regularly lists engines for sale.

To make the stand work, you need an fuel pump, oil pressure guage, water 
temp guage, ignition and starter switches, a radiator, and a battery.  
You can make a suitable engine support out of angle iron. Oh, you'll 
also need the down pipe, and maybe a muffler.

As I remember, He just put the engine on this very sturdy table, and ran 
it. You don't need to restrain it much for starting, and it doesn't 
really accelerate enough to move itself off the table.

The large pipe on the manifold is for the gulp valve. You can seal that 
if you're desmogging it. You can also plug the holes for the air 
injection rail with allen head set screws (aka grub screws). If you 
remove the smog gear, you will also need to ensure you have the right 
needles and carb springs. If you have the throttle plates with air 
bypass valves, you can replace those with solid throttle plates for 
better performance. The vacuum take off for the distributor is usually 
on a carb, not the manifold.

Good luck,
Dave Ambrose

On 8/16/2013 1:26 PM, Tim Collins wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]