Subject: [Spridgets] Is it a problem?

From: Bill L <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 05:52:55 -0700

Hello Spridgets,

  Went to the ABFM-Bellevue over the weekend. Car runs great, but...

  I was headed home and the tach started to bounce. Not just a little,
  but WILD swings. The car never seemed to loose power, but the tach
  would fall from 3500 down to 1500 or so then bounce back, drop,
  bounce... I slowed down a little and it stabilzed, and didn't bounce
  again..

  I took it easy and looked for a loose wire on the coil but found
  those two to be OK. I did notice a little grove being worn on the
  wire from the coil to to the dizzy, where it was rubbing on the body
  a little, so I turned the wire so that it didn't rub at that spot.
  ..

  could  the tach bounce be caused by electrical leakage in that coil wire?

  I put a spare in the trunk. .. I'll put electrical tape over the
  wear spot and insulate the body at the wear point.

  ?????

-- 
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:[email-masked]
 
 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"
 
   "It's made the grass wet," said Tom after due consideration.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive