Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [!! SPAM] Re: Oil

From: "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:26:59 -0400

You are correct about Brad-Penn's lineage.  It (Penn Grade One High
Performance Oil) is the original Kendall GT-1 formula, updated with the
latest additive package.  But, all the stuff that made Kendall the racing
oil of choice, "back in the day", is still in there.
BTW, zinc content is only one part of an additive package and it's not a
very smart way (zinc content) to determine which oil you are going to use.
Really, any premium brand of API spec SJ motor oil will work just fine in
your street-driven engines.  The major cam manufacturers are all
recommending Brad-Penn oils for use with their cams & lifters, so that's a
pretty good indication that the Brad-Penn products are the best available.
Of course, brand names still have an emotional appeal to many, so Castrol,
Valvoline, Quaker State, Pennzoil, etc. all have a loyal following.  Of
course, the last two named have absolutely no connection to the original
product.....the refineries having long since closed and the naming rights
having been bought by other companies, who capitalize off the name
recognition, while filling the cans/bottles with stuff made from  base
stocks inferior to the original. 
 It's a cut-throat world out there.

Bud

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark J Bradakis
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 8:04 PM
To: Spridget
Subject: [!! SPAM] Re: [Spridgets] Oil

Mark wrote:
> Brad Penn
>
> Penn Grade 1                               zinc 1,214 ppm
> 20W-50  #7119
>
>
For those who don't know, Brad Penn is made in the refinery formerly known
as Kendall.
It is located in Bradford, Pennsylvania, which *may* have something to do
with the name ;-) A number of folks were familiar with the Kendall GT-1 line
of oils, this is the modern equivalent, I believe.

mjb.
------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive