Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The transmission WORKS!

From: Gerard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:37:21 -0700

Great news Mark, congrats!

Dave, the smooth case requires the the gear synchronizing cones to be shrunk
on. This is typically done in a heated oil bath (250F) and both inside and
outside surfaces need to be machined rather precisely before and after
assembly. I rebuilt one of these in the late 60's, but parts were easy to get
and finding a shop to do the work was easy and reasonable.  If you had all the
parts ready to go, it's no more difficult to rebuild than a ribcase, it's all
that comes before that's the obstacle.

Gerard

On Jul 15, 2013, at 11:00 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 21:24:41 GMT
> From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Spridgets] The transmission WORKS!
>
> Thanks again to everyone and I'll put some pics up on the sprite experience
as
> soon as I have a chance.
> BTW, this was for the MKII, not the BE.
>
> Mark Haynes
> It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
> HAN6L12977
> AN5L8016
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: dwoerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:32:24 -0500

Thanks to all who responded.  I knew there was something hinky about 
"smoothies".
Dave :{)

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:52:08 -0400

I remember when doing my rebuild the cones were fairly easy to get on the
gears.  I did my own machining with a drill motor and a file.  Don't remember
the exact details of how I did this (it was forty years ago!), but it worked
fine for the next thirty thousand miles.  :-)

Sent from my keyboard

"smoothies".
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]