Subject: [Spridgets] Looking for a piece of seat vinyl

From: "Richard Ball" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:21:48 -0700

So a while back I met up with a couple old friends for a semi regular
breakfast at a local greasy spoon.  My buddy Tim has been bringing his
daughter to these for some time so as usual Marley was with him this time as
well.  After breakfast we all headed out to the parking lot to go our separate
ways and ended up standing around the Midget talking.

Now these particular friends are not car guys so of course the Midget is a bit
of a curiosity to them.  So while we were standing around talking I told
Marley to climb in and try it for style.  As all kids do she seemed to be
enjoying it and when she decided to get out wanted to do some sort of race car
driver exit thing and hop out over the closed door.  Well, to do this she put
a little too much weight on the back of the old driver seat and RIPPPP went
the vinyl.  I heard it and so did her dad who was mortified but she did not.

I shrugged it off and told Tim & Marley not to worry and that it was always
kind of torn and that she didn't do any harm.  She's not the first kid I've
let sit in it.

So my long winded question is this, does anyone have a spare drivers seat,
seat back vinyl cover that they are willing to part with?  I had plans to drop
a recovered set of '65-'68 seats into it at some point, but with resent family
medical bills that dream is a while off.  What I am looking for is just the
vinyl cover for the driver's side seat back from a black '70 to '79 seat.  I
figure since some of you have recovered your seats there may be one out there
gathering dust.  Let me know what you've got and what you need for it.

Thanks

Rich Ball

'76 Midget

Everett, WA
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive