Subject: [Spridgets] Horn contact question, 62 Sprite "Pinky".

From: Linda Grunthaner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 16:34:19 -0400

List,
Question, can someone help me with a horn contact problem? I finally got
around to re-installing my Sprite stock steering wheel and also a horn
assembly I bought 4 years ago after not liking the 12" racing steering
wheel I installed 3 years ago. Yes time takes time.  I understand the
contact aka horn brush with spring assembly goes into the hole on the
steering wheel then on to the small hole in the steering wheel boss but
what makes the contact? If it is to touch the metal on the dash behind the
plastic boss I don't see much metal to make contact. Should there be a
metal washer or clip attached to the metal section of frame? Can I add a
metal washer so long as it touches the metal dash? I see no wires, clips or
anything back behind the dash.
Lin

62 Sprite "Pinky"
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 17:56:00 -0400

There should be a brass slip-ring in the top of the steering column seen
when the steering wheel is removed. The spring loaded double ended grounding
brush goes thru the hole in the steering wheel and one end contacts the
slip-ring on the top of the steering column and the other end contacts the
back side of the steering wheel center push.

There is a discussion here:
http://www.british-cars.net/mg-midget-sprite-technical-bbs/horn-pushhow-does
-the-earth-work-2009030712422329298.htm

Or: http://tinyurl.com/mb7puje

And a similar exploded view here:
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29141

-----Original Message-----

List,

62 Sprite "Pinky"
------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]