Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Sprites at the 24hr du Mans

From: "G & J Swann-Price" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:02:19 +0100

Hi,

Here is a potted history of Sprite running at Le Mans. Most notable are the
class wins of 60 and 65.

Year

Position

Starters

Classified

Car Number

Team / Entrant
Car - Engine

Driver, Nationality

Engine
(cc)

Group

Laps

Km

Reason Out /
Notes

1960

16/55

16

46

Donald Healey Motor Co, GB
Austin-Healey Sprite 'Sebring'

John Dalton, GB
John K. Colgate Jr, USA
DNS John Sprinzel,
DNS Ross

996

S 1.0

246

3,307

Sports cars, CSI Class 6 Winner:

851-1000cc

1961

45/55

DNF

42

Donald Healey Motor Co, GB
Austin Healey Sebring Sprite

John K. Colgate Jr, USA
Paul Hawkins, AUS

994

S 1.0

64

Valve failure after 8 hours

1962

No Entry

1963

30/49

DNF

42

Donald Healey Motor Co, GB
Austin-Healey Sprite 1100

Sir John Whitmore, GB
Bob Olthoff, GB/ZA

1100

P

94

Accident after 9 hours

1964

24/55

24

53

Donald Healey Motor Co, GB
Austin Healey Sebring Sprite

Clive Baker, GB
William 'Bill' Bradley, GB

1101

P

257

3,458

1965

12/51

12

49

Donald Healey Motor Co, GB
Austin-Healey Sprite Le Mans

Paul Hawkins, AUS
John Rhodes, GB
DNS Timo Mdkinen, SF

1293

P

278

3,726

Class Winner: Prototype 1151 - 1300cc

1966

18/55

DNF

49

Donald Healey Motor Co, GB
Austin Healey Sprite Le Mans

Paddy Hopkirk, IRL
Andrew Hedges, GB

1293

P

237

Con rod after 21 hours.

1967

15/54

15

51

Donald Healey Motor Co, GB
Austin-Healey Sprite Le Mans

Clive Baker, GB
Andrew Hedges, GB

1292

P
1300

289

3,897

Won Motor Trophy for 1st British car home.

1968

15/54

15

50

Donald Healey Motor Co, GB
Austin-Healey Sprite Le Mans

Roger Enever, GB
Alec Poole, GB

1293

P 1300

255

3,421

Won Motor Trophy & Rudge Whitworth Bi-annual Trophy.

Geri

  _____

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
a_1960_frog
Sent: 26 June 2013 02:27
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Sprites at the 24

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26PM

Hi all,

With this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans over, I was wondering if back in the
day, did anyone ever campaign a Sprite at the 24? Here in the states it used
to clean up in H Production SCCA racing.

Cheers

Forrest

__._,_.___

<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxcXRhbzM5BF9TAzk3MzU5
NzE0BGdycElkAzI2NzQ2NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MDM0NDQ2BG1zZ0lkAzQxMDYzBHNlYwNmdHIE
c2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM3MjIxMDAxNQ--?act=reply&messageNum=41063> Reply via
web post

to sender

Reply to group

<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYXBybTBzBF9TAzk3MzU5
NzE0BGdycElkAzI2NzQ2NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MDM0NDQ2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3Rp
bWUDMTM3MjIxMDAxNQ--> Start a New Topic

<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/message/41063;_ylc=X3oDMTM2N25saXR2BF9
TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI2NzQ2NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MDM0NDQ2BG1zZ0lkAzQxMDYzBHN
lYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM3MjIxMDAxNQR0cGNJZAM0MTA2Mw--> Messages in
this topic (1)

Recent Activity:

*
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbTYzYzRyBF9TAzk3M
zU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI2NzQ2NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MDM0NDQ2BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzB
HN0aW1lAzEzNzIyMTAwMTU-?o=6> New Members 2

*
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdDFqNWg5BF9TAzk3MzU
5NzE0BGdycElkAzI2NzQ2NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MDM0NDQ2BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN
0aW1lAzEzNzIyMTAwMTU-> New Photos 12

<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmVqMG0zBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0B
GdycElkAzI2NzQ2NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MDM0NDQ2BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDM
TM3MjIxMDAxNQ--> Visit Your Group

If you wish to unsubscribe from the Austin Healey Bugeye Frogeye Sprite
Club, please send a blank email to:  [email-masked]
If you no longer want to receive emails, but wish to remain a member of the
group, you may go to the website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/ and
change your subscription to "Web Only" and you will not receive any emails.

<http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkZ2hkcHFxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI2N
zQ2NDAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MDM0NDQ2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzcyMjEwMDE1>
Yahoo! Groups

Switch to:
t:%20Traditional> Text-Only,
Daily Digest 
  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Use 
edesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1> Send us Feedback

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=2674640/grpspId=1706034446/msgId
=41063/stime=1372210015>

__,_._,___
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive