Subject: [Spridgets] NFI - 1967 Saab Sonnet ii - $2750

From: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 20:51:10 -0400

I stumbled across this on the Raleigh, NC craigslist and remembered races
Sonnets:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3885920275.html

This a restoration project has all parts (there are Saab sonnets out there
still) but this is one of 232 made) so worth a little more if you got the
time/connections and/or skills this is restoration project with a big
payback
http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1967/Saab/Sonett-II/2-Door-Sport-Coup
e/Values
Some one said they bought one already for 500.00, not this model, plus this
has all parts so no searching for stuff, just start cleaning and putting
back together(father started project before he passed) And the roll bar is
factory, these cars came SCCA race ready from the factory( The price is a
starting Point , not set in Stone) 

*	Location: obo
*	it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial
interests

Posting ID: 3885920275

Posted: 2013-06-21, 2:30PM 
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:19:24 -0700 (PDT)

If you go to the snow mobile 2 stroke racing oil not even as much as in your
picture.
I ran the stuff in my 3 cylinder 2 stroke DKW 3=6
You can cut back the ratio of oil to gas - It will only give a puff at start
up.
What most people do not realize is the new synthetic oils you can run leaner.
Why? Because these cars was designed to put regular oil in the gas.
Most 2 strokes had a mixing basket - you pour the oil in then gas up.
later they went to an oil injection system.
 
Vigil 

--- On Thu, 6/27/13, Lester <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NFI - 1967 Saab Sonnet ii - $2750
To: "Spridget list" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, June 27, 2013, 9:47 PM

Close.. the "Shrike" was an advertising name for the SAAB 96 2 stroke in '68.
Yes, it had an 820cc (Down from 850cc) engine with a big yellow dot on it to
verify that it was the small displacement engine.  The Sonett (Model 97 ) in
'67 was the 850 cc engine with some extra horses coaxed out of it with a
triple carb, full web crank, dual fuel pumps, and I believe different
porting.
They don't weigh very much and are a real giggle to drive.  And when properly
set up with the right oil ratio/right oil they only smoke a little.. here's
mine on the dyno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzcP5vDdGrk

Lester

On Jun 26, 2013, at 8:17 PM, <[email-masked]>
<[email-masked]>
wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_Sonnett
>
> In the US, the two-stroke engine was called the 'Shrike' at that time. Its
> displacement was reduced slightly, to 819 cc to avoid emission regulations
> which exempted engines under 50 in3...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_two-stroke
> ================================================
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dean Swanson
> Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:51 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Spridgets] NFI - 1967 Saab Sonnet ii - $2750
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:15:46 -0500

There are several good racing two stroke oils.. Silkolene is what I use and
Amsoil I think makes one as well.  No one other than the Bonneville guys want
to run less oil..  it get's very expensive to see how little oil you can run.
;-)  The Sonett has oil injection but not like a bike, there are actually
passages cast into the block, one to each cylinder and one to each bearing and
one more to the distributor gear IIRC and a neat pump that puts one tiny
squirt for each revolution.

And the smoke on that one came mainly from the dyno guys lugging it trying to
get it up the ramp.  After they failed a few times they let me drive it up
there.  You can hear and see  when that finally burns off and the engine
smooths out.

Lester

picture.
up.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:35:28 -0400

Sorry - It's more then 1-1/2 hrs from me - In Warrenton, NC. Yes he has the
title. It was disassembled in 2006 or there about his dad drove it where is
sits and when he came back in 2009 to take care of his dad the pictures of
it now is how he found it.

-----Original Message-----

From: Lester 

Dean, if you are or anyone else is close I would sure like more info on that
car..

Lester

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Lester <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 23:49:57 -0500

A SAAB guy I know checked the car out and spoke to the owner.  He sent the VIN
and now wants a lot for the car.  As a car, not so much.  As parts there are
plenty there.  I'm not interested in another rust repair project. I've seen
some more pictures and it's going to need a LOT of work.

Thanks for thinking of us poor SAAB folk.  Keep those cards and letters
coming!

Lester

[email-masked]