Subject: [Spridgets] renamed: UK Bugeye with tail fins

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:03:27 -0700

UK Bugeye with tail fins: http://tinyurl.com/qakxhcb
Bill in Oregon
======================================
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of GUY DAY
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:45 AM
To: Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] anyone ever hear of a factory Mk I Sprite,
w/boot/trunk lid?

There probably were/are some in the UK and in my younger days even recall 
seeing an advertisement about them with a boast of a 'U' shaped lip and seal

for the lid.  If I remember the fittings/hinges were from am A30 or A35.  I 
always wondered (not so much nowadays) where the water went when the lip was

full as there was no drain hole and the opening didn't seem to fold round 
far enough back to let it drain over the outside of the bodywork.  I can 
also recall debate about the opening being large enough to get the spare 
wheel and tyre through.

I don't really know why, after someone has come up with a bright idea and 
had their Spridget altered or even done it themselves (any adequately 
skilled body chap could do it), it is always attributed to the 'unique and 
rare factory modified' unrecorded design done by Donald and Geoffrey Healey 
in secret in the barn at the side of their house....

BTW, have you seen the recent pictures of the thoroughly rusted one for sale

at Bury in the UK that Donald and Geoffrey Healey modified with a Ford Pinto

engine, rear fins and a plate with a 3 legged frog design on the hood? 
<Just one more minor modification that hasn't been recorded in the factory 
archives.... LOL>

Guy R Day
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive