Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Which water pump pulley?

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 23:53:17 -0400

I'm not sure the pulley diference is the issue.  Either pulley's front face
mounts to the flange of the water pump.
I don't think how many groves the pulley has changes anything.

So we have to wonder..Victoria says it should fit but in your case it does
not.  

Are you running the stock radiator?  Is it possible that somewhere in the
past it has been re-cored and is now thicker?
Is the radiator mounted correctly?

Do some water pumps front flanges extend further forward then others?

Call Victoria and tell them your problem.  Maybe they can tell you something
you didn't know.
In any case, if you tell them it does not fit then I'm sure they will take
it back.

Now I have to ask... I'm sure all the best intentions, but why does your son
think you need an electric cooling fan? 

Is there an overheating issue here that we need to talk about first (before
we go and slap on an electric fan bandaid)?

I cannot re-itterate enough, about how improved my cooling system became
when I took my radiator to a specialist
and he cleaned it out.  

Also, before attempting this electric fan, did you have the 6 bladed yellow
polymer fan?  

-----Original Message-----
Subject: [Spridgets] Which water pump pulley?

Hello All; 

My son bought me an electric fan for father's day (Early), but it doesn't
fit. He bought it from Vic Brit and it's supposed to fit. We have the fan
pulley with two grooves for fan belts. I know there is a pulley that only
has one fan belt groove. My question is, would it be shorter and allow the
fan to fit? The current fit is only off by a about a quarter inch. 

Any help would be appreciated. 
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 07:21:59 -0400

Dean is right in asking you: "why does your son think you need an electric
cooling fan?"  Assuming your car is running an A series engine, the cooling
systems (particularly the one used for later 1275s) were pretty darn good.
An electric cooling fan, on a Spridget, sounds like taking the long way
around and still not addressing the root problem.

Bud Osbourne

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dean Hedin
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 11:53 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Which water pump pulley?

I cannot re-itterate enough, about how improved my cooling system became
when I took my radiator to a specialist and he cleaned it out.  

-----Original Message-----

Hello All; 

[email-masked]