Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Cooling Fan Type

From: John Kuzman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 14:23:53 -0700 (PDT)

Here was my solution to the "can" issue.
 
http://www.spridgetmania.com/part/12A312/Spacer-Fan---Mini-Cooper-Sprite-Morr
is-Minor

________________________________
 From: John Farley
<[email-masked]>
To: Mailing List Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:08 AM
Subject: [Spridgets] Cooling Fan Type
On my 1275 Bugeye I am about to replace the stock downflow radiator with a
new
aluminum one. I have been using the stock 4 blade fan, shimmed out to
clear
the "can" on the front of the 1275. Looks like a 6 blade plastic fan
would
require even more shimming, so I am debating between retaining the
current 4
blade fan set-up or removing it altogether and installing an
electric fan in
its place between the radiator and engine.  ( I was told
that with the
aluminum radiator the only time a fan really would be needed
would be sitting
at idle.)  The group's wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks,  John F.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate:

Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Michael Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 18:33:42 -0400

Does anyone have a nifty method for testing unknown or newly rebuilt 
transmissions off the car?  Long ago, I recall someone suggesting a 1/2" 
drill.

Michael Rowe 
------------------------

[email-masked]