Subject: Re: [Spridgets] generator/regulator

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 03:26:32 -0700 (PDT)

All I know is my Bugeye has been running faultlessly for almost 14 years with
a generator and a voltage regulator.  Starts and runs every time and I just
had five Hanger 24 Amarillo Pale Ales, so bite me Dean.

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite (with generator and voltage regulator)
56 BN2 (will have generator and voltage regulator when complete)

--- On Wed, 5/1/13, Dean Hedin <[email-masked]> wrote:
Tell you what.  My final thoughts on this...after several beers.

I think more LBC's have been set aside to rot away as a result of
generator/regulator issues than anything else.
Yep. That's what I believe.

If more folks were proactive back in the 60's and 70's to convert the cars
to alternators then there would be a lot
more surviving LBCs on the road today.  Instead, the owners got frustrated,
parked them "out back", and now they have
a tree growing up through the center of them.  These cars are lost forever.

Yeah, it's great that some can get by with the the original generator setup.
But these individuals
should not scorn the move to convert to alternators.  It is not in their
best interest, nor is it in the best interest
of the hobby in general.

I believe that the the popularity and intrigue of the little British sports
car lives and dies by it's presence on the road.
This is confirmed to me every day that I observe a "head turn" as my little
Bugeye blasts by someone.
They can't belive what they are looking at.
 
It's not hard to convert to an alternator.  But more importantly, it's not
hard to convert back to a generator if you want to
later on.  There is no "heresy" here.  It is a trivial thing. Anyone who
would tell you differently is a backwards 
old fart that can't evolve.  Shame on them!

So don't be an asshole and somehow try to claim that the generator is better
or as good as an alternator.
You can't win the arguemet. Go ahead.  I am ready to defend the alternator.

Mr. Rowe is struggling here.  Spring time is Sprite time.  Can we get past
this?

Make them reliable.  Drive them all you can...   
------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive