Subject: [Spridgets] ITIDWFWD*

From: Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 10:28:28 -0500

List,
     I Just bought sight unseen a 63 that hasn't been able to run for 
more than 3 minutes for 2 years despite tons of money thrown at it.

We agreed on a price before I saw it. I drove 2-1/2 hours to Green 
Bay to see it. Bought it. Fixed it in less than 10 minutes. Offered 
to undo the sale. He declined.

So I drove it another 80 miles to the tip of Door County in Wisconsin 
(the bit that protrudes into Lake Michigan) Gave rides to many 
relatives. Then I drove it home to Madison, 5 hours; the last hour 
and a half in gale winds and some drizzle. No top installed, of course.

WHAT A FREAKING BLAST!!!!

This is not my first, or my last. Just a real joy. Somewhat original. 
Some flaws. Great driver.

Love it! It's been a whole year since I've had a driver. (still have 
a few "in the wings" as it were)

Peter C

* trans. I think I did what Frank would do.

   WWFD sticker immediately on the windshield, and another to the 
seller.... who has a Bugeye.   
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive