Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Carlisle, anyone?

From: Jeff Laptop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 22:23:57 -0400

Planning on Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to some Seminars.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

On May 16, 2013, at 3:37 PM, "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Haven't seen any chatter about Import Carlisle, this weekend and was
> wondering who all is planning to be there and whether or not any sort of
> meeting/gathering is planned.
>
> I was going to haul a '76 Midget shell down there, but I chickened out.
> I'll try to move it via Craig's List, before (very reluctantly) consigning
> it to the crusher.
>
>
>
> Anyway, I'll be arriving with my Tartan Red '72 Midget somewhere around
> mid-day, tomorrow.  Hope to see some of yinz there.
>
>
>
> Bud Osbourne
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Howie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 23:05:03 -0400

See you there.

Bud, please email me your vendor stall number. I cannot seem to find the old
email you sent.

Howard

Sent from my iPhone

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Linda Grunthaner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 06:04:15 -0400

OSHIT i was so busy at work this year I missed it?
Lin

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Howie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 05:51:48 -0500

Yep.

BUT Lin, MW also ! !    LMAO
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 06:53:20 -0400

"You snooze, you lose". ;)  For Sprigeteers, it was a target-rich
environment, with a lot of Spridget stuff on hand.  Not a lot of Spridgets
were seen on the show field, if I recall correctly (I spent only enough time
to park my Midget there, before heading over to the swap meet area).  I have
to report that the loud "music", both live and recorded, from the near-by
stage, pretty much drove me away from the British car section of the show
field.

Bud

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Linda Grunthaner
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:04 AM
To: Howie
Cc: Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Carlisle, anyone?

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 07:39:14 -0400 (EDT)

Bud,

Sorry to report that I missed you both times I came by your stall. One of your
compatriots however provided me with some comic relief directed at you in your
absence.

Audi and Saab continue to be the largest groups on the show field. We had
about 12 or 13 Sprites participating in Ricks Sprite Cruise. Mine remained
home up on jack-stands.

Howard

-----Original Message-----
From: Bud Osbourne <[email-masked]>
To: 'Linda Grunthaner' <[email-masked]>; 'Howie' <[email-masked]>
Cc: 'Spridgets' <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, May 21, 2013 6:53 am
Subject: RE: [Spridgets] Carlisle, anyone?

"You snooze, you lose". ;)  For Sprigeteers, it was a target-rich
nvironment, with a lot of Spridget stuff on hand.  Not a lot of Spridgets
ere seen on the show field, if I recall correctly (I spent only enough time
o park my Midget there, before heading over to the swap meet area).  I have
o report that the loud "music", both live and recorded, from the near-by
tage, pretty much drove me away from the British car section of the show
ield.
Bud
-----Original Message-----
rom: [email-masked]
mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Linda Grunthaner
ent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:04 AM
o: Howie
c: Spridgets
ubject: Re: [Spridgets] Carlisle, anyone?
OSHIT i was so busy at work this year I missed it?
in
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 19:50:03 -0400

I must confess, The big revelation for me with Rick's latest gathering
was Jack's Merryman's tech talks.  

I had no idea that he had his hands in so many RARE vintage car
restorations.  Sebrings, Speed Wells, etc... and not only Sprites,
but other notable vintage British sports cars.

And not only cars, but he has restored alot of old vintage motorcycles
(which I found out while talking to him at the AACA museum).  This
was a special treat for me, since I had worked at a motorcycle shop
during my high school years and had worked on Triumphs' and Nortons.

Not to mention the AACA museum had a special exhibit on British motorcycles.

Jack should write a book on all that he has done.  Daniel, hook up with him
and make an effort to preserve the "secret history" of the BMC specials.
He has intimate knowledge on the factory prepared engines.
If you don't than someone else will; maybe me.    

If the only thing that happened at Rick's next gathering was an hour talk
by Jack, then I would I would gladly attend.

Fortunately Rick's event was more than this.  It was a chance to hook up 
with some cool folks of the past.   

Another cool thing that popped up was that couple that showed up at the 
Fireside mountain grill on Friday night.  I don't know who she was, but she
had a real clean Bugeye with a 1275 and a Moss supercharger. It was
unbelievable. And she was talking how she wants to make it "original"!
I think I was the only witness on that one.  Why are all the cool chicks
taken?

None-the-less, there were reasonable criticisms of the event.  
There was a lot of travel between several hotels that were in close 
proximity.  I think we would be better off to stay at one hotel in Carlise
and with some local events.  Nothing at the hotel, but perhaps some historic
tours in the area.h     

I am going to provide my suggestions to Rick and Cindy to make the 60th
a success.  Most importantly, I think a rally through the rolling hills of
central PA is in order.  How about a mileage Rally? What ar your thoughts?

Don't worry. The sixieth will be something very special.  
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Howie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 21:15:11 -0400

TSD rally all the way, Dean. Do it!

Howard

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 07:12:04 -0400

Howard,

Yes, the guys told me you had stopped by.  Very sorry I wasn't there to meet
you (and to defend myself ;)).  With that group, a thick skin is an
essential survival tool!

Bud

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:39 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Carlisle, anyone?

Bud,

Sorry to report that I missed you both times I came by your stall. One of
your compatriots however provided me with some comic relief directed at you
in your absence.

Howard
------------------------

[email-masked]