Subject: [Spridgets] Condensers - Information you should know

From: Martyn Ridley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 11:21:07 -0400

Promised I would update the list.  If you have an orange wire condenser, 
think about it.  Yes, its more money - but who wants to spend the 
afternoon waiting for the wrecker to tow you home.

Cheers,

Martyn,

We dismantled orange wired ones from four different manufacturers, they 
had between a metre & 1.5 metres of packing , O.E. Lucas & my yellow 
ones have 3.0 metres.They are #6.95 each.

Regards

Martin Jay
Distributor Doctor Ltd
01398 361 678

www.distributordoctor.com
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 13:28:15 -0500

Martin,
         I forwarded your comments below to Jeff Schlemmer at 
Advanced Distributors. (he made a worthy presentation at the Midget 
50th at Elkhart Lake last year, and is a Spridget owner)

         Here is his response:
Peter, I'd be happy if you could post my reply to this thread...

Its not about length, its about microfarads and bleed-down rate, as 
well as internal shorts.  I just spent hours evaluating condensers 
for Moss, including Martin's version.  The tell-tale sign that a 
condenser will live a short life is limited (or no) bleed-down of 
stored voltage.  That is where a couple manufacturers of (orange, 
black, red, and green wire) condensers go wrong.  I personally chose 
to use orange wire on my condensers, and they are made properly, as 
are Martin's condensers, and a couple others.  There are at least 9 
versions in current production.
Jeff Schlemmer
Advanced Distributors

At 10:21 AM 5/15/2013, Martyn Ridley wrote:
>Promised I would update the list.  If you have an orange wire 
>condenser, think about it.  Yes, its more money - but who wants to 
>spend the afternoon waiting for the wrecker to tow you home.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Martyn,
>
>We dismantled orange wired ones from four different manufacturers, 
>they had between a metre & 1.5 metres of packing , O.E. Lucas & my 
>yellow ones have 3.0 metres.They are #6.95 each.
>
>
>
>Regards
>
>Martin Jay
>Distributor Doctor Ltd
>01398 361 678
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>
>
>-----
>No virus found in this message.
>Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>Version: 2013.0.3336 / Virus Database: 3162/6325 - Release Date: 05/15/13
------------------------

[email-masked]