Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bad batch of Condensers

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 23:46:57 -0400

I don't think there was ever a bad batch of rotors.

I think the original Lucas rotors were marginal, and combined with modern
high output ignition coils (or an MSD box) then they arc through and fail.

This outfit makes a new rotor that is much better.
http://www.advanceddistributors.com/

Perhaps they have a better condenser solution as well

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Martyn Ridley
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Spridgets] Bad batch of Condensers

Just as there was a bad batch of black rotors several years ago there 
now seems to be a bad batch of condensers out there.  How do you tell 
the good from the bad?

Cheers,
Martyn
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:09:48 -0400

Martyn,

You can measure the condensors with a capacitance meter.  Typically
automotive condensors are about 0.2-0.3 uf.

Assuming that one mode of failure is that they short internally, then you
can just put the multi-meter on 
continuity check and see if the condensor is shorted. 

-----Original Message-----

Just as there was a bad batch of black rotors several years ago there now
seems to be a bad batch of condensers out there.  How do you tell the good
from the bad?

Cheers,
Martyn
------------------------

[email-masked]

[email-masked]