Subject: Re: [Spridgets] generator/regulator

From: "rrengineer.mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 06:14:54 -0700

Why don't you just have the regulator converted to solid state? B I had it done for my Bugeye and my BN2 that boyh use a generator.

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Sb" III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Michael Rowe <[email-masked]> 
Date:  
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] generator/regulator 
 
Report from the auto electric shop:
These two guys drive American cars from the '60s - no shiney chrome and 
paint, just old cars kept running as daily drivers.B  They are very 
sympathetic, brought me into the back of the shop, and taught me how things 
work and how to test.

1.B  The battery is good on my VOM.B  It simply no longer works properly - 
sometimes.B  Other times, it is fine.B  It's "retired."
2. The $11 analog VOM works well and is easy toB  interpret, but the cables 
are too short to be useful on a car.
3.B  My old regulator is toast.B  OneB  of the points is perminantly closed. 
Maybe adjustable.
4.B  My new regulator, adjusted by Moss for $20 extra, doesn't work.B  The 
generator guy said not to try to adjust it, but to send it back.B  He 
happened to have a different brand in the bottomB  of a cabinet, which he 
sold me.
5.B  The new generator works fine.B  The old one probably works fine also.
6. If you forget to attach all the wires properly, you get some funny 
numbers.
7.B  I have not yet clearly demonstrated charging.B  The battery is full, so 
maybe the field is shut off.B  Can't see the points on the new regulator and 
may have to take it out to get a closer look at the design.
8.B  More tests today.

But I'm driving!
Michael Rowe
The Holy Sprite
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive