Subject: [Spridgets] Coolant Leak

From: "Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:09:54 -0500 a=zZKT3jqqOw0A:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=V6f-GIhDAAAA:8 a=uCZ11zaSLWkA:10 a=W0-ZpGrWjLg8keZ0zegA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=V6RE5z5OoxD22U2SZb2tBg==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0

As most of you know I have been involved in Spridgets for a long time but 
for the life of me I am stumped.

My 1275 Bugeye has a coolant leak that I can't find.  I is dripping about a 
cup of coolant over night from the right side frame rail under the steering 
rack.  It is not from any of the hoses or the thermostat housing.  I can 
find no leaks from the cylinder head and the radiator is dry on the bottom 
side.  I can't see or feel any wet spots around the water pump and no trail 
is visible from the drip location.  The overflow hose extends well below the 
frame rail and the block drain valve is dry.  The temp sender in the 
radiator and the second one in the head is dry too.  The radiator doesn't 
appear to be loosing coolant so it must be coming from the block.  The 
heater box and valve are dry as well.  I was planning on pulling the 
radiator so I can have a better look but I know if do I will spill some 
coolant and maybe not find the wet spot that is leaking.  Am I missing 
something obvious?

Mark
Nashville 
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive