Subject: [Spridgets] Can't bleed new clutch master - ideas?

From: Rick Bastedo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:07:10 -0700

I know bleeding the clutch can be a nightmare and due to my old master
acting up I went ahead and ordered and replaced my clutch master cylinder.

I've just spent the past couple hours trying to bleed it.

I have clear tubing going from the slave back up to the master so the
bubbles and fluid recirculate.

I have pumped and pumped and no longer have any air bubbles.

Yet when I tighten the bleeder I have no pedal at all.

I have repeated this several times now with the same result.

Oh and it's raining and 45 degrees F and I was soaked so I gave up until
the weather breaks.

Hints, clues, stories? Anything?

I did bench bleed the master before starting this process.

Have heard some have success disconnecting the master and getting it higher
than any bend in the tubing and bleeding by hand, I will try that if it
might work.

Rick (worn out, cold and wet) Bastedo
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive