Subject: [Spridgets] Miata Seats Again

From: Bruce Hamper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:37:31 -0500

Thanks for all the Miata seat information!  Those that have Miata seats; Do
they offer more leg room?  Do I need to look for a particular year of Miata
seats (early vs. 2nd gen Miatas)?
I'm in search of the perfect Miata Seats!
Bruce
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Rick Bastedo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:57:17 -0700

I've got a set from a '95 Miata that work really well. "More leg room"?
Well I don't think so but not less at any rate.
I used the tracks that came with the seats.
Since they came from an open top car that had no top when it was sitting in
the wrecking yard I had to do some pretty hard core rust abatement
especially on the seat pans.
The price was right at $100 for the pair.
New vinyl upholstery will only set you back about $170 and speakers are
readily available.
I also put heaters in mine, since I drive it in all the weather that the
Pacific Northwest has to offer.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fXnwj3nwNzk/UF-fMUkklpI/AAAAAAAAJMw/6OO0mE27GHI/s1024/installed03.jpg
or:
*http://tinyurl.com/b72o3xw*

Rick Bastedo

*************************************************
From: Bruce Hamper <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Spridgets] Miata Seats Again

[email-masked]

---

From: Jeff Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:30:10 -0500

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM, Bruce Hamper wrote:

> Thanks for all the Miata seat information!

Bummer none of that info was ON the list (or if it was I didn't get it) -
I've been considering this upgrade too and was hoping to gather some good
info from your query!

Any chance you can post the best pieces of advice you got?
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:21:14 -0400

If anyone in central North Carolina is looking for a set of Miata seats, I
have a set of black cloth (first series - I think) seats with the seat
tracks (sorry - no speakers) I'll sell for $150.

I bought them some years back for my '62 mkII Sprite, but they did not fit
well with my floor mounted roll bar.

Dean Swanson

'62 A.H. Sprite mkII

Holly Springs, NC
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:38:16 -0400

Looks like I have someone interested - coming next week.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dean Swanson
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Miata Seats Again

Dean Swanson

'62 A.H. Sprite mkII

Holly Springs, NC
------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]