Subject: [Spridgets] Interesting morning

From: Brad Fornal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 18:37:13 -0500

Martha and I were out today, hitting up a few yard sales in the Sprite.
Taking the Sprite, really gives one pause to wonder if ya want it bad
enough to make it fit into limited space.
Turning a corner, shifting into second, the RPM's start to rise. I shut it
down before it got much over 4K. A cursory glance under the bonnet, reveal
that for some reason, the accelerator cable is frozen. After several
attempts to free it up, I settle for a type of a setting at around 2K.
Being only a half mile from Wal Mart, we limp that direction. A quick trip
inside, and I buy their Bell bikefix brake and gear cable set for $7.50 out
the door.
Back in the parking lot, I find that the front brake cable, is an exact
replacement for the accelerator cable. I carry a small tool kit in the car,
as I think most owners of old cars do. I used my wire cutters to remove the
barrel end off the front brake cable. The end that is left, will drop
through into the footwell, without modification. The sheath is the correct
length, as is the cable, at that point. Connect it to your linkage, and
Bob's your uncle.
It has a bit of a drag in it, but it got me home. A better option than
towing, or leaving it while going for a trailer.
Just thought I would share.

YMMV.

Brad

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive