Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Pink Sprite on ebay...I want it : )

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:08:44 -0400

Too bad you didn't ask about this yesterday.  I was 20 miles from the car this
morning on my way to Kentucky.  I'm in Lousiville now and won't return to
Michigan until after the sale ends.   :-(

Got to get my '61 Deep Pink Sprite finished soon.

Sent from my keyboard

On Apr 12, 2013, at 6:30 AM, Linda Grunthaner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Guys & Gals,
> Time to wipe the tears and get back to Spridget business : ), Frank would
> want it that way so here we go.
>
> I want this pink Sprite in Michigan : )
> The body looks great as we all know I need to replace my rockers on Pinky.
> But sometimes these repaints have bondo under the paint. The sale is for 2
> more days it is in Highland MI and I'm going to see if my nephew-in-law can
> take a look with a magnet unless somebody is near that location. No loss if
> I can't get it I'll just fire up my welder but this looks really nice.
>
>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321103483990&fr
omMakeTrack=true#v4-40
>
> Tell me what you think as I reply to the owner to test the rockers with a
> magnet, which is what I should have done with Pinky back in 2006. But I
> still love my LBC.
>
> Happy Spridgeting : )
> Lin
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:50:45 -0400

Linda, 

Looks like a good restoration candidate.  Dash looks very intact.
Seems to be missing the brake pedal box, but I'm sure you can find one of
those.

I've only seen one other pink one.  It suprizes me that more were not sold
in this color.
I wonder what the male to female ratio in sales was with these cars in the
US. 
I tend to feel that it was mostly guys.  I've known only a few folks who've
bought 
Sprites and Midgets new. All of them were guys.   

This is definitely a case for keeping the original color.  

When I went down to visit Frank before he passed away, He had just finished
painting that 
Midget in the "Harvest Gold".  It looked awsome. It reminded me of
"Bracken", which is another
color that I love from that time but I have not seen for a while.
 
Anyhow, we spent along time talking about how the original colors really
date the vehicle.   
It's part of their character.

My brother has a GT6 he is restoring.  He is on the fence about what color
to paint it.  
It's original color is "Damson Plum".  I keep telling him to paint it the
original color. 
If someone gave you a Super Bee that was in faded "Plum Crazy" how could you
NOT paint it in the 
original color?

My other brother is restoring a '74 Midget that was originally colord
"Tundra".
All he sees is fadded olive drab.  But I know in it's original glossy it
looks awsome!
And it is not a common color.  He wants to pain it white.  Sigh..

Get yourself the rare and coveted Pink Sprite 
Like Mark B. and his Weber.  "Life is too short for Linda to not have a Pink
Sprite"     
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:19:15 -0700 (PDT)

If I were looking for a Sprite, I would grab this car. I have corresponded with 
the seller and he is very fortcoming so I would expect he would be easy to 
effect a transaction.

I didn't specifically ask him about the cars condition; I was only interested in 
pics of the car.

If this car goes for less than $2,000, it's a steal IMO.

You can by a lot of sh*t out there but this is the real thing.

 jay
61 Innocenti Spider
63 Pink Sprite Mk II
To: Linda Grunthaner <[email-masked]>; Spridget list 
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, April 12, 2013 10:50:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Pink Sprite on ebay...I want it : )

Linda, 

[email-masked]

---

From: Linda Grunthaner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 15:40:08 -0400

The seller replied he just went to Germany making it difficult to
comunicate before the auction ends. No reply if he has a title either which
was my concern. I'm most happy with my pink sprite because Frank helped me
with it. She still drives great and I have my mig and UK made rockers. Back
to welding but this pinky is hard to pass up. I'm sure with one day left it
will go for under 2k
Lin

> Get yourself the rare and coveted Pink Sprite
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 14:49:59 -0500

<< On 4/13/2013 2:40 PM, Linda Grunthaner wrote:
> I'm sure with one day left it will go for under 2k >>

Then GET her, Lin <G> ! ! !

"new" and/or "new replacement titles CAN be gotten <D> <G> <G> ! ! !

Ed
------------------------

[email-masked]