Subject: Re: [Spridgets] ACD Museum

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 10:31:01 -0800 (PST)

HealeyRick and I visited the ACD Museum a few years ago and it is quite the 
museum. One of those places where it is hard to fathom the depth of the cars on 
display.

I recommend a visit to anyone.

 jay

________________________________
From: Bob Kitterer <[email-masked]>
To: Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, March 1, 2013 1:07:54 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] ACD Museum

Photos from the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum have been added to my web site.
Photos from four other museums will be add in the near future.

http://www.gpsztwo.net/automotive/auto-museums/acd-museum-photos/

Enjoy
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Larry Macy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 17:35:59 -0500

I am pretty sure that is where we stopped on the way to the Midget 50th. Me
the Clarici clan and Phil Nase and Jane. Was a veddy cool place. I could
stayed for another day, but we were on our way to a PARTY!!

Larry

On Mar 1, 2013, at 13:31 PM, Jay <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Rambour <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 15:22:46 -0800

I went there about 18-20 years ago, I was sent to South Bend for 2 
weeks and on the weekend I was bored and drove up to the ACD, I really 
loved it but I had not planned on going there so  I got there near 
closing time, luckily they let me be the last out of the building so I 
got about an hour to look around.  I was really impressed, especially 
with the full size (or was it 3/4 size?) clay model and all the offices 
showing how they worked, etc. I hope that is still there and did not get 
removed to add more cars.

   Then by pure luck a month later I was sent back to South Bend, this 
time I planned on being at the ACD at opening time on Saturday AND I was 
still there at closing time!  One of the curators came by mid-afternoon 
and asked me how I was doing because he had noticed I had been there all 
day, I ended up with a tour of non-public areas and saw some of their 
stuff that they don't exhibit, I really loved it.  GREAT auto museum and 
one that should be on everyones bucket list.

     mike

On 03/01/2013 09:36 AM, Bob Kitterer wrote:
> Bob and Dolores
> 1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
> 1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
> ------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]