Subject: [Spridgets] Aluminium Radiators - From China

From: Martyn Ridley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:41:15 -0400

Has anybody any experience with the aluminium radiators being advertised 
by several groups on E-Bay.  Its time for the Frog to get a replacement 
so I checked about and there seem to be several different firms selling 
but, and this is a big but, not from the places I where expected to buy 
- Moss US/UK, Brown& Gammons, AH Spares, Head 4 Healeys etc. - not even 
Vicky B.  All I found was a strong denouncement from Speedwell - and 
their version looks very different and at twice the price.

Appreciate any feedback you may have.

Cheers,
Martyn
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Tncarnut1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:01:35 -0400

I'm sitting here wondering how many of the coming responses will contain a quote from Frank...

>From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

Martyn Ridley <[email-masked]> wrote:

Has anybody any experience with the aluminium radiators being advertised 
by several groups on E-Bay.B  Its time for the Frog to get a replacement 
so I checked about and there seem to be several different firms selling 
but, and this is a big but, not from the places I where expected to buy 
- Moss US/UK, Brown& Gammons, AH Spares, Head 4 Healeys etc. - not even 
Vicky B.B  All I found was a strong denouncement from Speedwell - and 
their version looks very different and at twice the price.

Cheers,
Martyn
------------------------

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:06:41 -0400 (EDT)

You tend to get what you pay for.  If I was in the USA I'd buy an  
aluminium radiator from Tom Colby at Speedwell.  In fact even though I'm in  the UK 
I still bought my replacement Panhard rod tower from Tom who made it in a  
bespoke size for me.
 
Radiators from China are a bit like con-rods from China - they might be a  
bargain but then again they might not.
 
Weslake Monza 1330

In a message dated 20/03/2013 18:43:31 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Cheers,
Martyn
------------------------

[email-masked]