Subject: [Spridgets] Motor Porter

From: James Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:35:56 -0700 (PDT)

Linda,
 
Who needs a high tech tool like that. I can recall jacking up my '63
Bug, disconnecting all bolts and hoses and wires, and along with a couple of
friends dropping the whole engine onto a big stack of newspapers. Reverse was
just about the same. We might have used a scissors jack to balance the engine
atop of as we put it back in place. With some of those students of yours you
ought to be able to do the same. Can't say it was exactly safe but "Necessity
Is The..."
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Derf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:02:44 -0500

Somewhere there's a video of a father/son team who drive a Beetle up, swap out
the motor, and drive off in under 30 minutes.
------------------------

[email-masked]