Subject: [Spridgets] PC trouble - Gigabyte H77N motherboard - No LBC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:32:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi list,
 
Just purchased a new motherboard and case to for my wife to replace the  
board she managed to kill (on the video) and a new case as the old one was  
ancient and not very well ventilated (linked to board death).  Also  installed 
W7 on it.
 
I've had better installs (board had a bios I'd never seen before) and once  
I'd managed to get of XP from the hard drive and complete the W7 
installation  everything was ok.
 
Of course the board needs the board specific graphic driver, sound driver  
(I guess) and eventually wi-fi install.
 
After the first install everything the PC failed to re-boot and showed a  
blue screen of death.  After a few more re-boots I gave and up reinstalled  
W7.  Everything now ok and no problem with several cold re-boots.  I  then 
only installed 3 or 4 of the motherboard software  drivers/applications.  PC 
then failed to reboot, BSOD etc.
 
Reinstalled W7 and PC boots up ok so I'm confident something on the  
motherboard software is the issue.  I've googled the board name and not  found any 
reported software faults so welcome any advice - such as how to get a  
better video driver by itself etc etc.
 
Weslake-Monza 1330
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive