Subject: [Spridgets] Question about oil - No LBC content

From: David Booker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:54:00 -0800 (PST)

I have used synthetic oil in my Frontier since it was new and intend to
continue, but just got something from my local dealer saying they will change
the oil & filter for $20. Obviously, this is not going to be synthetic. I have
never once in my life paid somebody to change the oil in any of my
vehicles...but it's real cold out there and I don't have a garage at the
moment. So I am ever so slightly tempted.

So, I have heard that you are not
supposed to go back and forth between synthetic and non-synthetic oil. Is this
true? I can't think of a reason it would be, but I'm no chemical engineer.
(tho I do play one on TV) ;-)

Thoughts? 

 - David
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Kitterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:53:41 -0800

Unless something has changed in the last couple of years there is no problem switching back and forth.  It is brake fluid that you can not switch.  Also if you have the oil I'll bet they will put it in for you.  I do that all the time with the RV, which is way to big for me to handle.

Bob and Dolores
60 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise )
66 Sprite (still in boxes)

------------------------

[email-masked]