Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Seats

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 20:13:14 -0600 cv=pj97rWZ28UB8kLfmnsTZJouRq3qYSelmwyJagC3zNXI= c=1 sm=0 a=X6EWi9_stYMA:10 a=pVMl2t813bUA:10 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=Mf1v_7_OAAAA:8 a=8cHjVLItAAAA:8 a=g8EB0Y9AAAAA:8 a=5lucXWJGAAAA:8 a=NS7y1Q0JAAAA:8 a=gvjPYoMOAAAA:8 a=7KAlNBJNAAAA:8 a=HZJGGiqLAAAA:8 a=c5wV_mwg6dSyyMOoeMAA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=J0aUVQLP0FIA:10 a=wnrYmdMawgQA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=VgdHWzi9AekA:10 a=KUe5-xK6SMEA:10 a=ZvGnWCJfGGMA:10 a=HeoGohOdMD0A:10 a=Y89mA_SwKk1St2hQ:21 a=AVY7QR-Hj1k_hDtc:21 a=fhuVvdCTjyXIrQK6r-wA:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=tXsnliwV7b4A:10 a=yEeCPpIREcEBCQNg:21 a=HpAAvcLHHh0Zw7uRqdWCyQ==:

That is exactly who it was and I did the same deal with bsamplesb

lEO

From: Michael MacLean
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 3:58 PM
To: Jay ; [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Seats

      Maybe the one you are thinking of is Hanson Rivet.  I used them also for
my valve cover plates.  They usually sell in the 100s or thousands of rivets,
but the salesman told me if I bought a bucking tool (10 bucks or so) he would
send me a dozen "samples" of different sizes close to what I needed.  That was
ten years ago.  I still have the tool and more rivets than I will need for the
BN2 I am doing.
      Mike MacLean
      60 Sprite
      56 BN2

      www.hansonrivet.com

      --- On Fri, 2/8/13, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
wrote:

        From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
        Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Seats
        To: "Jay" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
        Date: Friday, February 8, 2013, 6:59 PM

        There is a supplier of rivets in California I got mine from along with
the rivets for the valve cover and other parts that needed to be riveted.  I
will find one of the packages this evening and post it.

        Leo

        -----Original Message----- From: Jay
        Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 9:42 AM
        To: wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=[email-masked]
        Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Seats

        What about an industrial supplier such as McMaster-Carr?

        "Moss (US&UK) to do not show them"

        Shocking.

        A quick Google search:

        http://www.mcmaster.com/#rivets/=le1mi4

        And there are other suppliers.

        http://www1.mscdirect.com/eCommerce/NavigationServlet/Fasteners-Adhes
ives/Rivets-Threaded-Inserts-Tools/Rivets-Threaded-Inserts-Sheet-Metal-Fasten
ers/_/N-77dvt

        http://www.bigflatsrivet.com/steel_rivets.html

        jay

        ________________________________
        From: Martyn Ridley <wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=[email-masked]>
        To: wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=[email-masked]
        Sent: Fri, February 8, 2013 10:37:18 AM
        Subject: [Spridgets] Seats

        Does anybody know where you can get the rivets used to hold the seat
frame to
        the track.  Moss (US&UK) to do not show them, nor does the parts
manual. Nut
        and bolt foul the seat base or the track itself.
        ------------------------

        wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=[email-masked]

        Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
        Suggested annual donation: $12.75

        Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
        Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
        Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

        wlmailhtml:/mc/compose?to=[email-masked]

        Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
        Suggested annual donation: $12.75

        Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
        Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
        Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Martyn Ridley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:13:09 -0500

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Regards,
Martyn
On 2/8/2013 9:13 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: charles christ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:34:50 -0800 (PST)

ok i guess i'm old fashioned?   i went  to the local hardware store and
bought what then was termed "soft rivets" and hand bucked them when i had my
bugeye seat tracks replated.   no big deal jusy sold by either the piece or by
the pound.  and yes a bolt (or screw) was not an option due to interference
problems.

chuck
been there , broke it , fixed it , and broke it again 
------------------------

[email-masked]