Subject: [Spridgets] Spridgetly drive

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 17:19:32 -0500 (EST)

Out for a drive in the Sprite today since it's been parked in the garage  
for 3 weeks and due one.
 
I passed a Suburu Impreza who didn't seem like he was in a hurry until  I 
passed him (or the speed limits changed from a 40 mph to a 70 mph?).   Anyway 
as I hoofed the Sprite he did likewise and never moved back in my rear  
view mirror, even though I was changing up later than usual.  I used 4th  (1:1) 
gear (car is a 5 speed) to 6.1K maybe 6.15/6.2K - 175/70 x 13 tyres on a  
3.9 diff - which came up surprisingly quick from 3rd though I suppose I did 
do  80 in 3rd (close ratio box) - you do the math.  After that I moved  over!
 
Somebody else officer, 
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 18:24:39 -0500

Daniel,

I'm surprised you talk mph.  Don't you guys use kph over there?  Or are you
making a concession for us backwards colonists?  :-)

No matter how you measure it, it sounds like a fun ride.  My Midget was put
away for the winter a couple of months ago.  19 degrees Fahrenheit here today
(we don't understand Celsius either) and slippery roads.

Rick

Sent from my keyboard

On Feb 3, 2013, at 5:19 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 13:11:35 -0500 (EST)

Nope, everything else is metric like millimetres and metres but our road  
signs are still in yards and miles and car speedos in mph.

 
In a message dated 03/02/2013 23:24:40 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Daniel,

I'm surprised you talk mph.  Don't you guys use  kph over there?  Or are 
you making a concession for us backwards  colonists?  :-)

No matter how you measure it, it sounds like a fun  ride.  My Midget was 
put away for the winter a couple of months  ago.  19 degrees Fahrenheit here 
today (we don't understand Celsius  either) and slippery roads.

Rick  

Sent from my  keyboard

 
 
------------------------

[email-masked]