Subject: [Spridgets] Brake Hoses - Time to change them

From: James Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:43:21 -0800 (PST)

I was able to confirm this morning that the issue with brakes that caused me
to pull Bugsy off of the road in August and miss all of the rest of the year
for Spridget Fun was caused by a failed RF Brake Hose. I finally had time in
my schedule to perform some Maintenance on Bugsy today and replaced all brake
hoses and Brake Master. Issue was stepping on brakes Bugsy pulled sharply to
the left as if RF Brake was not working properly. A test this PM after
I replaced the RF Hose showed me that air would not pass through this hose.
Maybe fluid but definitely there was my problem. 
 
For all of you new
Spridgeteers, trying to bring one back to life, max life on brake hoses is 10
years and Spridget manual says 2 years and 24k miles. These hoses were 12 y.o.
Yes I know but hoses had < 10k miles on them. Replace the hoses, it could save
your life.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive