Subject: [Spridgets] Goods Books for a Winter's Storm

From: James Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 11:55:48 -0800 (PST)

Hey the new Tom Clancy, Threat Vector,  is indeed a page turner. 851 to be
precise. The guy continues to stay on top of his game and stuff on cyber
warfare seems really close to reality.
 
Working through an old Nelson DeMille
I missed called Wildfire. Another page turner to be sure. 
 
Message: 7
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 17:24:15 -0500
From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
To:
"'alan'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:
[Spridgets] as long as the list is slow
Message-ID:
<CDF6DE7DB92E4E9F9367C42A609A6F4D@blackbox2>
charset="us-ascii"

What good books?
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 23:31:55 +0000 (UTC)

Send me a good winter storm.B  We've been pretty sanitary here (East
Tennessee) this winter, unfortunately.

But I am reading the first of the trilogy by Ken Follett, Fall of Giants.B 
Pretty good stuff and well written, as is characteristic of Follett.

--David C.
MyB B memory's not as sharp as it used to be.B  Also, my memory's not as sharp
as it used to be. B 
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Gruber" <[email-masked]>
To: "Spridgets Digest" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2013 2:55:48 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] Goods Books for a Winter's Storm

Hey the new Tom Clancy, Threat Vector, B is indeed a page turner. 851 to be
B 
B 

What good books?
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 05:03:37 -0500 (EST)

I almost never read fiction books.  I thought you guys would be  sitting by 
a fire side reading 'Costin and Phipps' suspension book and finding  the 
error in the narrative that Arthur Mallock refers to confirmed by the  
calculations in the back of the book.  He describes this, If I'm correct as  'The 
myth that led to the great mistake'.
 
How biographies of: Joseph Whitworth, Bessemar, Ricardo, the Wright  
brothers etc
 
Weslake-Monza 1330

In a message dated 10/02/2013 00:44:35 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Clancy  could spare me some details
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:44:26 -0500 (EST)

Great stuff - time to write an e-book and get it on Kindle.  Or maybe  the 
listers could write one of those stories where each person writes the next  
bit.
 
In his vain attempt to catch the green eyed, 31 year old, 6'8", blond  
killer, Jack Ryan desperately downshifts his Bugeye Sprite with the twin  
turbo 948cc, 210 bhp motor protesting at 8000 rpms from 2nd gear to 1st,  
forgetting the smooth case transmission, # 22493, is without synchromesh  
on its 3.627:1 first gear.
 
Still, having upgraded the car's backaxle  to a 3.9 LSD from the 4.22  open 
diff, the car lurched forward and he snatched 2nd.  It wasn't quite  the 
snatch he sometimes imagined but on this occasion it did the job and as the  
speed piled on he snatched 3rd, grateful for the upgrade to the Quickshift 
lever  before they were NLA.

In a message dated 13/02/2013 16:04:11 GMT Standard Time, [email-masked]  
writes:

In his  vain attempt to catch the green eyed, 31 year old, 6'8", blond 
killer,  Jack Ryan desperately downshifts his Bugeye Sprite with the twin 
turbo  948cc, 210 bhp motor protesting at 8000 rpms from 2nd gear to 1st,  
forgetting the smooth case transmission, # 22493, is without synchromesh  
on its 3.627:1 first gear....... and you may continue the description of  
the consequences of that action in your minds  eye.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: dwoerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:02:56 -0600

Fabulous!  I think we may be on to something!  Don't forget the BLUE 
SILICONE hoses allowing the coolant to circulate almost unimpeded.

Tim, great site!  The gals from Appleton and Fond du Lac Wisconsin are 
pretty good and only a couple of hours away from me..........it's the 
long winters.

Time to go play with the S.U.s

DW

On 2/13/2013 10:44 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Great stuff - time to write an e-book and get it on Kindle.  Or maybe 
> the listers could write one of those stories where each person writes 
> the next bit.
> Still, having upgraded the car's backaxle  to a 3.9 LSD from the 4.22 
> open diff, the car lurched forward and he snatched 2nd.  It wasn't 
> quite the snatch he sometimes imagined but on this occasion it did the 
> job and as the speed piled on he snatched 3rd, grateful for the 
> upgrade to the Quickshift lever before they were NLA.
> In a message dated 13/02/2013 16:04:11 GMT Standard Time, 
> [email-masked] writes:
>
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: dwoerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:06:16 -0600

Whoa! Attributes aside, what a neat installation.  Got a link or stats 
for the engine?
DW

On 2/13/2013 10:53 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> And here is a picture for you but not the rest of the list of the 
> Triumph 'Sabrina' engine.
> In a message dated 13/02/2013 16:19:59 GMT Standard Time, 
> [email-masked] writes:
>
>     Dave,
>     You should submit your prose to http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/.
>
>     Of course we hold near and dear the 2005 winner of this contest with
>     the prose. . .
>
>     As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
>     carburetors in his vintage Triumph Spitfire, highly functional yet
>     pleasingly formed, perched prominently on top of the intake manifold,
>     aching for experienced hands, the small knurled caps of the oil
>     dampeners begging to be inspected and adjusted as described in
>     chapter seven of the shop manual.
>
>     The winner of this year's 23rd annual challenge, by Dan McKay, a
>     43-year-old quantitative analyst with Microsoft Great Plains, in
>     Fargo, North Dakota, certainly shows such a paucity of aestheticism,
>     though no lack of imagination:
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:55:49 -0500 (EST)

It was a special development engine (from Memory) that Triumph built for  
competition (details in a Triumph book I read from the library).  The SUs  
are special twin units, also featured in the book so I was very pleased to see 
 them in 'the metal' on this car at a car show a couple of years ago.   
Sabrina's worth a google!

In a message dated 13/02/2013 17:06:24 GMT Standard Time, [email-masked]  
writes:

[email-masked]