Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 5 speed oil change

From: Edward Perez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:06:17 -0800 (PST)

I run a clear rubber tube down to the fill hole and fill it from the top. 
Make sure you have your drain pan underneath!

Edward Perez
Summerville, SC
78 Midget (1275)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lbc_newbie/
________________________________
 From: "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Friday, February 22,
2013 1:02 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] 5 speed oil change
 
I lurk mostly but was
wondering if someone could help me with this. Of those that have the 5 speed
tranny. How do you get the oil into the tranny? 

Monty Love
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate:

Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bill L <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:20:13 -0800

Hello Cmlove,

     I get a bottle pump and pump it up into the side plug. I make
     sure that the side plug will come loose before I drain the
     tranny.

     Last time I could NOT get that plug loose. I didn't have a way
     to get the car high enough to be able to get enough leverage to
     loosen it. I had to take it to a shop with a lift. They had to
     use a long wrench and a 3 foot cheater to get it to budge. It did
     come out without any damage, but WOW was it tight.

     YMMV

-- 
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:[email-masked]
 
 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"
 
  As my grandfather had said in his last words, "A TRUCK!" 
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 16:15:10 -0500

Use Redline MT-90 in the 5 speed. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 1:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Spridgets] 5 speed oil change

I lurk mostly but was wondering if someone could help me with this. Of those
that have the 5 speed tranny. How do you get the oil into the tranny? 

Monty Love
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:43:27 -0600

<< On 2/22/2013 6:20 PM, Bill L wrote:

... and pump it up into the side plug.  >>

I'm curious Bill, how much oil does the plug hold ? ? ?
------------------------

[email-masked]