Subject: Re: [Spridgets] PC trouble - Gigabyte H77N motherboard - No LBC

From: Bill L <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 16:39:57 -0800

Hello WeslakeMonza1330,

     after a very little research, I couldn't find anything about the
     video chip other than that it is motherboard specific. If it were
     me, I would get an NVIDIA chipset video board. you can get pretty
     good ones for about $100 or so.

     my 2"

-- 
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:[email-masked]
 
 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"
 
  I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem. 
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dave Yealy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 09:43:56 -0500

On board video usually leaves a lot to be desired. I always go with 
an ATI video card so I can hook up my OptiShot golf simulator. Nvidia 
works but the graphics are slower to respond.

Dave

At 06:32 PM 2/7/2013, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>
>Just purchased a new motherboard and case to for my wife to replace the
>board she managed to kill (on the video) and a new case as the old one was
>ancient and not very well ventilated (linked to board 
>death).  Also  installed
>W7 on it.
>
>I've had better installs (board had a bios I'd never seen before) and once
>I'd managed to get of XP from the hard drive and complete the W7
>installation  everything was ok.
>
>Of course the board needs the board specific graphic driver, sound driver
>(I guess) and eventually wi-fi install.
>
>After the first install everything the PC failed to re-boot and showed a
>blue screen of death.  After a few more re-boots I gave and up reinstalled
>W7.  Everything now ok and no problem with several cold re-boots.  I  then
>only installed 3 or 4 of the motherboard software  drivers/applications.  PC
>then failed to reboot, BSOD etc.
>
>Reinstalled W7 and PC boots up ok so I'm confident something on the
>motherboard software is the issue.  I've googled the board name and 
>not  found any
>reported software faults so welcome any advice - such as how to get a
>better video driver by itself etc etc.
>
>Weslake-Monza 1330
>------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]