Subject: [Spridgets] Sudden Loss of Clutch

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:56:49 -0800

While entering the freeway Thursday night for a quick run across town . .
just as I was entering I lost my clutch.  My brake line came away from
where it was positioned and held in place (rather poorly . . obviously) and
touched the positive pole on the battery . . sort of a plasma cutter
reaction which burned enough of a leak in the tubing for sudden loss of
signal.

I ordered a new line from Moss. In the interim I stopped by the hardware
store and bought about three feet of brass tubing.  I cut the brake line at
the point of the hole and using JB Weld on each end I snugged the slightly
larger tubing over both ends.  It happened to be a perfect tight fit.  I
bled the system and It has been holding fine as I wait for the new line to
show up in the mail.

Another interim shade tree repair that might prove to be "interesting."

Kirk
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: derf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:02:09 -0600

Sounds unsafe.  Epoxy and hydraulic pressure lines should not interact in
such ways.
------------------------

[email-masked]