Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Body work without filler video....

From: Gerard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:08:59 -0800

Lin,

Good technique. I'm an another forum with a number of Kiwis, so I learned
about the slapper a few years ago. There a re a LOT of great old British cars
there, so plenty to keep them busy with panel beating. I have always repaired
panels this way, but still learned a couple new tricks.

You won't be able to use this technique on your A-post though because that's a
closed panel and no way to get behind the dent with a dolly. Your best bet is
to use a "nail gun" which is professional tool that welds little spikes or
nails to the dent. You then use a special slide hammer to pull out the dent.
It does require removing all the paint from the surface where the nails go and
will require some filler since you can't use the dolly.

http://www.hotrod.com/howto/hrdp_0607_dents/photo_23.html

Gerard

On Feb 3, 2013, at 11:00 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 12:38:26 -0500
> From: Linda Grunthaner <[email-masked]>
> To: Spridget list <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Spridgets] Body work without filler video....awesome I'm
> 	trying it in the spring on Pinky.
> Message-ID:
> 	<[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> I don't know if I ever sent this youtube out before but I just found it
> again after looking for a long time. This is a great technique which I'll
> be trying out in the spring on Pinky's dent located in front of the doors I
> believe they call it the A-Pillar? I dented it when I had the door open and
> backed up in the driveway catching the door on a shrub and being I didn't
> have the strap on the door it stoved in that section. I believe Frank said
> that is a common dent area when the straps are rotted out or removed,
> wonder it that dented area has earned a NAME...wink. I think this
> demonstration will work so I don't have to add filler. I will surly video &
> post on youtube wether or not it works.
> Enjoy the show.
> Lin
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdLDOkEPFgA
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive