Subject: [Spridgets] New Midget for us

From: Rick Bastedo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:41:05 -0800

Monday I brought home a little 1973 MG Midget.
The drivers side is severely rusted through so I'm going to scrap most of
the body.
I want to save the back half and make an RWA trailer out of it, it's pretty
solid back there.

So - how to efficiently strip down a Midget, get all the parts off and out
of it and scrap the front half?
Anything on the front body area worth salvaging?
If the floors are solid I'll cut them out and keep them.
Maybe the sections around the front turn signals so they can be welded into
RB car for conversion to chrome or bumperless?
Anything else?

As to efficient ways to strip it, the fenders are toast anyway so I could
use my sawzall and just start cutting. Anyone got a nice process for
getting it done quick and dirty?

It has good headlights and chrome rings and turn lenses and mounts so I'll
carefully remove everything of value and then start cutting.

Rick (RWA at last!) Bastedo
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Rick Bastedo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:07:56 -0800

Brad, great idea!
I could use one of those, and maybe add something to it so I can test
Datsun engines too.
Sweet!

_________________________________________
From: Brad Fornal <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] New Midget for us

I used the front framework for a test stand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v40PiJdCmVI
------------------------

[email-masked]