Subject: Re: [Spridgets] For Sale- my 1973 Midget project car

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:58:00 -0500 (EST)

A 1275cc crank and rods are probably worth US$250 maybe a lot more so be  
sure you get a realistic value for the car.
 
However, its a pity you can't have an OSHIT to get the car back on the  
road.
 
Weslake-Monza 1330

In a message dated 31/01/2013 06:02:13 GMT Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I've had  this 1973 project car for about 4 years but I've been without 
an income  for the past few years and won't be able to complete it 
anytime  soon.

This car was given to my father by one of his customers and sat  behind 
his shop for awhile. The previous owner said that the car was  running 
when they stopped driving it. I brought it home and started  working on it.

The car was complete when I got it except for a battery.  Belts, hoses, 
tires, exhaust, folding top cloth and seat upholstery are in  bad 
condition. I had the wheels sandblasted and repainted, and bought new  
tires and tubes. I bought another pair of seats that had good  
upholstery, some replacement carpet pieces and some spare tailights and  
such. I took a lot of photographs of my disassembly so I could get the  
wires and linkages and so forth back in place. The photos dont show the  
hood but I have the hood and grille inside my house.

I discovered  that the engine would not rotate so I eventually pulled the 
engine out and  disassembled it. I found water on top of a couple of the 
pistons and they  were frozen in the cylinders. My plan was to either 
bore the block and buy  oversize rings and pistons, or find another block 
and buy new standard  pistons.

The car is in my garage in Dallas. Email me off list if you  have 
questions or want more information or photos. I don't know what a  proper 
price is but I'll start at $500  OBRO.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/Cars/Dsc_0016b.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/Cars/Dsc_0014b.jpg
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive