Subject: [Spridgets] The Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum Auction

From: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:58:56 -0500

Anyone planning to go to the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum auction in Madison
Georgia Feb 14-16?

http://www.handlewithfun.com/over-view.cfm
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:35:47 -0800 (PST)

The book is 100 pages and has estimated values of the stuff being auctioned.
I got one in the mail  - i am on there mailing list so it was free.
I owned a Microcar shop in the past & They sold some of my cars.
It is a pretty neat book - i do not know about $80 unless your bidding.
Whats $80 or the $150 - if your giving 15% to buy a car on top of the price.
The Messershmit are in the $40-50K   Isetta PU - 35-45K
GOGO PU $100,000-$125000   PEDAL CARS 3-6K
So whats a couple of hundred to them
The scary thing is -+
Last auction the prices went any where from 30-50% over the estimate most
cars.
Some even went as high as double the price guide on the really rare cars.
 
The auction would be great to see. Along with some interest rare cars
 
I think they were in the $20-30 range in my area to watch..
He has the biggest collection in the world that includes very rare cars.
This will be the second time he has sold his collection off.
I think he may just enjoy the hunt & Restoration.
Hard to say what he is uo too - He sold Double Bubble Bubble Gum not to long
ago.
 
Vigil

--- On Fri, 1/18/13, David Booker <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: David Booker <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum Auction
To: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, January 18, 2013, 7:23 AM

...So it costs $80 to see a list of what's up for auction, and $150 more for
the opportunity to bid? I'd love to, but that seems a bit ridiculous to me.
Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance on the subject. I've certainly done so in
the past.

- David Booker

________________________________
From: Dean
Swanson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent:
Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:58 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] The Bruce Weiner
Microcar Museum Auction

Anyone planning to go to the Bruce Weiner Microcar
Museum auction in Madison
Georgia Feb 14-16?
http://www.handlewithfun.com/over-view.cfm
------------------------
[email-masked]

Suggested
annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:
http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 13:06:54 -0500

Vigil - Cool that they sent you the book for free - That was half the reason
I was thinking it would be worth the $80 to go to the preview day.

Are you planning on keeping the book ;-) 

I've never been to one of these "real" auctions, but being only a 6-1/2 hour
drive away I thought it would be a once-in-a-lifetime "bucket list"  kind of
thing - drive down the morning of the preview, spend the night, go to the
morning of the first day of the auction, then drive back home that
afternoon/evening.

But it looks like I'd have to go thru all the work of being set-up as a
"real bidder" to actually get in to see the auction (bank check and such -
and once they look at my bank balance they probably wouldn't even sell me a
soda much less let me in)  and I don't know if it is worth all that plus
$150 to cross something off a list...but it would be interesting

Dean Swanson

"62 mkII Sprite

Holly Springs, NC

  _____  

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] The Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum Auction

The scary thing is -+

Vigil
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:17:33 -0500

Looks like I'm headed down to the museum tomorrow with my father for the
last two days it's open.

Dean Swanson
'62 Sprite mkII
Holly Springs, NC

-----Original Message-----

[email-masked]