Subject: [Spridgets] metallurgy gonna save us all

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 04:53:36 -0800

With the recent discussion of Reardon-like metals, here is a coincidence.

20 Dec.2012 article: http://tinyurl.com/bsdvrot

Notice the word in the image (Atlas). Not a reference to Atlas Shrugged of
Reardon Metal note, but Atlas Steel. 

http://www.atlassteel.com/products/aluminizedsteel.aspx  Bill in wet, wet
Oregon
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:24:32 -0500

I'm all for the government making pennies out of 7075 aluminum.

That way, after some time, the value of the penny as 7075 will eventually
exceed the one cent face value.

I can then melt down pennies to get the 7075 that I need to make Judson
rotors.

They are trying to tell us the Chinese Yaun is "Undervalued".

If our pennies and nickels are worth more than their face values then is not
the dollar undervalued?

I guess that is the case of the copper kettle calling the iron pot black. 

See what a little liquor will do to me?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Spridgets] metallurgy gonna save us all

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 05:12:14 -0500 (EST)

This happened over here when the price of Copper increased.  However  all 
copper coins after a certain year are no longer solid copper but a ferrous  
metal that is copper plated - proved by the fact that magnet will stick to  
the more recent copper coins.  Speculation in the press about this drew the  
response that it's some sort of offence to destroy or smelt a coin of the  
realm.

In a message dated 20/12/2012 23:24:44 Coordinated Universal Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

If our  pennies and nickels are worth more than their face values then is 
not
the  dollar undervalued?
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: EASTJONES alan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 10:58:48 +0000

I well remember my father going out to buy some , what we call 'penny
washers' i.e. oversized outside diameter. . He came home furious and
proceeded to drill 3/16" holes in the pennies he had taken to pay for them
as it worked cheaper to do so and used them as washers on a vintage
motorcyle that is still going strong today. Legally he could have sent to
the Tower of London for this treasonous act, but he is long gone now
wreaking havoc and fixing mechanical things in heaven .
------------------------

[email-masked]