Subject: Re: [Spridgets] metallurgy gonna save us all

From: Brad Fornal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 06:33:32 -0600

They have a similar law over here, yet almost every tourist trap has the
machine you put a penny into, and for .75 cents, you can bend it into an
imprinted keepsake to remind you of the TT you just visited.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:12 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This happened over here when the price of Copper increased.  However  all
> copper coins after a certain year are no longer solid copper but a ferrous
> metal that is copper plated - proved by the fact that magnet will stick to
> the more recent copper coins.  Speculation in the press about this drew the
> response that it's some sort of offence to destroy or smelt a coin of the
> realm.
>
>
> In a message dated 20/12/2012 23:24:44 Coordinated Universal Time,
> [email-masked] writes:
>
> If our  pennies and nickels are worth more than their face values then is
> not
> the  dollar undervalued?
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:55:43 -0500

The pennies here in the U.S.A. have been made of a zinc alloy coated with
copper for over twenty years.  They still cost over two cents to make.  The
last pure silver coins were minted in 1964.  I still find silver coins in my
change once in a while though.   Must be kids speding their dad's coin
collection.  :-)

Rick

Sent from my keyboard

> If our  pennies and nickels are worth more than their face values then is
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Higgins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:35:00 -0500

Starting in February, the penny is being discontinued here in Canada, 
another way for the government to save money. Your purchase will be rounded 
off to the nearest number, I was  traveling thru Australia last year, no 
pennies being used there, it worked well.

Greg Higgins
Canada

-----Original Message----- 
From: Brad Fornal
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 7:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] metallurgy gonna save us all

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked] 
------------------------

[email-masked]