Subject: Re: [Spridgets] metallurgy gonna save us all

From: "GUY DAY" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 15:36:03 -0000

I still do this and have a collection of 'chump change' foreign coins for 
the same reason.

In the UK we have had a new dose or batch of magnetic nickel coated steel 
coins and they are playing havoc with many coin operated machines and I was 
recently stuck in a car park for 10 mins because the machine thought I was 
trying to avoid payment by using metal blanks.  The car park operator had to 
send a chap out to operate the barrier.

Guy R Day

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "EASTJONES alan" <>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] metallurgy gonna save us all

> I well remember my father going out to buy some , what we call 'penny
> washers' i.e. oversized outside diameter. . He came home furious and
> proceeded to drill 3/16" holes in the pennies he had taken to pay for them
> as it worked cheaper to do so and used them as washers on a vintage
> motorcyle that is still going strong today. Legally he could have sent to
> the Tower of London for this treasonous act, but he is long gone now
> wreaking havoc and fixing mechanical things in heaven .
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: dwoerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 12:04:21 -0600

I remember a certain fellow (what's the statute of limitations?) needed 
a new crush washer for the oil drain plug for his 1968 MGB (new at the 
time).  Said currency fit the bill perfectly and was still working when 
the car was sold with 110,000 miles on the clock.  Still mostly copper 
in 1968.
Evad  (sorry Derf)  :-)

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 14:11:43 -0600

Speaking of this, I recently saw that the US Mint is contemplating changing
the alloy used to make pennies.  It seems it now costs $.02 to make penny.
When the micro-micro chips first came out a few years back there had been
talk about putting them into coins to try to catch offenders like Evad.
LOL!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Grief!

Cheers!!
Jim

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM, dwoerpel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I remember a certain fellow (what's the statute of limitations?) needed a
> new crush washer for the oil drain plug for his 1968 MGB (new at the time).
>  Said currency fit the bill perfectly and was still working when the car
> was sold with 110,000 miles on the clock.  Still mostly copper in 1968.
> Evad  (sorry Derf)  :-)
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/spridgets/bmwwxman@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]>
>

-- 
Cheers!!
Jim Johnson
Sprite-Midget Club USA <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>
High Plains Youth Hockey <http://www.highplainsyouthhockey.org>
Dodge City Trail of Fame <http://www.DodgeCityTrailofFame.org>
Electronic Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology <http://www.EJSSM.org>
Yup.  I stay plenty busy!!
[email-masked]
 "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only
exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the
public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate
promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because
of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a
dictatorship, then a monarchy."                                   -  Alexis
de Tocqueville -
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 20:32:13 -0600 (CST)

Good Grief is right!  :-)   It's the Season!  or Jim's in
season. ;-()

Anyway,  HEALTH, a WEALTH of car parts, and
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!

All the best to everyone in 2012.

Dave W.

------------------------

[email-masked]