Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 61 Sprite ! ! !

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 07:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

For me it is reminiscent of the Twilight Zone episode "Eye of the Beholder"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eye_of_the_Beholder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkzwLvVFRSE 

jay

________________________________
From: David Strickler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Thu, November 1, 2012 10:02:28 AM
Subject: Re: Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... 61 Sprite ! ! !

Interesting Bugeye. 
Would I do that to my '61? No I would not. Not now, nor back when it was a 
basket case when I started my restoration.
However, I do admire folks who take a vision of theirs, and see it through to 
fruition, regardless  of the outcome. This person took an awful lot of time, 
money, and creativity to accomplish this. I see all kinds of old cars chopped, 
channeled, and slammed with all kinds of high powered crate motors wedged in and 
I see a thing of beauty (in most cases). It may, or may not,  look anything like 
the original, but it is certainly an expression of one's individuality. If 
you're a purest and see a potentially good bugeye destroyed in the process, so 
be it. Maybe it was a bugeye that was ready for the boneyard and it was 
reincarnated in its second life as something slightly different. The fact of the 
matter is, it's back on the road resembling a bugeye. Not a pure bugeye, but a 
reasonable facsimile of one. Sometimes I wish I had the ability to envision, and 
the talent to complete, something like this. Just for the fun of it. 

It's one of the things that make this hobby so interesting. So many people, so 
many cars, so many variations.
Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

I really do enjoy when you folks forward links like this one. Keep it up!

Dave

On Nov 1, 2012, at 12:54 AM, Just Brits Shop wrote:

> This went CHEAP ! ! ! ! ! !
> 
> Ed
> 
>****************************************************************************************
>*
> 
> http://tinyurl.com/d5a4w58
> 
> or
> 
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1961-AUSTIN-HEALEY-BugEye-Sprite-w-383-Stroker-Motor-V8-/230864582910?forcev4exp=true
>e
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 07:45:07 -0700 (PDT)

So Jay, are you saying it's a pig?

Rick

"Madman in a death machine"
Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo
________________________________
 From: Jay <[email-masked]>
To:
[email-masked]; Spridgets <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Thursday,
November 1, 2012 10:16 AM
Subject: Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Re: 61 Sprite ! !
!

For me it is reminiscent of the Twilight Zone episode "Eye of the
Beholder"

jay
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: derf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 10:59:01 -0500

For the same money/time/effort you could have a beautiful Bugeye with
1380 that would be way more fun to drive and would not overheat.
To each his own.  But, turning a Bugeye into that is just something
that one shouldn't do.
------------------------

[email-masked]