Subject: [Spridgets] So, how hard does one whack it?

From: Robert Duquette <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 14:54:14 -0500

No, I haven't been hijacked.  I attempted to start Miss Marple today and I did
not get that familiar SU fuel pump ticking.  Turns over great, but that in
itself is no fun!

So, I hit it moderately hard several times but, no joy.  Am I supposed to try
to hit it out of the ballpark?  Or should I just put a rebuild on my list of
things to do?  :)

Robert
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 13:13:08 -0500 (EST)

It may respond to being whacked  few times but one day it won't so I'd  
change it now.

In a message dated 04/11/2012 20:19:21 Coordinated Universal Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

So, I  hit it moderately hard several times but, no joy.  Am I supposed to  
try
to hit it out of the ballpark?  Or should I just put a rebuild on  my list 
of
things to do?  :)

Robert
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Billy Zoom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 12:16:13 -0800

What about a contact file and some Dn5?
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 21:27:03 GMT

So so what I did when I needed to start my '58 after I bought it, whip out
your point file (you DID hang onto it, didn't you?) and sweep it through ~3
times and you should be good to go!
It worked on my dizzy after 20 years of sitting, so it should work on your
fuel pump after sitting just a little while (relatively speaking).

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
AN5L8016

Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 12:39:09 -0600

I was told that you do not want to sand them, as the grit that falls off
the paper may get stuck in your points later, if you don't get every bit of
it out.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Robert Duquette <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 08:53:41 -0500

Yes.  I even know where it is.  :)

I drove the Midget in July (perhaps even as late as late August) and drove it
on to the hoist.

Robert
Sent from my device that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

On 2012-11-06, at 4:27 PM, Mark Haynes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]