Subject: [Spridgets] Rollbar installation

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:41:22 GMT

I found a really nice rollbar for the MKII, with cross braces and all, it's
set up to mount just inside of the radius of the rear wheel wells behind the
seats (on top of the frame box). I've never been into the frame area here, is
there anything that I need to be aware of (aside from putting a hole through
the fuel line), like double walls, strange supports that interfere with
access, etc?
It's winter, time to tear it down, fix the trans, install the rollbar, find
out what I did to the speedo drive or cable, and reinstall everything-no
biggie !?

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
AN5L8016
____________________________________________________________
Woman is 53 But Looks 25
Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/509a830267e893027a38st02duc
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Tncarnut1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:42:32 -0500

I had no issues installing mine a few years ago. I seem to remember needing to buy two different lengths of bolts to secure it with. Don't remember if that was just because the rearward tubes have less to clear or what.B 

I had no issues with fuel lines in the way, but it's way easier to check it twice before drilling than to patch up leaky lines afterward. B Just go ahead and put at least the rear of the car on stands & remove the wheels before you start.B 

I also used the mounting bolts to secure the 4 point belts. No need for 5 point because bar interference with seatback precludes leaning the seat back far enough to submarine out from under the belts anyway.

It's a fun & easy project. Enjoy!

B - David Booker

>From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 12:53:29 -0500 (EST)

Putting a hole through a tyre.

In a message dated 07/11/2012 16:15:06 Coordinated Universal Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I found  a really nice rollbar for the MKII, with cross braces and all, it's
set up  to mount just inside of the radius of the rear wheel wells behind 
the
seats  (on top of the frame box). I've never been into the frame area here, 
 is
there anything that I need to be aware of (aside from putting a hole  
through
the fuel line), like double walls, strange supports that interfere  with
access, etc?
It's winter, time to tear it down, fix the trans,  install the rollbar, find
out what I did to the speedo drive or cable, and  reinstall everything-no
biggie !?

Mark Haynes

[email-masked]