Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye sale

From: "John Fisher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:55:57 -0500

Some of you know the 59 Sprite I have owned since 1971.  It sold at the Fall
Carlisle Auction in late September.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FC12
<http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FC12&ID=r27
1&Order=runorder&feature=grouping> &ID=r271&Order=runorder&feature=grouping

I have an earlier 59 on a rotisserie, but I am not convinced it can be
restored economically.. The body is not very rusty, but I am discouraged by
the variable quality and high price of available parts.   Has anyone
compiled a list of good and bad values in parts available? 

 In an attempt to correct some obvious defects, I replaced the windshield
packing.. Actually I HAD it replaced, I usually do all work myself.  I
purchased the packing from Moss, and it looks good, but the (antique auto
compatible) glass shop delaminated the perfect glass installing it.  They
claimed the rubber gasket was very oversized.  The lower draft excluder was
a VB supplied piece and just does not fit in the slot-FAIL.  I replaced the
rubber around the side curtain  with a Moss part and I found the fit to be
just fine with a little silicone grease for lubrication.  I know the opinion
of the group would be to avoid these suppliers, but I was under a time
deadline.   I think most enthusiasts actually use these suppliers, and some
of the parts they sell are great, some are junk.  Prices are not necessarily
indicative of quality.  I will not use my past method of buying parts in
advance and be stuck with the junk. Would it be acceptable  to post parts
purchasing experiences here?

John Fisher
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive