Subject: [Spridgets] Source for Wire Wheels

From: Bob Spruck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 22:44:16 -0500

Well, my '73 Midget is close to being back on the road after a long 
engine and hydraulic system rebuild. I do need new wire wheels as mine 
were bent out of true when the local tire shop mounted them using the 
wrong equipment and the tires are hard as rocks.

Who would you all recommend I buy the wire wheels from? Any bargains out 
there? I hate to use VB or Moss just on general principles and Coker's 
prices were way out of line. They did specify bands and tubes with the 
painted wheels and neither with chrome wheels. The chrome wheels ended 
up being cheaper than the painted ones with the bands and tubes. Seems 
strange to me. Anybody know why chrome wheels don't need tubes and 
painted ones do?

How about tires? The old ones are 175/70-13 BFG and they fit and looked 
good and didn't rub on the RWAs.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations,

Bob
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:36:53 -0500 (EST)

I have MWS tubeless wire wheels and the spoke wells are sealed inside the  
rim using a mastic.  They are 5.5" wide.

In a message dated 28/11/2012 05:17:03 Coordinated Universal Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

they  make that is tubeless but the price is astronomical and 
the individual o  rings they use on each spoke must become a nightmare 
sometime down the  road.

Leo
------------------------

[email-masked]