Subject: [Spridgets] Projects update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:17:10 -0500 (EST)

While I'm not doing those things that I ought be doing I thought I'd post a
 quick project update.

4 auxillary gauge dash - The first one has been in the car a while.   The
2nd one has an almost complete binnacle section.  I need to do the work  now
to get the main part of the dash ready for the slightly longer binnacle
section.  I can't see this happening in the next week or so.

Lightened door striker plates (late type) - I finished 2 more the other
evening so have 4 finished + 2 on the car.  Of the 2 I am working on one is
close to being finished.  The dilemma is whether to see if I can get some
more really cheap and lighten those as well so I have a bigger batch to take
to  the platers, or just take a half dozen.  Plating cost will be #30+ based
on  the price the last time I asked.

Panhard rod - The new tower from Speedwell (Tom Colby) is on the  car and
the 2nd bracket for the axle pickup has been welded and also on the  car.
The rod is now level and the first drive with the old rod end  bearings felt
ok though admittedly the roads were wet and I didn't push  on.  I've since
fitted Aurora rod end bearings which are a superior design  to the old ones.
I've also fitted them with 'Seals-it' seals and just need  a nice dry day
for a test drive.

Weslake-Monza 1330
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:04:42 GMT

This was my thinking when I put the WC panhard rod on the MKII, since I was
intending on racing it, and didn't want to flare the rears too much (vintage
rules and all that).
What I've found (in my limited use so far) is that it does reduce the sway
side to side of the rear axle which translates into a reduced oversteer. That
being said, I also have a stock front swaybar and offset rear springs on the
MKII as well.
The upshot is that it has a much more neutral feel on entry, with the same
type of cornering speed and similar handling. It does, however FEEL like it
reaches the limit earlier than the BE, but I have no data to corroborate
that.
Wheel spacers are next on the MKII to balance the fender clearances, then a
new layshaft and bearings and its all cool.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
AN5L8016

I had to look up what Daniel was talking about...
http://www.sealsit.com/rodend.asp

I'm thinking a panhard rod on the Bugeye would be a good idea.
Not only for the improved handling but it might reduce the wear and tear on
the 1/4 elliptic springs by reducing the side swaying.

____________________________________________________________
Woman is 53 But Looks 25
Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 19:57:15 -0500

I know the panhard rod is intended to provide better handling, but
in the Bugeye's case I'm more interested in extending the life of the rear
springs.

I've had to replace a rear spring that had several leafs broken.
I'm sure that age had something to do with it, but I think the side to side
sway does not help any.

I presume ride quality is not much affected with the panhard rod?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark Haynes
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Projects update

side to side of the rear axle which translates into a reduced oversteer.
That

[email-masked]