Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1973 MGB

From: "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 15:24:59 -0500

Pretty much bullet-proof, when new.  Years of torture at the hands of idiot
owners & mechanics can be a challenge.............but no more than on a
Spridget.   Mechanically, they are nearly indestructible and all parts
needed for any mechanical rehab are readily available.  A recent Classic
Motorsports article called the MGB "the classic sports car deal of the
century".  I tend to agree.  Maybe not quite as much fun to attack back
roads with as a Spridget, but close enough to make them worth a look.
The B's unibody is immensely strong, even when heavily rusted.  All sheet
metal is still available, today, from British Motor Heritage, so virtually
ANY MGB unibody can be restored.  The '73s & '74s were really the best of
the post-67 MGBs and make wonderful touring cars.
If your friend is really serious, I suggest checking out the MG Experience
forums, as well as the "cars for sale" section.  There's a treasure trove of
knowledge and experience on there just for the asking.

Bud Osbourne

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of David Groundwater
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 4:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Spridgets] 1973 MGB

Hi List,
A friend is looking at a 73 B and asked me if there was anything in
particular he should be on the lookout for with that car.  Anyone have any
particular advice?  I've told him I can help him with the usual Spridget
type issues that come up, but I don't have much experience with B's.  Any
thoughts are
appreciated.Dave'70 Midget
------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "David Camp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 15:35:41 -0500

There is a pretty good buyer's guide for MGBs in the December edition of
Hemming's Sports & Exotic magazine if he can get ahold of one.

Dave in Kent, OH

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bud Osbourne
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:25 PM
To: 'David Groundwater'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1973 MGB

Bud Osbourne

-----Original Message-----

Hi List,

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]