Subject: [Spridgets] Transimssion repair manual?

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:07:52 GMT

The MKII needs new layshaft bearings, and in going through my Bentley manual,
I find that it is less than helpful as the verbage was written by someone who
didn't have the exploded diagram in front of them (or so it seems). The parts
are not identified the same as they are in the exploded diagram making
reference from one to the other damn near impossible.
Does anyone know of a more clear cut transmission instruction set? I've always
been afraid to venture into them, but usually the anticipation is worse than
the reality, so I'm going to disassemble the shredded tranny first, but would
still like to know what I'm doing.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
AN5L8016
____________________________________________________________
Woman is 53 But Looks 25
Mom reveals 1 simple wrinkle trick that has angered doctors...
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:43:45 GMT

Sorry Guys, stupid me, Its a ribcase tranny, with 12G1100 layshaft

Mark Haynes

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Bob Kitterer <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Haynes <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Transimssion repair manual?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 07:40:35 -0700

Mark,

Is it a 948 or 1100 Mk II?

I have the factory service manuals and will scan the pages for you.

Bob

60 Bugeye (MK IV in disguise)
67 Sprite MK III "Trevor"

On Oct 26, 2012, at 7:07 AM, Mark Haynes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

____________________________________________________________
Woman is 57 But Looks 27
Mom publishes simple facelift trick that angered doctors...
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "JeffG-Mail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 12:05:51 -0500

Mark,
I have disassembled & re-assembled (the reverse of disassembly) several 
transmissions both smooth case & ribcase and used the BMC Shop Manual or the 
Haynes Shop manual. They always worked when I got done. You are correct 
though, the anticipation is worse than the actual procedure.
Jeff Kelly

-----Original Message----- 
From: Mark Haynes
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 10:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Transimssion repair manual?

Mark Haynes

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Bob Kitterer <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Haynes <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Transimssion repair manual?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 07:40:35 -0700

Mark,

Bob

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked] 
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:38:11 -0400

Mark,

The Bentley manual is a copy of the factory manual and the Haynes is a poor
copy of the Bentley.  What part of the manual has you confused?

Rick

PS - saw your post on the SpriteSpot forum, but couldn't respond because I
don't remember my login and password.  Reregistered three months ago, but
haven't been "authorized" as no one is maintaining the site any longer.

Sent from my keyboard

------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Mark Haynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:14:59 GMT

OK, so I guess that I was making a mountain out of a molehill. Thanks for the
replies everyone, and now its off to disassemble one and find out how easy it
really is....
Thanks again all,

Mark Haynes

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:40:45 -0500

WATCH OUT for the springs & detent balls on/in covers, Mark ! ! !

My long-time-ago ex-G.F. SPRAYED (Thank God) a very CLEAN & EMPTY
basement <VBG> ! ! !

First time I knew she was a Female SAILOR ! ! !  LOL

Ed
------------------------

[email-masked]