Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Generators--No LBC content

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:26:25 -0700 (PDT)

My general recommendation is to find a local dealer that sells generators. 

It would be a better alternative than the big box stores who dictate specs to 
the manufacturer so they can lower the price, which is almost exclusively by 
sacrificing quality. 

They should also be able to offer hands-on advice and provide service when 
needed.

There is a whole world outside of the Home Depots/CostCo's/SamsClubs/Etc. filled 
with alternatives and selection.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

________________________________
From: JohnD <[email-masked]>
To: Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, October 23, 2012 3:11:08 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] Generators--No LBC content

You guys always seem to know what to buy and what to avoid...
Portable gas generator:  I've got a Cummins hooked to my house and it has a
Chinese gasoline motor. It works okay but I was surprised when I saw the
motor. Now I'm thinking of buying a generator for my farmer son to use as a
back-up to run produce coolers in an emergency.  Costco has a 9500 watt
generator on sale. But....it's got a Chinese motor and the machine is
assembled in China.

I know what Frank would have said.  But, what say you? Any recommendations?
This is the item:
http://www.costco.com/Smarter-Tools-9500W-Portable-Generator-EPACARB.product.100002774.html

These are the specs:
http://www.usesmartertools.com/GP-9500EB.html
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Rick Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:39:32 -0400

Generac.

http://www.generac.com/Residential/Guardian/Products/Guardian_Series_10_kW/

Sent from my keyboard

> I know what Frank would have said.  But, what say you? Any recommendations?
http://www.costco.com/Smarter-Tools-9500W-Portable-Generator-EPACARB.product.
100002774.html
> Like usual, thanks for any input.
> JohnD
> --
> *Driving in the past lane!*
> JohnsfollyVintageRacing <http://www.johnsfolly.webs.com>
>
> p.s.: I finally made it home after 5 weeks. Last couple of ride report
> up[dates are at
> www.TwoWheelsIntoTheSun.blogspot.com
> ------------------------
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Derf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:53:05 -0500

I suggest a military surplus Diesel set.  I have several.  They are heavy and
loud, though.  Most everything else is practically disposable.
Gas sets can be very thirsty.  Generac is OK.  The Honda EU inverters are very
good.

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:08:41 -0500

And they're made a few towns away.
         Peter C

------------------------

[email-masked]