Subject: [Spridgets] . Re: London's black cabs may be phased out?

From: EASTJONES alan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:28:15 +0100

The London Taxi is the last vehicle manufacturer left in Coventry   .

The British motor industry was born in Coventry and the area is still at
the heart of the nation's motor industry. The great names in car-making -
Jaguar, Rover, Triumph, Riley, Healey, austin engines , Armstrong Siddeley,
Humber,  Rootes,  Chrysler, Peugot ,Talbot and more - all come from here.

A lot of them started off by being bicycle  (the safety bicycle  ref. James
Starley ) then became  motorcycle manufacturers bvefore making cars
Daimler was the first car
See here the info it  includes  the Austin Healey sprite *
http://tinyurl.com/8kcw7zk*
and here is a link to 7 pages of car makers that once were made in
Coventry -  Courtesy of the Coventry transport museum  Which is well worth
a visit -  it's free and has the current world land speed record cars
exhibited  *http://tinyurl.com/8j4az4m*

Regards
Alan  Warwick UK
 ( 8 miles from Coventry )
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive