Subject: [Spridgets] Generators--No LBC content

From: JohnD <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:05:08 -0400

You guys always seem to know what to buy and what to avoid...
Portable gas generator:  I've got a Cummins hooked to my house and it has a
Chinese gasoline motor. It works okay but I was surprised when I saw the
motor. Now I'm thinking of buying a generator for my farmer son to use as a
back-up to run produce coolers in an emergency.  Costco has a 9500 watt
generator on sale. But....it's got a Chinese motor and the machine is
assembled in China.

I know what Frank would have said.  But, what say you? Any recommendations?
This is the item:
http://www.costco.com/Smarter-Tools-9500W-Portable-Generator-EPACARB.product.100002774.html

These are the specs:
http://www.usesmartertools.com/GP-9500EB.html

Like usual, thanks for any input.
JohnD
-- 
*Driving in the past lane!*
JohnsfollyVintageRacing <http://www.johnsfolly.webs.com>

p.s.: I finally made it home after 5 weeks. Last couple of ride report
up[dates are at
www.TwoWheelsIntoTheSun.blogspot.com
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive