Subject: Re: [Spridgets] LBCs and Beatles

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:58:46 -0700

Re: Paul's DB5

I read in McCartney's book *Many Years From Now* that he would get
frustrated with this car. . often having to take it to the shop for
adjustments and repairs.  This was the car Paul would drive out into the
country to meet with John, rouse him up and write songs together.

The engine in this DB5 looks like the straight 6 Jag engine of the same
era.  Is it the same engine that Aston Martin used?

PS
My take. .  . The best of the best would have to be Geoff Emericks account
of recording the Beatles which came out just a couple of years ago.  *Here
There and Everywhere My Life Recording the Beatles.*  If you are interested
in the primitive recording techniques and the subsequent wonderful analogue
sound derived there from. .  it is a great read.  Emerick, based on the
growing popularity of the Beatles and the money they were bringing into EMI
broke several standard rules to effect the sound of the group.  Song
writing insights are included as well as their interpersonal relationship
in the studio . . Yoko being wheeled in on a hospital bed as John gave her
a mic to "advise the group."  A major frustration to the band.  (Just after
Yoko and John had a car accident and she was still healing).  For me . .
fascinating stuff.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM, HealeyRick <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Saw that Paul McCartney's DB5 is up for sale:
>
> http://www.bornrich.com/sir-paul-mccartneys-1964-aston-martin-db5-grabs.html
> But everyone knows McCartney died in that car and it was destroyed in 1966,
> don't they:
> http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/celebs/paul-is-dead/gallery.all.html
>
> "The
> Walrus is Paul"
>
>
>
> Rick
>
>
> "Madman in a death machine"
> Follow My Nasty Boy
> Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo
> ------------------------
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:53:55 -0600

Oh, THOSE Beatles - I thought maybe you were talking the VW type:

http://tinyurl.com/MG-crap

mjb.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Bud Osbourne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:23:47 -0400

Aston Martin used their own DOHC, inline six in all of the DB series cars
right up to the DBS......which I seem to recall could be had with either the
six or with Aston's newly designed (at that time) V8.
For a while, back in the late 80s & early 90s, DB 2s, 4s, 5s & 6s were going
for well under $10K!  I've always lusted after a DB4 or a DB5, in Vantage or
GT tune.  Too bad I couldn't afford one when they were sort of affordable!

Bud Osbourne

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kirk Hargreaves
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:59 PM
To: HealeyRick
Cc: Spridgets List
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] LBCs and Beatles

Re: Paul's DB5

The engine in this DB5 looks like the straight 6 Jag engine of the same era.
Is it the same engine that Aston Martin used?

PS
My take. .  . The best of the best would have to be Geoff Emericks account
of recording the Beatles which came out just a couple of years ago.  *Here
There and Everywhere My Life Recording the Beatles.*  If you are interested
in the primitive recording techniques and the subsequent wonderful analogue
sound derived there from. .  it is a great read.  Emerick, based on the
growing popularity of the Beatles and the money they were bringing into EMI
broke several standard rules to effect the sound of the group.  Song writing
insights are included as well as their interpersonal relationship in the
studio . . Yoko being wheeled in on a hospital bed as John gave her a mic to
"advise the group."  A major frustration to the band.  (Just after Yoko and
John had a car accident and she was still healing).  For me . .
fascinating stuff.
------------------------

[email-masked]