Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fwd: Golden Age of Sports Cars

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:29:44 -0600

If I had gotten the spridgets archive populated, it would have been easy 
to find.

RealSoonNow, honest!

mjb.
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Kitterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:39:08 -0700

Speaking of this very informative broadcast I was surprised to hear them refer to the MG TC/TD/TF as Midgets.  Particularly since the mid to late 50's is when I "got" into sports cars here in SOCA where there were lots of cars.  But I had never heard anyone refer to that series of MG as a Midget.  I had always thought the original Midgets were pre 1940 cars. But there are lots of references on the internet that say otherwise.  Lear something new everyday.

Bob and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 00:44:20 -0400

Yeah, maybe Daniel can chime in on that.

I would like to know more about "Specials".  
By this I mean the sports cars that UK folks built up themselves
during the post war era.

Sort of like the US hotrod culture.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob Kitterer
Subject: [Spridgets] Golden Age of Sports Cars thoughts

Speaking of this very informative broadcast I was surprised to hear them
refer to the MG TC/TD/TF as Midgets.  Particularly since the mid to late
50's is when I "got" into sports cars here in SOCA where there were lots of
cars.  But I had never heard anyone refer to that series of MG as a Midget.
I had always thought the original Midgets were pre 1940 cars. But there are
lots of references on the internet that say otherwise.  Lear something new
everyday.

Bob and Dolores
------------------------

[email-masked]