Subject: [Spridgets] carlisle in a fiat?

From: charles christ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 12:34:36 -0700 (PDT)

ok friday before carlisle i blew the head gasket in my '67 saab 96(it's fixed
now!).    had a customer's 1980 fiat sport 2000 and the customer said "drive
it".....so mary anne & i "drove it".   it's a strange little car and it's
automatic not stick to boot!   it took evrything in me to not put a quart of
oil in the gas tank when filling it up on the way to import carlisle!  then
upon arival we find the italian car section was right next to the saabs!   we
spent most of our time catching up with our saab friends and saw a few sprite
folks as well.   got a set of cam bearings for my bugeye's engine rebuild
project , a few contacts for the darn fiat's needed parts too.   and as usual
found nothing for any of the saabs....how suprising!   did get the fiat owner
a heck of a deal!   an ansa twin chrome tipped muffler for 90.00 , it reatails
for around 320.00!   
 
we were going to tow out the trailer and bring the '60 saab race car.    but
at around 9-10MPG in the 417,000 mile '79 chevy van it was just not
afordable.     the suburban is still out of comission! 
 
i'm not dead !!!   but working so much it's just allowing me much so called
"spare time".
3 days of school bus driving next week and then it's full time at the
international harvester dealer's shop & nights and weekends in the shop
here.   by day's end i'm so exhausted.   and this computer with dial up as a
connection is do frustrating to work with i've almost given up on trying to
keep my composure waiting .....and waiting....a n d w-a-i-t-i-n-g  for the
next screen to apear after i request the computer to do "what-ever".
 
keep those cards and letters coming!   keep sending your saab parts requests
too!    the shop is literally littered with 50's & 60's saab parts!
 
chuck
93F  #251
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]