Subject: [Spridgets] Car in UK Getting Incredible Gas Mileage

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 11:57:03 -0700

A friend sent this to me.  The car I rented in the UK last year also got
incredible mileage as well.

Comments on this video?

http://video.staged.com/localshops/vw_passat_785_mpg_in_the_uk
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:44:42 -0400

Here's one reason, and if he didn't mention this, you have to question 
everything he said, especially the tax business.  If they want, the 
government can increase gas taxes faster than you can fill a Spridget.

The gallon (abbreviation "gal"),[1] with the US and imperial gallon, is a 
measure of volume. Historically it has had many definitions, but there are 
three definitions in current use: the imperial gallon (? 4.546 L) which 
since metrication is used colloquially in the United Kingdom and 
semi-officially within Canada, the United States (liquid) gallon (? 3.79 L), 
and the lesser used U.S. dry gallon (? 4.40 L). The gallon, be it the 
imperial or U.S. gallon, is sometimes found in other English-speaking 
countries.

Michael Rowe

> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:14:01 -0500

Don't forget that in the UK they use the Imperial gallon which is 1.2 US
gallons.  So the conversion in this country would actually be 62.8 mpg in
the US.  Still pretty good mileage but it is also a diesel.  Europe has
different restrictions on diesel emissions.
See:

http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/

You can check the differences.  The EPA's "Clean Air" standards are more
stringent for cars than the European standards.  The whole thing boils down
to a bloated, runaway bureaucracy in this country that is throttling us
with poorly conceived regulations resulting in nasty unintended
consequences.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Kirk Hargreaves
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>

--
Cheers!!
Jim Johnson
Sprite-Midget Club USA <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>
High Plains Youth Hockey <http://www.highplainsyouthhockey.org>
Dodge City Trail of Fame <http://www.DodgeCityTrailofFame.org>
Electronic Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology <http://www.EJSSM.org>
Yup.  I stay plenty busy!!
[email-masked]

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Brad Fornal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 18:27:19 -0500

Don't forget the other, often ignored fact, that ALL of our elected
officials have been bought by the highest bidder.
And WE are not even allowed into the auction.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Jim Johnson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>

-- 
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/
------------------------

[email-masked]