Subject: [Spridgets] Poly bush was Metalurgical bearing type question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:00:18 -0400 (EDT)

Ok - I'm working through a number of options on this and tonight re-visited 
 the poly bushes.  They really don't file at all though after a very long  
time one of them was getting closer to being the right size for the trunnion 
 bolt.
 
However, since I don't have a couple of days to file them, a drill didn't  
work, I don't have a reamer or a lathe I tried an alternative approach.
 
Using a scrap/damaged trunnion bolt I heated it with a blow lamp and then  
pushed the bush on it and ran it up and down.  Then I cooled the poly bush  
and picked off melted debris and gave it a quick file.  I repeated this  
process several times on the first and the second bush.  Sure enough after  a 
while both bushes are now a good fit on a new trunnion bolt.  It's  possible 
I might need to 'heat-ream' (a phrase I believe I've just invented)  each 
bush once or twice more depending on how much they compress when fitted to  
the trunnion - but that will be a project for tomorrow night.
 
Weslake-Monza 1330
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]