Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: Spridget Clutch release bearings

From: JohnD <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 01:33:16 -0400

One of you guys might be able to help out with this...
-JohnD

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: MANLEY FORD <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Subject: Spridget Clutch release bearings
To: John Deikis <[email-masked]>, Chris Meyers <[email-masked]>,
Kropf Gary <[email-masked]>, Larry Smith <[email-masked]>

I'm trying to source from Moss (or wherever) the best clutch release
bearing for use with competition clutches that I just sourced from England
to go in T-series go-fast cars using a light flywheel from either Bob
Grunau in Canada or Brown & Gammons in the U.K.  Having mocked it up with
old carbon type release bearings that I have around, I'm pretty sure I want
to find new ones with the biggest available "offset".  That is the greatest
distance forward from the mounting pins to the actual carbon surface.  It
seems to me (and the guy in the U.K. who made the clutches confirms it)
that the one I'm looking for would be for a Spridget.  But...which one?

Moss lists three different part numbers depending on whether its for a:
948  190-910
1098  190-915
1275   190-920

Do any of you guys know (or could you pass this along to the Spridget
group) which of these would be the one I'm looking for?  Or are the all the
same?

Thanks,

-Manley

-- 

*Driving in the past lane!*
JohnsfollyVintageRacing <http://www.johnsfolly.webs.com>
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

---

From: brian S <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 09:57:21 -0400

It appears from Gerard's web site that the 1275 TO bearing has the most
offset.
Here's some pics to illustrate.

http://gerardsgarage.com/Garage/Tech/TO_Bearings/tobearings.htm

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!
Thanks to Frank C.!

> Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 01:33:16 -0400
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Spridgets] Fwd: Spridget Clutch release bearings
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]