Subject: [Spridgets] 1999 Ford F150 opinions, please

From: Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:39:31 -0500

Off topic, though I need something to haul Sprite parts in.....

1999 Ford F150 4.2 V-6 Manual Transmission under 120,000 miles.
2WD long box 2 seats....

Any bad news?

Thanks
     Peter C
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

---

From: derf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:45:39 -0500

I had a 1997 F150 with the V6 and a 2000 F150 with the small V8.  The
trucks were fine but I feel the motors coulda and shoulda lasted
longer.
At 120k?  I dunno if there is a way to check the timing chains but
that is about how long the motors lasted before something slipped in
the valve train.
IIRC, Frank drove F150s but got rid of them around the 120k mark.
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Soave <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:04:41 -0700 (PDT)

It's overqualified, should be great. I like my 2002 now that I replaced the 10
year old rotors. The engine is a dog, but you know the towing rig mismatch.
 
RS
"That which you manifest is before you" - Enzo the dog
>________________________________
> From: Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked] 
>Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 2:39 PM
>Subject:
[Spridgets] 1999 Ford F150 opinions, please
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: JohnD <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 01:26:15 -0400

Peter,
I tow with a '96 F150 5 litre. It's got about 170,000 miles on it and seems
OK although it gets rotten gas mileage and Ford trucks need front end work
at around 120,000 miles. I've also got an '86 GMC which handles a lot
better and is less thirsty.
JohnD

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM, derf <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
>

-- 

*Driving in the past lane!*
JohnsfollyVintageRacing <http://www.johnsfolly.webs.com>
------------------------

[email-masked]