Subject: [Spridgets] Oil Capacity Rib Cage Gear Box

From: Kirk Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 13:42:24 -0700

The book (Haynes) says that the rib case takes 2.7 US pints.  What does
this equate to in terms of quarts? 1 quart plus a little more than a half a
quart?

And when at the proper level . . with the car on a level surface . . does
this mean that the oil in the rib cage should sit at the height of the fill
hole?

(I am using 30wt engine oil)

Thanks.. .

Kirk
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:22:51 -0700

I fill to the bottom of the fill hole, with car sitting level.
(if it's running out ...no more will go in) ...bill in corvallis
=============================
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kirk Hargreaves
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 1:42 PM
To: Spridgets
Subject: [Spridgets] Oil Capacity Rib Cage Gear Box

Thanks.. .

Kirk
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Kitterer Bob <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:35:08 -0700

Putting in the factory amount fills the trany to the bottom of the fill hole - -  so why measure 

Bob  and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - now in the garage

On Apr 29, 2012, at 2:22 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Derf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 07:49:24 -0500

Because if it is empty you can fill from the top if you know how much to put
in.

Fred Routt
Senior Technician District 4
Strong Technical Services

>> (if it's running out ...no more will go in) ...bill in corvallis
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Kitterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 06:33:19 -0700

Wasn't clear, the factory amount filled from the top will bring the oil level to the bottom of fill hole.  So there is no need to measure if you can visually check the oil level.  Been doing it for 52 years now.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2012, at 5:49 AM, Derf <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Because if it is empty you can fill from the top if you know how much to put in. 
> 
> Fred Routt
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]
------------------------

[email-masked]