Subject: [Spridgets] Mini Lee

From: Kristi & Lambert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 17:13:58 -0400

Wow that is all I can say!!  I finally got a chance to get Mini Lee out for a
drive after 5 months.  I have been having issues with getting her started when
the temperature is under 60 degrees so I took advantage of the nice weather
and got her out for a drive.  Even with sitting for basically 5 months she ran
GREAT!!!  You can say I definitely had a smile on my face when I pulled back
into the driveway :-)

The only "problem" that I had was that I had to double brake in order for the
brakes to feel like they were gripping, which is a problem that I have had for
a while now.  I also noticed that my oil pressure "dropped" to about 15psi hot
when I normally ran about 20 but I was not to worried about that.

Does anyone have any ideas why I would have issues starting Mini Lee when the
outside temp is under 60 degrees?  I can sometimes get her started but it
usually can take me as much as 30 minutes or more to get her started.

Thanks,

Kristi

Kristi & Lambert
'74 RWA Midget
'77 RB Midget
Philadelphia MG Club Treasurer
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

---

From: "Dean Hedin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 20:51:01 -0400

Need more details Kristi... but a shot in the dark...

Check ignition components.  With cold temps the battery voltage drops a bit
thus revealing any weaknesses in the ignition.

Check condenser, plug gaps, lightly sand the points with some fine 600 grit 
sand paper or replace the points altogether.

I say all the above assuming that you don't have a fuel problem (since you
said it ran great once started).

I do notice that with the modern (gas with the high ethanol content) it
tends to evaporate quickly from the carbs.  My car is a bit  more difficult
to start after a week since last running that it is after a day.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kristi & Lambert
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 5:14 PM
To: Spridget List
Cc: Philadelphia MG Club
Subject: [Spridgets] Mini Lee

Wow that is all I can say!!  I finally got a chance to get Mini Lee out for
a
drive after 5 months.  I have been having issues with getting her started
when
the temperature is under 60 degrees so I took advantage of the nice weather
and got her out for a drive.  Even with sitting for basically 5 months she
ran
GREAT!!!  You can say I definitely had a smile on my face when I pulled back
into the driveway :-)

The only "problem" that I had was that I had to double brake in order for
the
brakes to feel like they were gripping, which is a problem that I have had
for
a while now.  I also noticed that my oil pressure "dropped" to about 15psi
hot
when I normally ran about 20 but I was not to worried about that.

Does anyone have any ideas why I would have issues starting Mini Lee when
the
outside temp is under 60 degrees?  I can sometimes get her started but it
usually can take me as much as 30 minutes or more to get her started.

Thanks,

Kristi
------------------------

[email-masked]