Subject: [Spridgets] FW: Engine Rebuild Suggestions

From: "Dean Swanson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:06:14 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of brian S
Or for $75 each you could buy your own Sunoco pump:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/clt/2966251959.html

Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Engine Rebuild Suggestions

Yes,

There is a Sunoco station nearby that has 94 also.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!
Thanks to Frank C.!
------------------------

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:53:59 -0400 (EDT)

If it was me I'd start with nothing.  The head ought to be rebuilt  anyway.
 A hot cam in a 1098 might not be so hot in a 1275.  Cam  technology has
come a long way in the last 20-30 years.  Sure peak power  might be about the
same but mid range and lower range power is a lot better on a  modern cam
than older cams (unless David Anton at APT says different!).

I spent a long time writing the spec on the engine currently in the car and
 sought a lot of advice.  The biggest decision was on the ratio of inlet
valve size to exhaust size and using a Pierce head I can't remember if I was
constrained on my original choice or not.

The very nicely lightened (and balanced) crank, rods, flywheel and later
7.5" (lighter design) clutch were very noticeable when I first blipped the
throttle and went for a drive.

I think the overall bill was about #5K including an engine crane, exhaust
manifold and a few other bolt on pieces.

Regards

Weslake-Monza 1330

In a message dated 23/04/2012 22:07:59 GMT Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:

Now,  this engine is going to be built around 2 main components that I
already
have.
------------------------

[email-masked]