Subject: [Mgs] Using vintage Datsun 280ZX 14" wheels on an MGB

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2026 08:50:41 -0400 (EDT)

--===============3623320839246689066==
	boundary="=_b09f3300-1e25-4cc0-86b8-2b6987f5a989"

--=_b09f3300-1e25-4cc0-86b8-2b6987f5a989
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello everyone, 

Someone near me has advertised a set of vintage alloy Datsun 280ZX 14" wheels. They confirmed that the bolt pattern is 4x114.3. I've been looking for a set of alloy wheels for awhile because the ROSstyle steel wheels on my car are rusted badly inside, and that causes problems with tire sealing and slow leaks. It's time for a new set of tires, so if these wheels are right, the timing would be about perfect. 
Has anyone used wheels like this on their MGB before? Besides the fact that they're alloys and appear to need little more than a cleanup, they have a kind of funky retro old-school cool look to them. I've asked the seller if they know width and offset, and they'll be able to tell me this evening. We can't share photos on here, but anyone who responds and wants to see a photo, I can share one if that would help. 

Thank you, 
-William Killeffer 

--=_b09f3300-1e25-4cc0-86b8-2b6987f5a989
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>Hello everyone,</div><div><br data-mce-bogu=
s=3D"1"></div><div>Someone near me has advertised a set of vintage alloy Da=
tsun 280ZX 14" wheels. They confirmed that the bolt pattern is 4x114.3. I'v=
e been looking for a set of alloy wheels for awhile because the ROSstyle st=
eel wheels on my car are rusted badly inside, and that causes problems with=
 tire sealing and slow leaks. It's time for a new set of tires, so if these=
 wheels are right, the timing would be about perfect.</div><div>Has anyone =
used wheels like this on their MGB before? Besides the fact that they're al=
loys and appear to need little more than a cleanup, they have a kind of fun=
ky retro old-school cool look to them. I've asked the seller if they know w=
idth and offset, and they'll be able to tell me this evening. We can't shar=
e photos on here, but anyone who responds and wants to see a photo, I can s=
hare one if that would help.</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>=
Thank you,</div><div>-William Killeffer</div></div></body></html>
--=_b09f3300-1e25-4cc0-86b8-2b6987f5a989--

--===============3623320839246689066==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============3623320839246689066==--