Subject: [Mgs] MGB video in shop

From: Mark Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2026 00:31:50 -0700

Saw this on Youtube. The guy doesn't usually handle LBCs, so it was kind 
of interesting some of the comments he made about the car.  When he was 
showing the engine compartment and pointed out the windshield washer 
pump and made a comment about it, I laughed.  I recently bought a 2010 
Jaguar XK convertible, and was quoted a price of over $300 to replace 
the washer pump in the car.  Trust me, it isn't sitting right there in 
plain sight like the B!

mjb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1EWPBbq6eI

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: cgmoog <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2026 15:43:14 -0500

--===============2165238036650791601==

----_com.samsung.android.email_6059729563679520
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_6059729563679520
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_6059729563679520--

--===============2165238036650791601==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2165238036650791601==--

---

From: Larry Colen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2026 16:24:59 -0800

On 2026-02-12 12:43, cgmoog wrote:
MOrrisWOsleymG.

> https://mossmotoring.com/mowog-mystery-solved/

Back in college I shared a house, called the Rod and Spanner, with Paul 
Kile, who some of you may know. Our claim was that Mowog was the druidic 
god of British cars.  Our understanding ~45 years ago was that it stood 
for MOrris WOsley Group, so it is interesting to learn that such never 
existed.  Next you'll tell me that there was never a company called 
Mopar.

Oh well, the weather is nice today in SoCal, so I guess I'll go for a 
ride on my Spagthorpe.

-- 
Larry Colen  [email-masked] http://red4est.com/lrc
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2026 09:17:12 +0000

Exactly (except for spelling), and probably taken from David Knowles's 
book 'MG - The Untold Story' published in 1997.

Similar confusion over 'MG' in the comments on that page.  It never 
'stood' for 'Morris Garages' which never existed.  It was a tribute by 
Kimber to Lord Nuffield's first business - The Morris Garage of 1910 - a 
little buttering-up never did any harm when it allowed Kimber to develop 
the business his own way while it was still owned by Nuffield.  By 1920 
(i.e. prior to the first use of the MG logo) Nuffield's motor vehicle 
manufacturing business was called Morris Motors. MG Ltd. was a separate 
company formed in 1930 owned personally by Nuffield along with Wolseley 
Motors Ltd. until he merged them into Morris Motors Ltd. in 1935.

PaulH.

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75