Subject: Re: [Mgs] Bleeders

From: Max Heim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 14:44:47 -0800

--===============8344200049432506130==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_27EF1CB1-B724-4F70-9A7C-B2BDF88F5045"

--Apple-Mail=_27EF1CB1-B724-4F70-9A7C-B2BDF88F5045
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

You=E2=80=99re lucky =E2=80=94 I was finding ones with a 7mm flat. Most =
wrench sets don=E2=80=99t even HAVE a 7mm, and it=E2=80=99s so dinky =
it=E2=80=99s guaranteed to round off the flats. So I=E2=80=99m =
interested din this, too.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB

> On Feb 17, 2025, at 12:58=E2=80=AFPM, David Woerpel =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
>  Hi List,
>=20
> Been quiet so I thought I'd make an inquiry.  Where can one find wheel =
cylinder brake bleeders that are 7/16" across the flats.  All I can find =
take a 10mm wrench from the usual suspects.  Would like to keep the car =
non-metric.
> I apologize if you got this twice.
>=20
> =46rom the frozen Tundra,
> Dave W
> '59 :{)
> '59 MGA 1500
>=20
> "Pay It Forward"
> _______________________________________________
>=20
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs =
http://autox.team.net/archive
>=20
> Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_27EF1CB1-B724-4F70-9A7C-B2BDF88F5045
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">You=E2=80=99re =
lucky =E2=80=94 I was finding ones with a 7mm flat. Most wrench sets =
don=E2=80=99t even HAVE a 7mm, and it=E2=80=99s so dinky it=E2=80=99s =
guaranteed to round off the flats. So I=E2=80=99m interested din this, =
too.<div><br></div><div><div>
--<br>Max Heim<br>'66 MGB

</div><div><br></div>

<div><br><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div>On Feb 17, 2025, at 12:58=E2=80=AF=
PM, David Woerpel &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div><div>&nbsp;Hi List,<br><br>Been =
quiet so I thought I'd make an inquiry.&nbsp; Where can one find wheel =
cylinder brake bleeders that are 7/16" across the flats.&nbsp; All I can =
find take a 10mm wrench from the usual suspects.&nbsp; Would like to =
keep the car non-metric.<br>I apologize if you got this =
twice.<br><br>=46rom the frozen Tundra,<br>Dave W<br>'59 :{)<br>'59 MGA =
1500<br><br>"Pay It =
Forward"<br>_______________________________________________<br><br>Mgs@aut=
ox.team.net<br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested =
annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br><br>Archive: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs =
http://autox.team.net/archive<br><br>Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]<br><br></div></=
div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_27EF1CB1-B724-4F70-9A7C-B2BDF88F5045--

--===============8344200049432506130==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--===============8344200049432506130==--

---

From: David Woerpel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 17:03:24 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4077694949470556398==
 boundary="------------yz038AvcQUlwTAfU1VWV0kms"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------yz038AvcQUlwTAfU1VWV0kms
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Max,
Change ain't for this old guy!  ;-)
Dave

On 2/17/2025 4:44 PM, Max Heim wrote:
> You’re lucky — I was finding ones with a 7mm flat. Most wrench sets 
> don’t even HAVE a 7mm, and it’s so dinky it’s guaranteed to round off 
> the flats. So I’m interested din this, too.
>
> --
> Max Heim
> '66 MGB
>
>
>> On Feb 17, 2025, at 12:58 PM, David Woerpel <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi List,
>>
>> Been quiet so I thought I'd make an inquiry.  Where can one find 
>> wheel cylinder brake bleeders that are 7/16" across the flats.  All I 
>> can find take a 10mm wrench from the usual suspects.  Would like to 
>> keep the car non-metric.
>> From the frozen Tundra,
>> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
>>
>

--------------yz038AvcQUlwTAfU1VWV0kms
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Max,<br>
    Change ain't for this old guy!  ;-)<br>
    Dave<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/17/2025 4:44 PM, Max Heim wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      You’re lucky — I was finding ones with a 7mm flat. Most wrench
      sets don’t even HAVE a 7mm, and it’s so dinky it’s guaranteed to
      round off the flats. So I’m interested din this, too.
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>
        <div>
          --<br>
          Max Heim<br>
          '66 MGB
        </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div><br>
          <blockquote type="cite">
            <div>On Feb 17, 2025, at 12:58 PM, David Woerpel
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:</div>
            <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            <div>
              <div> Hi List,<br>
                <br>
                Been quiet so I thought I'd make an inquiry.  Where can
                one find wheel cylinder brake bleeders that are 7/16"
                across the flats.  All I can find take a 10mm wrench
                from the usual suspects.  Would like to keep the car
                non-metric.<br>
                I apologize if you got this twice.<br>
                <br>
                From the frozen Tundra,<br>
                Dave W<br>
                '59 :{)<br>
                '59 MGA 1500<br>
                <br>
                "Pay It Forward"<br>
                _______________________________________________<br>
                <br>
                <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                <br>
                Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
                <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                <br>
                Unsubscribe:
                <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><br>
                <br>
              </div>
            </div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------yz038AvcQUlwTAfU1VWV0kms--

--===============4077694949470556398==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4077694949470556398==--

---

From: Paul Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 08:33:12 +0000

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8919355888298173242==
 boundary="------------09w1HnRhWfF20BlCulJkwK4r"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------09w1HnRhWfF20BlCulJkwK4r
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Don't apologise, I didn't even get it once - not unknown to get just the 
responses.

I've seen it writ that whilst the originals were 1/4" (calipers are 
bigger) replacement wheel cylinders are often metric at 7mm. However I 
have replaced them more than once on both cars and they are still 1/4", 
7mm are sloppy and 7/16" are bigger still.  I've had a cranked 
double-ended ring spanner for nearly 60 years, it's a bit sloppy from 
having used it on seized bleeders so I slacken them without opening with 
a 1/4" socket, then put the spanner on, then the bleed tube using the 
spanner just for final opening. Reversing when done.

Googling brings up plenty of both 7mm and 1/4" combination and double 
ring spanners for me.

PaulH.

> the flats. So I’m interested din this, too.
--------------09w1HnRhWfF20BlCulJkwK4r
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Don't apologise, I didn't even get it once - not unknown to get
      just the responses.</p>
    <p>I've seen it writ that whilst the originals were 1/4" (calipers
      are bigger) replacement wheel cylinders are often metric at 7mm. 
      However I have replaced them more than once on both cars and they
      are still 1/4", 7mm are sloppy and 7/16" are bigger still.  I've
      had a cranked double-ended ring spanner for nearly 60 years, it's
      a bit sloppy from having used it on seized bleeders so I slacken
      them without opening with a 1/4" socket, then put the spanner on,
      then the bleed tube using the spanner just for final opening. 
      Reversing when done.</p>
    <p>Googling brings up plenty of both 7mm and 1/4" combination and
      double ring spanners for me.<br>
    </p>
    <p>PaulH.</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 17/02/2025 22:44, Max Heim wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      You’re lucky — I was finding ones with a 7mm flat. Most wrench
      sets don’t even HAVE a 7mm, and it’s so dinky it’s guaranteed to
      round off the flats. So I’m interested din this, too.
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>
        <div>
          --<br>
          Max Heim<br>
          '66 MGB
        </div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div><br>
          <blockquote type="cite">
            <div>On Feb 17, 2025, at 12:58 PM, David Woerpel
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:</div>
            <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            <div>
              <div> Hi List,<br>
                <br>
                Been quiet so I thought I'd make an inquiry.  Where can
                one find wheel cylinder brake bleeders that are 7/16"
                across the flats.  All I can find take a 10mm wrench
                from the usual suspects.  Would like to keep the car
                non-metric.<br>
                I apologize if you got this twice.<br>
                <br>
                From the frozen Tundra,<br>
                Dave W<br>
                '59 :{)<br>
                '59 MGA 1500</div>
            </div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------09w1HnRhWfF20BlCulJkwK4r--

--===============8919355888298173242==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8919355888298173242==--