Subject: Re: [Mgs] lowering rubber bumper car

From: Paul Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 08:55:26 +0000

If you change the crossmember you would also have to change the steering 
rack and the steering column as the relative lengths of the shafts 
changed.  That was needed so the RB rack shaft could pass though the 
right-hand engine mount bracket instead of fouling it.

Whilst you can obviously do fairly extensive body modifications to the 
front and rear suspension mounting points to lower the car to keep the 
same springs, I've only ever hear of people doing it by changing springs 
and bump stops.

PaulH.

On 31/01/2024 17:00, Max Heim wrote:
> I can see how using cut-down springs, for example, could change the geometry. But what I am wondering is why one couldn’t just install the entire front suspension from a CB car, including the crossmember, thereby duplicating the ride height and geometry of the original design? I don’t believe the RB cars changed the tub or the attachment points of the crossmember, did they? It’s possible that I don’t know what I’m talking about, however — I have never had anything to do with RBs.
>
> --
> Max Heim
> '66 MGB
>
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]