Subject: Re: [Mgs] FYI

From: PaulHunt73 <[email-masked]> RAxlVnHiSZ1XipuJJx8tfBxgrlR3My8i7KJ2bdjK4+Vgh0h5avhW6fmdgRrY0/HuoCQWyrzslkwQO3RSBMlWQBYwrVRdMUq1iRFWI0KHnOZmcDDnI1xd12Ve
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 15:36:34 +0100

In a bend at speed maybe, mine was on the straight and all I needed to 
do was steer to the the hard shoulder, no drama or gymnastics.  The rest 
is down to driver competence which is sadly lacking these days.

On 25/07/2023 15:15, cgmoog wrote:
> Rear blowouts are more dangerous than front. Cars have a higher 
> tendency to oversteer during a rear blowout.
>
>  During the Ford/Firestone issues in the 90's most deaths were from 
> rear blowouts that the driver over corrected causing the vehicle to flip.
>
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

---

From: John Cahoon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 18:49:36 +0000 (UTC)

--===============9160457818616174131==
	boundary="----=_Part_4158211_1752745768.1690310976868"

------=_Part_4158211_1752745768.1690310976868
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Tire experience here in Cleveland OHIO. Cool climate and lots of clouds.
Experience of 20 plus years on a set
of tires is common. Why. Low temperatures. Lots of cloud means less UV radi=
ation from sun. Cars stored in winter away from sun and light in general. L=
ow driven miles means less stress on tires.
My experience for what's worth.
Dr John CahoonSent from Yahoo Mail on Android=20
=20
  On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 11:01 AM, cgmoog<[email-masked]> wrote:   R=
ear blowouts are more dangerous than front. Cars have a higher tendency to =
oversteer during a rear blowout.
=C2=A0During the Ford/Firestone issues in the 90's most deaths were from re=
ar blowouts that the driver over corrected causing the vehicle to flip.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.=
com> Date: 7/25/23 9:02 AM (GMT-05:00) To: [email-masked] Subject: Re: =
[Mgs] FYI=20
Jay Leno is hardly poor :o)

Mine was tubed and I expected it to be shredded, but it just had a cut=20
about 3" long.=C2=A0 One of the spokes had broken, normally they just lose=
=20
the head in the hub and the pressure keeps the main part in the rim.=C2=A0=
=20
This was missing altogether, heaven knows where that went.=C2=A0 A rear tyr=
e,=20
I can't remember what the sensation was when it suddenly deflated at=20
70mph, but it was so mild I just brought the car to a halt as I normally=20
would.=C2=A0 Rear tyre so may have helped, and passenger side so safer to=
=20
change on the motorway. Touring fully laden so stuff had to be unloaded.

PaulH.

On 24/07/2023 17:23, Max Heim wrote:
> It just occurred to me that I bought my current tires for my previous=20
> car, which left the premises in 2018, and was in a state of=20
> disassembly for 3 or 4 years before that. So they might date back to=20
> 2014 or even 2012. Still at least 70% tread left and the sidewalls=20
> look fine with no cracking. They have always been parked out of the=20
> sun under a carport with a car cover. I am not too concerned about=20
> sudden failure since they contain inner tubes.
>
> I did once have an abrupt deflation incident with a previous set due=20
> to highway debris, but didn=E2=80=99t have any trouble keeping the car un=
der=20
> control, and I changed to the spare on the roadside.
>
> --
> Max Heim
> '66 MGB
>

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]
 =20

------=_Part_4158211_1752745768.1690310976868
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Tire experience here in Cleveland OHIO. Cool climate and lots of clouds.<di=
v><br></div><div>Experience of 20 plus years on a set<br>of tires is common=
. Why. Low temperatures. Lots of cloud means less UV radiation from sun. Ca=
rs stored in winter away from sun and light in general. Low driven miles me=
ans less stress on tires.</div><div><br></div><div>My experience for what's=
 worth.</div><div><br></div><div>Dr John Cahoon</div><div><div id=3D"ymail_=
android_signature"><a id=3D"ymail_android_signature_link" href=3D"https://m=
ail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=3Dnativeplacement&amp;c=3DGlobal_Acquisition_Y=
Mktg_315_Internal_EmailSignature&amp;af_sub1=3DAcquisition&amp;af_sub2=3DGl=
obal_YMktg&amp;af_sub3=3D&amp;af_sub4=3D100000604&amp;af_sub5=3DEmailSignat=
ure__Static_">Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android</a></div> <br> <blockquote st=
yle=3D"margin: 0 0 20px 0;"> <div style=3D"font-family:Roboto, sans-serif; =
color:#6D00F6;"> <div>On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 11:01 AM, cgmoog</div><div>&l=
t;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div> </div> <div style=3D"padding: 10px =
0 0 20px; margin: 10px 0 0 0; border-left: 1px solid #6D00F6;"> <div id=3D"=
yiv7930472172"><div><div>Rear blowouts are more dangerous than front. Cars =
have a higher tendency to oversteer during a rear blowout.</div><div><br></=
div><div>&nbsp;During the Ford/Firestone issues in the 90's most deaths wer=
e from rear blowouts that the driver over corrected causing the vehicle to =
flip.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div id=3D"yiv79304=
72172composer_signature"><div style=3D"font-size:12px;color:#575757;">Sent =
from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone</div></div><div><br></div><div><=
br></div><div style=3D"font-size:100%;color:#000000;"></div><div style=3D"f=
ont-size:100%;color:#000000;" align=3D"left"><div>-------- Original message=
 --------</div><div>From: PaulHunt73 &lt;[email-masked]&gt; </d=
iv><div>Date: 7/25/23  9:02 AM  (GMT-05:00) </div><div>To: [email-masked]=
et </div><div>Subject: Re: [Mgs] FYI </div><div><br></div></div>Jay Leno is=
 hardly poor :o)<br><br>Mine was tubed and I expected it to be shredded, bu=
t it just had a cut <br>about 3" long.&nbsp; One of the spokes had broken, =
normally they just lose <br>the head in the hub and the pressure keeps the =
main part in the rim.&nbsp; <br>This was missing altogether, heaven knows w=
here that went.&nbsp; A rear tyre, <br>I can't remember what the sensation =
was when it suddenly deflated at <br>70mph, but it was so mild I just broug=
ht the car to a halt as I normally <br>would.&nbsp; Rear tyre so may have h=
elped, and passenger side so safer to <br>change on the motorway. Touring f=
ully laden so stuff had to be unloaded.<br><br>PaulH.<br><br>On 24/07/2023 =
17:23, Max Heim wrote:<br>&gt; It just occurred to me that I bought my curr=
ent tires for my previous <br>&gt; car, which left the premises in 2018, an=
d was in a state of <br>&gt; disassembly for 3 or 4 years before that. So t=
hey might date back to <br>&gt; 2014 or even 2012. Still at least 70% tread=
 left and the sidewalls <br>&gt; look fine with no cracking. They have alwa=
ys been parked out of the <br>&gt; sun under a carport with a car cover. I =
am not too concerned about <br>&gt; sudden failure since they contain inner=
 tubes.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; I did once have an abrupt deflation incident with a=
 previous set due <br>&gt; to highway debris, but didn=E2=80=99t have any t=
rouble keeping the car under <br>&gt; control, and I changed to the spare o=
n the roadside.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; --<br>&gt; Max Heim<br>&gt; '66 MGB<br>&gt;=
<br>_______________________________________________<br><br>[email-masked]=
et<br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation&=
nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox=
.team.net/archive<br><br>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options=
/mgs/[email-masked]<br></div></div>__________________________________=
_____________<br><br><a ymailto=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" href=3D"mailt=
o:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://w=
ww.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br><br>Archive: <a href=3D"ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipe=
rmail/mgs</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]</a><br> </div> </blo=
ckquote></div>
------=_Part_4158211_1752745768.1690310976868--

--===============9160457818616174131==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============9160457818616174131==--

---

From: PaulHunt73 <[email-masked]> zhA5RLMOsbAknvJr2NUaxYTNAmFiJoIfTCSyrYsRGgiMZDv1nmII9UC57VBBlrCZY8DW0WwEkX+4XmlaUFz6PhOSeGNIiidZcAkPHetj9V7E316t70QA7/k8 34flUS14bDZU5Gv3lfoqYw==
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 08:20:58 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8104967959747549435==
 boundary="------------jHV5eKlLqwMoEx2FK4420UqX"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------jHV5eKlLqwMoEx2FK4420UqX
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

UK is known for 'cool and cloudy' not to say wet (especially at the 
moment ...).  Car garaged when not being used, and when it is being used 
it's not thrown around.  It's used all year round when the roads are 
'right' and if there is an extended period of bad weather I periodically 
rotate the wheels a quarter-turn.  All of which is why I suspect this 
tyre was faulty, or they just aren't built as well any more, which could 
happen with any.

PaulH.

On 25/07/2023 19:49, John Cahoon wrote:
> of tires is common. Why. Low temperatures. Lots of cloud means less UV 
> radiation from sun. Cars stored in winter away from sun and light in 
> general. Low driven miles means less stress on tires.
>
> Dr John Cahoon
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android 
> <https://mail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=nativeplacement&c=Global_Acquisition_YMktg_315_Internal_EmailSignature&af_sub1=Acquisition&af_sub2=Global_YMktg&af_sub3=&af_sub4=100000604&af_sub5=EmailSignature__Static_>
>
--------------jHV5eKlLqwMoEx2FK4420UqX
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>UK is known for 'cool and cloudy' not to say wet (especially at
      the moment ...).  Car garaged when not being used, and when it is
      being used it's not thrown around.  It's used all year round when
      the roads are 'right' and if there is an extended period of bad
      weather I periodically rotate the wheels a quarter-turn.  All of
      which is why I suspect this tyre was faulty, or they just aren't
      built as well any more, which could happen with any.</p>
    <p>PaulH.<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 25/07/2023 19:49, John Cahoon wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      Tire experience here in Cleveland OHIO. Cool climate and lots of
      clouds.
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>Experience of 20 plus years on a set<br>
        of tires is common. Why. Low temperatures. Lots of cloud means
        less UV radiation from sun. Cars stored in winter away from sun
        and light in general. Low driven miles means less stress on
        tires.</div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>My experience for what's worth.</div>
      <div><br>
      </div>
      <div>Dr John Cahoon</div>
      <div>
        <div id="ymail_android_signature"><a
            id="ymail_android_signature_link"
href="https://mail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=nativeplacement&amp;c=Global_Acquisition_YMktg_315_Internal_EmailSignature&amp;af_sub1=Acquisition&amp;af_sub2=Global_YMktg&amp;af_sub3=&amp;af_sub4=100000604&amp;af_sub5=EmailSignature__Static_"
            moz-do-not-send="true">Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android</a></div>
        <br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------jHV5eKlLqwMoEx2FK4420UqX--

--===============8104967959747549435==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8104967959747549435==--