Subject: [Mgs] Blinker Relay

From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:33:15 +0000

--_004_298690ef66a14f03a96a709982a25c7franteercom_
	boundary="_000_298690ef66a14f03a96a709982a25c7franteercom_"

--_000_298690ef66a14f03a96a709982a25c7franteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et105.htm

I am just really confused.  when I test this, and I have a used one that a =
vendor says tested good, I find that terminals 5 and 1 (see Barney's webpag=
e) connect to ground when I use a continuity tester.  On the workbench term=
inals 1 and 5 show connection to the casing, which I am pretty sure is supp=
osed to be grounded.

Can someone explain to me why this is right?  I really want to make sure I =
don't have an errant ground.

--_000_298690ef66a14f03a96a709982a25c7franteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=
//www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D"word-wrap:=
break-word">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><a href=3D"http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et=
105.htm">http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et105.htm</a><o:p></o:p></p=
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">I am just really confused.&nbsp; when I test this, a=
nd I have a used one that a vendor says tested good, I find that terminals =
5 and 1 (see Barney&#8217;s webpage) connect to ground when I use a continu=
ity tester.&nbsp; On the workbench terminals 1 and
 5 show connection to the casing, which I am pretty sure is supposed to be =
grounded.<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Can someone explain to me why this is right?&nbsp; I=
 really want to make sure I don&#8217;t have an errant ground.
<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_298690ef66a14f03a96a709982a25c7franteercom_--

--_004_298690ef66a14f03a96a709982a25c7franteercom_
Content-Description: 20230213_185654a.jpg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20230213_185654a.jpg";
	size=2249861; creation-date="Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:24:39 GMT";
	modification-date="Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:33:15 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_004_298690ef66a14f03a96a709982a25c7franteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/[email-masked]

--_004_298690ef66a14f03a96a709982a25c7franteercom_--